He never had time. That's what happens when you never post...Aimless wrote:No one. But Greece never claimed.Primate wrote:Yeah, I just spent 5 mins digging through the thread to find them.
Who counterclaimed Greece?
Non-VANILLA Game 3 *Game Over* 14 Winners
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
I personally reckon that speedlynching is most inherently stupid thing in mafia. Because people were so impatient, we lost our cop day 1.
I don't see how it's remotely his fault. It's everyone elses for not waiting that 12 hours or whatever. Lynching people without getting claims from them is fairly obviously wrong on a fairly basic level.
I don't think it's suspicious, really, it's just stupid.
I don't see how it's remotely his fault. It's everyone elses for not waiting that 12 hours or whatever. Lynching people without getting claims from them is fairly obviously wrong on a fairly basic level.
I don't think it's suspicious, really, it's just stupid.
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
You REALLY need to read the thread, as opposed to making rash accusations about shit you know nothing about it.Primate wrote:I personally reckon that speedlynching is most inherently stupid thing in mafia. Because people were so impatient, we lost our cop day 1.
I don't see how it's remotely his fault. It's everyone elses for not waiting that 12 hours or whatever. Lynching people without getting claims from them is fairly obviously wrong on a fairly basic level.
I don't think it's suspicious, really, it's just stupid.
No offense, but that's a fact... Read the first three or so pages... He had plenty of time, and knew exactly what he was doing... Then, he disappeared... It was stupid of him, not of anyone else.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Sadly, about half the players here won't claim even if you give them time.Primate wrote:I personally reckon that speedlynching is most inherently stupid thing in mafia. Because people were so impatient, we lost our cop day 1.
I don't see how it's remotely his fault. It's everyone elses for not waiting that 12 hours or whatever. Lynching people without getting claims from them is fairly obviously wrong on a fairly basic level.
I don't think it's suspicious, really, it's just stupid.
But yes, I absolutely agree that it's dumb to lynch without getting a claim.
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
I'm not disagreeing with you here, AD, just speaking in general. This crowd seems far to prone to lynching, and I hardly ever see anyone claim, even when they have a power role.Anarkistsdream wrote:He had plenty of time... He posted on page 1 and page 12.... He knew... He chose his idiocy.
Basically, almost everyone here plays as if their role was "survivor," not "townie."
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
Well, that is why invitations are a good idea...Aimless wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you here, AD, just speaking in general. This crowd seems far to prone to lynching, and I hardly ever see anyone claim, even when they have a power role.Anarkistsdream wrote:He had plenty of time... He posted on page 1 and page 12.... He knew... He chose his idiocy.
Basically, almost everyone here plays as if their role was "survivor," not "townie."
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
- pancakemix
- Posts: 7973
- Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Grim Guzzler
He's modded a game before. He should know better.Aegnor wrote:Is he acting like that on purpose, misleading us into thinking that he is a noob and thus look more innocent. Or is he really that dumb to edit a post in a mafia game?
Epic Win
"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross
"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross
aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
I know. It's a matter of the board culture here. As for not having a lynch - it is okay to force a lynch if we're up against a deadline. If the deadline is not close, then it is always better for the town to wait for the player to claim.The1exile wrote:Aimless, it's true that we go for lynches but that's simply because there's no point in not having a lynch. We talked before about how interest wanes if no-one contributes.
Likewise, it is always better for the town for the player to claim; the reticence I see with some players, not claiming out of spite for being lynched, baffles me.
Well, we don't have a day deadline I think. Then it's just a matter often of wanting to get the deed done and dusted (because we don't want this mafia game to be taken over by our grandchildrenAimless wrote:I know. It's a matter of the board culture here. As for not having a lynch - it is okay to force a lynch if we're up against a deadline. If the deadline is not close, then it is always better for the town to wait for the player to claim.The1exile wrote:Aimless, it's true that we go for lynches but that's simply because there's no point in not having a lynch. We talked before about how interest wanes if no-one contributes.
Well, I can understand their motivation, but meh. It's true that it's the worst thing to do objectively, but subjectively, I can see it's appeal. (I don't play enough games as a townie to form a proper opinion, thoughAimless wrote:Likewise, it is always better for the town for the player to claim; the reticence I see with some players, not claiming out of spite for being lynched, baffles me.
He was on 3 votes at 18:00 on the 18th. two hours later, he was lynched. There was no deadline, and no reason to lynch him that quickly. Throughout the rest of the day, no-one had even mentioned the merest hint of the possibility of a chance that claiming might be a spiffy thing for to do. I think that pretty squarely falls under the banner of a claim-resisting speedlynch, don't you?Anarkistsdream wrote:You REALLY need to read the thread, as opposed to making rash accusations about shit you know nothing about it.Primate wrote:I personally reckon that speedlynching is most inherently stupid thing in mafia. Because people were so impatient, we lost our cop day 1.
I don't see how it's remotely his fault. It's everyone elses for not waiting that 12 hours or whatever. Lynching people without getting claims from them is fairly obviously wrong on a fairly basic level.
I don't think it's suspicious, really, it's just stupid.
No offense, but that's a fact... Read the first three or so pages... He had plenty of time, and knew exactly what he was doing... Then, he disappeared... It was stupid of him, not of anyone else.
@everyone discussing editing: you either think that he is scum editing out suspicious stuff, or you think he made a mistake. If you think that he edited out something suspcious, then please, dears, say what it is you think he removed. Simply editing is not, in itself, suspicious, surely? (admittedly, it is still against the rules, and should be punished but editing doesn't make someone any more likely to be mafia.
- Shadowstar
- Posts: 1352
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:55 pm
- Location: tires don exits
School is STILL holding me back, I just finished reading what I missed.
Anyway, at one point, jnd was acting rather scummy, and now hitman. Right now, what I see is not enough for a vote, so I'll
FOS: jnd and hitman
Anyway, at one point, jnd was acting rather scummy, and now hitman. Right now, what I see is not enough for a vote, so I'll
FOS: jnd and hitman
Translated Japanese Pikachu Wikipedia Article wrote:Hard nut in the lightning burn it in a soft, then eat with wisdom.
Vote Count:
SChool(1) - Shadowstar
Primate(1) - AD
Jnd(3) - Syzygy, Hitman079, Primate
Hitman(3) Got Tonkaed, Exile, Aegnor.
On another note. To get onto Fircoal's Good list, or to get off the bad, sleep on the ground list. Helping Fircoal with stuff, would be good.
Like right now, pm Fircoal to review his map of a game he may start here.
I MEAN DO IT!!!!
SChool(1) - Shadowstar
Primate(1) - AD
Jnd(3) - Syzygy, Hitman079, Primate
Hitman(3) Got Tonkaed, Exile, Aegnor.
On another note. To get onto Fircoal's Good list, or to get off the bad, sleep on the ground list. Helping Fircoal with stuff, would be good.
Like right now, pm Fircoal to review his map of a game he may start here.
I MEAN DO IT!!!!
Last edited by Fircoal on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
I think it was a Day One lynch, done on a newbie...Primate wrote:He was on 3 votes at 18:00 on the 18th. two hours later, he was lynched. There was no deadline, and no reason to lynch him that quickly. Throughout the rest of the day, no-one had even mentioned the merest hint of the possibility of a chance that claiming might be a spiffy thing for to do. I think that pretty squarely falls under the banner of a claim-resisting speedlynch, don't you?Anarkistsdream wrote:You REALLY need to read the thread, as opposed to making rash accusations about shit you know nothing about it.Primate wrote:I personally reckon that speedlynching is most inherently stupid thing in mafia. Because people were so impatient, we lost our cop day 1.
I don't see how it's remotely his fault. It's everyone elses for not waiting that 12 hours or whatever. Lynching people without getting claims from them is fairly obviously wrong on a fairly basic level.
I don't think it's suspicious, really, it's just stupid.
No offense, but that's a fact... Read the first three or so pages... He had plenty of time, and knew exactly what he was doing... Then, he disappeared... It was stupid of him, not of anyone else.
@everyone discussing editing: you either think that he is scum editing out suspicious stuff, or you think he made a mistake. If you think that he edited out something suspcious, then please, dears, say what it is you think he removed. Simply editing is not, in itself, suspicious, surely? (admittedly, it is still against the rules, and should be punished but editing doesn't make someone any more likely to be mafia.
He KNEW what was happening... If he didn't, he should have read the thread...
As for claiming... I think he never would have, regardless...
You may know a lot about the game, but not about playing it HERE... These people play very fast or not at all... Both are a detriment to the game.
But, on Day One, what else are you gonna do?
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
- Anarkistsdream
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
- Gender: Male
- pancakemix
- Posts: 7973
- Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Grim Guzzler
You only have about 4. There's still time.
Epic Win
"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross
"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross
aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.

