Playing for 3rd? Or playing not to finish fourth.
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
Playing for 3rd? Or playing not to finish fourth.
I am a very new player...never even played RISK.
In a game I'm in, it is seems apparent that I cannot win, that 2 of my 3 opponents are much stronger than me.
On my turn I attacked the other weak player for fear they would eliminate me first. His only territories are now stuck between the 2 stronger players.
The move left me kind of thin but I couldn't think of an alternative.
Is this poor etiquette, poor strategy or good strategy?
PS: If I haven't given enough information please let me know.
Thanks.
In a game I'm in, it is seems apparent that I cannot win, that 2 of my 3 opponents are much stronger than me.
On my turn I attacked the other weak player for fear they would eliminate me first. His only territories are now stuck between the 2 stronger players.
The move left me kind of thin but I couldn't think of an alternative.
Is this poor etiquette, poor strategy or good strategy?
PS: If I haven't given enough information please let me know.
Thanks.
- peanutsdad
- Posts: 718
- Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 9:16 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: behind you
yeah he's right there's no points for third. what i would have done in your situation depending on weather your playing flat rate or esculating, is possibly seek out a truce if possible in order to build up and then maybe over take one of the other stronger players. other wise what's the point of taking out the weaker player, your both just making it easier for the stronger player to win then. Never give up, always fight to the death!!!!

- -ShadySoul-
- Posts: 1679
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:28 pm
- Location: Siberia
you remind me of an army generalpeanutsdad wrote:yeah he's right there's no points for third. what i would have done in your situation depending on weather your playing flat rate or esculating, is possibly seek out a truce if possible in order to build up and then maybe over take one of the other stronger players. other wise what's the point of taking out the weaker player, your both just making it easier for the stronger player to win then. Never give up, always fight to the death!!!!
Anyway, the fact that u should look for a truce is the best choice u have, but it doesn't matter whether u are playing flat or esc, even if u can collect enough cards for a combo, it is going to be impossible to take over either of the two stronger guys, and it is most likely the other players got a combo up their sleeve too. So, u are screwed anyway. And now it all comes to ur morals, whether or not u are going to scoop low to form an alliance or just die honorable death, on the way taking some armies with ya.
I should have said it was a 6 player game (still learning to include pertinent information)
The second weakest player was next, and I thought I was vulnerable.
Given I received more points to live longer, I think I made the right decision.
The only alternative, which I didn't consider, is to become allies with the other weak player.
The second weakest player was next, and I thought I was vulnerable.
Given I received more points to live longer, I think I made the right decision.
The only alternative, which I didn't consider, is to become allies with the other weak player.
- insomniacdude
- Posts: 634
- Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:14 am
I dont advise trying to make a truce with the weaker guy rather try to get an aliance with the second highest ranked guy. He will be thrilled to have an ally as that will allow him to take on the strongest guy and take his place as #1, with your support. Then swich to the new #2 ranked guy, and so on. This keeps the game going and keeps people from winning. Which means you have options. I do this alot and for this reason I hate 3 player games. they dont end unless someone gets a crazy good start, they play stupid or someone misses a turn.
(ever turned in a set for over a hundred and been scared to attack because you knew you would loose the game if you went for an opponet?)
(ever turned in a set for over a hundred and been scared to attack because you knew you would loose the game if you went for an opponet?)
-
dominationnation
- Posts: 4234
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:20 am
- JOHNNYROCKET24
- Posts: 5514
- Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 4:11 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: among the leets
- Dr_Demento
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:41 pm
- Location: Indiana

