The Thing! Science Team wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Post Reply
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

Moreover, this is a new game not the old game …
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

- soN!c

If one OGT - the game can be over D1, yes. But since you know or be that sure of it-if two Things already. Are the Things aware of each other and can talk to each other? And by that working in a pair from D0 ? Then there will be 1/5 for a BT D1 and then a FT N1 1/9 and the game can be over 1/45 after N1. It’s also obvious and a meaningless posted, or do I miss something? Regarding meaningless posts. What isn’t meaningless though is your post regarding the old game.
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

- SoN!c

So my question to kongming isn’t meaningless but now you have given an argument for kongming to use when answer my question. Why did you do that?
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by SoN!c »

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:32 am Sorry seems that everytime I want to play this something happens. I was withouth electricity and internet for 3 days. FUcking old building.
Back to normal now. Sorry DDS for the warnings
Sooo you had no electricity for 3 days, and because of no electricity you had no internet.. Makes sense!

And because you had no internet you could not log in and post something.. Makes sense!

But without electricity and no internet.., how did you manage to take all those game turns then in the last 3 days?

Game 24737825 2026-09-26 04:55:30 - TrafalgarLaw01 received 1 troops for holding ?
Game 24770356 2026-09-25 15:53:10 - TrafalgarLaw01 reinforced ? with 2 troops from ?
Game 24770355 2026-09-25 15:52:20 - TrafalgarLaw01 reinforced ? with 2 troops from ?
Game 24770354 2026-09-25 15:50:43 - TrafalgarLaw01 deployed 6 troops on ?
and on and on...


Makes no sense :lol:
Image
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by SoN!c »

FP by Hjelp

If you don't believe me Hjelp ask Traf, he and Charles were also in the original game..
Image
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

Then why do I now ask kongming that question and now you this question? It’s because I’m trying to find out who the Thing/s is/are.
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

Last post was for SoN!c …
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

- SoN!c
Why did you answer the question I stated to kongming?
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by SoN!c »

hjelp wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:18 pm if I was OGT then the players having FTs are the most likely to be first on the list to be recruited.

By that. If there are three FTs (I think it was sonic mentioned three FTs) then revealing having a FT is not good:
This is your "question"..

You need me to answer this?? If revealing having an FT is not good?

The answer is : "No, it's not good."
Image
User avatar
HottBunnie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2025 1:58 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by HottBunnie »

Omg this is crazy, so Traf you post nothing up till the point you will be booted then a single im sorry post with no take on whats going on? This is the same thing you did last game. If you really lost power Im sorry but apparently you were still taking turns, so what gives here? Whatever it is if townies are basically absent a player its going to be a problem but heres what i say
Unvote LC
BT hjelp

FT Traf

Also not sure if I can vote FT and BT concurrently if not I rescind my FT
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

- SoN!c

This is the question I asked you.
Also- three was wrong- it was meant that you said two. Sorry.

hjelp wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:55 am - SoN!c
Why did you answer the question I stated to kongming?
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by SoN!c »

Beacause it sounded very general and not specific to Kong.

Also it did not even sounded as a real question...
Image
User avatar
annieh
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by annieh »

Yay, original traf! Better read up and come back with some reflections.

Looks like we are leaning towards testing a middle of the road solid pick like Kong, dev, traf, homer? It isn't important that it's those exact guys, it's important we narrow it down somehow.

I think Sonic's plan to hold off on a hjelp blood test, counting on a flamethrower to get hjelp at night is too much faith to put in Sonic, too much faith for sonic to put in the flamethrower holder, and too idealistic as far as the amount of actual agreement we can get around here. If we think it's hjelp, I would be in favor of playing it straight up and just testing hjelp.
User avatar
HottBunnie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2025 1:58 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by HottBunnie »

Nevermind i take it back as im pretty sure you cant vote to ft and bt at the same time

Unvote traf

But to be clear my vote to lynch will be on Traf if he doesnt provide a reasonable account of his take on the events
User avatar
annieh
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by annieh »

Ugh, did the thing where I thought there weren't new posts because I was on page 5 not seeing there's a page 6.

Traf claiming power problems while he was also taking turns is not good. Very bad for science team comraderie.
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9484
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

BT Votes:
(1) Loose - Charle
(1) Charle - Sonic
(1) Sonic - Loose
(2) Hjelp - Kong, Bunny

With 10 alive, it takes 6 for majority.

Quick note: You do not have to type "FT x" for a lynch.


Edit - FPed updating voting
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
SoN!c
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
Location: Finishing supersonic

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by SoN!c »

annieh wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:33 pm Yay, original traf! Better read up and come back with some reflections.

Looks like we are leaning towards testing a middle of the road solid pick like Kong, dev, traf, homer? It isn't important that it's those exact guys, it's important we narrow it down somehow.

I think Sonic's plan to hold off on a hjelp blood test, counting on a flamethrower to get hjelp at night is too much faith to put in Sonic, too much faith for sonic to put in the flamethrower holder, and too idealistic as far as the amount of actual agreement we can get around here. If we think it's hjelp, I would be in favor of playing it straight up and just testing hjelp.
I get you. But we should FT anyways so with that in mind to have 2 groups in mind is not a bad thing :D .

Strong players that are active: these are BT material.

Lurkers, absentees, peeps with scummy behavior: they go on the FT and get burned overnight.

So first group (BT) is basically anybody who is not in the FT group but were we have just a littlebit more reason to test them.

