The first five are true and the last five are false...I think.the.killing.44 wrote:Which of the following is/are true?
1. At least one of these ten statements is false.
2. At least two of these ten statements are false.
3. At least three of these ten statements are false.
4. At least four of these ten statements are false.
5. At least five of these ten statements are false.
6. At least six of these ten statements are false.
7. At least seven of these ten statements are false.
8. At least eight of these ten statements are false.
9. At least nine of these ten statements are false.
10. At least ten of these ten statements are false.
No cheating now
Riddles and Puzzles
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- Mr. Squirrel
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm
- Location: up a tree
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
pmchugh wrote: If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that
- MeDeFe
- Posts: 7831
- Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
- Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
I agree.Mr. Squirrel wrote:The first five are true and the last five are false...I think.the.killing.44 wrote:Which of the following is/are true?
1. At least one of these ten statements is false.
2. At least two of these ten statements are false.
3. At least three of these ten statements are false.
4. At least four of these ten statements are false.
5. At least five of these ten statements are false.
6. At least six of these ten statements are false.
7. At least seven of these ten statements are false.
8. At least eight of these ten statements are false.
9. At least nine of these ten statements are false.
10. At least ten of these ten statements are false.
No cheating now
For the last to be true, all have to be false, that means the last one is false, one false means the first is true. For the 9th to be true, all but the first (which we have concluded is true) have to be false, that means the 9th is false and we can conclude that the 2nd is true. And so on.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
I'd say number 9 is correct
and yeah just one answer per page is good, or at least one first answer/page
and yeah just one answer per page is good, or at least one first answer/page
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
No, is 9 is correct then 2 (and 3-8) would be correct so there couldn't nine falses.anonymus wrote:I'd say number 9 is correct
and yeah just one answer per page is good, or at least one first answer/page
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
yeah thats true.. hmm.. my head hurts a bit need a pizza and some the shield to recover..spiesr wrote:No, is 9 is correct then 2 (and 3-8) would be correct so there couldn't nine falses.anonymus wrote:I'd say number 9 is correct
and yeah just one answer per page is good, or at least one first answer/page
-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
I got a new one:
It was a very dry, hot day in Dallas, Texas. Detective Frank was chewing on some tobacco when he got the call. "Frank, you're needed." 15 minutes later, he ends up in a medium-sized apartment, where a guy was hanging from the ceiling on a noose. However, there are nothing to stand on nearby, and the noose is too high for the guy to reach by jumping. The autopsy later shows that the cause of death was by strangulation from the noose, and everything shows that it was suicide, and not murder. The question is, how did he get up there?
It was a very dry, hot day in Dallas, Texas. Detective Frank was chewing on some tobacco when he got the call. "Frank, you're needed." 15 minutes later, he ends up in a medium-sized apartment, where a guy was hanging from the ceiling on a noose. However, there are nothing to stand on nearby, and the noose is too high for the guy to reach by jumping. The autopsy later shows that the cause of death was by strangulation from the noose, and everything shows that it was suicide, and not murder. The question is, how did he get up there?
-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
Hmm... very quiet... 
- Mr. Squirrel
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm
- Location: up a tree
-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
I shoulda said that there were no signs of anyone else in the room... sorryMr. Squirrel wrote:A friend helped him up.
That's it, Gozar! Do you have a riddle or puzzle to share?Gozar wrote:Standing on an ice block?
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
slowreactor wrote: That's it, Gozar! Do you have a riddle or puzzle to share?
I have an old classic, the riddle of the sphinx.
What goes on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening?

- Mr. Squirrel
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm
- Location: up a tree
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
a human. I've heard this waaaaay too many times.Gozar wrote:slowreactor wrote: That's it, Gozar! Do you have a riddle or puzzle to share?
I have an old classic, the riddle of the sphinx.
What goes on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening?
pmchugh wrote: If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
CorrectMr. Squirrel wrote:a human. I've heard this waaaaay too many times.Gozar wrote:slowreactor wrote: That's it, Gozar! Do you have a riddle or puzzle to share?
I have an old classic, the riddle of the sphinx.
What goes on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening?

- Mr. Squirrel
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm
- Location: up a tree
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
Alright, I got this one from a friend of mine recently. I thought it was pretty tough.
Four men sat down to play.
They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun.
With separate scores for everyone.
When they had come to square accounts.
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain?
If no one lost, how all could gain?
Four men sat down to play.
They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun.
With separate scores for everyone.
When they had come to square accounts.
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain?
If no one lost, how all could gain?
pmchugh wrote: If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that
-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
They didn't play against each other.Mr. Squirrel wrote:Alright, I got this one from a friend of mine recently. I thought it was pretty tough.
Four men sat down to play.
They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun.
With separate scores for everyone.
When they had come to square accounts.
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain?
If no one lost, how all could gain?
- Mr. Squirrel
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm
- Location: up a tree
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
wrong. although I guess that could work, it isn't the right answer.slowreactor wrote:They didn't play against each other.Mr. Squirrel wrote:Alright, I got this one from a friend of mine recently. I thought it was pretty tough.
Four men sat down to play.
They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun.
With separate scores for everyone.
When they had come to square accounts.
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain?
If no one lost, how all could gain?
pmchugh wrote: If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
I am glad someone guessed this before I did, or I would have wasted my chance! I was about to suggest that perhaps that their 'play' was in fact some sort of criminal element, like a robbery gang, but reading it through one last time, 'seperate scores' really stuck out. Are they singers in a play? Some kind of theater entertainment at least?Mr. Squirrel wrote:wrong. although I guess that could work, it isn't the right answer.slowreactor wrote:They didn't play against each other.Mr. Squirrel wrote:Alright, I got this one from a friend of mine recently. I thought it was pretty tough.
Four men sat down to play.
They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun.
With separate scores for everyone.
When they had come to square accounts.
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain?
If no one lost, how all could gain?

- Mr. Squirrel
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm
- Location: up a tree
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
You got it. They are all musicians.Gozar wrote:I am glad someone guessed this before I did, or I would have wasted my chance! I was about to suggest that perhaps that their 'play' was in fact some sort of criminal element, like a robbery gang, but reading it through one last time, 'seperate scores' really stuck out. Are they singers in a play? Some kind of theater entertainment at least?Mr. Squirrel wrote:wrong. although I guess that could work, it isn't the right answer.slowreactor wrote:They didn't play against each other.Mr. Squirrel wrote:Alright, I got this one from a friend of mine recently. I thought it was pretty tough.
Four men sat down to play.
They played all night till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun.
With separate scores for everyone.
When they had come to square accounts.
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain?
If no one lost, how all could gain?
pmchugh wrote: If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
Good riddle! I had never heard it before.Mr. Squirrel wrote: You got it. They are all musicians.![]()
Ok, this one also goes back to Ancient Greece.
A fisherman said: "What we caught we threw away; what we didn't catch, we kept"

Re: Riddles and Puzzles
Gozar wrote:Good riddle! I had never heard it before.Mr. Squirrel wrote: You got it. They are all musicians.![]()
Ok, this one also goes back to Ancient Greece.
A fisherman said: "What we caught we threw away; what we didn't catch, we kept"
Lice
next riddle...
What is in my pocket?

Re: Riddles and Puzzles
One ring to rule them all?demonfork wrote:Gozar wrote:Good riddle! I had never heard it before.Mr. Squirrel wrote: You got it. They are all musicians.![]()
Ok, this one also goes back to Ancient Greece.
A fisherman said: "What we caught we threw away; what we didn't catch, we kept"
Lice
next riddle...
What is in my pocket?

Re: Riddles and Puzzles
You got's it my precious...Gozar wrote:demonfork wrote:Gozar wrote:Good riddle! I had never heard it before.Mr. Squirrel wrote: You got it. They are all musicians.![]()
Ok, this one also goes back to Ancient Greece.
A fisherman said: "What we caught we threw away; what we didn't catch, we kept"
Lice
next riddle...
What is in my pocket?
One ring to rule them all?
your go.

-
slowreactor
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
I'm going to post one if no one else is:
You and your family just moved into a new town, and you realize you need to get your hair cut. There is only one barbershop in the entire town, and there are only two barbers there. One of them has an extremely stylish cut and shave, while the other looks like a dog's been at his head. You sit down, and they ask you who you want to cut your hair. Who do you pick, and why?
You and your family just moved into a new town, and you realize you need to get your hair cut. There is only one barbershop in the entire town, and there are only two barbers there. One of them has an extremely stylish cut and shave, while the other looks like a dog's been at his head. You sit down, and they ask you who you want to cut your hair. Who do you pick, and why?
- lgoasklucyl
- Posts: 526
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:49 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere in the 20th century.
Re: Riddles and Puzzles
The one who looks like the dog's been at his head.
If there's only one barbershop in town, the two barbers must cut eachothers hair. Since the other barber's hair looks spiffy, the one with the mess on his head must have cut his hair, and is therefore the correct choice.
If there's only one barbershop in town, the two barbers must cut eachothers hair. Since the other barber's hair looks spiffy, the one with the mess on his head must have cut his hair, and is therefore the correct choice.

