I did read that. But the names aren't what ga7 said.reverend_kyle wrote:reverend_kyle wrote:
I'll fix the typos.
that was in the post right above yours.
Read what I say, or I refuse to read what you say.
France [Quenched]
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
All about ga7
Rank: Captain Captain
Score: 2088
Games: 436 Completed, 173 (40%) Won
Find all games with ga7
Feedback: 27-1
View ga7's feedback
Add ga7 to my ignore list
Joined: 03 Nov 2006
Total posts: 1329
[0.21% of total / 4.27 posts per day]
Find all posts by ga7
Country: France France
Location:
Website:
Occupation:
Interests:
All about Gilligan
Rank: Corporal 1st Class Corporal 1st Class
Score: 1357
Games: 1545 Completed, 462 (30%) Won
Find all games with Gilligan
Feedback: 153-5
View Gilligan's feedback
Add Gilligan to my ignore list
Joined: 11 May 2006
Total posts: 1713
[0.27% of total / 3.52 posts per day]
Find all posts by Gilligan
Country: United States United States
Location: Conquer Club, where else?
Website:
Occupation:
Interests: CC, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Kingdom Hearts, Wii, Marvel Movies

Rank: Captain Captain
Score: 2088
Games: 436 Completed, 173 (40%) Won
Find all games with ga7
Feedback: 27-1
View ga7's feedback
Add ga7 to my ignore list
Joined: 03 Nov 2006
Total posts: 1329
[0.21% of total / 4.27 posts per day]
Find all posts by ga7
Country: France France
Location:
Website:
Occupation:
Interests:
All about Gilligan
Rank: Corporal 1st Class Corporal 1st Class
Score: 1357
Games: 1545 Completed, 462 (30%) Won
Find all games with Gilligan
Feedback: 153-5
View Gilligan's feedback
Add Gilligan to my ignore list
Joined: 11 May 2006
Total posts: 1713
[0.27% of total / 3.52 posts per day]
Find all posts by Gilligan
Country: United States United States
Location: Conquer Club, where else?
Website:
Occupation:
Interests: CC, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Kingdom Hearts, Wii, Marvel Movies

DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
ga7 wrote:I understand you want to keep the english version of the area names, but for the territory names it's just typos:
Haute Vienne, Cote du Nord, Pas de Calais, Lozerre are the correct ones.
I made a mistake anyway come to think of it, it's Lozere.
For Corsica I don't think it matters much though. Corse people call it Corsica.
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
I would say that Garonne and Mayenne (the labels) have plenty of space to be moved away from the borders. Just looks strange when you have all this space and they are right on the edge for no apparent reason.
The corners on the legend seem off. The angles where they are 'cut' are different on the right and the left (at the top at least) Or, at the least they appear to be. I think with the corners looked better. Or, at least fix these so that it is uniform throughout.
The corners on the legend seem off. The angles where they are 'cut' are different on the right and the left (at the top at least) Or, at the least they appear to be. I think with the corners looked better. Or, at least fix these so that it is uniform throughout.
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
edbeard wrote:I would say that Garonne and Mayenne (the labels) have plenty of space to be moved away from the borders. Just looks strange when you have all this space and they are right on the edge for no apparent reason.
The corners on the legend seem off. The angles where they are 'cut' are different on the right and the left (at the top at least) Or, at the least they appear to be. I think with the corners looked better. Or, at least fix these so that it is uniform throughout.
i'll try on the second part.. the first part I think i already did, but it was to minor to really work on.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Dunno what "Cote du Norde" is 
I live in this region and I can assure you that the correct name is
Côtes-d'Armor
Great map otherwise !
PS: take a look at that : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9par ... %C3%A9gion
I live in this region and I can assure you that the correct name is
Côtes-d'Armor
Great map otherwise !
PS: take a look at that : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9par ... %C3%A9gion
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
- jako
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:50 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: A lost soul with no-one to stalk.
xml doesnt recognize accented letters, thats y u need to use du rather than that accented one, i think.Zumo wrote:Cote du Armor isn't correct in french :/
Before a voyel you must have d' instead of du
Cotes d'Armor at the least (you can't put ô and - on CC ?)

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
well lets fix this problem, i don't know if it is the same at xml as it is at the html but this might work
http://www.weethet.nl/dutch/html_asciitable.php
this al are code i think they work for xml
its in dutch but the only thing you need to know that is in dutch is "spatie" and that means space (from spacebar)
http://www.weethet.nl/dutch/html_asciitable.php
this al are code i think they work for xml
its in dutch but the only thing you need to know that is in dutch is "spatie" and that means space (from spacebar)
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
- DiM
- Posts: 10415
- Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: making maps for scooby snacks
kyle could you put both large and small images with the modifications of the terit labels so i can look over the coordinates and see what needs to be tweaked?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
- DiM
- Posts: 10415
- Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: making maps for scooby snacks
no problem. when you can just upload them.reverend_kyle wrote:yes DiM I could, however, I'm currently in the process of switching to a new computer and don't have photoshop or my picture files crossed over just yet.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
the legend corners aren't all the same rounded, but i think it looks good now so it doesn't matter that muchedbeard wrote:nope. frankly whenever I see these 2 maps I think they are unnecessarily large, but that's just personal taste.
legend corners look good to me. I'm not gonna Wisse it and zoom in because well if I can't tell from this view it probably doesn't matter




