Lyrics War
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- UselessTriviaMan
- Posts: 520
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midwest... or Middle Earth. Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.
- Contact:
Diercks Bentley - Lot of Leavin' Left to Do
These old boots still got a lot of ground
they ain’t covered yet
There’s at least another million miles
under these old bus treads
So if you think I’m gonnna settle down
I‘ve got news for you
I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
And as long as there’s a song
Left in this old guitar
This life I’m bound to lead
Ain’t for the faint of heart
So you won’t fall for me
if you know what’s good for you
‘cause I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
I guess the Lord made me hard to handle
So lovin’ me might be a long shot gamble
So before you go and turn me on
Be sure that you can turn me loose
‘cause I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
Girl, you look like you might be an angel
So I won’t lie
I could love you like the devil
if you wanted me to tonight
And we could talk about forever for a day or two
But I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
I guess the Lord made me hard to handle
So lovin’ me might be a long shot gamble
So before you go and turn me on
Be sure that you can turn me loose
‘cause I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
Yeah, I still got a leavin’ left to do
These old boots still got a lot of ground
they ain’t covered yet
There’s at least another million miles
under these old bus treads
So if you think I’m gonnna settle down
I‘ve got news for you
I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
And as long as there’s a song
Left in this old guitar
This life I’m bound to lead
Ain’t for the faint of heart
So you won’t fall for me
if you know what’s good for you
‘cause I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
I guess the Lord made me hard to handle
So lovin’ me might be a long shot gamble
So before you go and turn me on
Be sure that you can turn me loose
‘cause I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
Girl, you look like you might be an angel
So I won’t lie
I could love you like the devil
if you wanted me to tonight
And we could talk about forever for a day or two
But I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
I guess the Lord made me hard to handle
So lovin’ me might be a long shot gamble
So before you go and turn me on
Be sure that you can turn me loose
‘cause I still got a lot of leavin’ left to do
Yeah, I still got a leavin’ left to do

Midnight Train to Georgia
L.A. proved too much for the man,
So he's leavin' the life he's come to know,
He said he's goin' back to find
Ooh, what's left of his world,
The world he left behind
Not so long ago.
He's leaving,
On that midnight train to Georgia,
And he's goin' back
To a simpler place and time.
And I'll be with him
On that midnight train to Georgia,
I'd rather live in his world
Than live without him in mine.
He kept dreamin'
That someday he'd be a star.
But he sure found out the hard way
That dreams don't always come true.
So he pawned all his hopes
and he even sold his old car
Bought a one way ticket
To the life he once knew,
Oh yes he did,
He said he would
Be leavin
On that midnight train to Georgia,
And he's goin' back
To a simpler place and time.
And I'll be with him
On that midnight train to Georgia,
I'd rather live in his world
Than live without him in mine.
Go, gonna board, gonna board,
Gonna board the midnight train.
Gotta go, gonna board
Gonna board
Gonna board the midnight train
L.A. proved too much for the man,
So he's leavin' the life he's come to know,
He said he's goin' back to find
Ooh, what's left of his world,
The world he left behind
Not so long ago.
He's leaving,
On that midnight train to Georgia,
And he's goin' back
To a simpler place and time.
And I'll be with him
On that midnight train to Georgia,
I'd rather live in his world
Than live without him in mine.
He kept dreamin'
That someday he'd be a star.
But he sure found out the hard way
That dreams don't always come true.
So he pawned all his hopes
and he even sold his old car
Bought a one way ticket
To the life he once knew,
Oh yes he did,
He said he would
Be leavin
On that midnight train to Georgia,
And he's goin' back
To a simpler place and time.
And I'll be with him
On that midnight train to Georgia,
I'd rather live in his world
Than live without him in mine.
Go, gonna board, gonna board,
Gonna board the midnight train.
Gotta go, gonna board
Gonna board
Gonna board the midnight train
Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
Georgia, Georgia,
The whole day through
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
I'm say Georgia
Georgia
A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
I said Georgia,
Ooh Georgia, no peace I find
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
Georgia,
Georgia,
No peace, no peace I find
Just this old, sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
I said just an old sweet song,
Keeps Georgia on my mind
Georgia, Georgia,
The whole day through
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
I'm say Georgia
Georgia
A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
I said Georgia,
Ooh Georgia, no peace I find
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
Georgia,
Georgia,
No peace, no peace I find
Just this old, sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
I said just an old sweet song,
Keeps Georgia on my mind
- UselessTriviaMan
- Posts: 520
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midwest... or Middle Earth. Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.
