Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby RobinJ on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:40 am

^
Aye thanks for that boberz - didn't know there was a difference before. I take it this map will soon be QUENCHED then?
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby AndrewB on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:47 am

hulmey wrote:Boberz considering i joind conquer club before you i dont know how you can call me a newbie!!!

I think i know alot more about map making and tactics considering your rank here in conquer club ( your probably better at us making the tea luv).

And finally if you hadnt noticed Eastern Map is spread over 4 countries....And i think Qwert is using the local to english translation for each part of the map where these different countries are (correct me if im wrong Qwert)...

so who's the noob now :wink:

You are noob now, and u were one.

I am talking about USSR part of Eastern Map and it does not spread 4 countries. Just one, called USSR.

If qwert is going to use local to english translation, then proper name should be Kyiv then, but you seems to be ignorant of that fact too.

Please, stop comment on city names if you DON'T understand and DON'T care.

qwert, 99% of the people in CC would not care about the spelling. They also would not care if you switch Lvov and Ternopol. But it does not mean it would have been correct map.

Please, qwert, make a decision yourself, look at the map which I have posted (you said you know Russian) and make the city names consistent. It is in your power to stop this discussion right now.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby AndrewB on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:50 am

Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:22 am

These good Andrew, you put some part of eastern front(only not put Caucasus), but these good, becouse i see that you realy want to help mee. OK i will try too put all names in Rusian-english translation.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndrewB on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:34 pm

qwert wrote:These good Andrew, you put some part of eastern front(only not put Caucasus), but these good, becouse i see that you realy want to help mee. OK i will try too put all names in Rusian-english translation.

I do, I want this map to be the best it can be. ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby boberz on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:56 pm

brilliant were moving forward and have a positive step this is good now other than names are there any more improvements people can see so we can move it forward quickly and in comment to my previous post i understand it was irrelevant to the map but believe it had to be said to try and make the foundry more united even if only united in the knowledge they disagree
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:59 pm

Here map with all russian english translation names, and i belive that these names existed in ww2.

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby boberz on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:02 pm

i expect to get battered for this but...

the south border of the 'stalingrad army' continent for want of a better term) still looks like it needs smoothing. And what does aernotono mean (bottom right along with the signature)

Postby boberz on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:06 pm

yes but was this definately implemented for the border southern of the stalingrad army if it was my eyes are decieving me

qwert why did you delete the previous post (screenshot of the different % options)

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:27 pm

By mistake i delete these post but these post you can find in 1 page.
And i become a litle angry, its only me but for my map its look that i have must "Rengen certificate" becouse its look that only my map must bee see from magnifying glasses view. If some belive that 1px of my map have some mistake then these not good. I from beginin tell that every map author must have equal right. In others map topic for now i dont see that people search for every microscopic mistake in hes map, can comebody explain these. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Wisse on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:42 pm

qwert wrote:By mistake i delete these post but these post you can find in 1 page.
And i become a litle angry, its only me but for my map its look that i have must "Rengen certificate" becouse its look that only my map must bee see from magnifying glasses view. If some belive that 1px of my map have some mistake then these not good. I from beginin tell that every map author must have equal right. In others map topic for now i dont see that people search for every microscopic mistake in hes map, can comebody explain these. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

nah, its just that you map is other than other maps, every map is different.
so every map wil have other requirments to be good and playable ;)
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:45 pm

No wisse, when you put every map too microscope , you can not gues who map is who, you can only see PX, and these rule can be equal for all map authors, :x :x
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndrewB on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:21 pm

qwert wrote:Here map with all russian english translation names, and i belive that these names existed in ww2.

Thanks a lot! ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby hulmey on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:36 pm

Hehe...Well yes of course we should wait for the poll to finish...But qwert decided to finish the poll quickly and im saying lets get on with it coz this thing about names is just annoying....

As for the other thread (equal right to all map authors). well thanks for following my work.... Would you like a signed copy :D
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Hulmey your work? :?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:55 pm

Now i belive that these map finish
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Contrickster on Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 pm

qwert wrote:Now i belive that these map finish

Yes. It's a fantastic piece of work - well done!
Corporal 1st Class Contrickster

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm

I really dislike these sort of polls. When the map's ready for Final Forge it will happen. A poll is not going to make it happen any faster.

I'll have a good look at the map soon, I've been too busy lately to have a detailed look at any map.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:45 am

Ok, first thing I'm going to mention is the territory names since they seem to be the latest issue. I'm fine with all of them except for one... Isthmus of Perekop. It's quite long and I'm wondering what sort of impact it will have on the drop-down menu. Would it be a problem to just call it Perekop?

The other major issue recently was the borders. These still appear to be a problem. I wonder if reducing the opacity of them slightly would help.

The colour of Stalingrad Army is bothering me. It's pretty awful and unless it has some significance I'm sure you could come up with a nicer shade of green.

Another concern is the army shadows. They pratically disappear in von Rundstedt Army and it's something that I think could be fixed in one of two ways. Change the shade of the army shadows themselves or change the shade of von Rundstedt Army so the shadows are more visible. The shadows also seem to have a faint white edge on them which gives them a rough/aliased look.

It was mentioned some time ago (by I can't remember who) that the legend shadows could possibly be changed. I don't mind the legend staying as it is, but I would like to see the helmets and star given a shadow as well to lift them off the board like the rest of the legend.

I'm not sure the sea labels are needed. They kind of look cramped in there.

Lastly, is there any signifcance to the pictures and foreign text underneath your name on the map? I'm curious to what they mean/represent.

Postby Ruben Cassar on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:59 am

KEYOGI wrote:Another concern is the army shadows. They pratically disappear in von Rundstedt Army and it's something that I think could be fixed in one of two ways. Change the shade of the army shadows themselves or change the shade of von Rundstedt Army so the shadows are more visible. The shadows also seem to have a faint white edge on them which gives them a rough/aliased look.

It was mentioned some time ago (by I can't remember who) that the legend shadows could possibly be changed. I don't mind the legend staying as it is, but I would like to see the helmets and star given a shadow as well to lift them off the board like the rest of the legend.

I'm not sure the sea labels are needed. They kind of look cramped in there.

Lastly, is there any signifcance to the pictures and foreign text underneath your name on the map? I'm curious to what they mean/represent.

Guiscard and I had commented on the army shadows and how they disappear in that territory and no one apart from us seemed to care about that. I suggested making a bolder outline for the army shadows for them to be visible at that time.

While we are speaking about the legend, one minor thing that I would like to see in the legend is the use of the Red Star on the helmet like the ones used for the main cities as the one that is used on the helmets makes it resemble the ones used by China or N. Korea not the Soviet Union. I would remove that circles round the stars on the helmets and just put the red star.

I guess you are right about the sea labels, they do look cramped and playability would not be affected if they were removed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby boberz on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:17 am

qwert every map author IS equal every map goes through this process and every map is looked at carefully and your map is not ready to play yet as you will need to make all Keyogi's suggestions unless there is a reason why not

and the title still looks unproffesional as if out of wordart i have said this before but i thin it may have been missed does anybody agree

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:23 am

boberz wrote:and the title still looks unproffesional as if out of wordart i have said this before but i thin it may have been missed does anybody agree

I do. I'm sure qwert could come up with something nicer.

Postby hulmey on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:30 am

i think all of keyogi's comments are valid...Apart from the title!!!

I like it and actually think it was voted on and was chosen by the majority, so it should stay.

Is it possible to have a map without Army shadows.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby boberz on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:34 am

i think if it was voted on it was between that and another option as it is im sure there are many better options qwert could come up with

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:37 am

hulmey wrote:i think all of keyogi's comments are valid...Apart from the title!!!

I like it and actually think it was voted on and was chosen by the majority, so it should stay.

I think qwert probably has a lot more experience with his graphics program now, so theoretically his skills would have improved.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas