LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
Moderator: Community Team
LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
Well it was brought to my attention per cmeb4udie about seeing about haveing a lifetime membership. He PMed lack so i figured i put a poll up to get the members of CCs comments on this.
well
Well thanks Eye didn't think of doing this because you well know my posting is..... should I say non-existant. I think it could serve the community well but that is my thought only we shall see what the community thinks.
Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.




- Risktaker17
- Posts: 1495
- Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:09 am
- jennifermarie
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:07 pm
- Gender: Female
- Location: Indiana, USA
- Risktaker17
- Posts: 1495
- Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:09 am
- AndyDufresne
- Posts: 24919
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
- Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
- Contact:
- insomniacdude
- Posts: 634
- Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:14 am
I think Conquerclub will be around for a long time. There are gamesites that have been around for...way too long, and though they might waver in popularity, people will still always play it. Until something comes along that's better or cheaper than CC, I highly doubt it will not stay running.
Also, if Lack decides that he's done managing the site, he could always sell. The site should be pretty profitable (it's gotta be if it's Lack's primary source of income), and if Lack keeps working on it for a few more years it should be a nice commodity. I'm sure some internet conglomerates would be happy to have this niche site to add to their database.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the idea
I don't have an opinion. I don't know how many people would buy it, how frequently it would be used, what the costs might be (both in terms of finances and opportunity). There are a lot of mitigating factors that I simply don't know because I am (rightfully) kept in the dark on them.
Buying premium in bulk might be a better idea. Something like "Buy 18 months get the next 6 free." Still hard to say without more knowledge on memberships.
Also, if Lack decides that he's done managing the site, he could always sell. The site should be pretty profitable (it's gotta be if it's Lack's primary source of income), and if Lack keeps working on it for a few more years it should be a nice commodity. I'm sure some internet conglomerates would be happy to have this niche site to add to their database.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the idea
I don't have an opinion. I don't know how many people would buy it, how frequently it would be used, what the costs might be (both in terms of finances and opportunity). There are a lot of mitigating factors that I simply don't know because I am (rightfully) kept in the dark on them.
Buying premium in bulk might be a better idea. Something like "Buy 18 months get the next 6 free." Still hard to say without more knowledge on memberships.
- Optimus Prime
- Posts: 9665
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:33 pm
- Gender: Male
Hmmm. . .
I for one think that $25 a year is a pretty sweet deal, and if you want to "contribute" to the site by purchasing several years at once there is nothing stopping you from doing so. Or, there is always the option of gifting other players a premium membership which could be seen as a "contribution" to the site as a whole in the long run.
I certainly hope that Lack doesn't get tired of running this site because the last thing I want to see is some conglomerate take over and fill it with ads, gimmicks, and trash.
I'd rather see it stay personal, fun, and just like it is (with the appropriate updates Lack feels ready to bestow upon us from time to time of course).
I for one think that $25 a year is a pretty sweet deal, and if you want to "contribute" to the site by purchasing several years at once there is nothing stopping you from doing so. Or, there is always the option of gifting other players a premium membership which could be seen as a "contribution" to the site as a whole in the long run.
I certainly hope that Lack doesn't get tired of running this site because the last thing I want to see is some conglomerate take over and fill it with ads, gimmicks, and trash.
I'd rather see it stay personal, fun, and just like it is (with the appropriate updates Lack feels ready to bestow upon us from time to time of course).
Can't be done realistically,
The balance sheet would be carrying huge exposure. Would look crazy and actually be a negative to anyone buying the business, QED it would actually detract. The owners would also have to be vigilant that they did not spend the income on current expenditure in any year preceding that on which the part of the premium received was actually due.
By the time you add in extra resource spend such as Accounting charges, bookkeeping time, Management time, a discount would work out very bad business.
Lifetime membership would be even worse. How could you expect any business to carry the exposure on it's balance sheet. The only way it could be done would be for a one off 'joining' fee that could be credited straight away. This, in itself brings other issues of complex accounting, I shall desist from going there with this brief, you do want to be able to keep your eyes open so you can read any other posts don't you?
The balance sheet would be carrying huge exposure. Would look crazy and actually be a negative to anyone buying the business, QED it would actually detract. The owners would also have to be vigilant that they did not spend the income on current expenditure in any year preceding that on which the part of the premium received was actually due.
By the time you add in extra resource spend such as Accounting charges, bookkeeping time, Management time, a discount would work out very bad business.
Lifetime membership would be even worse. How could you expect any business to carry the exposure on it's balance sheet. The only way it could be done would be for a one off 'joining' fee that could be credited straight away. This, in itself brings other issues of complex accounting, I shall desist from going there with this brief, you do want to be able to keep your eyes open so you can read any other posts don't you?
- max is gr8
- Posts: 3720
- Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:44 am
- Location: In a big ball of light sent from the future
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
I think this should not be implemented, there is nothing preventing people buying 20 years worth in one go, think about it, it beats inflation and any increases in price, so why should lack add this when people can do so already?
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
how about $50 a year?
-
PLAYER57832
- Posts: 3075
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Pennsylvania
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
I cannot see a lifetime membership, but perhaps a 5 year membership. For most people, that is probably about the same anyway.max is gr8 wrote:I think this should not be implemented, there is nothing preventing people buying 20 years worth in one go, think about it, it beats inflation and any increases in price, so why should lack add this when people can do so already?
If someone wants to come back at that point ... they can re-up.
But the bottom line is will this increase membership or, alternatively increase the number of people staying and playing if that is seen as a way to increase membership? (that is, it could be the more people here means more games, which in turn means more other people are likely to join .. not sure, just saying it could oneof several possible scenarios where it would be a good business decision to encourage more long term memberships).
- KoE_Sirius
- Posts: 1651
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:08 pm
- Location: Somerset
Re:
Yeah nice try guys..You nearly had themjennifermarie wrote:This won't work, because servers keep getting expensive, and the cost must keep up with inflation.
The price you quote "100-150" is only 4-6 years...Life expectancy now is mid 70s if not more...too much money would be lost.
Highest Rank 4th.
-
DarthBlood
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:21 am
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
i say offer 2 or 3 year memberships. 5 years seems like a bit too much...
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
It would be too hard.
People live longer than others. What if someone dies? Does the membership keep going?
People live longer than others. What if someone dies? Does the membership keep going?
-
PLAYER57832
- Posts: 3075
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Pennsylvania
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
Actually a bigger issue would be how would you track that it really was the same person ... and not a friend or relative. Folks already "share" memberships (nothing in the rules against more than one person playing the same profile, just one person having more than one profile..).jnd94 wrote:It would be too hard.
People live longer than others. What if someone dies? Does the membership keep going?
A multi-year membership would be nice for us. The question is whether it makes business sense for Lack and his associates.
- max is gr8
- Posts: 3720
- Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:44 am
- Location: In a big ball of light sent from the future
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
People, to buy more than one year premium you go and pay for premium multiple times, so Player there is an option for lifetime membership, no increase of prices and after the first payment it is cheap entertainment
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
-
PLAYER57832
- Posts: 3075
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Pennsylvania
Re: LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP
Agreed. : )
And definitely agreed about the cheap entertainment part. : )
And definitely agreed about the cheap entertainment part. : )