- Contact:
Otis Redding - Dock of the Bay
Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
I left my home in Georgia
Headed for the 'Frisco bay
'Cause I've had nothing to live for
And look like nothin's gonna come my way
So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes
Sittin' here resting my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
It's two thousand miles I roamed
Just to make this dock my home
Now, I'm just gonna sit at the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Oooo-wee, sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
(whistle)
Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
I left my home in Georgia
Headed for the 'Frisco bay
'Cause I've had nothing to live for
And look like nothin's gonna come my way
So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes
Sittin' here resting my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
It's two thousand miles I roamed
Just to make this dock my home
Now, I'm just gonna sit at the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Oooo-wee, sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
(whistle)

1. If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there
2. For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a loving day
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair
Intro.: All across the nation, such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole generation with a new explanation
People in motion, people in motion
3. For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in their hair
If you come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a loving day
Extro.: If you come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a loving day
Scott McKenzie
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there
2. For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a loving day
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair
Intro.: All across the nation, such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole generation with a new explanation
People in motion, people in motion
3. For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in their hair
If you come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a loving day
Extro.: If you come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a loving day
Scott McKenzie
- sam_levi_11
- Posts: 2872
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:48 pm
- Gender: Male
Re:
suggs wrote:This one is dedicated to Sam levi.
He's just toO good looking...I'm jealous, THATS ALL![]()
The Boy Racer - Morrissey.
He's just too good-natured and
He's got too much money and
He's got too many friends
I'm jealous, that's all
Have you seen him go, though, oh ?
Have you seen him go, though, oh ?
Boy racer
Boy racer, oh
We're gonna kill this pretty thing
Boy racer
Boy racer, oh
We're gonna kill this pretty thing
He's got too many friends
He thinks he owns this city
He overspeeds and he never gets pulled over
Have you seen him go, though, oh ?
Have you seen him go, though, oh ?
Boy racer
Boy racer, oh
We're gonna kill this pretty thing
Boy racer
Boy racer, oh
We're gonna kill this pretty thing
He thinks he got the whole world in his hands
Stood at the urinal
He thinks he got the whole world in his hands
And I'm gonna ... kill him !
omg iv just seen this......HAHAHAHAHA thanks suggs
Re: Lyrics War
- Speed Racer
Here he comes
Here comes Speed Racer
He's a demon on wheels
He's a demon and he's gonna be chasin' after someone.
He's gainin' on you so you better look alive.
He's busy revvin' up a powerful Mach 5.
And when the odds are against him
And there's dangerous work to do
You bet your life Speed Racer
Will see it through.
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer, Go!
He's off and flyin' as he guns the car around the track
He's jammin' down the pedal like he's never comin' back
Adventure's waitin' just ahead.
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer, Go!
Here he comes
Here comes Speed Racer
He's a demon on wheels
He's a demon and he's gonna be chasin' after someone.
He's gainin' on you so you better look alive.
He's busy revvin' up a powerful Mach 5.
And when the odds are against him
And there's dangerous work to do
You bet your life Speed Racer
Will see it through.
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer, Go!
He's off and flyin' as he guns the car around the track
He's jammin' down the pedal like he's never comin' back
Adventure's waitin' just ahead.
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer, Go!
- sam_levi_11
- Posts: 2872
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:48 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Lyrics War
Streetcar by Funeral For A Friend
[Number dialed]
(Hello!?)
And there's the rub, we can talk for a while
But I have sweet nothings to say
You don't want me anyway, you don't want me anyway
So why, why should I stay?
So goodbye to you and your life
Your new best friends, your confidence
And I'll be here when you get home
Sitting halfway, away from nowhere
Praying for our lips to touch
Holding myself for a second
Just to catch you smile on this line
So goodbye to you and your life (two months, eight weeks)
Your new best friends, your confidence (turn my hours into days)
And I'll be here when you get home (when you get home)
So goodbye to you and your life (two months, eight weeks)
Your new best friends, your confidence (turn my hours into days)
And I'll be here when you get home, when you get home
[Voices:] I can't feel the same about you anymore
I can't feel the same about you anymore
I can't feel the same about you anymore
I can't feel the same about you anymore [many times]
Is it just like you said it would be (it's never easy),
I can't feel this way about you anymore
Is it just like you said it would be (it's never easy),
I can't feel the same
I can't feel this way,
I can't feel the same about you anymore (it's never easy)
About you anymore (it's never easy)
No, I can't feel this way
I can't feel the same about you anymore (it's never easy)
About you anymore (it's never easy)
About you anymore
[Dial tone]
[Number dialed]
(Hello!?)
