An Evolutionary Tournament IV (dragon dor wins!)
Moderator: Tournament Directors
-
tzor
- Posts: 4051
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Long Island, NY, USA
- Contact:
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 12 Aug)
Game 7425637 went to shoop76.
I hate those slow lingering deaths ... where you only have one territory left, only get only 3 units and it still takes them two rounds to kill you.
I hate those slow lingering deaths ... where you only have one territory left, only get only 3 units and it still takes them two rounds to kill you.

Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 12 Aug)
You've got another tournament badass for your next game, too...very tough draw.tzor wrote:Game 7425637 went to shoop76.
I hate those slow lingering deaths ... where you only have one territory left, only get only 3 units and it still takes them two rounds to kill you.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 12 Aug)
eddie 2 wins game Game 7425740
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 13 Aug)
Tournament Game: An Evolutionary Tournament IV - Round 1
7425748 ... tough loss against notyou2 .... tried a bold move early on a hard 1v1 map (Feudal War) and he made me pay
Tournament Game: An Evolutionary Tournament IV - Bracket B - Round 1
7456748 ... great drop and early start brought about my first victory in this one against RKCVED ... tough luck drop for him though ...
Can't wait until my next Bracket B match ...
7425748 ... tough loss against notyou2 .... tried a bold move early on a hard 1v1 map (Feudal War) and he made me pay
Tournament Game: An Evolutionary Tournament IV - Bracket B - Round 1
7456748 ... great drop and early start brought about my first victory in this one against RKCVED ... tough luck drop for him though ...
Can't wait until my next Bracket B match ...
-
tzor
- Posts: 4051
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Long Island, NY, USA
- Contact:
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 12 Aug)
I'm finding the game very interesting, even though he did have a 2 unit advantage as a result of the draw.Woodruff wrote:You've got another tournament badass for your next game, too...very tough draw.

Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 14 Aug)
Woodruff, could you explain your system, I'm totally unable to predict against whom I am going to play... ((and pretty sure I'm not the only one)
I should play against go dan m, I guess. If I lose, I am going to bracket C. If I win, I should play against winner (or loser?) of the A35vsB30 match...
A35 will presumably be Krissan, thegreekdog or Anders2004. However, B30 just remains a dark secret to me, no matter how hard I try...
P.S. Maybe you should ignore my babbling and just explain in your own words...
I should play against go dan m, I guess. If I lose, I am going to bracket C. If I win, I should play against winner (or loser?) of the A35vsB30 match...
A35 will presumably be Krissan, thegreekdog or Anders2004. However, B30 just remains a dark secret to me, no matter how hard I try...
P.S. Maybe you should ignore my babbling and just explain in your own words...
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 14 Aug)
Sure thing...to speak specifically of your situation: In your first game in Bracket A, you played mpjh with the loser dropping down to the A28 block of Bracket B...unfortunately for you, that was you. So following to there, you will play the loser of the A27 match, which is "go dan m".Zemljanin wrote:Woodruff, could you explain your system, I'm totally unable to predict against whom I am going to play... ((and pretty sure I'm not the only one)
I should play against go dan m, I guess. If I lose, I am going to bracket C. If I win, I should play against winner (or loser?) of the A35vsB30 match...
A35 will presumably be Krissan, thegreekdog or Anders2004. However, B30 just remains a dark secret to me, no matter how hard I try...
P.S. Maybe you should ignore my babbling and just explain in your own words...
If you win that matchup against "go dan m", you will face the A35 loser, which will be between Krissan and thegreekdog.
If you however lose your matchup against the A27 loser, you will drop to the C bracket in the B14 block and play the loser of the B31 match, which will be between Johnny Rockets and the loser of the A34 match (shoop76 and Ghost_Rider).
The B30 reference is simply telling you where you'll go if you first beat "go dan m" and then you lose that matchup against "the loser of Krissan and thegreekdog".
Remember...the letter-number combo on the right of a matchup (B30, for instance) relates to a sign telling you where you will move to IF YOU LOSE while the letter-number combo on the left relates to where you are specifically placed IF YOU LOSE. Think of the one on the right as a pointer to the one on the left WHEN YOU LOSE, if that helps.
The letter-number combos don't affect you if you win, since you simply continue out on the bracket. You'll notice that later on in the brackets, those right-side letter-number combos are actually not on the line with any name, rather they are between the names. That's how I would prefer to do it throughout the whole bracket, but I'm limited on space in my PowerPoint file. So think of the letter-number combos on the right as being "between the two competitors", rather than on one line.
It can be a bit more difficult to follow if you don't have the brackets printed out on paper (which I do have) to follow the flow better.
Let me know if that doesn't make sense...I'll give it another shot. I'm going to add some of this to my "bracket explanation post" to try to help clarify it there.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 14 Aug)
It does, a little bit of a study by my side - will most certainly do the job. However, thisWoodruff wrote:Let me know if that doesn't make sense...
seems as an obvious lapsus calami. I guess the red one should be WIN. Or blue one?Woodruff wrote:Remember...the letter-number combo on the right of a matchup (A28, for instance) relates to where you will move to IF YOU LOSE while the letter-number combo on the left relates to where you go to IF YOU LOSE.
I'll check some examples and find out...
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 14 Aug)
I know...it wasn't the most clear way to write it. Neither blue nor red is if you win though...If you win, you just move along the bracket.Zemljanin wrote:seems as an obvious lapsus calami. I guess the red one should be WIN. Or blue one?Woodruff wrote:Remember...the letter-number combo on the right of a matchup (A28, for instance) relates to where you will move to IF YOU LOSE while the letter-number combo on the left relates to where you go to IF YOU LOSE.
Both blue and red definitely apply to ONLY if you are a loser, but in different ways. I guess my best way of breaking it down is to think of the right side letter-number combo as a pointer which points at the exact same letter-number combo in the next lower bracket, but which will then be on the left side (like a GOTO statement in programming).
Does that help?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
-
tzor
- Posts: 4051
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Long Island, NY, USA
- Contact:
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 16 Aug)
Game 7456747 is complete: HighlanderAttack has the win.

Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 17 Aug)
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 19 Aug)
Game 7496160 is complete. I win over The Cheat in matchup B28. If I'm reading the bracket correctly, my next game is against the runner up of the bottom half of bracket A. Is that correct? If so, I have a bit of a wait!
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 19 Aug)
Tripitaka wins Game 7425622 against Queen_Herpes
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 19 Aug)
Indeed, you are correct. Looks like that'll be a tough matchup.Doc_Brown wrote:Game 7496160 is complete. I win over The Cheat in matchup B28. If I'm reading the bracket correctly, my next game is against the runner up of the bottom half of bracket A. Is that correct? If so, I have a bit of a wait!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 22 Aug)
eddie2 wins game no Game 7507961 against MudPuppy
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 22 Aug)
Game 7490022 finished. Zemljanin won.
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 24 Aug)
Woodruff will update this tournament once his forum vacation has ended 
(He asked me to let you all know)
(He asked me to let you all know)

Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 24 Aug)
When his vacation finishes?Gilligan wrote:Woodruff will update this tournament once his forum vacation has ended
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 24 Aug)
Thanks for posting the note for me, Gilligan - I appreciate it. Sorry guys, I was on a short forum vacation for not behaving myself. I will update this thread tonight when I get home from work.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
-
tzor
- Posts: 4051
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Long Island, NY, USA
- Contact:
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 2 Sep)
Game 7573233 randomly put us in Chicago. I'm starting to like this map. The battle for "Midway" has begun, but I thought that battle wasn't in Chicago. 
Since no one else is posting, I figure I would update my post. Victory is MINE!
Since no one else is posting, I figure I would update my post. Victory is MINE!

- Falkomagno
- Posts: 732
- Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:49 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 5 Sep)
i'm still alive in ths tourney? since the last time I'd play I won....I wonder, when it will be my next match
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 5 Sep)
Yep, you're still alive. The loser between Enormastitz and Nailer X will play Zemljanin. You will play the loser in that game between Zemljanin and "the loser of Enormastitz and Nailer X".Falkomagno wrote:i'm still alive in ths tourney? since the last time I'd play I won....I wonder, when it will be my next match
Basically, you lost too quickly, so you've got to sit around waiting to see who drops into your bracket.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 5 Sep)
Game 7623648 is reserved for adam666 but in your bracket it says i should be going up against AAFitz??
Re: An Evolutionary Tournament IV (Updated 5 Sep)
Beautiful save, alex...I dorked that one up. You are correct that it should have been for AAFitz. I have dropped that game and will re-create. Thanks for that.alex951 wrote:Game 7623648 is reserved for adam666 but in your bracket it says i should be going up against AAFitz??
You are now forgiven for that brutally long 1st-round game against demy7. <laughing out loud>
(Glad adam was a bit slow in joining...saved wasting a game slot.)
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
