[Official] Middle East REVAMP [Quenched]
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
The font size change is barely noticeable.. It appears to me that you could make it slightly bigger without any difficulty. Of course, if there is difficulty, the current size should be suitable, it'd just probably benefit from being larger.
The archer looks fine on the big version.. I think the problem lies in the small version, where its a bit blurry. If you could clear it up, I think it should be fine.
The archer looks fine on the big version.. I think the problem lies in the small version, where its a bit blurry. If you could clear it up, I think it should be fine.

April 13
- Slight increase in font size for small map again
- Moved some territory names slightly to allow for new font size
- Small XML adjustment
- Attempted to make cartographer names clearer
- Sharpened up archer
Comments
I'm hoping that font size is good enough, there's not really the room to go any bigger.
good font size
could you move the "iran" continent label a little so the I isnt hidden by the khuzestan/central plateau divide?
i liked the archer better solid to match the map name
could you move the "iran" continent label a little so the I isnt hidden by the khuzestan/central plateau divide?
i liked the archer better solid to match the map name
Do you need an excuse to have a war? I mean, who for? Can't you just say "You got lots of cash and land, but I've got a big sword, so divy up right now, chop chop."
Terry Pratchet
Terry Pratchet
- Guiscard
- Posts: 4103
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:27 pm
- Location: In the bar... With my head on the bar
That is actually something I was thinking about... It only really affects the image, to be honest, but it is based on modern territorial boundaries and so, perhaps, an assyrian soldier is not too appropriate.hulmey wrote:also can i ask what era this map is set in???
Can't think what would be though
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
hulmey wrote:also can i ask what era this map is set in???
That's what I've tried to capture. I was basing my initial design off maps from around the 1800's, but it kind of evolved from there. So I guess it doesn't have any specific era that it's set in, but I would like to think maybe somewhere around the start of the previous millennia.AndyDufresne wrote:
- Try to make it feel like an old world/antique parchment...as that was what he said he originally wanted to try to do
- Ruben Cassar
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:04 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Civitas Invicta, Melita, Evropa
A couple of IAI Kfir's fighting some Egyptian MiG-23s would be ideal. The setting of the Yom Kippur War of 1973 if I am not mistaken.Guiscard wrote:That is actually something I was thinking about... It only really affects the image, to be honest, but it is based on modern territorial boundaries and so, perhaps, an assyrian soldier is not too appropriate.hulmey wrote:also can i ask what era this map is set in???
Can't think what would be though
However Keyogi went for an ancient style map with modern borders since he could not change those as this is a revamp so it's a bit of a dilemma.
- Ruben Cassar
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:04 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Civitas Invicta, Melita, Evropa
Actually I think that since you went for the ancient style it's fine with the Bactrian archer as it is. Since it's a revamp we cannot change the original catographer's borders. Maybe we can add some units on elephants to spice things up?KEYOGI wrote:LOL, maybe I can put a mech or something in to really mix it up.Ruben Cassar wrote:However Keyogi went for an ancient style map with modern borders since he could not change those as this is a revamp so it's a bit of a dilemma.
- DiM
- Posts: 10415
- Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: making maps for scooby snacks
if i told you that i'd have to kill youmibi wrote:woah! what the hell is he doing to that snake!DiM wrote:here is the image i used
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
- Spiegelprime
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:59 pm







