I was hoping for a bit more support... I guess now I'm chasing for home ice advantage.Godd wrote: 9 more wins for me and 1 lost (that tricky BaldAdonis snuck around and whooped me good)
CHL SEASON [CHAMPION: Godd]
Moderator: Tournament Directors
- BaldAdonis
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 am
- Location: Trapped in Pleasantville with Toby McGuire
- TheKidsTrumpet
- Posts: 2250
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:14 pm
- Location: Monterey Coast
- BaldAdonis
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 am
- Location: Trapped in Pleasantville with Toby McGuire
Top 5 from each conference make the playoffs; division winners seeded 1 and 2. 4th and 5th place teams play a 3 game series to determine who goes on, then the winner plays the 1st seed, and 2nd and 3rd play each other, both in 7 game series. Aside from the initial mini-series, it works like you would expect: home-ice to highest seed, conference winners play for Ray Miron President’s Cup, with home ice going to best season standing. The CHL breaks seeding ties with this:thekidstrumpet wrote:How do the playoffs work in the CHL, I am unfamiliar with their setup, it at all similar to the NHL?
-Most wins
-Head to head record
-Goals for and against differential
but I suppose we're using different tie-breakers, because every game is win/lose, and there is no goal differential.
- rebelman
- Posts: 2968
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: People's Republic of Cork
- Contact:
Optimus I have to regretfully announce my withdrawl from this tournament as I am no longer able to play on my home map as since the revamp this map (Canada) is unplayable for someone with eyesight like mine.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
- Optimus Prime
- Posts: 9665
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:33 pm
- Gender: Male
I'm not going to lie. I still like you rebelman, but I think you are being completely childish about this. I'll take you out of the tournament, but it sucks. It really does. You are one of the better players in my tournaments and I think it is a shame to lose you over something like this.rebelman wrote:Optimus I have to regretfully announce my withdrawl from this tournament as I am no longer able to play on my home map as since the revamp this map (Canada) is unplayable for someone with eyesight like mine.
Regards, Optimus Prime
- TheKidsTrumpet
- Posts: 2250
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:14 pm
- Location: Monterey Coast
- rebelman
- Posts: 2968
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: People's Republic of Cork
- Contact:
optimus I really love your tournies and I have been really enjoying this one if there was a way for me to continue in this tournie and not playing on the canada map (until it is fixed) I would. However I see no such option in your first post. I am happy to use any other of the 60 maps as my home map if that meant I could stay in but honestly Optimus even trying fade as you suggested unfortunately Canada v2 is currently unplayable to me. I am not exaggerating or being childish - im being honest it is impossible for me to read this map at the moment so until it is fixed I genuinely can't play it.Optimus Prime wrote: I'm not going to lie. I still like you rebelman, but I think you are being completely childish about this. I'll take you out of the tournament, but it sucks. It really does. You are one of the better players in my tournaments and I think it is a shame to lose you over something like this.
Regards, Optimus Prime
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
- rebelman
- Posts: 2968
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: People's Republic of Cork
- Contact:
thanks, i am nearlythekidstrumpet wrote:I'm with Optimus... that really sucks... Will definitely miss you Rebelman.
Btdub, thanks for the outline of playoffs baldadonis.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
- Optimus Prime
- Posts: 9665
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:33 pm
- Gender: Male
- TheKidsTrumpet
- Posts: 2250
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:14 pm
- Location: Monterey Coast
IMO I think Optimus would be accommodating if physically you can't read the numbers due to no shaders around the numbers and conflicts with the other colors. I have read your other posts and am interested like Cairns in what specifically on the map is conflicting.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
- rebelman
- Posts: 2968
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: People's Republic of Cork
- Contact:
Thanks Optimus, that is extremely fair.Optimus Prime wrote:It is a decision that will need to be made by the players in the tournament. When I have a few free moments later this afternoon I will create a poll and send a PM to all participants asking if it would be fair to allow you to continue playing with a new home field map.
Regards, Optimus Prime
Just so people are clear on what the problem is:
My home setting for this tournie has been Canada. Overnight the new version of this map was uploaded and although it is visually a spectacular map as far as I am concerned it is a map i can't play in its current form.
The reason for this is I have a visual impairment so I am unable to distinguish green army numbers on the B.C. "continent" or to a lesser extent red army numbers on the Ontario "continent". i have never had this problem to this degree on any map before although having read several posts others on cc are experiencing very similar problems.
Blue is also a problem but as this is a 1 v 1 tournie it is irrelevant.
I am confident / hopeful these problems will be resolved, however in the interim this map is now unplayable for me. I would like to remain in this tournie but I cant continue playing on a home map where in effect i am blind folded.
