The Five Elements [Winner: EnricoPalazzo]
Moderator: Tournament Directors
Re: The Five Elements [15/25] [0/5 reserves]
in new world seq unlim esc and fog
plurple is not purple

-
EnricoPalazzo
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:28 pm
Re: The Five Elements [15/25] [0/5 reserves]
Never done a tourney, hope that's OK.
WWII Europe (beta--is that OK?), flat rate, fog, chained
WWII Europe (beta--is that OK?), flat rate, fog, chained
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: The Five Elements [15/25] [0/5 reserves]
Welcome to tournament life. You realize this is going to take... hmmm... about 3 months for the first round, I'd say? Definitely NOT speed game play.EnricoPalazzo wrote:Never done a tourney, hope that's OK.
WWII Europe (beta--is that OK?), flat rate, fog, chained
I'd also keep another map in mind, in case WWII Europe is recalled. I'm not aware of any issues that would make that happen at this point, in fact, it appears to be about to lose the BETA tag... but it's always possible.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Re: The Five Elements [18/25] [0/5 reserves]
count on me guys
I'd like Age of Merchants esc chained NO FOG (fog is the chancers game)
thanks
I'd like Age of Merchants esc chained NO FOG (fog is the chancers game)
thanks

- DimnjacarStef
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 5:21 pm
- Location: Ozalj
Re: The Five Elements [18/25] [0/5 reserves]
age of merchants, seq,esc, cha
Winner (7) + Battle Royal game (1)
Finals (22) - look on the wall
high score 2638 (181st) - on 03.01.'10
Finals (22) - look on the wall
high score 2638 (181st) - on 03.01.'10
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
To fog... or not to fog?
Got Bob72 and DimnjacarStef, in the home stretch now.
Bob72... I've heard that said before. I find it only holds true if you don't track the game in detail. In fact, I've managed to score quite a few victories on fog maps by following the game log and exposed territories closer than my opponents. I'm not saying it's not a fair bit of WORK. Or that, in fact, that it works better in 1v1. But it's still possible.
Now, on symmetrical maps, maps without 'continent' bonuses, or VERY LARGE MAPS... yes, fog can turn it into a luck parade.
And fog freestyle is just wrong.
Then again, I'm not a freestyle fan.
Good Luck to all, one more division's worth to fill... and a few reserves, one hopes.
Bob72... I've heard that said before. I find it only holds true if you don't track the game in detail. In fact, I've managed to score quite a few victories on fog maps by following the game log and exposed territories closer than my opponents. I'm not saying it's not a fair bit of WORK. Or that, in fact, that it works better in 1v1. But it's still possible.
Now, on symmetrical maps, maps without 'continent' bonuses, or VERY LARGE MAPS... yes, fog can turn it into a luck parade.
And fog freestyle is just wrong.
Good Luck to all, one more division's worth to fill... and a few reserves, one hopes.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Re: The Five Elements [20/25] [0/5 reserves]
Sign me up please.. Imperium Romanum Flat Rate, Chained, Foggy
Re: The Five Elements [21/25] [0/5 reserves]
Ireland----no fog---flat----chained
Herus
Herus
__________________________
Winner of:
Olimpics part 1 citius:Boxing 69-75kg;Wolfman's Champions-Foundry Update; Big Brother-CC Style; Trapped in the Myst of BeNeLux;1ªLiga Portuguesa 2013/2014;
Best Points=2638,14-12-18
Best Place=(199º),23-10-07
Winner of:
Olimpics part 1 citius:Boxing 69-75kg;Wolfman's Champions-Foundry Update; Big Brother-CC Style; Trapped in the Myst of BeNeLux;1ªLiga Portuguesa 2013/2014;
Best Points=2638,14-12-18
Best Place=(199º),23-10-07
Re: The Five Elements [22/25] [0/5 reserves]
Count me in. Feudal, flat rate, fog.
Re: The Five Elements [22/25] [0/5 reserves]
Sorry. Chained in the above post.
Re: The Five Elements [23/25] [0/5 reserves]
Count me in, please. Battle of Actium, escalating, chained, no fog.
