nah it's 1 liberal with multiple accountsSnorri1234 wrote:Goddamit Jay, stop being such an obvious tool.jay_a2j wrote:Obviously the 2 who voted for conservatism were liberals!![]()
Politcal Correctness (FBI/DOD could have stopped Fort Hood)
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Politcal Correctness
- Snorri1234
- Posts: 3438
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am
- Location: Right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo.
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
Now I know you're not all that bright, but honestly you had to think before you'd realise that comment would be offensive?john9blue wrote:Maybe I should specify. I think it's a "necessary evil" for politicians/public figures because people are always going to take offense to the dumbest things and blow them out of proportion. I have been called racist IRL when I make innocent comments before thinking about how they can be construed as offensive. The other day I went into an Arab friend's room and the clock was ticking loudly so I made a time bomb joke and everyone was like ooooh... and then I realized how it was offensive. I'M NOT RACIST, THEY ARE FOR INTERPRETING IT THAT WAY. I SHOULDN'T NEED A FILTER ON EVERYTHING I SAY BECAUSE OF THESE BIGOTS. /rant
This is going to happen very soon. Ever since only about 5% of the American people was christian it was bound to happen.Really though, how long will it be before Holiday Trees and Developmentally Delayed People and Little People and FirePeople get forced upon us? Don't tell me that's "respecting other people" you dumbass, that's trampling our rights.
OW SHIT WAIT! I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING INSTEAD OF SOME WEIRD-ASS FOXNEWS MACHINE WHICH SPOUTS OUT RANDOM TOPICS!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Re: Politcal Correctness
got tonkaed, have you been taken over by the demon targetman?got tonkaed wrote:stop this garbage. Its no ta trap. stop fucking styaing stupid shit about peopel. For the love go fal god. slurs arent cooo,, stop saying them. You arent interswting or intelligent or anyting. Stop thinkking your better because youarent. Be accountable for hstio. No one is taking ovg your life because of this political correctinons crap. If you cant talk like a reasonable adult you dersrve to get what the f*ck comes to dyou, its not the 19th centruyt.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
- hecter
- Posts: 14632
- Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:27 pm
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tying somebody up on the third floor
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
I believe it was the Vodka Angel, actually.Woodruff wrote:got tonkaed, have you been taken over by the demon targetman?got tonkaed wrote:stop this garbage. Its no ta trap. stop fucking styaing stupid shit about peopel. For the love go fal god. slurs arent cooo,, stop saying them. You arent interswting or intelligent or anyting. Stop thinkking your better because youarent. Be accountable for hstio. No one is taking ovg your life because of this political correctinons crap. If you cant talk like a reasonable adult you dersrve to get what the f*ck comes to dyou, its not the 19th centruyt.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.


Re: Politcal Correctness
I think it is stupid that groups of people demand to be called a certain term. Don't get me wrong, I am not against them prohibiting being called by slurs. But when Black became African American, and American Indian became Native American...I just don't see the point. How would someone classify Lennox Lewis? Is he black, or is there a category of African British? Why does the US have these problems and other countries don't? Or do other countries deal with this? Please let me know.

nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Politcal Correctness
because of....political correctness? hehe well I think the dash/american terminology was started to categorize americans while still keeping the word american in the phrase. probably meant as a uniting strategy.jbrettlip wrote:I think it is stupid that groups of people demand to be called a certain term. Don't get me wrong, I am not against them prohibiting being called by slurs. But when Black became African American, and American Indian became Native American...I just don't see the point. How would someone classify Lennox Lewis? Is he black, or is there a category of African British? Why does the US have these problems and other countries don't? Or do other countries deal with this? Please let me know.
Re: Politcal Correctness
I agree with you. People are so mixed racially that there's no real way to assign a label anymore. At least in America it's that way.jbrettlip wrote:I think it is stupid that groups of people demand to be called a certain term. Don't get me wrong, I am not against them prohibiting being called by slurs. But when Black became African American, and American Indian became Native American...I just don't see the point. How would someone classify Lennox Lewis? Is he black, or is there a category of African British? Why does the US have these problems and other countries don't? Or do other countries deal with this? Please let me know.

