Gangster Mafia - Serial Killer wins!!!
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Ok unvote vote violet there has been a case made and a good 1 in my opinion and she is inactive too so some pressure is needed.
Rodion I think Dazerazer and Griffton could do with a wee prod too please.
Rodion I think Dazerazer and Griffton could do with a wee prod too please.

Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Both prodded as well.dazza2008 wrote:Ok unvote vote violet there has been a case made and a good 1 in my opinion and she is inactive too so some pressure is needed.
Rodion I think Dazerazer and Griffton could do with a wee prod too please.
-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
I will wait a day for Violet to give a defense. If she doesn't show up I will vote her.
-
BGtheBrain
- Posts: 2771
- Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
****
Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
I'm still here, just uncertain of who to vote for at the moment...
Had a fam emergency... ill try to get on tonight and give more input
-griff
Had a fam emergency... ill try to get on tonight and give more input
-griff

-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
This sounds like you're actively lurking... you've been posting in a lot of other threads over the last couple of days but haven't posted anything in Mafia in that time period. FOS.grifftron wrote:I'm still here, just uncertain of who to vote for at the moment...
Had a fam emergency... ill try to get on tonight and give more input
-griff
However, if this is true, then I will feel like an idiot, and I will apologize profusely. The second half of my post applies no matter what, however.
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Grifftron's a confirmed mason. Will be good to hear his thoughts though
-
God Emperor Q
- Posts: 545
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:42 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Baltimore
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Hi there. Here I am, posting. Let's see what violet says, she's been caught lurking a few times.
-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
*facepalm* I have no memory... =.=icedagger wrote:Grifftron's a confirmed mason. Will be good to hear his thoughts though
- shieldgenerator7
- Posts: 619
- Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:59 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere along my spiritual journey
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
I hope those you prod come back in and play, but if they don't, shields are holding at 100% for coming back in 
-SG7 (
)
-SG7 (
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV
My Smiley: (
) --- it's got SHIELDS!
My Smiley: (
everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
I was prodded yesterday. My apologies to Rodion for getting behind. Last time I had checked, it was still night. That must have been a few days ago. Let me read back and get caught up.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Icedagger, you have to remember that there really wasn't much substance on Day 1. A lot of new players had a lot of questions about game roles and mechanics. So those who had played mafia before were kind enough to try to explain how the game works.icedagger wrote:Guys, there is very little in the case against dibbler. Not wanting a deadline extension isn't a "major scum tell", it's just a noobish move from an inexperienced player.
So who should we go after? Well of the submariners God Emperor Q has made a grand total of two posts, the last of which was two weeks ago. He needs to be prodded or replaced.
There's another, more interesting, submariner though. VoiIet has made four serious posts. One of them was answering alt's question about what town's VC of "eliminate all threats to town" implied, the other was agreeing with safari about vig tactics and asking for a deadline extension. Note this is the same tangential fluff that most of safari's posts were made up of. Discussing game mechanics is fine but it's scummy when it makes up the majority of a player's posts because it lets them appear active without having to stick their neck out at all.
There were very few cases and bandwagons. The only bandwagons that ensued were those on inactives. Then once the inactive person voted, attention shifted to another inactive. There were no scumtells except for the slight one that Dibber gave. Therefore, I don't think any can be criticized for mainly discussing game mechanics on Day 1. What else was there to discuss?
icedagger wrote: These are voiIet's other two posts:
And then later on the same day,VioIet wrote:I am doing Dibbler a favor here.Dibbler wrote:I just don't think that we will get any more info. If you want I'm ok with lynching I never thought this game would go for months but right now it is on that track.
Vote Dibbler
So her only two posts that could be described as scum hunting consist of: 1) Voting a player and then 2) Agreeing that player shouldn't be voted.VioIet wrote:QFT. I remember making a similar statement in the Quentin game- which was perceived wrong. I think Dibbler's comments were due to inexperience, and not being sure how the game works.soundman wrote:Dibbler strikes me as a townie. He's bored with all the waiting and told us he didn't care if he was lynched. I think he would be more interested in the game and not mind waiting if he had a mafia/power role. Of course he could be using reverse psychology... I'm actually more interested in what ShaggyDan's case is. He's been pretty quiet through most of the game.
The prosecution rests its case![]()
Vote VoiIet
Context. I can't say that enough. At the end of Day 1, Dibbler complained that this game was taking to long and he voted himself. Anyone who doesn't care enough about the game and gives up enough to vote themselves- DESERVES to be voted. If you look back, I was actually trying to defend Dibbler before he voted for himself.
Day 2 was a brand new day. Dibbler didn't vote himself again, so i didn't need to. I went back to defending him.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
I don't recall ever voting for myself...as for give up, you could make that argument but I didn't want to give up. This is my first time in forum mafia, and I don't know what I was expecting but it just seemed everything was so slow. Now it is moving faster it is much more interesting for me and I am becoming more involved. Checking the thread much more often and posting more.
Highest Score: Brigadier- 3229 points
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Yeah violet dibbler never voted himself. That aside, why would you vote someone because they "deserve" to be voted when you don't think they're scum? That's certainly not playing to a town win condition.
-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Policy lynches?icedagger wrote:Yeah violet dibbler never voted himself. That aside, why would you vote someone because they "deserve" to be voted when you don't think they're scum? That's certainly not playing to a town win condition.
- MoB Deadly
- Posts: 2381
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
- Gender: Male
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Rough weekend, catching up today or tomorrow
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Im here! Let me catch up...
How much you want for Daze? (Culs De Sac on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 pm)
She's priceless, Culs. ;-P (MudPuppy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm)

She's priceless, Culs. ;-P (MudPuppy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm)

Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
How much you want for Daze? (Culs De Sac on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 pm)
She's priceless, Culs. ;-P (MudPuppy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm)

She's priceless, Culs. ;-P (MudPuppy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm)

- MoB Deadly
- Posts: 2381
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
- Gender: Male
Re: Gangster Mafia - Night 2 - O-Ren is no more
Is there really no lead on this? just want to make sure everyone has seen itRodion wrote:Gogo Yubari was pissed. The japanese psycho had failed yesterday and she was not used to failing at what she did best: killing. Whomever she met tonight would certainly regret the unfortunate rendezvous. Feeling thirsty, the twisted beauty decided to enter the closest bar.
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
lol slow! I am still checking up on this thread, i just don't want to accuse someone and do a *facepalm* after!slowreactor wrote:*facepalm* I have no memory... =.=icedagger wrote:Grifftron's a confirmed mason. Will be good to hear his thoughts though
I did have a fam emergency, and am pretty busy.. but I also have a war going on, tourneys, and misc polls in some threads so I try to manage my time on CC the best I can

Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
unvote vote dazerazer she has been inactive. Comes on says violet should claim with little reason then thats it. Too many people are inactive here but just saying someone should claim without any input to the game is not good.

Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
Since everyone seems to be trying to catch up, here's a summary- Violet was submarining and voted for dibbler despite admitting she didn't think he was scum. Violet is called on this. Violet explains dibbler deserved to be voted because he voted for himself. Dibbler did not in fact vote for himself. This is pointed out. Violet goes back to submarining.
Violet is our best bet by a country mile today.
Violet is our best bet by a country mile today.
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
I did not establish one yet. Once I do it, it's set in stone and there will be no extensions.dazza2008 wrote:How far away is the deadline?
Would you like me to establish a deadline?
- MoB Deadly
- Posts: 2381
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
- Gender: Male
Re: Gangster Mafia - Day 3 - Uh-oh! Town in jeopardy!
icedagger wrote:Since everyone seems to be trying to catch up, here's a summary- Violet was submarining and voted for dibbler despite admitting she didn't think he was scum. Violet is called on this. Violet explains dibbler deserved to be voted because he voted for himself. Dibbler did not in fact vote for himself. This is pointed out. Violet goes back to submarining.
Violet is our best bet by a country mile today.
Im on board with this.... unvote vote violet