And there's the rub, we can talk for a while
But I have sweet nothings to say
You don't want me anyway, you don't want me anyway
So why, why should I stay?
So goodbye to you and your life
Your new best friends, your confidence
And I'll be here when you get home
Sitting halfway, away from nowhere
Praying for our lips to touch
Holding myself for a second
Just to catch you smile on this line
So goodbye to you and your life (two months, eight weeks)
Your new best friends, your confidence (turn my hours into days)
And I'll be here when you get home (when you get home)
So goodbye to you and your life (two months, eight weeks)
Your new best friends, your confidence (turn my hours into days)
And I'll be here when you get home, when you get home
[Voices:] I can't feel the same about you anymore
I can't feel the same about you anymore
I can't feel the same about you anymore
I can't feel the same about you anymore [many times]
Is it just like you said it would be (it's never easy),
I can't feel this way about you anymore
Is it just like you said it would be (it's never easy),
I can't feel the same
I can't feel this way,
I can't feel the same about you anymore (it's never easy)
About you anymore (it's never easy)
No, I can't feel this way
I can't feel the same about you anymore (it's never easy)
About you anymore (it's never easy)
About you anymore
[Dial tone]
Re: Lyrics War
Leaving On A Jet Plane
All my bags are packed
Im ready to go
Im standin here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin
Its early morn
The taxis waitin
Hes blowin his horn
Already Im so lonesome
I could die
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go
cause Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Theres so many times Ive let you down
So many times Ive played around
I tell you now, they dont mean a thing
Evry place I go, Ill think of you
Evry song I sing, Ill sing for you
When I come back, Ill bring your wedding ring
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go
cause Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Now the time has come to leave you
One more time
Let me kiss you
Then close your eyes
Ill be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I wont have to leave alone
About the times, I wont have to say
Oh, kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go
cause Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
But, Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Words and music by john denver
All my bags are packed
Im ready to go
Im standin here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin
Its early morn
The taxis waitin
Hes blowin his horn
Already Im so lonesome
I could die
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go
cause Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Theres so many times Ive let you down
So many times Ive played around
I tell you now, they dont mean a thing
Evry place I go, Ill think of you
Evry song I sing, Ill sing for you
When I come back, Ill bring your wedding ring
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go
cause Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Now the time has come to leave you
One more time
Let me kiss you
Then close your eyes
Ill be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I wont have to leave alone
About the times, I wont have to say
Oh, kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go
cause Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
But, Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Words and music by john denver
Re: Lyrics War
Fly Me To The Moon - Bart Howard
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you
Re: Lyrics War
The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
Bill, I love you so, I always will
I look at you and see the passion eyes of May
Oh, but am I ever gonna see my wedding day
I was on your side Bill when you were loosin'
I never scheme or lie Bill, there's been no foolin'
But kisses and love won't carry me till you marry me Bill
I love you so, I always will
And in your voice I hear a choir of carousels
Oh, but am I ever gonna hear my wedding bells
I was the one who came runnin' when you were lonely
I haven't lived one day not lovin' you only
But kisses and love won't carry me til you marry me Bill
I love you so, I always will
And though devotion rules my heart I take no bows
But Bill you're never gonna take those wedding vows
Oh, come on Bill
Oh, come on Bill
Come on and marry me Bill
I got the wedding bell blues
Please marry me Bill
I got the wedding bell blues
Marry me Bill
Bill, I love you so, I always will
I look at you and see the passion eyes of May
Oh, but am I ever gonna see my wedding day
I was on your side Bill when you were loosin'
I never scheme or lie Bill, there's been no foolin'
But kisses and love won't carry me till you marry me Bill
I love you so, I always will
And in your voice I hear a choir of carousels
Oh, but am I ever gonna hear my wedding bells
I was the one who came runnin' when you were lonely
I haven't lived one day not lovin' you only
But kisses and love won't carry me til you marry me Bill
I love you so, I always will
And though devotion rules my heart I take no bows
But Bill you're never gonna take those wedding vows
Oh, come on Bill
Oh, come on Bill
Come on and marry me Bill
I got the wedding bell blues
Please marry me Bill
I got the wedding bell blues
Marry me Bill
Re: Lyrics War
Running Gun Blues - David Bowie
I count the corpses on my left, I find I'm not so tidy
So I better get away, better make it today
I've cut twenty-three down since Friday
But I can't control it, my face is drawn
My instinct still emotes it
I slash them cold, I kill them dead
I broke the gooks, I cracked their heads
I'll bomb them out from under the beds
But now I've got the running gun blues
It seems the peacefuls stopped the war
Left generals squashed and stifled
But I'll slip out again tonight
Cause they haven't taken back my rifle
For I promote oblivion
And I'll plug a few civilians
I'll slash them cold, I'll kill them dead
I'll break them gooks, I'll crack their heads
I'll slice them till they're running red
But now I've got the running gun blues
I count the corpses on my left, I find I'm not so tidy
So I better get away, better make it today
I've cut twenty-three down since Friday
But I can't control it, my face is drawn
My instinct still emotes it
I slash them cold, I kill them dead
I broke the gooks, I cracked their heads
I'll bomb them out from under the beds
But now I've got the running gun blues
It seems the peacefuls stopped the war
Left generals squashed and stifled
But I'll slip out again tonight
Cause they haven't taken back my rifle
For I promote oblivion
And I'll plug a few civilians
I'll slash them cold, I'll kill them dead
I'll break them gooks, I'll crack their heads
I'll slice them till they're running red
But now I've got the running gun blues
Re: Lyrics War
ARTIST: Julie Brown
TITLE: The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun
Lyrics
Hooooo - It was homecoming night at my high school
Hooooo - Everyone was there, it was totally cool
Hooooo - I was real excited, I almost wet my jeans
Hooooo - 'Cause my best friend Debbie was homecoming queen
She looked so pretty in pink chiffon, chiffon
Riding the float with her tiara on, tiara on
Holding this humongous bouquet in her hand, bouquet
She looked straight out of Disneyland
You know, like the Cinderella ride, I mean definitely an E ticket, E
ticket
The crowd was cheering, everyone was stoked, was stoked
I mean it was like the whole school was totally coked or something
The band was playing Evergreen
And all of a sudden somebody screamed
Look out! The homecoming queen's got a gun!
{Refrain}
Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a gun
Debbie's smiling and waving her gun
Picking off cheerleaders one by one
Oh Buffie's pompom just blew to bits
Oh no, Mitzie's head just did the splits
God, my best friend's on a shooting spree
Stop it, Debbie, you're embarrassing me
How could you do what you just did
Are you having a really bad period
{Refrain}
Stop Debbie, you're making a mess
Powder burns all over your dress
An hour later the cops arrived
By then the entire glee club had died, no big loss
You wouldn't believe what they brought to stop her
Tear gas, machine guns, even a chopper
"Throw down your gun and tiara and come out of the float"
Debbie didn't listen to what the cop said
She aimed and fired and now the math teacher's dead
Oh it's really sad but kind of a relief
I mean, we had this big test coming up next week
{Refrain}
Debbie's really having a blast
She's wasting half of the class
The cops fired a warning shot that blew her off the float
I tried to scream "duck" but it stuck in my throat
She hit the ground and did a flip, it was real acrobatic
But I was crying so hard I couldn't work my Instamatic
I ran down to Debbie, I had to find out
What made her do it, why'd she freak out
I saw the bullet had got her right in the ear
I knew then the end was near
So I ran down and I said, in her good ear, "Debbie, why'd you do it?" She raised her head, smiled, and said "I - I did it for Johnny." Johnny? Well like who's Johnny? Answer me, Debbie, who's Johnny? Does anybody here know Johnny? Are you Johnny? There was one guy named Johnny but he was a total geek, he always had food in his braces. Answer me, Debbie, who's Johnny? Oh God this is like that movie Citizen Kane you know where you later find out Rosebud was a sled? But we'll never know who Johnny was because like she's dead.
Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a
Everybody run
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a
TITLE: The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun
Lyrics
Hooooo - It was homecoming night at my high school
Hooooo - Everyone was there, it was totally cool
Hooooo - I was real excited, I almost wet my jeans
Hooooo - 'Cause my best friend Debbie was homecoming queen
She looked so pretty in pink chiffon, chiffon
Riding the float with her tiara on, tiara on
Holding this humongous bouquet in her hand, bouquet
She looked straight out of Disneyland
You know, like the Cinderella ride, I mean definitely an E ticket, E
ticket
The crowd was cheering, everyone was stoked, was stoked
I mean it was like the whole school was totally coked or something
The band was playing Evergreen
And all of a sudden somebody screamed
Look out! The homecoming queen's got a gun!