Therefore I have two options, if my fellow players agree I will change my home turf for the remainder of the tournie (i don't mind what to) or I will pull out of the tournament as it would be pts suicide for me to continue playing canada until the contrast issue has been resolved by inserting army circles and/or changing the background colors.
i leave myself at the mercy of my peers and whatever your decision is i will totally respect it.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Rebelman
(PS fear of losing to me is not a good reason to vote against me in this poll
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
- Optimus Prime
- Posts: 9665
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:33 pm
- Gender: Male
Okay....there are two issues I need to deal with today. One, is with rebelman, and I will be putting the poll up and messaging all members.
Two, is that somehow my spreadsheet is COMPLETELY jacked up as I'm trying to record wins and losses at the moment. I ask that all of you bear with me as I try to figure out what has happened. It may take me a day or so to figure out though.
Never had that happen before.
Regards, Optimus Prime
Two, is that somehow my spreadsheet is COMPLETELY jacked up as I'm trying to record wins and losses at the moment. I ask that all of you bear with me as I try to figure out what has happened. It may take me a day or so to figure out though.
Never had that happen before.
Regards, Optimus Prime
Rebelman gets to choose a new map??
Well if the your home stadium flooded would you have to move?
What if it caught on fire, would you move?
If all the evacuated people set up camp there, would you move?
(get my point)
If they changed it on you then Move
I vote yes for Rebelman to get a new map
besides he whooped me (once out of 4 games) and I want revenge- for it was in the single elimination tourney
Well if the your home stadium flooded would you have to move?
What if it caught on fire, would you move?
If all the evacuated people set up camp there, would you move?
(get my point)
If they changed it on you then Move
I vote yes for Rebelman to get a new map
besides he whooped me (once out of 4 games) and I want revenge- for it was in the single elimination tourney
One question... what's going to happen with the current games? Win or lose, it might be unfair to call these games void. Yes, I know I'm doing well in the 3 games I'm in with Rebelman on Canada, but I don't think it's fair to cancel them out, even if I were to lose all 3.
But going forward, I've got no issues. It's not as though you simply got tired of the map mid-season, there was a change. I'd also like to state for the record that I really like the new map much more, though I can see how it may be difficult to read. So on that note, Rebelman, do you use Firefox? And the BOB add on? If you do, then you can easily see on the drop-down list how many armies there are on the territories. As long as they're yours, or adjacent to yours.... just a suggestion that might help.
But going forward, I've got no issues. It's not as though you simply got tired of the map mid-season, there was a change. I'd also like to state for the record that I really like the new map much more, though I can see how it may be difficult to read. So on that note, Rebelman, do you use Firefox? And the BOB add on? If you do, then you can easily see on the drop-down list how many armies there are on the territories. As long as they're yours, or adjacent to yours.... just a suggestion that might help.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
- Optimus Prime
- Posts: 9665
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:33 pm
- Gender: Male
The new map will only affect the games created after today. Any current games he will either have to finish to the best of his ability or simply forfeit. There isn't much I can do about that. Especially with my damn corrupted file at the moment.Serbia wrote:One question... what's going to happen with the current games? Win or lose, it might be unfair to call these games void. Yes, I know I'm doing well in the 3 games I'm in with Rebelman on Canada, but I don't think it's fair to cancel them out, even if I were to lose all 3.
- rebelman
- Posts: 2968
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: People's Republic of Cork
- Contact:
that's more than reasonableOptimus Prime wrote:The new map will only affect the games created after today. Any current games he will either have to finish to the best of his ability or simply forfeit. There isn't much I can do about that. Especially with my damn corrupted file at the moment.Serbia wrote:One question... what's going to happen with the current games? Win or lose, it might be unfair to call these games void. Yes, I know I'm doing well in the 3 games I'm in with Rebelman on Canada, but I don't think it's fair to cancel them out, even if I were to lose all 3.![]()
![]()
![]()
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
- BaldAdonis
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 am
- Location: Trapped in Pleasantville with Toby McGuire
- rebelman
- Posts: 2968
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: People's Republic of Cork
- Contact:
am more than willing to do thisBaldAdonis wrote:The New Orleans Saints finished the season playing home games at the visitor's stadium.Godd wrote:Well if the your home stadium flooded would you have to move?
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
- BaldAdonis
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 am
- Location: Trapped in Pleasantville with Toby McGuire
- Night Strike
- Posts: 8509
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
- Gender: Male
played 30
won 15
lost 15
home record 9-6
away record 6-9
division record N/A
good luck, I never thought about the division record until now, I will try and get back with those asap
won 15
lost 15
home record 9-6
away record 6-9
division record N/A
good luck, I never thought about the division record until now, I will try and get back with those asap
DOING HARD HIT SURVIVAL...IN A SERPENT CULTURE!
http://www.negrilstories.ca/index.php?pr=Dudus_and_Oil
>>>>yes.
☻/
/▌
/ \
EASIEST MAP - Pearl Harbor
http://www.negrilstories.ca/index.php?pr=Dudus_and_Oil
>>>>yes.
☻/
/▌
/ \
EASIEST MAP - Pearl Harbor
- TheKidsTrumpet
- Posts: 2250
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:14 pm
- Location: Monterey Coast

