Screw You! Mafia End Game: Mafiaville U.S.A.
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
-
strike wolf
- Posts: 8345
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Re: Strike Wolf's Screw You! Mafia sign ups
Day 1
A dark and gloomy day has hit the town of [name redacted]. Like a gritty old film noire, the splatter of cold rain is the prevalent soundtrack and shady figures gather in the square. Ten gather there and stare at each other. The crime in the city has gone up and the local government can no longer turn a blind eye after a street corner was rendered useless by a recent attack. They all eye each other. Mistrust clear even through the shadows. One among them steps forward. It briefly appears that he's going to talk but all that comes out is a strangled gasp and strange horrific gurgling noise. Confusion as the town rush to check it out. One among them steps forward into the sticky puddle and pulls the man onto his back. His throat has been cut.
Ga7-Permanent NPC has been killed.
The nine around look around. They had barely noticed the attacker before the attack and in the confusion, he'd managed to slip in with the crowd. The only clues to his identity, a bloodied trench coat and matching gloves left behind. They stood up angrily shouting each other. One among them preached patience and they briefly listened. Help each other find the culprit was the call and everyone nodded. The muddled consensus was made with each of them walking away with other ambitions mixed in.
Day 1 Start
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
A dark and gloomy day has hit the town of [name redacted]. Like a gritty old film noire, the splatter of cold rain is the prevalent soundtrack and shady figures gather in the square. Ten gather there and stare at each other. The crime in the city has gone up and the local government can no longer turn a blind eye after a street corner was rendered useless by a recent attack. They all eye each other. Mistrust clear even through the shadows. One among them steps forward. It briefly appears that he's going to talk but all that comes out is a strangled gasp and strange horrific gurgling noise. Confusion as the town rush to check it out. One among them steps forward into the sticky puddle and pulls the man onto his back. His throat has been cut.
Ga7-Permanent NPC has been killed.
The nine around look around. They had barely noticed the attacker before the attack and in the confusion, he'd managed to slip in with the crowd. The only clues to his identity, a bloodied trench coat and matching gloves left behind. They stood up angrily shouting each other. One among them preached patience and they briefly listened. Help each other find the culprit was the call and everyone nodded. The muddled consensus was made with each of them walking away with other ambitions mixed in.
Day 1 Start
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Maxleod wrote:Not strike, he's the only one with a functioning brain.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Uhh, this sounds exciting!
Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?
Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?

Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Hello Citizens - I am here to ponder loudly and get in everyones way.

Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Stop being so petty.Skoffin wrote: Hello Citizens - I am here to ponder loudly and get in everyones way.
Maybe you should resign your cc position and just retire.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
And BTW dakky did not complain about his role so therfore ill draw the conclusion that he is not VT.
Just putting this out here.
Just putting this out here.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Being petty is 40% of my personality.
Also, no player should be a VT.
Also, no player should be a VT.

Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
How come that in every game none gets my banter and always think I'm scummy?Skoffin wrote: Being petty is 40% of my personality.
Also, no player should be a VT.
It was a joke about dakky always complaining about VT
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
I have no humour component.

Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Always red text. Is aunt red on visit as well? Maybe take 20% from grumpy and move it to humor?Skoffin wrote: I have no humour component.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
A slit throat and bloody gloves? Hmmmm... has anyone seen O.J. recently?
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Period jokes are ineffective: I've not had one in a year.dgz345 wrote:Always red text. Is aunt red on visit as well? Maybe take 20% from grumpy and move it to humor?Skoffin wrote: I have no humour component.
The grumpy component cannot be altered - I can take from the understand social cues component, however.

Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
- Immortalis XS
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:40 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
It does indeed! Yep, Deg gave me some pointers, I reviewed a prior noob game he was in where they also explained the rules, and I've played werewolf a few timesRagian wrote:Uhh, this sounds exciting!
Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?
- Immortalis XS
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:40 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Red, not orange. And who said anything about juice? </troll>degaston wrote:A slit throat and bloody gloves? Hmmmm... has anyone seen O.J. recently?
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
I think that Ragian was asking if the mod could give us any info about the game setup. (# of mafia or other groups, etc.) Is that correct, Rag?Immortalis XS wrote:It does indeed! Yep, Deg gave me some pointers, I reviewed a prior noob game he was in where they also explained the rules, and I've played werewolf a few timesRagian wrote:Uhh, this sounds exciting!
Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?
Full disclosure: I used to pick my feet in Poughkeepsie.
/Obscure?
-
strike wolf
- Posts: 8345
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Just realized I never posted this:
Rules:
1.The moderator is always right. Do not try and argue with them. However we are all human and we all make mistakes. The moderator will try and fix any mistake he or she may have made.
2. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.
3. Do not quote any PM's you receive from the moderator or another player. You may say your name, role, associated abilities. This is a serious offence and could earn you a mod-kill, and/or a blacklist from future games.
4. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you can.
5. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be in bold and in a clearly visible color (please no yellows). If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Mandy). You must first unvote and then vote to change your vote from someone. Mods may change this according to their wishes.
6. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the player's alive +1.
7. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.
8. Lengths of days will be one week. If game is dragging I may shorten the day. You can also ask for extensions but that will be up to my judgement.
9. Lengths of nights will be 72 hours. Try and send the actions earlier if possible, and save everyone time.
10. Once your death scene has been posted, it's over for you. You can no longer post anything related to the game. Whining is alright, **Voices from beyond the grave** are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed. This means you can post something like "Damn you mafia!" or "Oh well. Go town!" but you cannot post and add to the discussion. This is a serious offence.
11. Be attentive and active in the game. You will be replaced if you don't post. If something prevents you from participating for a long period of time, announce it here or via PM. Help everyone's enjoyment of the game by being active and sending your actions promptly. Inactives will be replaced or modkilled
12. You cannot talk at night. You can do joke votes like "zzzzzz" if you want but don't let it get out of hand. I'm fairly lenient as long as no game information is discussed.
13. If you have any questions or doubts, send a private message to the moderator and ask for help. It would be much worse to remain unsure about your role, mafia rules, whatever than to ask the moderator and then understand
14. Have fun.
Special note: While this game is meant to be a bit odd ball and unbalanced, I did make special effort not to create any role or roles that would make it unwinnable for either side.
Rules:
1.The moderator is always right. Do not try and argue with them. However we are all human and we all make mistakes. The moderator will try and fix any mistake he or she may have made.
2. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.
3. Do not quote any PM's you receive from the moderator or another player. You may say your name, role, associated abilities. This is a serious offence and could earn you a mod-kill, and/or a blacklist from future games.
4. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you can.
5. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be in bold and in a clearly visible color (please no yellows). If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Mandy). You must first unvote and then vote to change your vote from someone. Mods may change this according to their wishes.
6. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the player's alive +1.
7. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.
8. Lengths of days will be one week. If game is dragging I may shorten the day. You can also ask for extensions but that will be up to my judgement.
9. Lengths of nights will be 72 hours. Try and send the actions earlier if possible, and save everyone time.
10. Once your death scene has been posted, it's over for you. You can no longer post anything related to the game. Whining is alright, **Voices from beyond the grave** are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed. This means you can post something like "Damn you mafia!" or "Oh well. Go town!" but you cannot post and add to the discussion. This is a serious offence.
11. Be attentive and active in the game. You will be replaced if you don't post. If something prevents you from participating for a long period of time, announce it here or via PM. Help everyone's enjoyment of the game by being active and sending your actions promptly. Inactives will be replaced or modkilled
12. You cannot talk at night. You can do joke votes like "zzzzzz" if you want but don't let it get out of hand. I'm fairly lenient as long as no game information is discussed.
13. If you have any questions or doubts, send a private message to the moderator and ask for help. It would be much worse to remain unsure about your role, mafia rules, whatever than to ask the moderator and then understand
14. Have fun.
Special note: While this game is meant to be a bit odd ball and unbalanced, I did make special effort not to create any role or roles that would make it unwinnable for either side.