- The Chosen
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:21 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Halfway up the stairs. (2287 = 447th)
- Contact:
Re: The Five Elements [24/25] [0/5 reserves]
COUNT ME IN 
FEUDAL WAR
FLAT RATE
CHAINED
FOGGY
FEUDAL WAR
FLAT RATE
CHAINED
FOGGY
Re: The Five Elements [24/25] [0/5 reserves]
i will play. forbidden city, fog, flat, chained
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: NEED RESERVES : The Five Elements [25/25] [1/5 reserves]
Okay, We're full! Now hunting up reserves, and seeking tournament privs. Also submitting player list and game order to random.org. We should be running in about 30 hours... I have an evening shift tonight and morning shift tomorrow, I will do my best to move things along.
zissou2, I'm sorry, but you're the first reserve.
One last detail: please do NOT report each elimination in this thread. There will be THREE HUNDRED games in the first round alone for me to track, we could easily bury the thread. ...The post to track progress of the tournament will have a substantial format change once we begin.
If the WINNER of a game could report the FULL ORDER of elimination via PM, it would be of use. This is NOT necessary, however, I'll be checking the games. But it might save a bit of time.
zissou2, I'm sorry, but you're the first reserve.
One last detail: please do NOT report each elimination in this thread. There will be THREE HUNDRED games in the first round alone for me to track, we could easily bury the thread. ...The post to track progress of the tournament will have a substantial format change once we begin.
If the WINNER of a game could report the FULL ORDER of elimination via PM, it would be of use. This is NOT necessary, however, I'll be checking the games. But it might save a bit of time.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
- Gypsys Kiss
- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a darkened room, beyond the reach of Gods faith
Re: NEED RESERVES : The Five Elements [25/25] [1/5 reserves]
I'll be a reserve..............British Isles, chained, esc and foggy

- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: The Five Elements [25/25] [2/5 reserves] UNDERWAY
Okay, First round games are all created and mailed out. Future rounds will normally be late in the week, probably Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. I expect round 2 will come out Saturday Morning, March 7 (US central time).
1: join all the games you're sent, you are being sent ONLY your games.
2: I did not list in any plain fashion who's settings are in use on each map. But it IS listed.
The game description lists the division, round, number of players, and the number of the player, in their division, who is the "home team".
So the final number is the player who should have home settings. Example:
Game 4374162, Plasma-round 1, 3-4. Three player game on the home settings of Plasma 4: Simon Viavant
Checking this, we see his settings are: World 2.1, unlimited, escalating, no fog. And so on.
3: if you find an error in a game, please let me know immediately.
Fire division, Sorry for the doubled PMs, I messed up the game passwords on the first batch.
NOTE: The entire league is pre-scheduled, although each division's schedule differs, again thanks to random.org. Arranging the games so that everyone came out evenly to have a home game each week(one player with two), and every player having 4 or 5 games turned out to be rather simple, after beating my head on the wall for a couple of hours, approaching it from the wrong end.
Lastly, ENJOY!
1: join all the games you're sent, you are being sent ONLY your games.
2: I did not list in any plain fashion who's settings are in use on each map. But it IS listed.
The game description lists the division, round, number of players, and the number of the player, in their division, who is the "home team".
So the final number is the player who should have home settings. Example:
Game 4374162, Plasma-round 1, 3-4. Three player game on the home settings of Plasma 4: Simon Viavant
Checking this, we see his settings are: World 2.1, unlimited, escalating, no fog. And so on.
3: if you find an error in a game, please let me know immediately.
Fire division, Sorry for the doubled PMs, I messed up the game passwords on the first batch.
NOTE: The entire league is pre-scheduled, although each division's schedule differs, again thanks to random.org. Arranging the games so that everyone came out evenly to have a home game each week(one player with two), and every player having 4 or 5 games turned out to be rather simple, after beating my head on the wall for a couple of hours, approaching it from the wrong end.
Lastly, ENJOY!
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: The Five Elements [25/25] [2/5 reserves] UNDERWAY
All Round 1 games are now full and running. Score updates should start flowing from me to the front page in another day or so.
Round 2 games still currently expected to mail out on Saturday, March 7.
Round 2 games still currently expected to mail out on Saturday, March 7.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: The Five Elements [25/25] [3/5 reserves] UNDERWAY
Whew!
Round 2 games created and mailed... One was full and running by the time I was finished with the last division.
Round 1 games are 6/30 finished. As each round finishes, I'll be removing the game-by-game scores from the score posting on the front page, leaving just the round summary.
R3 is currently tentatively scheduled for Sat, Mar 14. I'll check the progress before then and keep you updated if I think delaying it is advisable... I don't think that's too likely.
If anyone EVER needs a round delayed for purposes of game load IN THIS TOURNAMENT... let me know.
Round 2 games created and mailed... One was full and running by the time I was finished with the last division.
Round 1 games are 6/30 finished. As each round finishes, I'll be removing the game-by-game scores from the score posting on the front page, leaving just the round summary.
R3 is currently tentatively scheduled for Sat, Mar 14. I'll check the progress before then and keep you updated if I think delaying it is advisable... I don't think that's too likely.
If anyone EVER needs a round delayed for purposes of game load IN THIS TOURNAMENT... let me know.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Re: The Five Elements [25/25] [3/5 reserves] UNDERWAY
Game 4374156
is complete
is complete
- The Chosen
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:21 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Halfway up the stairs. (2287 = 447th)
- Contact:
Re: The Five Elements [25/25] [3/5 reserves] UNDERWAY
This is a great tournament and very well administered...
...but can we have a slightly easier to read score table please.
Maybe something like;
Points Scored so far (Games Completed so far)
WATER
poptartpsycho18 - 5 (3)
oakleyshole - 3 (4)
The Chosen - 3 (2)
Hacx5nine - 3 (4)
herus - 4 (3)
...but can we have a slightly easier to read score table please.
Maybe something like;
Points Scored so far (Games Completed so far)
WATER
poptartpsycho18 - 5 (3)
oakleyshole - 3 (4)
The Chosen - 3 (2)
Hacx5nine - 3 (4)
herus - 4 (3)
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: The Five Elements [25/25] [3/5 reserves] UNDERWAY
1: Thanks.The Chosen wrote:This is a great tournament and very well administered...![]()
![]()
...but can we have a slightly easier to read score table please.
Maybe something like;
Points Scored so far (Games Completed so far)
WATER
poptartpsycho18 - 5 (3)
oakleyshole - 3 (4)
The Chosen - 3 (2)
Hacx5nine - 3 (4)
herus - 4 (3)
2: I'll see what I can do. I can easily just show point totals in one area. I can even use most of your suggestion. Sadly, I'll have to keep something like the big chart for myself anyway, but I can probably change the format to something simpler for everyone. Give me a day or three to ponder and implement, however...
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
- slickstick
- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:58 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: ladybrand freestate south africa
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: The Five Elements [25/25] [3/5 reserves] UNDERWAY
Round 3 games are created and mailed. Some minor connection issues made it take a bit longer... And mailing the wrong games to one player (and catching it immediately) created a sense of paranoia that slowed it down a bit as well. 
Two divisions are tearing it up, and two are being more deliberate about finishing their games... I understand both approaches, with the points as even as they are across the game sizes. That's intentional.
However, depending on both tournament progress and my work schedule next week, Round 4 MAY be delayed. Just a bit of (hopefully unnecessary) warning.
Game on!
Two divisions are tearing it up, and two are being more deliberate about finishing their games... I understand both approaches, with the points as even as they are across the game sizes. That's intentional.
However, depending on both tournament progress and my work schedule next week, Round 4 MAY be delayed. Just a bit of (hopefully unnecessary) warning.
Game on!
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Re: The Five Elements [full] UNDERWAY
Kinnison, are you keeping your "big chart" in an Excel spreadsheet (or some other Office document)? If so, you might want to consider posting it to Google Docs so anyone who does actually want to see all the details can do so. Just a suggestion ...
- Kinnison
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Generation One Autobot HQ (or, Texas)
Re: The Five Elements [full] UNDERWAY
Regrettably, I am not using Excel for this... It IS, (along with the future round scheduling) in a word document. But It's not exactly pretty. I'll try and clean it up a hair, and toss it up there... no promises on updating it there, though. My guess is people will look at it and be astonished that it can MEAN anything to someone.geigerm wrote:Kinnison, are you keeping your "big chart" in an Excel spreadsheet (or some other Office document)? If so, you might want to consider posting it to Google Docs so anyone who does actually want to see all the details can do so. Just a suggestion ...
Link to follow ... probably on Tuesday. 9 hours to next shift tonight, followed by 8-hour break between shifts tomorrow... Not my normal schedule this week.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One

