Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Guiscard on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 pm

OK I'll list the ones which i can see as obviously out on the large map (don't have time to do the small at the moment)...

Large map:

Novgorod
Smolensk
Rzhev
Mozhaisk
Kursk
Karkov
Maykop
All of the grey continent
Ternopil
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Teya on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:24 pm

Have you changed the sizes of the army circles? It would fix numbers being not central.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Marvaddin on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:27 pm

Can we just see the map with army shadows a bit lighter?
Major Marvaddin

Postby Coleman on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:38 pm

I don't know why newer maps seem to be held to a higher standard. The numbers look good to me. I can pull in a bunch of shots of numbers slightly off center in current frequently played maps if people don't believe there are any.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Teya on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:45 pm

Not all old maps went through the map foundry.
I dont see how you think the numbers are fine. Alot of them are only out by 1 pixel, but that would be fixed by fixing the size of the army shadows that are different. Which has been mentioned but ignored by qwert because he doesnt believe there are any shadows that have been somehow warped.
But then there are a couple numbers that are out by more like Mozhaisk.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Coleman on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:01 pm

Part of my initial message is just out of frustration that there are 4 seemingly great maps that should have been released by now.

I did some close up looks and I see what you are saying, not all the circles are the same size. It looks like the author of this map is going to scrap the whole project because of it, so unless someone else is going to pick it up this looks dead. :cry:
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Guiscard on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:05 pm

Don't worry. Every time someone suggests something he doesn't like he threatens to scrap it. After a few days of arguing he puts it to a poll and after that goes back to working sensibly (see the Great Manual Resizing Of Text Scandal 5 or 6 pages back).
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Guiscard wrote
Don't worry. Every time someone suggests something he doesn't like he threatens to scrap it. After a few days of arguing he puts it to a poll and after that goes back to working sensibly (see the Great Manual Resizing Of Text Scandal 5 or 6 pages back).

Do you want to say that i easy surender, these wath you want to say.
If you think that you will see that you wrong.
My decision its definitive, I wait andy reply and finish.
Da me gaze po mozgu malo sutra.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:13 pm

Andy, If these not good to be for play just delete my topic, you dont need to wrote nothing.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:31 pm

Guiscard wrote:Don't worry. Every time someone suggests something he doesn't like he threatens to scrap it. After a few days of arguing he puts it to a poll and after that goes back to working sensibly (see the Great Manual Resizing Of Text Scandal 5 or 6 pages back).

LOL.

Any 10 minute job gets blown up into a big deal. If qwert just fixed the highlighted problems straight away his map would've been quenched a long time ago. As it is, it's not even final forge. I noticed the Arctic map was quenched. Funny what happens when you put said advice into action rather than complain about it.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Coleman on Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:12 pm

Dude, just ask the mouthy one where all the armies that aren't centered are and then change those circles until they are centered. That's it, you're done. It isn't like she is asking you to change borders or bonuses.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Coleman wrote
Dude, just ask the mouthy one where all the armies that aren't centered are and then change those circles until they are centered. That's it, you're done. It isn't like she is asking you to change borders or bonuses.

You think that only these a problem, you new here and dont know to Teya Keyogy and Guiscard will conceive something new to prolong my work, any way Andy do not reply to my qwestion and these mean that he don't care a scrap.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:41 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Obviously nothing be perfectly done. I'm not asking you to get it down to .1 px alike in all areas, but centralizing can be done with time and a little effort.

--Andy

You had your reply from Andy on page 40.

Nobody is conceiving anything to prolong your work. Your map is fine, it just needs a few minor adjustments. Go into Photoshop or whatever it is you're using and make all the army shadows the same size for a start. See where that gets you.

Secondly, there are still those borders that are touching or under army shadows. Why don't you quickly fix these two minor things or attempt to solve both problems and post an image without any army shadows?

Postby Teya on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:01 pm

qwert wrote:You think that only these a problem, you new here and dont know to Teya Keyogy and Guiscard will conceive something new to prolong my work, any way Andy do not reply to my qwestion and these mean that he don't care a scrap.

I resent that comment. Nothing any of us has mentioned wouldnt have been mentioned by Andy.
And Ive said before that I think army numbers and shadows are whats holding this map back.

Keyogi may be right about fixing shadows and borders that touch each other though. It would look much better. (notice everything Myself, Keyogi and Guiscard say are trying to help you to make your map look better?)

I also think you are being a bit too hard on Guiscard saying that he will conceive something to prolong your map. You are the only person prolonging this map. The font argument went on for about 10 pages. All because YOU were being stubborn. And now you are dragging this out as well. If you want to finish the map so bad, take a look at all your army circles.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Guiscard on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Don't worry Qwert I won't post in your map threads again if you don't want me to. Hope it eventually gets quenched.

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:04 pm

whene keyogy army shadows in 5 places not toching going in others terittory then you dont say a word and here you constantly atackin becouse in Demyans army shadows taching lines becouse small terittory, these i dont understand.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:22 pm

I really didn't understand a word of that. Can someone translate?

Postby Skittles! on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:25 pm

KEYOGI wrote:I really didn't understand a word of that. Can someone translate?

Either did I.
Private Skittles!

Postby bedplay on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 pm

qwert,
FOLLOW PEOPLE'S INSTRUCTIONS!
WE AREN'T AGAINST YOU!
WE LIKE THE MAP!
WE DON'T MIND YOU!
JUST STOP ARGUING, START DOING AND GET THIS MAP QUENCHED!
YOU'RE NEARLY DONE!
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur
Private 1st Class bedplay

Postby Teya on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:36 pm

bedplay, where's my apology :)
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:44 pm

If somebody help me to put in my army shadows all number 8 these can be done in 5 min.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teya on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:56 pm

why do you need all 8's? Have you looked at the sizes of your army circles yet? It really will help with making all your numbers to be centered.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:31 pm

why? numbers like 8 have 8px and in all my army circle these number are 100% centralise, and not just these numbers, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,and 0 have 8px but numbers 1 with 7px delete all my efort.
Like you se in large map all numbers are 100% centralised.

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:33 pm

and these show that all my circle same dimension to.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:09 pm

The army numbers seem fine in the last picture Qwert posted.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas