France [Quenched]
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- AndyDufresne
- Posts: 24919
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
- Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
- Contact:
Regarding the legend, could you look into making the names stand out a little more? Perhaps with a black outline?
And regarding font on the board, I know you've been through a lot, but it doesn't feel quite right. I think the problem I have with it...is it feels a little too much like 'Type Text' from a type writer. But it's better than most you've had. If you aren't looking to change the font again, perhaps maybe making it a little bolder would make it more appealing to the eye.
--Andy
And regarding font on the board, I know you've been through a lot, but it doesn't feel quite right. I think the problem I have with it...is it feels a little too much like 'Type Text' from a type writer. But it's better than most you've had. If you aren't looking to change the font again, perhaps maybe making it a little bolder would make it more appealing to the eye.
--Andy
The map's starting to shape up quite nicely. I don't have time for a detailed look, but something that is quite obvious to me is the placement of territory labels. For example Pyrenees, Garonne, Tarn, Ardeche, Mayenne. There's others as well, but perhaps see if you can better place the labels to not crowd the borders when it's not needed.
KEYOGI wrote:The map's starting to shape up quite nicely. I don't have time for a detailed look, but something that is quite obvious to me is the placement of territory labels. For example Pyrenees, Garonne, Tarn, Ardeche, Mayenne. There's others as well, but perhaps see if you can better place the labels to not crowd the borders when it's not needed.
I don't see this as being a huge problem and I don't want to mess too much with DiM's coordinates on the xml and I fear that changing the names location will do that and i don't want to do that too much when not needed.
Why have french name and english name for the region bonus ?
I think all the name must be in french ... :
Picardy : Picardie
Alps : Alpes
Burgundy : Bourgogne
Britany : Bretagne
And there are some mistakes in other names :
Pais de Calais : Pas de Calais
Cote du Norde : Côte du Nord (but it real name is Cote d'Armor)
Loire Atlantic : Loire Atlantique
Hautes Vienne : Haute Vienne
Lozierre : Lozère
Corsica : Corse
and other missing accent (but i understand, qwerty keyboards don't have)
Your card have Manche, but this location is Calvados. And your Calvados location is Orne
The intervention of a french guy
I think all the name must be in french ... :
Picardy : Picardie
Alps : Alpes
Burgundy : Bourgogne
Britany : Bretagne
And there are some mistakes in other names :
Pais de Calais : Pas de Calais
Cote du Norde : Côte du Nord (but it real name is Cote d'Armor)
Loire Atlantic : Loire Atlantique
Hautes Vienne : Haute Vienne
Lozierre : Lozère
Corsica : Corse
and other missing accent (but i understand, qwerty keyboards don't have)
Your card have Manche, but this location is Calvados. And your Calvados location is Orne
The intervention of a french guy
- DiM
- Posts: 10415
- Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: making maps for scooby snacks
don't worry change the locations if it's needed and i'll update the xml.zach wrote:KEYOGI wrote:The map's starting to shape up quite nicely. I don't have time for a detailed look, but something that is quite obvious to me is the placement of territory labels. For example Pyrenees, Garonne, Tarn, Ardeche, Mayenne. There's others as well, but perhaps see if you can better place the labels to not crowd the borders when it's not needed.
I don't see this as being a huge problem and I don't want to mess too much with DiM's coordinates on the xml and I fear that changing the names location will do that and i don't want to do that too much when not needed.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
I'm back from my ban.Qyu wrote:Why have french name and english name for the region bonus ?
I think all the name must be in french ... :
Picardy : Picardie
Alps : Alpes
Burgundy : Bourgogne
Britany : Bretagne
And there are some mistakes in other names :
Pais de Calais : Pas de Calais
Cote du Norde : Côte du Nord (but it real name is Cote d'Armor)
Loire Atlantic : Loire Atlantique
Hautes Vienne : Haute Vienne
Lozierre : Lozère
Corsica : Corse
and other missing accent (but i understand, qwerty keyboards don't have)
Your card have Manche, but this location is Calvados. And your Calvados location is Orne
The intervention of a french guy
We already decided that wewere going to go with the anglicized names and this was discussed at some lengths before we decided that it was best.
I will, however, fix the manche calvados thing.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
- Final Forge
Post questions and concerns if any.
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
lol no DiM does that. Like those white spots, that later I figured out what were..Wisse wrote:lol, i see all the smallest thingsreverend_kyle wrote:to be honest i'm not sure when that happened, but I was just hoping no one noticed because i didn't want to take the 5 minutes to fix it... but since you did I guess I will.
transparency.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
- Incandenza
- Posts: 4949
- Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Playing Eschaton with a bucket of old tennis balls
- DiM
- Posts: 10415
- Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: making maps for scooby snacks
here is the latest xml with a minor move on the coord for calvados.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r6s4xn
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r6s4xn
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:


