Top 10 Highest Scores (without Team points)
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
New plan.....
I have 3000 points. Lose them down to about 500.
Then only play singels. Perhaps gain up to 2000-2300 who knows.
Before I had a gain in team of perhaps 700 points. Now i get a net loss for 1800 points (2500-700). That means I should have 4000 points if i would only get single points?
I really like this list. It is fun and it needs to be done. But I have started to think it is almost impossible to get a fair one, doing the math yourself. It must be done within the program and counting team and single games seperatly. Perhaps it can be done in the future.
I have 3000 points. Lose them down to about 500.
Then only play singels. Perhaps gain up to 2000-2300 who knows.
Before I had a gain in team of perhaps 700 points. Now i get a net loss for 1800 points (2500-700). That means I should have 4000 points if i would only get single points?
I really like this list. It is fun and it needs to be done. But I have started to think it is almost impossible to get a fair one, doing the math yourself. It must be done within the program and counting team and single games seperatly. Perhaps it can be done in the future.
- Blitzaholic
- Posts: 23050
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:57 pm
- Location: Apocalyptic Area
flawed
Well Juventino, I got a 1982 singles rank and teams killed my singles score big time, this is why my singles rank is handicapped, perhaps I will lose all my team games now, all of them, hmmmmmmm, so let's see here, I just lost 3600 points from my rank, but I had 1982 in singles, so, hmmmm, I got a 5582 rank in singles, sweet, LOL. Obviously I would never do this, but it shows how flawed this can be!juventino wrote:New plan.....
I have 3000 points. Lose them down to about 500.
Then only play singels. Perhaps gain up to 2000-2300 who knows.
Before I had a gain in team of perhaps 700 points. Now i get a net loss for 1800 points (2500-700). That means I should have 4000 points if i would only get single points?
I really like this list. It is fun and it needs to be done. But I have started to think it is almost impossible to get a fair one, doing the math yourself. It must be done within the program and counting team and single games seperatly. Perhaps it can be done in the future.

- ZawBanjito
- Posts: 379
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:25 am
- Location: Somewhere
Har har, nice to know I'm still in the top 10 at something.
You bums all bettah watch out though. I've got no vacation days left until the age of 40 and I've just entered a relationship with a girl who lives far far away. I've got nothing to do at night now except stare you down. Down, down, down. Moohoohahahahaha.
You bums all bettah watch out though. I've got no vacation days left until the age of 40 and I've just entered a relationship with a girl who lives far far away. I've got nothing to do at night now except stare you down. Down, down, down. Moohoohahahahaha.
- Blitzaholic
- Posts: 23050
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:57 pm
- Location: Apocalyptic Area
kid A
that is impressive kid A, well doneKid_A wrote:My current score is 2440.
After doing the math, I've lost a total of 184 points in team games (I suck at team games)
So if I'd never played a team game, my score would be:
2624
and Robin I got 2 more singles scores for you, these are precise to the letter, Artur1 has 2441 singles rank and Goatboy has 2290 singles rank, you may want to extent it to top 20, or top 10 and next 10, hope this helps.
and what about gotheart86? he may be up there, I know he won the battle royal for like 700 points or so, would that count? or asterik?
juventino wrote:New plan.....
I have 3000 points. Lose them down to about 500.
Then only play singels. Perhaps gain up to 2000-2300 who knows.
Before I had a gain in team of perhaps 700 points. Now i get a net loss for 1800 points (2500-700). That means I should have 4000 points if i would only get single points?
I really like this list. It is fun and it needs to be done. But I have started to think it is almost impossible to get a fair one, doing the math yourself. It must be done within the program and counting team and single games seperatly. Perhaps it can be done in the future.
but i never really thought thru the potential to abuse it.... well, this scoring system is definetly broken.
- sully800
- Posts: 4978
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Yeah, as Robin said the more team games you have played the less accurate this is. People with a vast majority of singles games will end up very close to what their score would actually be.juventino wrote:New plan.....
I have 3000 points. Lose them down to about 500.
Then only play singels. Perhaps gain up to 2000-2300 who knows.
Before I had a gain in team of perhaps 700 points. Now i get a net loss for 1800 points (2500-700). That means I should have 4000 points if i would only get single points?
I really like this list. It is fun and it needs to be done. But I have started to think it is almost impossible to get a fair one, doing the math yourself. It must be done within the program and counting team and single games seperatly. Perhaps it can be done in the future.
hey sully, you think you could figure out some sort of a ratio effect for this... I know it won't be accurate, but maybe we could create a crude handicap...sully800 wrote:Yeah, as Robin said the more team games you have played the less accurate this is. People with a vast majority of singles games will end up very close to what their score would actually be.juventino wrote:New plan.....
I have 3000 points. Lose them down to about 500.
Then only play singels. Perhaps gain up to 2000-2300 who knows.
Before I had a gain in team of perhaps 700 points. Now i get a net loss for 1800 points (2500-700). That means I should have 4000 points if i would only get single points?
I really like this list. It is fun and it needs to be done. But I have started to think it is almost impossible to get a fair one, doing the math yourself. It must be done within the program and counting team and single games seperatly. Perhaps it can be done in the future.
-
chessplaya
- Posts: 1875
- Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:46 pm
-
chessplaya
- Posts: 1875
- Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:46 pm
-
chessplaya
- Posts: 1875
- Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:46 pm
I now present to you...
Top 10 Highest Singles Players Scores
(without team points)
....................... current score .............. current ............. highest .......
.......................... with NO...................... score................. score .......
........................ team games.............(1st wk of April)........... ever .......
1. Lazaruslong . . . .2732 . . . . . . . . . . . 2886 . . . . . . . . 2886
2. Robinette. . . . . . 2669 . . . . . . . . . . . 2785 . . . . . . . . 3021
3. Nuke . . . . . . . . . 2641 . . . . . . . . . . . 2641 . . . . . . . . 3160
4. Kid_A . . . . . . . . .2534 . . . . . . . . . . . 2534 . . . . . . . . 2534?
5. Cyberdaniel. . . . 2533 . . . . . . . . . . . 2654 . . . . . . . . 3145
6. artur1 . . . . . . . . .2497. . . . . . . . . . . 2531 . . . . . . . . 2531?
7. sully800 . . . . . . .2316 . . . . . . . . . . .2316 . . . . . . . . 2387
8. Goatboy . . . . . . . 2313. . . . . . . . . . . 2340. . . . . . . . .2340?
9. ZawBanjito. . . . . 2221 . . . . . . . . . . .2221. . . . . . . . .2558
10. RL_Orange. . . . 2094. . . . . . . . . . .2094. . . . . . . . . 3088
What is not displayed, is what the highest score each person above has achieved without team games....
The approximate high scores would give us a list that would look something like this:
1. Nuke ................. 3160
2. RL_Orange ....... 3088
3. cyberdaniel....... 3050
4. Robinette ......... 2950
5. Lazaruslong ..... 2750
6. zawbanjito........ 2550
7. Kid_A ................ 2534
8. artur1 ............... 2497
9. sully800............ 2350
10. Goatboy .......... 2313
Many problems exisit in trying to create an accurate list of singles only scores with the current scoring system.
In an effort to create a fair representation, without encouraging anyone to manipulate any scoring system, this list has been revamped with 2 changes....
The 1st problem to be addressed was the accuracy of removing team scores. As pointed out earlier in this thread, the higher the ratio of team games the higher the scoring error can be. The solution to this 1st problem is to limit this list to players who focus on singles games, using 88% minimum single games... or no more than 12% being team games.
The 2nd problem was the method of adjusting the score when someone had poor team scores. As pointed out in this thread, intentional team losses would be calculated as point gains in your singles score. The solution to this 2nd problem is to limit the point adjustment to a zero gain effect for the singles score.
Obviously this is not the perfect way to calculate these scores, but it is the best we can do with what we have to work with. There are many who continue to have their fingers crossed that Lack will improve the situation with regards to score calculations in the coming update. I am one of those people.
Scores have been REDUCED to remove any Positive effect from team games...
All scores were verified between 3/31 and 4/7/07 unless noted otherwise
Top 10 Highest Singles Players Scores
(without team points)
....................... current score .............. current ............. highest .......
.......................... with NO...................... score................. score .......
........................ team games.............(1st wk of April)........... ever .......
1. Lazaruslong . . . .2732 . . . . . . . . . . . 2886 . . . . . . . . 2886
2. Robinette. . . . . . 2669 . . . . . . . . . . . 2785 . . . . . . . . 3021
3. Nuke . . . . . . . . . 2641 . . . . . . . . . . . 2641 . . . . . . . . 3160
4. Kid_A . . . . . . . . .2534 . . . . . . . . . . . 2534 . . . . . . . . 2534?
5. Cyberdaniel. . . . 2533 . . . . . . . . . . . 2654 . . . . . . . . 3145
6. artur1 . . . . . . . . .2497. . . . . . . . . . . 2531 . . . . . . . . 2531?
7. sully800 . . . . . . .2316 . . . . . . . . . . .2316 . . . . . . . . 2387
8. Goatboy . . . . . . . 2313. . . . . . . . . . . 2340. . . . . . . . .2340?
9. ZawBanjito. . . . . 2221 . . . . . . . . . . .2221. . . . . . . . .2558
10. RL_Orange. . . . 2094. . . . . . . . . . .2094. . . . . . . . . 3088
What is not displayed, is what the highest score each person above has achieved without team games....
The approximate high scores would give us a list that would look something like this:
1. Nuke ................. 3160
2. RL_Orange ....... 3088
3. cyberdaniel....... 3050
4. Robinette ......... 2950
5. Lazaruslong ..... 2750
6. zawbanjito........ 2550
7. Kid_A ................ 2534
8. artur1 ............... 2497
9. sully800............ 2350
10. Goatboy .......... 2313
Many problems exisit in trying to create an accurate list of singles only scores with the current scoring system.
In an effort to create a fair representation, without encouraging anyone to manipulate any scoring system, this list has been revamped with 2 changes....
The 1st problem to be addressed was the accuracy of removing team scores. As pointed out earlier in this thread, the higher the ratio of team games the higher the scoring error can be. The solution to this 1st problem is to limit this list to players who focus on singles games, using 88% minimum single games... or no more than 12% being team games.
The 2nd problem was the method of adjusting the score when someone had poor team scores. As pointed out in this thread, intentional team losses would be calculated as point gains in your singles score. The solution to this 2nd problem is to limit the point adjustment to a zero gain effect for the singles score.
Obviously this is not the perfect way to calculate these scores, but it is the best we can do with what we have to work with. There are many who continue to have their fingers crossed that Lack will improve the situation with regards to score calculations in the coming update. I am one of those people.
Scores have been REDUCED to remove any Positive effect from team games...
All scores were verified between 3/31 and 4/7/07 unless noted otherwise
Last edited by Robinette on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- JOHNNYROCKET24
- Posts: 5514
- Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 4:11 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: among the leets