NEWBIE MAFIA I-GAME- TOWN WIN!
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- happy2seeyou
- Posts: 4027
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:59 pm
- Gender: Female
- Location: A state that is in the shape of a mitten!
- Contact:
- happy2seeyou
- Posts: 4027
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:59 pm
- Gender: Female
- Location: A state that is in the shape of a mitten!
- Contact:
- kalishnikov
- Posts: 2291
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:41 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Domari Nolo
What kind of help do you need happy? Same to you freezie?
I don't have a lot of experince, but it's not my first game either. Ask whatever questions you like and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities.
Most of this game is about making accusations and watching how the person handles it, combined with their posting patern and the counter-accusations they give, you usually can make a reasonable guess at most people's motives. Do they have the welfare of the same faction your with (i.e., town, mafia, unalighned) as their best interest is basically what your trying to figure out. If your plain townie, make bold accusations, vote a lot, ruffle feathers. Who cares if you make enemies, as long as 1 mafia is lynched for every 2 townies or so, the town wins. Sometimes casualties must be taken.
Mafia is easiest played by laying low and staying out of the limelight, post but don't post anything to draw attention to yourself, but don't submarine either though. Try to inconspicuously jump on bandwagons for townies when their being voted, stuff like that. You always have to look innocent though. If your independent, usually it's best to play off as a townie, you have the best hopes of completing whatever your mission is (enabling you to win). People with probably disagree with me, but this is my opinion on a very basic way to approach this game; I'm just trying to help.
Sebia, you make a good point though. One of these ladies (at least) is dirty and I like your logic. Lets start with happy and see what happens.
Vote: happy2seeyou
And I know it sucks, offering help in the beginning of the post, then voting at the end; sorry, but the town needs a lynch and it's almost night. The only power the town (basically) has is to kill one person everyday. Each day that passess when the town doesn't lynch means the town losses at least one, but could be as high as 3 members that night (mafia killings, Serial Killer, whatever) and the mafia loss none.
I don't have a lot of experince, but it's not my first game either. Ask whatever questions you like and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities.
Most of this game is about making accusations and watching how the person handles it, combined with their posting patern and the counter-accusations they give, you usually can make a reasonable guess at most people's motives. Do they have the welfare of the same faction your with (i.e., town, mafia, unalighned) as their best interest is basically what your trying to figure out. If your plain townie, make bold accusations, vote a lot, ruffle feathers. Who cares if you make enemies, as long as 1 mafia is lynched for every 2 townies or so, the town wins. Sometimes casualties must be taken.
Mafia is easiest played by laying low and staying out of the limelight, post but don't post anything to draw attention to yourself, but don't submarine either though. Try to inconspicuously jump on bandwagons for townies when their being voted, stuff like that. You always have to look innocent though. If your independent, usually it's best to play off as a townie, you have the best hopes of completing whatever your mission is (enabling you to win). People with probably disagree with me, but this is my opinion on a very basic way to approach this game; I'm just trying to help.
Sebia, you make a good point though. One of these ladies (at least) is dirty and I like your logic. Lets start with happy and see what happens.
Vote: happy2seeyou
And I know it sucks, offering help in the beginning of the post, then voting at the end; sorry, but the town needs a lynch and it's almost night. The only power the town (basically) has is to kill one person everyday. Each day that passess when the town doesn't lynch means the town losses at least one, but could be as high as 3 members that night (mafia killings, Serial Killer, whatever) and the mafia loss none.
- happy2seeyou
- Posts: 4027
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:59 pm
- Gender: Female
- Location: A state that is in the shape of a mitten!
- Contact:
This is my final plea people! You will be VERY upset when you see that you are killing a townie. Someone needs to save me, please. If I get killed, the mafia can take over. And from what I understand (after reading stuff on mafia websites) that the mafia know who each other are? Please correct me if I am wrong. Do I need to vote for a female to prove that I am not mafia? Goodness.
- kalishnikov
- Posts: 2291
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:41 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Domari Nolo
- spinwizard
- Posts: 5016
- Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:52 am
- clapper011
- Posts: 7208
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- clapper011
- Posts: 7208
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Ontario, Canada
snore
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Serbia wrote:snore
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
- clapper011
- Posts: 7208
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Ontario, Canada
it's basically replacing a bump, just to keep this near the top of the first pageCynthia wrote:you snoreSerbia wrote:Serbia wrote:snore![]()
*puts pillow over my head to cover ears*
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Cynthia wrote:snore
2nd page
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
- clapper011
- Posts: 7208
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- spinwizard
- Posts: 5016
- Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:52 am
Wow, we all live! Imagine that....
Well, let me start this right out...
VOTE: Clapper
Folks, she's obviously scum. I am not, and she knows that, of course, being mafia, so she voted for me originally. Now of course, that's not suspicious in itself. But it's what happened next. I gave my reasoning for voting for Happy. She talked to me about it, but didn't need a lot of convincing. Why? Because she saw an opportunity there. Let me explain. I was fairly convincing in my arguement about Happy. (thankfully we didn't get enough votes to lynch her, as I am sure she's ok now) Clapper knew this, and wanted to lynch a townie, so she did a bandwagon jump from me to Happy. Why? Because she knew either one of us would be a safe pick for her, as a mafia member. A little too quick, a little too eager. Once there were some votes on Happy, and with a deadline, she knew it would snowball at Happy. Clapper can try to fight this, but I'm as sure as I can be, SHE'S MAFIA!
Town, I done found us a scum! Again, VOTE: Clapper
Well, let me start this right out...
VOTE: Clapper
Folks, she's obviously scum. I am not, and she knows that, of course, being mafia, so she voted for me originally. Now of course, that's not suspicious in itself. But it's what happened next. I gave my reasoning for voting for Happy. She talked to me about it, but didn't need a lot of convincing. Why? Because she saw an opportunity there. Let me explain. I was fairly convincing in my arguement about Happy. (thankfully we didn't get enough votes to lynch her, as I am sure she's ok now) Clapper knew this, and wanted to lynch a townie, so she did a bandwagon jump from me to Happy. Why? Because she knew either one of us would be a safe pick for her, as a mafia member. A little too quick, a little too eager. Once there were some votes on Happy, and with a deadline, she knew it would snowball at Happy. Clapper can try to fight this, but I'm as sure as I can be, SHE'S MAFIA!
Town, I done found us a scum! Again, VOTE: Clapper
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
- clapper011
- Posts: 7208
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
- Gender: Female
- Location: Ontario, Canada



