The Thing! Science Team wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

And one other thing because this game is still on my mind.

This morning i said "over and out" meaning i didnt have more time this morning to think about & analyse & post, this morning.

Then i checked and saw hjelp had been lynched.
I then thought, well everyone else thought i meant i wasnt going to say or add anything else till deadline.
I should have been careful and not said "over and out"
I thought i might have lost the game for science with that one careless comment.

Then when i checked in again it was Science team win.
I was like wtf has happened????
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by hjelp »

It was not good I was travelling at the beginning and couldn't post that much I usually do. suspicious directly from the start. so I had to restate evident resume sO I dind't miss anything special. Anyhow, I won many before this so i'tsok. Well done Town
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by hjelp »

So I didn't infect anyone :)
homer_jay
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by homer_jay »

nice! kinda shocking to be that on the ball right away. well done team, and well played sonic. game MVP.

curious... hjelp, if you had been given a D0 infection, who would you have picked?
Champion of:

The Next Feudal Lord/Queen
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a

Supreme Feudal Doubles Tournament
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... &start=120
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by SoN!c »

Yes i would like to know that too: hjelp, if you had been given a D0 infection power, who would you have picked?

And who was Mcready and who would you have picked for FT?
Image
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

I agree with MVP Sonic

He used his bloodtest result soooo well in sooo many ways.

I was good with Hjelps "I call your hand" play, and I think Sonic probably would have been too, if in the whole Sonic had seen coming from an honest place in Hjelps play afterwards.
Sonic never saw dishonesty in Annie's play, and what she did after was correct, not hasty, coming from an honest place play - culminating in her fittingly dropping the hammer on Hjelp.
So shout out to Annie

I don't see anything that Hjelp should reproach himself for either.
Coming up against a 100% clean Sonic with any grounds for suspecting you will get most if not all players
- no fake counterattack will work
- no other players in your team to dishonestly throw alternative suspicions elsewhere
- first time (I think) ploughing a solo furrow in these games
- "I call your hand" wasn't - I don't think - wrong in itself
And shout out to Hjelp for playing a near impossible hand to the full.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

@ DDS Vote Sonic G2

What do you think DDS re Sonics offer of a rerun with him hosting your game and you playing?
Also the missing pieces / roles in this game.

BT Macready
Who would you have torched - would Goose on the menu appeal just tooo much?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by hjelp »

If on Day 0, I would have picked SoN!c, the reason is that there are few players arguing aginst SoN!c since it takes a lot of gut and many posts and that SoN!c not always care about the written facts all together, Picks what suites - but so do I :) IMO. Thanks you DDS for the setup. I was a serial killer alone in a SoN!c game and that went well in the end. With that said - I dind't post from the start since travelling and that was suspicious. I should have posted that I was travelling from the start and will add more post later. Me and SoN!c in a team would have been difficult to crack. I think we are playing the same sort of strategy, but I'm a bit more cautious. I might be wrog though.
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

ahhhh what might have been eh?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by SoN!c »

Loose Canon wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 4:54 am I agree with MVP Sonic

He used his bloodtest result soooo well in sooo many ways.

I was good with Hjelps "I call your hand" play, and I think Sonic probably would have been too, if in the whole Sonic had seen coming from an honest place in Hjelps play afterwards.
Sonic never saw dishonesty in Annie's play, and what she did after was correct, not hasty, coming from an honest place play - culminating in her fittingly dropping the hammer on Hjelp.
So shout out to Annie

I don't see anything that Hjelp should reproach himself for either.
Coming up against a 100% clean Sonic with any grounds for suspecting you will get most if not all players
- no fake counterattack will work
- no other players in your team to dishonestly throw alternative suspicions elsewhere
- first time (I think) ploughing a solo furrow in these games
- "I call your hand" wasn't - I don't think - wrong in itself
And shout out to Hjelp for playing a near impossible hand to the full.
I know one Thing: The game would not have been so much fun without you LC! =D> =D> =D>

Image
Image
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

TOOO funny
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
User avatar
Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
Posts: 1823
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am
Gender: Male
Location: South Africa

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Charle »

Thanks very much DDS, it was fun, even if short lasted but really fun!

Could not believe I was Macready twice in a row! I laughed so much when they wanted to fish who that would be but never had my name on it :)
User avatar
Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
Posts: 1823
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am
Gender: Male
Location: South Africa

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Charle »

So now it it Traf or Dev for the next one? Traf said he had eveything setup already, but we need to get hold of him first :)
User avatar
Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
Posts: 1823
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am
Gender: Male
Location: South Africa

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Charle »

Too be honest, i was not sure who to torch, but it would not have been Loosey Goosey.
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

Ohhh but it would have been sooo funny to see flambe'd Goose.

Other thing thinking about it is even though there was a Mvp in this game the Mvp couldn't do his job without VPs and contribution in the game even if it seems modest to you makes you VPs
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by SoN!c »

absolutely! solid team work!
Image
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

And Bunny has added a lot to these games
Birthday cake and posting in third person about herself.
Like the third person so much its come into my postings at times - you know what they say about imitation
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
User avatar
annieh
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by annieh »

Seeing Sonic as host sounds fun as hell
User avatar
HottBunnie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2025 1:58 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by HottBunnie »

Aw thanks loose It was a very fun game even for just one day. And I definitely play again. Sonic Hosting would probably be pretty great. I wonder if there’s a mafia Salem Witch trials version. That’s probably one of my favorite maps in the game.
User avatar
Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
Posts: 1230
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:17 am
Location: Canada

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Devante »

Charle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 5:49 am So now it it Traf or Dev for the next one? Traf said he had eveything setup already, but we need to get hold of him first :)
Actually wouldn’t mind hosting this version again. Times getting tight since winter is coming and hunting, then sonic and dds could play in same game which is always fun
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by SoN!c »

Go for it.
Image
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by hjelp »

I'm in from the start - I'm not travelling
User avatar
Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
Posts: 1230
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:17 am
Location: Canada

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Devante »

Perfect. I’ll set up a sign up when I’m back to pc. Hockey for next bit
homer_jay
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by homer_jay »

Loose Canon wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 4:54 am culminating in her fittingly dropping the hammer on Hjelp.
So shout out to Annie
hey hey hey... i beat her to the hammer by a full 3 minutes :D
Champion of:

The Next Feudal Lord/Queen
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a

Supreme Feudal Doubles Tournament
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... &start=120
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Science Team wins!

Post by Loose Canon »

Not really Homer - a good lady is always fashionably late
It demonstrates style, class and sophistication

Your hammer on the other hand was little short of shabby
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Post Reply

Return to “Mafia Games”