U.S. Media
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
U.S. Media
I hate the US Media, even more in the last few days. I, like many others, have been following the tragedy that occurred in VT, it is almost impossible not to with all the coverage on every single news channel going through every single little detail, where the killer is from, what's his family background, who he killed...and so on.
Then I check the news this morning and see that 127 Iraqis got killed in a bombing. Oh I think there was a 2 minute segment on it on the news or maybe I saw it scrolling at the bottom of the screen while they were analyzing the shooter for the 100th time.
So why are the civilian lives taken in Iraq so less important than the lives taken in VT? How come I haven't seen any topics saying, we mourn for all the Iraqis killed in the bombings?
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/ ... index.html
Then I check the news this morning and see that 127 Iraqis got killed in a bombing. Oh I think there was a 2 minute segment on it on the news or maybe I saw it scrolling at the bottom of the screen while they were analyzing the shooter for the 100th time.
So why are the civilian lives taken in Iraq so less important than the lives taken in VT? How come I haven't seen any topics saying, we mourn for all the Iraqis killed in the bombings?
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/ ... index.html
Last edited by salr15 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
i still suck cock for a living
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
Hyasri wrote:Dont panic, I am here and active
Just taking my time to get familiar with everything rather than just rushing in and making some rash decisions.
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
Because they weren't Americans...
The only time there are ever significant news stories is when they involve Americans...
Look at the Tsunami that happened off the coast of India a few years ago... That was a big deal because people from America, and many other countries, were there when it happened...
I hate to say it, but I believe that if you went to any other country, you would only here two minute segments about any other country... The news is for THAT country.
The only time there are ever significant news stories is when they involve Americans...
Look at the Tsunami that happened off the coast of India a few years ago... That was a big deal because people from America, and many other countries, were there when it happened...
I hate to say it, but I believe that if you went to any other country, you would only here two minute segments about any other country... The news is for THAT country.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
yea that would be the only explanation for it.Anarkistsdream wrote:Because they weren't Americans...
The only time there are ever significant news stories is when they involve Americans...
Look at the Tsunami that happened off the coast of India a few years ago... That was a big deal because people from America, and many other countries, were there when it happened...
I hate to say it, but I believe that if you went to any other country, you would only here two minute segments about any other country... The news is for THAT country.
- DirtyDishSoap
- Posts: 9482
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
- Gender: Male
That just about sums itAnarkistsdream wrote:Because they weren't Americans...
The only time there are ever significant news stories is when they involve Americans...
Look at the Tsunami that happened off the coast of India a few years ago... That was a big deal because people from America, and many other countries, were there when it happened...
I hate to say it, but I believe that if you went to any other country, you would only here two minute segments about any other country... The news is for THAT country.
Dukasaur wrote:Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Except the terrorist bombings in London last year. I think it is more about what they want people to hear and what they want people to believe is important.Anarkistsdream wrote:Because they weren't Americans...
The only time there are ever significant news stories is when they involve Americans...
Look at the Tsunami that happened off the coast of India a few years ago... That was a big deal because people from America, and many other countries, were there when it happened...
I hate to say it, but I believe that if you went to any other country, you would only here two minute segments about any other country... The news is for THAT country.
Last edited by salr15 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
i still suck cock for a living
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
Hyasri wrote:Dont panic, I am here and active
Just taking my time to get familiar with everything rather than just rushing in and making some rash decisions.
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
salr15 wrote:Except the tourist bombings in London last year. I think it is more about what they want people to hear and what they want people to believe is important.Anarkistsdream wrote:Because they weren't Americans...
The only time there are ever significant news stories is when they involve Americans...
Look at the Tsunami that happened off the coast of India a few years ago... That was a big deal because people from America, and many other countries, were there when it happened...
I hate to say it, but I believe that if you went to any other country, you would only here two minute segments about any other country... The news is for THAT country.
Well, we have very close ties to the U.K.
You hardly heard jack shit when it was in Spain...
Obviously, we hear a lot about Israel and England because of our affinity with them and the amount of contact we have with them... When terrible earthquakes and the like happen in countries we are not so closely tied to, you don't hear shit.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
thats true the news only puts on what they think ppl want to hear, all they want is viewers.Anarkistsdream wrote:salr15 wrote:Except the tourist bombings in London last year. I think it is more about what they want people to hear and what they want people to believe is important.Anarkistsdream wrote:Because they weren't Americans...
The only time there are ever significant news stories is when they involve Americans...
Look at the Tsunami that happened off the coast of India a few years ago... That was a big deal because people from America, and many other countries, were there when it happened...
I hate to say it, but I believe that if you went to any other country, you would only here two minute segments about any other country... The news is for THAT country.
Well, we have very close ties to the U.K.
You hardly heard jack shit when it was in Spain...
Obviously, we hear a lot about Israel and England because of our affinity with them and the amount of contact we have with them... When terrible earthquakes and the like happen in countries we are not so closely tied to, you don't hear shit.