Maxleod wrote:Not strike, he's the only one with a functioning brain.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
My mistake. I was thinking that Immo was for "In My Modest Opinion". I'm used to using IXS. Anyway... carry on.degaston wrote:I think that Ragian was asking if the mod could give us any info about the game setup. (# of mafia or other groups, etc.) Is that correct, Rag?Immortalis XS wrote:It does indeed! Yep, Deg gave me some pointers, I reviewed a prior noob game he was in where they also explained the rules, and I've played werewolf a few timesRagian wrote:Uhh, this sounds exciting!
Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?
Full disclosure: I used to pick my feet in Poughkeepsie.
/Obscure?
-
LSU Tiger Josh
- Posts: 4028
- Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Louisiana
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
vote skoffin for not giving me the welcome I deserve or expected 
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
I would guess 6 townies. With either 3 mafia or 2 mafia 1 3rdpartydegaston wrote:I think that Ragian was asking if the mod could give us any info about the game setup. (# of mafia or other groups, etc.) Is that correct, Rag?Immortalis XS wrote:It does indeed! Yep, Deg gave me some pointers, I reviewed a prior noob game he was in where they also explained the rules, and I've played werewolf a few timesRagian wrote:Uhh, this sounds exciting!
Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?
Full disclosure: I used to pick my feet in Poughkeepsie.
/Obscure?
7 townies feels like to much and 5 to little. But what do I know. only strike knows the settings.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
I haven't seen a D1 opening text like that before. (only my 5th game, so that's not saying much)dgz345 wrote:I would guess 6 townies. With either 3 mafia or 2 mafia 1 3rdparty
7 townies feels like to much and 5 to little. But what do I know. only strike knows the settings.
That Night 0 kill used a knife, not a gun, so it sounds like we have something like a serial killer?
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
I don't know if it is flavor or super important, but what does it matter how was anyone killed, especially if it was NPC. Kill is a kill and I don't think anyone had a chance to select which NPC they will kill N0 lol. We really shouldn't discuss that over next three pages. You're steering the conversation in the wrong direction.degaston wrote:I haven't seen a D1 opening text like that before. (only my 5th game, so that's not saying much)dgz345 wrote:I would guess 6 townies. With either 3 mafia or 2 mafia 1 3rdparty
7 townies feels like to much and 5 to little. But what do I know. only strike knows the settings.
That Night 0 kill used a knife, not a gun, so it sounds like we have something like a serial killer?
Anyway, with 9 players I believe it is some weird setup anyway, there are probably no VT's and each role has a drawback. Could be ton of 3rd party or overpowered 1 scum vs 8 townies. Anything possible so we really shouldn't discuss possibilities as well.
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
So to summarize your post:dakky21 wrote:I don't know if it is flavor or super important, but what does it matter how was anyone killed, especially if it was NPC. Kill is a kill and I don't think anyone had a chance to select which NPC they will kill N0 lol. We really shouldn't discuss that over next three pages. You're steering the conversation in the wrong direction.degaston wrote:I haven't seen a D1 opening text like that before. (only my 5th game, so that's not saying much)dgz345 wrote:I would guess 6 townies. With either 3 mafia or 2 mafia 1 3rdparty
7 townies feels like to much and 5 to little. But what do I know. only strike knows the settings.
That Night 0 kill used a knife, not a gun, so it sounds like we have something like a serial killer?
Anyway, with 9 players I believe it is some weird setup anyway, there are probably no VT's and each role has a drawback. Could be ton of 3rd party or overpowered 1 scum vs 8 townies. Anything possible so we really shouldn't discuss possibilities as well.
- We shouldn't bother speculating about the setup
- You speculate about the setup
- We shouldn't bother speculating about the setup
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Commenting while reading.
@dgz & skoffin, quit bickering and let's play the game. If it helps, neither of you is funny
Dega caught that, too.
You should be fine, thenImmortalis XS wrote:It does indeed! Yep, Deg gave me some pointers, I reviewed a prior noob game he was in where they also explained the rules, and I've played werewolf a few timesRagian wrote:Uhh, this sounds exciting!
Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?
@dgz & skoffin, quit bickering and let's play the game. If it helps, neither of you is funny
Stabbing is usually (in my experience anyway) a serial killer trait. However, guessing at this moment prolly won't get us far. Unless anyone has actually seen The French Connection?degaston wrote:A slit throat and bloody gloves? Hmmmm... has anyone seen O.J. recently?
Noted. Any preference Immortalis XS? And does your name mean a very small person that's immortal? *rimshot*degaston wrote:My mistake. I was thinking that Immo was for "In My Modest Opinion". I'm used to using IXS. Anyway... carry on.
I agree that we shouldn't discuss setup the next three pages, but why do you say that and then discuss the setup? IGMEOYdakky21 wrote:We really shouldn't discuss that over next three pages. You're steering the conversation in the wrong direction.
Anyway, with 9 players I believe it is some weird setup anyway, there are probably no VT's and each role has a drawback. Could be ton of 3rd party or overpowered 1 scum vs 8 townies. Anything possible so we really shouldn't discuss possibilities as well.
Dega caught that, too.

Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Skoffin and dgz345 not funny and then adds a (
)
Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection
Ragian wrote:Noted. Any preference Immortalis XS? And does your name mean a very small person that's immortal? *rimshot*degaston wrote:My mistake. I was thinking that Immo was for "In My Modest Opinion". I'm used to using IXS. Anyway... carry on.