Re: Politcal Correctness
Maybe 'Africian American' seemed more empowering after centuries of being called 'black' or 'nigger' - and i think (though I will stand corrected) Native American's were only called Indians because the Europeans thought they have found their way around to India (hence the 'West Indies) at first, and the name stuck. Either way, I don't see why it's stupid that certain groups of people felt compelled to name themselves, as opposed to the terms that white colonialism had decided to call them -jbrettlip wrote:I think it is stupid that groups of people demand to be called a certain term. Don't get me wrong, I am not against them prohibiting being called by slurs. But when Black became African American, and American Indian became Native American...I just don't see the point. How would someone classify Lennox Lewis? Is he black, or is there a category of African British? Why does the US have these problems and other countries don't? Or do other countries deal with this? Please let me know.
-- share what ya got --
- pimpdave
- Posts: 1082
- Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
Political correctness was invented at McGill University in 1989.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
- BigBallinStalin
- Posts: 5071
- Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
- Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
As for the term "African American," I think it's mostly just crap. There was this comedy show I saw (I think it was Wanda Sykes), and she was making fun of that term. As if simply being labeled another word will really change anything on how a race is perceived. For that reason and many others, I still use the word black--perhaps in certain essays I'll use the African-American. Why? Because some people (black and whites alike) are very sensitive about the word "black." In social settings, I'll use black because nearly everyone knows I'm not some racist bigoted prick.radiojake wrote:Maybe 'Africian American' seemed more empowering after centuries of being called 'black' or 'nigger' - and i think (though I will stand corrected) Native American's were only called Indians because the Europeans thought they have found their way around to India (hence the 'West Indies) at first, and the name stuck. Either way, I don't see why it's stupid that certain groups of people felt compelled to name themselves, as opposed to the terms that white colonialism had decided to call them -jbrettlip wrote:I think it is stupid that groups of people demand to be called a certain term. Don't get me wrong, I am not against them prohibiting being called by slurs. But when Black became African American, and American Indian became Native American...I just don't see the point. How would someone classify Lennox Lewis? Is he black, or is there a category of African British? Why does the US have these problems and other countries don't? Or do other countries deal with this? Please let me know.
What's even better is to not use either word at all, and just call someone as "this guy" or whatever. When people start inserting descriptions based on race about someone, then it allows a lot of preconceptions to kick in. Sometimes, in certain situations it's useful, and sometimes it's unnecessary.
Re: Politcal Correctness
Policitacal correctness has gone insane!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
- MeDeFe
- Posts: 7831
- Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
- Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Re: Politcal Correctness
Insanity was invented at McGill University in 1872.pmchugh wrote:Policitacal correctness has gone insane!!!!!!!!!
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Re: Politcal Correctness
That's a large part of the problem...there may not be a rational, logical way to assign a label anymore...but labels WILL BE ASSIGNED, because that's the human thing to do, unfortunately. We love labels!beezer wrote:I agree with you. People are so mixed racially that there's no real way to assign a label anymore. At least in America it's that way.jbrettlip wrote:I think it is stupid that groups of people demand to be called a certain term. Don't get me wrong, I am not against them prohibiting being called by slurs. But when Black became African American, and American Indian became Native American...I just don't see the point. How would someone classify Lennox Lewis? Is he black, or is there a category of African British? Why does the US have these problems and other countries don't? Or do other countries deal with this? Please let me know.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Politcal Correctness
CNN, which for the most part refuses to call Fort Hood Massacre terrorism, follows up every single "Hassan" story with 15 minutes of follow up from 4 US soldiers who killed innocent iraqis 3 years ago
Here is Chris Mathews and Glenn Beck having a surprising normal conversation and agreeing on the issue. politcal correctness conversation starts at about about half way through.
Chris Matthews: "Your'e great! I listen to you all the time. I think you are amazingly smart for such a young guy"
Glenn Beck: "Thank you"
Here is Chris Mathews and Glenn Beck having a surprising normal conversation and agreeing on the issue. politcal correctness conversation starts at about about half way through.