- Guilty_Biscuit
- Posts: 825
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:33 am
- Location: N53:32 W02:39 Top Biscuits: Bourbon, HobNob, Tunnocks Wafer, Ginger Nut Evil_Biscuit: Malted Milk
- Contact:
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
Even with this VT tragedy, its amazing how soulless some of these reporters are. I remember yesterday when I was watching coverage on one of the stations, they started talking to this kid that went to visit his friend who had been shot in one of the classrooms. The reporter asks him "So you went to visit your friend in the hospital, did he say anything about the shooter?"
I thought to myself, how do you ask someone something like that? I mean if your friend went through tragedy like that, is the first thing your going to ask him...hey what did the shooter look like? That is exactly what the kid responded, he said I would never say something like that to my friend.
Such a dirty, dirty business. I'll stick to NPR and I actually like BBC news as well, they seem a little less biase than the American stations.
I thought to myself, how do you ask someone something like that? I mean if your friend went through tragedy like that, is the first thing your going to ask him...hey what did the shooter look like? That is exactly what the kid responded, he said I would never say something like that to my friend.
Such a dirty, dirty business. I'll stick to NPR and I actually like BBC news as well, they seem a little less biase than the American stations.
Last edited by salr15 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
i still suck cock for a living
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
Hyasri wrote:Dont panic, I am here and active
Just taking my time to get familiar with everything rather than just rushing in and making some rash decisions.
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
- Guilty_Biscuit
- Posts: 825
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:33 am
- Location: N53:32 W02:39 Top Biscuits: Bourbon, HobNob, Tunnocks Wafer, Ginger Nut Evil_Biscuit: Malted Milk
- Contact:
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
I try not to be... I write mostly entertainment articles and opinion columns... That way, people don't have to understand my open rage at my government, my school, and the people in this state!Guilty_Biscuit wrote:So you're a fully paid up member of the 4th Estate. Don't be evilAnarkistsdream wrote:
I am in the Editorial field, so don't hate on me too much.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
I write for the O'Collegian at Oklahoma State, and get published in the Oklahoman and the tulsa World sometimes too.dwightschrute wrote:so wat paper
Still finishing up my second degree right now... So, I'm waiting until that's done before I go get a reporter job as opposed to just a 'contributing writer'
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
thats cool, i may want to be a journalistAnarkistsdream wrote:I write for the O'Collegian at Oklahoma State, and get published in the Oklahoman and the tulsa World sometimes too.dwightschrute wrote:so wat paper
Still finishing up my second degree right now... So, I'm waiting until that's done before I go get a reporter job as opposed to just a 'contributing writer'
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
Stick with Entertainment, that way you might actually have a soul when you retire. Only problem is that you will have to keep up with who Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt is banging this week.Anarkistsdream wrote:I write for the O'Collegian at Oklahoma State, and get published in the Oklahoman and the tulsa World sometimes too.dwightschrute wrote:so wat paper
Still finishing up my second degree right now... So, I'm waiting until that's done before I go get a reporter job as opposed to just a 'contributing writer'
i still suck cock for a living
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
by jalen45
on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
Hyasri wrote:Dont panic, I am here and active
Just taking my time to get familiar with everything rather than just rushing in and making some rash decisions.
-
dwightschrute
- Posts: 4971
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:44 pm
- Location: Monk's Coffee Shop
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
salr15 wrote:Stick with Entertainment, that way you might actually have a soul when you retire. Only problem is that you will have to keep up with who Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt is banging this week.Anarkistsdream wrote:I write for the O'Collegian at Oklahoma State, and get published in the Oklahoman and the tulsa World sometimes too.dwightschrute wrote:so wat paper
Still finishing up my second degree right now... So, I'm waiting until that's done before I go get a reporter job as opposed to just a 'contributing writer'
HAHAHAH!
I do music, mostly... Live show reviews... It helps that I'm in a band, and that most everyone that is a friend of mine are in bands, too. So I know all of the folks in that industry...
f*ck doing movie reviews or gossip bullshit...
Though I WOULD work for a tabloid!! That would be fun...
SIX FINGERED MAN IS MESSIAH
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
The American media is a joke to be completely honest. It's owned by large corporations, so how can it be anything but biased? They broadcast what they believe people will want, because more people are going to buy newspapers when the cover is on the tragedy at VT than if it was the tragedy of the bombings in Iraq.
The bottom line is, well, the bottom line. They want to sell, and the best way to do that is to pander to companies and show stuff that isn't even real news or is just incredibly biased. Fox News is a embarrassing and the other stations aren't a whole heck of a lot better.
I try to get my news elsewhere, because American Media isn't really news at all.
The bottom line is, well, the bottom line. They want to sell, and the best way to do that is to pander to companies and show stuff that isn't even real news or is just incredibly biased. Fox News is a embarrassing and the other stations aren't a whole heck of a lot better.
I try to get my news elsewhere, because American Media isn't really news at all.
