Fixed.Snorri1234 wrote:gt wins thread for number of words in a single post, news at eleven.
I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
- got tonkaed
- Posts: 5034
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 pm
- Location: Detroit
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
as always i have a bit of an issue with brevity. But still, if your goal in the forums is to clearly communicate ideas (rather than win all the time) there shouldnt be a whole lot of a problem with taking the time to make your point.HapSmo19 wrote:Fixed.Snorri1234 wrote:gt wins thread for number of words in a single post, news at eleven.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
I thought I just did.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
::sniff::
GT, that was beautiful...
GT, that was beautiful...
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
- got tonkaed
- Posts: 5034
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 pm
- Location: Detroit
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
you did. As always if you want to talk about an issue id be happy to discuss or debate whatever. If not i have no problem posting my piece when someone else does. You wouldnt be the first person to change my text or to say "oh lots of words" instead of adding to the discussion.HapSmo19 wrote:I thought I just did.
- KoolBak
- Posts: 7413
- Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
Agreed; and I thank those people every chance I get. This is completely different than offering up one's life for a candidate for the presidency my friend. Police, fireman and military folk are engaged in occupations whose goal is the welfare of the populace and comes with inherant risksFrigidus wrote:There are plenty of parents in the armed forces though. The police and fire departments too. Seems there are plenty willing to risk their lives (along with their family unit) for a greater cause. It doesn't take someone who has no responsibilities to be willing to die for something.KoolBak wrote:Interesting thread; the only people in this world I would offer up my life for are my 2 sons. The USA will continue if Braaaack croaks; my family unit would not if I croak....
I assume the shootees here are not parents.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."
Neil Young....Like An Inca
AND:
Neil Young....Like An Inca
AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
The discussion about taking a bullet for a liberal fascist? No thanks. I will however, discuss the idea of implimenting a social program to provide bullets for the so-inclined. Apparently there is a shortage.got tonkaed wrote:you did. As always if you want to talk about an issue id be happy to discuss or debate whatever. If not i have no problem posting my piece when someone else does. You wouldnt be the first person to change my text or to say "oh lots of words" instead of adding to the discussion.HapSmo19 wrote:I thought I just did.
- got tonkaed
- Posts: 5034
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 pm
- Location: Detroit
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
I never said anything about taking a bullet for anyone, i simply asked about policy. You dont really put much out there with a whole lot of substance to it, so i was more or less offering you an open door. Ive made a thread inviting mccain supporters to discuss a variety of issues with me, or anyone in a thread.HapSmo19 wrote:The discussion about taking a bullet for a liberal fascist? No thanks. I will however, discuss the idea of implimenting a social program to provide bullets for the so-inclined. Apparently there is a shortage.got tonkaed wrote:you did. As always if you want to talk about an issue id be happy to discuss or debate whatever. If not i have no problem posting my piece when someone else does. You wouldnt be the first person to change my text or to say "oh lots of words" instead of adding to the discussion.HapSmo19 wrote:I thought I just did.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
I'm putting an argument together, by the way.got tonkaed wrote:I never said anything about taking a bullet for anyone, i simply asked about policy. You dont really put much out there with a whole lot of substance to it, so i was more or less offering you an open door. Ive made a thread inviting mccain supporters to discuss a variety of issues with me, or anyone in a thread.HapSmo19 wrote:The discussion about taking a bullet for a liberal fascist? No thanks. I will however, discuss the idea of implimenting a social program to provide bullets for the so-inclined. Apparently there is a shortage.got tonkaed wrote:you did. As always if you want to talk about an issue id be happy to discuss or debate whatever. If not i have no problem posting my piece when someone else does. You wouldnt be the first person to change my text or to say "oh lots of words" instead of adding to the discussion.HapSmo19 wrote:I thought I just did.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
I found a substance in the condensed version of your post.....
Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
got tonkaed wrote:I too believe...I don’t consider...I also believe...I do believe...I do not think...I believe... I do no believe...I do not believe...I believe that...I cannot help but......who i believe...I think...I don’t see...I see......but i think...I don’t believe......but i do believe...I also believe...I actually think...I find this...I do not think...I do not believe...I don’t believe...I find this... ...i think...I would maintain...I do not think...I don’t believe...I also don’t think...I think......i believe...Id argue......but i don’t think...I suspect......i cannot see...
Of course you do. Check out:got tonkaed wrote:Interestingly enough (invoking Godwins law aside, and the gross overapproximation used in comparing the current Democratic nominee and the Nazi party) I disagree with the analogy as a general rule.
Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
That doesn't even make any sense but, since you've had this "gut feeling" for a year or so over a douche you've never heard of before then, I guess that makes you correct. And besides, what harm can actually come of it in four years? Right?got tonkaed wrote:While certainly gut feelings can be pushed aside temporarily, I don’t consider gut feelings that change every day quite as strong as those that are stuck to.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
There's not really much substance to this post, when you compare the two.HapSmo19 wrote:I found a substance in the condensed version of your post.....
got tonkaed wrote:I too believe...I don’t consider...I also believe...I do believe...I do not think...I believe... I do no believe...I do not believe...I believe that...I cannot help but......who i believe...I think...I don’t see...I see......but i think...I don’t believe......but i do believe...I also believe...I actually think...I find this...I do not think...I do not believe...I don’t believe...I find this... ...i think...I would maintain...I do not think...I don’t believe...I also don’t think...I think......i believe...Id argue......but i don’t think...I suspect......i cannot see...Of course you do. Check out:got tonkaed wrote:Interestingly enough (invoking Godwins law aside, and the gross overapproximation used in comparing the current Democratic nominee and the Nazi party) I disagree with the analogy as a general rule.
Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
That doesn't even make any sense but, since you've had this "gut feeling" for a year or so over a douche you've never heard of before then, I guess that makes you correct. And besides, what harm can actually come of it in four years? Right?got tonkaed wrote:While certainly gut feelings can be pushed aside temporarily, I don’t consider gut feelings that change every day quite as strong as those that are stuck to.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
- got tonkaed
- Posts: 5034
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 pm
- Location: Detroit
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
HapSmo19 wrote:I found a substance in the condensed version of your post.....
got tonkaed wrote:I too believe...I don’t consider...I also believe...I do believe...I do not think...I believe... I do no believe...I do not believe...I believe that...I cannot help but......who i believe...I think...I don’t see...I see......but i think...I don’t believe......but i do believe...I also believe...I actually think...I find this...I do not think...I do not believe...I don’t believe...I find this... ...i think...I would maintain...I do not think...I don’t believe...I also don’t think...I think......i believe...Id argue......but i don’t think...I suspect......i cannot see...Of course you do. Check out:got tonkaed wrote:Interestingly enough (invoking Godwins law aside, and the gross overapproximation used in comparing the current Democratic nominee and the Nazi party) I disagree with the analogy as a general rule.
Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
That doesn't even make any sense but, since you've had this "gut feeling" for a year or so over a douche you've never heard of before then, I guess that makes you correct. And besides, what harm can actually come of it in four years? Right?got tonkaed wrote:While certainly gut feelings can be pushed aside temporarily, I don’t consider gut feelings that change every day quite as strong as those that are stuck to.
I actually think i have a post on these forums where i explain that i disagree with some excerpts of the book. Savage while an interesting and intelligent writer, is at least in my opinion in correct in his views on the left. I havent read the book, though perhaps i will someday, but i dont think i would give it a whole lot of credit as i dont think you can really escape the bias if you don agree with it.
Im not really sure what you are talking about with the gut feelings as i wasnt referring to my own feelings but talking about someone elses.
Again i dont think your doing yourself any favors by not actually arguing anything and trying to cleverly use my quotes. Youd probably say a lot more about yourself if you took the time to share what you thought. Im fairly aware of what i think, and i am pretty comfortable with it. But if you want to follow me around for a while and try and troll around what i say, thats ok, you wouldnt be the first person.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
Jonah Goldberg is the author of Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning.
I forgot to add that.
I forgot to add that.
- got tonkaed
- Posts: 5034
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 pm
- Location: Detroit
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
apologies then it would appear i have gotten my right wing ideologues confused. Im pretty sure it was the excerpt from Goldberg then, not Savage which i have posted on. Either way, its the ideas, not the person which i disagreed with then and now.HapSmo19 wrote:Jonah Goldberg is the author of Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning.
I forgot to add that.
- hammockboy1
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:08 pm
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
Gdeangel, that was inspiring. It really sums up why we cannot risk an Obama administration, especially if the Dems continue to hold onto Congress.
Veni I came
Vidi I saw
Vici I conquered
Caesar
La garde recule. Sauve qui peut! The guard retreats. Save yourself if you can!
Napolean's troops at Waterloo
Which will happen to you?
Vidi I saw
Vici I conquered
Caesar
La garde recule. Sauve qui peut! The guard retreats. Save yourself if you can!
Napolean's troops at Waterloo
Which will happen to you?
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
Really?hammockboy1 wrote:Gdeangel, that was inspiring. It really sums up why we cannot risk an Obama administration, especially if the Dems continue to hold onto Congress.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
sometimes i wonder if people are even aware that fascism has nothing to do with the left... fascism is a far right thing.

Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
It's true. From my experience, the current vernacular connotation of fascism is merely a "bad" or "evil government." It doesn't seem to have much to do with policies or viewpoints.daydream wrote:sometimes i wonder if people are even aware that fascism has nothing to do with the left... fascism is a far right thing.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
Oh ho, silly HapSmo, gt can hardly be considered a lefty. Amazingly enough, there are more options than left or right. Trying to bait him with a "well, your side is FASCIST PIG" argument won't work!HapSmo19 wrote:I found a substance in the condensed version of your post.....
got tonkaed wrote:I too believe...I don’t consider...I also believe...I do believe...I do not think...I believe... I do no believe...I do not believe...I believe that...I cannot help but......who i believe...I think...I don’t see...I see......but i think...I don’t believe......but i do believe...I also believe...I actually think...I find this...I do not think...I do not believe...I don’t believe...I find this... ...i think...I would maintain...I do not think...I don’t believe...I also don’t think...I think......i believe...Id argue......but i don’t think...I suspect......i cannot see...Of course you do. Check out:got tonkaed wrote:Interestingly enough (invoking Godwins law aside, and the gross overapproximation used in comparing the current Democratic nominee and the Nazi party) I disagree with the analogy as a general rule.
Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
That doesn't even make any sense but, since you've had this "gut feeling" for a year or so over a douche you've never heard of before then, I guess that makes you correct. And besides, what harm can actually come of it in four years? Right?got tonkaed wrote:While certainly gut feelings can be pushed aside temporarily, I don’t consider gut feelings that change every day quite as strong as those that are stuck to.
- Snorri1234
- Posts: 3438
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am
- Location: Right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo.
- Contact:
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
No no, fascism is a nationalistic authoritarian thing. It has nothing to do with either right or left.daydream wrote:sometimes i wonder if people are even aware that fascism has nothing to do with the left... fascism is a far right thing.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
- pimpdave
- Posts: 1082
- Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: I Would Take a Bullet for Barack Obama
I'm so glad that this thread avoided being merged. Please don't merge it.


jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
