Bit by Bit 0x01 [Complete; Winner: uckuki]
Moderator: Tournament Directors
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [0x12/20]
Due to my above time limit restriction and the "lowest one drops" nature of the tournament, I will be starting it effective immediately. I'll apply for privileges shortly and get games out soon. Due to the odd number (19 players), there may be a few who have to play 9, maybe 10 games (you're only at risk for 8 of them, and you will know which).
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x01]
i cant see the spreadsheet, wont let me in
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x01]
I forgot to set view permissions to not require a Google account. Since fixed.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x01]
how does the scoresheet work? is the bottom line a total sum or ??
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x01]
i do not understand the score sheet, yup, old and stupid r i
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x01]
I was going to reread the first post here to see if it would help me understand the scoring, but I am glad to hear I am not the only one confused.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x01]
as I understood it
you have to among top 4 in games you predicted to be
you have to among top 4 in games you predicted to be
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x01]
Yes, that seems to be the essence of it.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
Cycle 0x01 has completed, and five people have been eliminated from parity error. No one in the entire cycle finished in the top 4 of all the games they said they would, and no one won 4 of the round's matches (though two people won 3), so everyone went through a parity check. Sheer dumb luck kept people in, so here's hoping things end up better for Cycle 0x02. I will be making and sending out games tomorrow.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
Only one of eight games in group 00 is underway. Perhaps some reminder emails are in order.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
Well those seven games have been dropped, it seems. What's up, TaCktiX?
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
Scores updated on the spreadsheet. Group 00 is already locked up, Group 01 needs one more game to finish to complete the cycle.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
Looks like someone is trying to explore the halting problem on the infinite Turing machine that is Game 7147236. Sigh.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
i won in 30 rounds, ur rule is not to exceed 30 rounds, or they dont count
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
Praise be! The next round can finally begin.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x02]
Cycle complete, I will be reassigning groups and sending out games tomorrow.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Cycle 0x03]
Cycle 0x03 has finally concluded and it was not kind to most of the people still playing. Only FOUR remain for Cycle 0x04, which will be the final round. 8 4 player games of random, may the best player win.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Complete; Winner: uckuki]
After a quick cycle, a winner has been crowned. Congratulations to uckuki for achieving not only best average finish, but overflow (5 won games of
in the final round.
Re: Bit by Bit 0x01 [Complete; Winner: uckuki]
Congratulations, uckuki, and many thanks to TaCktiX for all the work on this tournament.