For me Charle (gut feeling) and Kong (ideal recruit) would be 2 good candidates. But any middle of the road solid pick will do just fine.

Then for me the FT candidates at this moment are Hjelp and Traf.

Traf for being awol with lame "no internet excuse" that cannot be true ("lynch all liars") and the reasons Hotbunnie mentioned in her "FT Traf" post.

Hjelp because scummy behavior and to hard to read when he goes in Hjelp logic mode.

And for strategic reasons i like to have at least 2 FT candidates.

(It will narrow the recruit pool for the Thing) giving us more chance on positive BT the next day.

So if we just BT Hjelp then who 2 to flame up? Lets think ahead just like in the real movie (the chess factor)?
Image
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

I don't mind being tested. Though I'm suspicious about kongming and Traf.
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by Loose Canon »

Hjelp, there is an increasing amout of heat on you.

Actually most of it seems to me to boil down to you working out what this game set up means and what you should do in this game set up.
Your last response is a case in point.
"I dont mind being blood tested" is a defence but not for this game. I DO mind being bloodtested because it is a waste of a precious - the most precious resource, as this is a short game in terms of game turns. I would mind if i was infected, i mind as im currently not. I mind and so should everyone.
Earlier on i retorted to something you said.

I think you are generally a strong reasonably new player struggling more evidently to adapt to this game set up than others. I might have been ok with a bt on you earlier. When kong voted for you i was like ok if it ends up on hjelp thats not the worst thing. Right now im thinking NO - what you are posting isnt fake and evidences a certain naieve innocence more than guilt
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by Loose Canon »

Charle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:49 am If I were the OGT I would have recruited a player that is a bit off the radar for the day 0 recruit, but that is me.

Regarding the BT, you are welcome to test me, I have no objection at all, but the point I am making is that we are wasting energy on a BT, specially on day 1 when we do not have much to work on. We should get the BT done, and then rather have more time to figure out who else. The BT negative, will let us know that one person is not the OGT or the first recruit. The positive should be lynched, not immediately, a bit later in the day to give us a bit more info to work on. So let's get on with the BT, whether it is me, or Loose, or Sonic, or whoever, just get it done so we can move forward. We have a whole day ahead of us to work with that result and maybe get some more info before we lynch someone later.

It will be awful if DDS is giving us a deadline for D1 and we still haven't done the bt yet.
THIS however does make me suspicious when i wasnt before. If nothing else from the previous game all this wasting time, lets get on with it is totally wrong. It is totally what the infected want. It will appeal to the over eager enthusiasm of some players - like bunny.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Loose Canon
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by Loose Canon »

And what the f×ck is googlebot doing browsing this forum.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

- SoN!c

I quoted kongming and also argued for my question and stated the question the last line. I consider that as a real question.
SoN!c wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:02 pm Beacause it sounded very general and not specific to Kong.

Also it did not even sounded as a real question...
hjelp wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:36 am
kongming3 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:34 pm Meaningless deflection post. If I was scum, I would also always target town power roles first. Unvote Charle, Vote Hjelp
I’ve been traveling for a while and only access to my phone - yes- I’ve been busy so I posted less than usual. It might be that what I wrote is meaningless deflection post but the question was stated which to recruit and my answer is honest, I would have tried to recruit the FT players first if I was OGT regardless which player it is. If that is obvious, still nobody stated it. By your style then all obvious posts are meaningless. Then my thoughts are meaningless to post. If they are obvious to others. Is that why you didn’t comment on my question - how can we be sure of it there are two Things already. Since you didn’t comment then it wasn’t meaningless posted. So how do you know that we can be sure of that there are two Things already?
This was a "general" stated question - which I was referring to which I argued for regarding my question to kongming.
hjelp wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:49 am There isn’t much to do D1 than a BT and a lynch. I would like a lynch D1 for the positive BT since how do we know if there are two Things already? This is not the old game.
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

and kongming still hasn't answered, that's why I'm suspicious of kongming. Regarding suspicious on Traf - no commitment except for the last post.
User avatar
kongming3
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:02 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by kongming3 »

It's been less than 24 hours and its the weekend mate.

If you want to know why there are likely two Things from me specifically, which feels strange since I never brought up anything about that but whatever, then yes it does seem like there are two Things because DDS said in the intro post that there is already one crew member infected.

I called you out for your meaningless post because a question was asked of people to discuss who they might supposedly infect D0 if they were the OG thing. You chose to engage with that question and respond, but instead of giving an actual response, you went for a politicians answer that tells us nothing and does nothing. If someone asked you what politician you support in an election, and instead of naming names you waffled about how you support the better candidate, that doesn't actually tell us anything of value. Obviously you want to make the best choice, every one does, so just say what choice you would actually make instead of giving a deflective non-answer. In the same way, saying you would just make the best choice and infect all the town power roles doesn't add anything of value and is entirely meaningless since you'd have no way to know people's roles D0 and it still just comes back to who you would want to infect. There was no point in you saying that, either answer the question or don't, but answering it while avoiding actually saying anything was strange.

I honestly feel like that was pretty self evident and the whole spiel spelling it out wasn't needed, but since you have posted 12 separate times about it in the last 24 hours it apparently was necessary. Hope this helps.
User avatar
hjelp
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Thing! Day 1

Post by hjelp »

It's ok for you to say it was a meaningless post. I then followed that you didn't comment on my question regarding two Things - which means that question wasn't meaningless - therefore I asked you- Thanks for your answer regarding two Things.
Post Reply

Return to “Mafia Games”