Chris Matthews: "Your'e great! I listen to you all the time. I think you are amazingly smart for such a young guy"
Glenn Beck: "Thank you"
- BigBallinStalin
- Posts: 5071
- Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
- Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
The FBI held a proper investigation and deemed at as not terrorism. They're a more reasonable bunch than you, Phat.Phatscotty wrote:CNN, which for the most part refuses to call Fort Hood Massacre terrorism, follows up every single "Hassan" story with 15 minutes of follow up from 4 US soldiers who killed innocent iraqis 3 years ago
Political correctness is not preventing CNN from labeling the Fort Hood killing spree as terrorism; facts are.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Politcal Correctness
I completely disagree. Show me your source on the officialy (ended) FBI investigation. I call Bullshit!BigBallinStalin wrote:The FBI held a proper investigation and deemed at as not terrorism. They're a more reasonable bunch than you, Phat.Phatscotty wrote:CNN, which for the most part refuses to call Fort Hood Massacre terrorism, follows up every single "Hassan" story with 15 minutes of follow up from 4 US soldiers who killed innocent iraqis 3 years ago
Political correctness is not preventing CNN from labeling the Fort Hood killing spree as terrorism; facts are.
- Snorri1234
- Posts: 3438
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am
- Location: Right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo.
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
While they're not completely ruling out terrorism as of yet, most official reports say it probably wasn't. Since they've established that the guy acted alone it's hard to determine the proper motive though. However, it also means that it wasn't a coordinated attack by a terrorist group.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Politcal Correctness
you are bending over backwards to search for an alternative reality that fits your perverted mind. It isn't there mate. It just isn't.Snorri1234 wrote:While they're not completely ruling out terrorism as of yet, most official reports say it probably wasn't. Since they've established that the guy acted alone it's hard to determine the proper motive though. However, it also means that it wasn't a coordinated attack by a terrorist group.
- Snorri1234
- Posts: 3438
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am
- Location: Right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo.
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
OH SHIT I AM TOTALLY DOING THAT! I AM CURRENTLY GIVING A FLYING f*ck WHETHER IT'S TERRORISM OR NOT!Phatscotty wrote:you are bending over backwards to search for an alternative reality that fits your perverted mind. It isn't there mate. It just isn't.Snorri1234 wrote:While they're not completely ruling out terrorism as of yet, most official reports say it probably wasn't. Since they've established that the guy acted alone it's hard to determine the proper motive though. However, it also means that it wasn't a coordinated attack by a terrorist group.
Seriously dude, I don't give a f*ck. If you want to use this thing as a casus belli be my guest. It is not actually affecting me, in fact most of what you guys do doesn't affect me in the slightest. Why do you think I would bend over backwards to fit some political agenda?
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Politcal Correctness
i concur, it is somewhat related to the previous post and went unnamed. However, taking a month to figure out whether or not to call it terrorism is fucking pathetic and can't surviveSnorri1234 wrote:OH SHIT I AM TOTALLY DOING THAT! I AM CURRENTLY GIVING A FLYING f*ck WHETHER IT'S TERRORISM OR NOT!Phatscotty wrote:you are bending over backwards to search for an alternative reality that fits your perverted mind. It isn't there mate. It just isn't.Snorri1234 wrote:While they're not completely ruling out terrorism as of yet, most official reports say it probably wasn't. Since they've established that the guy acted alone it's hard to determine the proper motive though. However, it also means that it wasn't a coordinated attack by a terrorist group.
Seriously dude, I don't give a f*ck. If you want to use this thing as a casus belli be my guest. It is not actually affecting me, in fact most of what you guys do doesn't affect me in the slightest. Why do you think I would bend over backwards to fit some political agenda?
- Baron Von PWN
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Capital region ,Canada
Re: Politcal Correctness
Of course the only two Ideologies in the world are Conservatism and Liberalism
. Political correctness is just politeness.
Proud to be politically incorrect! Oh Phat you crack me up! You may as well say "proud to be racists" or "proud to be homophobic". Is it so bad to call someone a term they don't find offensive? Sure you have the right to be as much of an asshole as you want to be, doesn't mean you have to be one.
Proud to be politically incorrect! Oh Phat you crack me up! You may as well say "proud to be racists" or "proud to be homophobic". Is it so bad to call someone a term they don't find offensive? Sure you have the right to be as much of an asshole as you want to be, doesn't mean you have to be one.
- BigBallinStalin
- Posts: 5071
- Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
- Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
- Contact:
Re: Politcal Correctness
Phat, I don't need to waste my time with your nonsense. Go give the FBI a call or google it yourself. You either need to drag yourself from your own ignorance or we can all just make fun of you since you're always so hell-bent on starting shit, which you most likely don't even believe yourself. And if you do, then you're truly an idiot.Phatscotty wrote:I completely disagree. Show me your source on the officialy (ended) FBI investigation. I call Bullshit!BigBallinStalin wrote:The FBI held a proper investigation and deemed at as not terrorism. They're a more reasonable bunch than you, Phat.Phatscotty wrote:CNN, which for the most part refuses to call Fort Hood Massacre terrorism, follows up every single "Hassan" story with 15 minutes of follow up from 4 US soldiers who killed innocent iraqis 3 years ago
Political correctness is not preventing CNN from labeling the Fort Hood killing spree as terrorism; facts are.
- daddy1gringo
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:47 am
- Location: Connecticut yankee expatriated in Houston, Texas area, by way of Isabela, NW PR
Re: Politcal Correctness
"Political correctness" as we know it today, is pretty much a liberal thing. The conservative, right-wing equivalent would be McCarthyism, which is a dead horse.
Political correctness isn't just politeness. It's intolerance masquerading as tolerance. Let Dr. Laura Schlessinger or Dr. James Dobson express their opinion that homosexuality is an aberration and it's "Get them off the air! Pressure the stations and the sponsors!" and in Dobson's case, "try to prosecute him for an act of violence committed by some totally unconnected idiots in Texas!" Which was so insane it was scary.
For the political correctness crowd, tolerance is a one-way street. "Tolerate all points of view, as long as they agree with mine." "You can't stereotype or ridicule any group of people, unless I don't like them, like Roman Catholics, Fundamentalist Christians, Orthodox Jews..."
Political correctness isn't just politeness. It's intolerance masquerading as tolerance. Let Dr. Laura Schlessinger or Dr. James Dobson express their opinion that homosexuality is an aberration and it's "Get them off the air! Pressure the stations and the sponsors!" and in Dobson's case, "try to prosecute him for an act of violence committed by some totally unconnected idiots in Texas!" Which was so insane it was scary.
For the political correctness crowd, tolerance is a one-way street. "Tolerate all points of view, as long as they agree with mine." "You can't stereotype or ridicule any group of people, unless I don't like them, like Roman Catholics, Fundamentalist Christians, Orthodox Jews..."
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
-
spurgistan
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:30 pm
Re: Politcal Correctness
Remember the Dixie Chicks? They were fun. Anyways, the point of humor ought to be to make fun of the people with the power. Also, I'm pretty sure we tolerate most different POV's that don't impugn some broad group, or have to do with violence. Tolerate and like are two very different things.daddy1gringo wrote:"Political correctness" as we know it today, is pretty much a liberal thing. The conservative, right-wing equivalent would be McCarthyism, which is a dead horse.
Political correctness isn't just politeness. It's intolerance masquerading as tolerance. Let Dr. Laura Schlessinger or Dr. James Dobson express their opinion that homosexuality is an aberration and it's "Get them off the air! Pressure the stations and the sponsors!" and in Dobson's case, "try to prosecute him for an act of violence committed by some totally unconnected idiots in Texas!" Which was so insane it was scary.
For the political correctness crowd, tolerance is a one-way street. "Tolerate all points of view, as long as they agree with mine." "You can't stereotype or ridicule any group of people, unless I don't like them, like Roman Catholics, Fundamentalist Christians, Orthodox Jews..."
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.
Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
- thegreekdog
- Posts: 7246
- Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Philadelphia
Re: Politcal Correctness
Unless you're a member of that particular group that's not in power. Then you have every right to make fun of that particular group (see, e.g. Chris Rock).spurgistan wrote:Remember the Dixie Chicks? They were fun. Anyways, the point of humor ought to be to make fun of the people with the power. Also, I'm pretty sure we tolerate most different POV's that don't impugn some broad group, or have to do with violence. Tolerate and like are two very different things.daddy1gringo wrote:"Political correctness" as we know it today, is pretty much a liberal thing. The conservative, right-wing equivalent would be McCarthyism, which is a dead horse.
Political correctness isn't just politeness. It's intolerance masquerading as tolerance. Let Dr. Laura Schlessinger or Dr. James Dobson express their opinion that homosexuality is an aberration and it's "Get them off the air! Pressure the stations and the sponsors!" and in Dobson's case, "try to prosecute him for an act of violence committed by some totally unconnected idiots in Texas!" Which was so insane it was scary.
For the political correctness crowd, tolerance is a one-way street. "Tolerate all points of view, as long as they agree with mine." "You can't stereotype or ridicule any group of people, unless I don't like them, like Roman Catholics, Fundamentalist Christians, Orthodox Jews..."
