The reason I think it is not practical is that it would require loading each new chat entry in a game and deciding whether or not to report it. This would make the script much slower than simply testing whether or not the number of chat entries has increased.ViperOverLord wrote:I'm not a programmer. But I figured there's possibly away to omit anything that starts with http and then that would get rid of snaps and perhaps the odd random link.ender516 wrote:I think chatglove works based on the number of posts in the game chat, without examining the details. I don't see a practical way to weed out snaps.
GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.6.16
Moderator: Tech Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Hmm, I'm not sure, but I think chatglove loads the whole pages anyway at the moment, so it can know the contents of the chat (though it does need some specific logic for that).
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
I'm not sure that I'm in favor of that. Sometimes I want to look after a teammate has snapped to berate them for the crappy dice they got...or something of the nature.
Something that would be helpful is if it would not count your own chat. I've had times where, for whatever reason, my chat has reset and a pages show up that I have already read. If I could weed out games where the last post was my own, that would be great.
Something that would be helpful is if it would not count your own chat. I've had times where, for whatever reason, my chat has reset and a pages show up that I have already read. If I could weed out games where the last post was my own, that would be great.
- ViperOverLord
- Posts: 2497
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm
- Location: California
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
bob preserves everything and is not generally as time sensitive as actual chat. Plus the chat glove allows for pms of anything urgent as it is. Seeing snaps is not as high of priority and you can check the bottom of the active games at any time if you're wanting to browse game progressions.chapcrap wrote:I'm not sure that I'm in favor of that. Sometimes I want to look after a teammate has snapped to berate them for the crappy dice they got...or something of the nature.
Something that would be helpful is if it would not count your own chat. I've had times where, for whatever reason, my chat has reset and a pages show up that I have already read. If I could weed out games where the last post was my own, that would be great.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Was there ever any updates on this? As far as I can tell, chatglove appears to be nearly random in which games it marks as having new chat. It has never failed to report when there actually is new chat, but pretty much every time I visit the site, it will indicate that about half my games have new chat. The majority of the time there is nothing new. If I step through each of the games, sometimes it will suddenly incorrectly mark games I'd just visited as again having new chat. Can you tell me where the number of chat lines are stored? Maybe I can manually check that file periodically to see if something is getting changed and try to track down what's going on.agentcom wrote:I think I've ruled out my main suspect. I couldn't get over the thought that my computer was just moving so slowly that I was moving off the page before CG had time to update. But recently, I've been paying attention to how many chats pop up right when I sign in to CC. I'll have zeroed them out the day before (or whenever the last log-in was) and I'm still getting a bunch popping up right when I log in. I doubt this really helps narrow the issue down.
Now my main suspect is really long games or games with lots of chat. But I'm afraid that most of my games fall into that description, so I'm not even sure that that's it.

- iamkoolerthanu
- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:56 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: looking at my highest score: 2715, #170
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Maybe for you it's different, but for me that only happens when I make a new post in game chat when I have another game open in another tab. A minor annoyance at most, would be awesome if it was fixed though.chapcrap wrote:Something that would be helpful is if it would not count your own chat. I've had times where, for whatever reason, my chat has reset and a pages show up that I have already read. If I could weed out games where the last post was my own, that would be great.
Otherwise, I have nothing but great things to say about this addon, I use it constantly!!
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
I'm not having any issues with chatglove. It is the one script I wish would be implemented into the site the most though, so I could move from computer to computer without worrying about it.
- iamkoolerthanu
- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:56 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: looking at my highest score: 2715, #170
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
+1chapcrap wrote:It is the one script I wish would be implemented into the site the most though, so I could move from computer to computer without worrying about it.
It is literally the only reason I play CC strictly from my laptop. I never access the site, ever, from anywhere else, except if I know I am getting an important PM or need to respond in the forums.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
anyone having trouble with chat notifier not working? Started last night. Also happening to a few other people I play with. Have tried disabling and re=enabling.... Is there a conflict by any chance because of cc maintenace last week?
-
catnipdreams
- Posts: 480
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:41 pm
- Gender: Female
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
It's not working for me, and it is not working for some other players that I know. I can still detach chat, but I am not getting notifications of new chat.Cyndo wrote:anyone having trouble with chat notifier not working? Started last night. Also happening to a few other people I play with.
- macbone
- Posts: 6217
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Running from a cliff racer
- Contact:
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Yep, no new notifications of chat. There was apparently a site update (though I don't see any notification of it), so Chatglove must be another victim of the latest update along with Private Team Message and the Quick Reply button in the forums.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
At the time of this post, the API seems to be enabled again, so I hope your problems with scripts have resolved themselves. The Quick Reply button is a feature of the phpBB forum software and therefore is a separate issue. I believe it was a form of add-on previously and may have been lost through the update process which has brought us the Quick Edit button.ender516, on Fri May 24, in another topic or two, wrote:The word from the admins is that the Conquer Club API used by many scripts has been disabled temporarily as it apparently was implicated in the problems that the site experienced this morning.
- macbone
- Posts: 6217
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Running from a cliff racer
- Contact:
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Nope, the game chat notifier still isn't working.
The Quick Reply button disappeared the same time that Private Team Message and the game chat notifier stopped working. It's been part of the forums forever, and I'm surprised that it was an add-on. I thought it was a site feature, and it was very useful to reply to our SoC students' training posts.
The Quick Reply button disappeared the same time that Private Team Message and the game chat notifier stopped working. It's been part of the forums forever, and I'm surprised that it was an add-on. I thought it was a site feature, and it was very useful to reply to our SoC students' training posts.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Funny, I thought I noticed the Quick Reply gone before the complaints about the scripts started coming in. I like Quick Reply, but as I knew forum updates were ongoing, I didn't raise a stink, thinking it would quickly be noticed and repaired. Anyway, the code supporting the forums and things like Quick Reply are, AFAIK, quite separate from anything to do with the API which would affect the scripts.
- ViperOverLord
- Posts: 2497
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm
- Location: California
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
My chat game notifier stopped working a few days ago.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
same here, chat notifier not working. 
- Robert The Red
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 pm
- Location: Stateless
chat sniffer
chat sniffer not working, i hav removed and reinstalled chatglove but still no luck with getting it to go. now i dont have it i realise how good it is. Anyone techie out there that can help i will be eternally grateful.
Robert the red
Robert the red
“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”
- Robert The Red
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 pm
- Location: Stateless
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
chat sniffer still not working. though i have spoken to people who have said theres started work again a few days ago. i have deleted it and reinstalled it to no avail.
I am using version 1.6.8 is this the correct version or is it more likey an older version will work. chat glove says i have the latest version installed.
I will be grateful for any help.
Robert The Red
I am using version 1.6.8 is this the correct version or is it more likey an older version will work. chat glove says i have the latest version installed.
I will be grateful for any help.
Robert The Red
“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”
- Robert The Red
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 pm
- Location: Stateless
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
finally solved the problem with chat sniffer.
check the version no. on the side menu next to the Chatglove title it should read 1.6.16 mine had some other version number even though i had deleted and reinstalled, plus it also said at the bottom of the menu "Lastest Version installed", that was a lie.
So my advice is go to grease monkey in the top right hand corner of your firefox browser, from the drop down menu click manage scripts. delete chatglove. now log out properly from conquer club (dont just hit the X on the browser), now close fire fox.
you may want to reboot your computer as well, but that is not somthing i did.
reboot firefox and log in to conquer club, now you are ready to reload chatglove making sure it is version 1.6.16. happy days.
the logging out i feel is important, as i had tried all sorts of other install combos which did not work and only resulted in loss of hair.
Good Luck
Robert the red
check the version no. on the side menu next to the Chatglove title it should read 1.6.16 mine had some other version number even though i had deleted and reinstalled, plus it also said at the bottom of the menu "Lastest Version installed", that was a lie.
So my advice is go to grease monkey in the top right hand corner of your firefox browser, from the drop down menu click manage scripts. delete chatglove. now log out properly from conquer club (dont just hit the X on the browser), now close fire fox.
you may want to reboot your computer as well, but that is not somthing i did.
reboot firefox and log in to conquer club, now you are ready to reload chatglove making sure it is version 1.6.16. happy days.
the logging out i feel is important, as i had tried all sorts of other install combos which did not work and only resulted in loss of hair.
Good Luck
Robert the red
“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”
- iAmCaffeine
- Posts: 11699
- Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Before the API outage I had no problem. Since then I have re-installed, checked latest version and done all of that but still, if I have Chatglove installed it breaks Clickable Maps. Using Chrome and Tampermonkey.

- sempaispellcheck
- Posts: 2852
- Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:31 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Chatglove keeps telling me there is new chat in games where there is no new chat.
How do I stop it from doing that?
sempai
How do I stop it from doing that?
sempai
- Robert The Red
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 pm
- Location: Stateless
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
I am now having that same problem and not sure if it is fixable or whether there needs to be another upgrade to chatglove.sempaispellcheck wrote:Chatglove keeps telling me there is new chat in games where there is no new chat.
How do I stop it from doing that?
sempai
“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
This is a great idea. Unfortunately, it is useless to me until it can disregard BOB snapshots in chat.
Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.
Same problem here, I guess I will just stop using this script.sempaispellcheck wrote:Chatglove keeps telling me there is new chat in games where there is no new chat.
How do I stop it from doing that?
sempai