{Refrain}
Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a gun
Debbie's smiling and waving her gun
Picking off cheerleaders one by one
Oh Buffie's pompom just blew to bits
Oh no, Mitzie's head just did the splits
God, my best friend's on a shooting spree
Stop it, Debbie, you're embarrassing me
How could you do what you just did
Are you having a really bad period
{Refrain}
Stop Debbie, you're making a mess
Powder burns all over your dress
An hour later the cops arrived
By then the entire glee club had died, no big loss
You wouldn't believe what they brought to stop her
Tear gas, machine guns, even a chopper
"Throw down your gun and tiara and come out of the float"
Debbie didn't listen to what the cop said
She aimed and fired and now the math teacher's dead
Oh it's really sad but kind of a relief
I mean, we had this big test coming up next week
{Refrain}
Debbie's really having a blast
She's wasting half of the class
The cops fired a warning shot that blew her off the float
I tried to scream "duck" but it stuck in my throat
She hit the ground and did a flip, it was real acrobatic
But I was crying so hard I couldn't work my Instamatic
I ran down to Debbie, I had to find out
What made her do it, why'd she freak out
I saw the bullet had got her right in the ear
I knew then the end was near
So I ran down and I said, in her good ear, "Debbie, why'd you do it?" She raised her head, smiled, and said "I - I did it for Johnny." Johnny? Well like who's Johnny? Answer me, Debbie, who's Johnny? Does anybody here know Johnny? Are you Johnny? There was one guy named Johnny but he was a total geek, he always had food in his braces. Answer me, Debbie, who's Johnny? Oh God this is like that movie Citizen Kane you know where you later find out Rosebud was a sled? But we'll never know who Johnny was because like she's dead.
Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a
Everybody run
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a
Re: Lyrics War
Jeremy - Pearl Jam
At home
Drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
The dead lay in pools of maroon below
Daddy didn't give attention
To the fact that mommy didn't care
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
Clearly I remember
Pickin' on the boy
Seemed a harmless little f*ck
Oh, but we unleashed a lion
Gnashed his teeth
And bit the recess lady's breast
How could I forget
He hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurtin
Oh, dropped wide open
Just like the day
Like the day I heard
Daddy didn't give affection
And the boy was something mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
Try to forget this... (try to forget this)
Try to erase this... (try to erase this)
From the blackboard
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
At home
Drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
The dead lay in pools of maroon below
Daddy didn't give attention
To the fact that mommy didn't care
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
Clearly I remember
Pickin' on the boy
Seemed a harmless little f*ck
Oh, but we unleashed a lion
Gnashed his teeth
And bit the recess lady's breast
How could I forget
He hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurtin
Oh, dropped wide open
Just like the day
Like the day I heard
Daddy didn't give affection
And the boy was something mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
Try to forget this... (try to forget this)
Try to erase this... (try to erase this)
From the blackboard
Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today
Re: Lyrics War
No More Kings-SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK
Rockin' and rollin', splishin' and a-splashin',
Over the horizon, what can it be?
The pilgrims sailed the sea
To find a place to call their own.
In their ship, Mayflower,
They hoped to find a better home.
They finally knocked
On Plymouth Rock
And someone said, "We're there."
It may not look like home
But at this point I don't care.
Oh, they were missimg Mother England,
They swore their loyalty until the very end.
Anything you say, King,
It's OK, King,
You know it's kinda scary on your own.
Gonna build a new land
The way we planned.
Could you help us run it till it's grown?
They planted corn, you know
They built their houses one by one,
And bit by bit they worked
Until the colonies were done.
They looked around,
Yeah, up and down,
And someone said, "Hurray!"
If the king could only see us now
He would be proud of us today.
They knew that now they'd run their own land,
But George the Third still vowed
He'd rule them to the end.
Anything I say, do it my way now.
Anything I say, do it my way.
Don't you get to feeling independent
'Cause I'm gonna force you to obey.
He taxed their property,
He didn't give them any choice,
And back in England
He didn't give them any voice.
(That's called taxation without representation,
And it's not fair!)
But when the Colonies complained
The king said: "I don't care!"
He even has the nerve
To tax our cup of tea.
To put it kindly, King,
We really don't agree.
Gonna show you how we feel.
We're gonna dump this tea
And turn this harbor into
The biggest cup of tea in history!
They wanted no more Mother England.
They knew the time had come
For them to take command.
It's very clear you're being unfair, King,
No matter what you say, we won't obey.
Gonna hold a revolution now, King,
And we're gonna run it all our way
With no more kings...
We're gonna elect a president! (No more kings)
He's gonna do what the people want! (No more kings)
We're gonna run things our way! (No more kings)
Nobody's gonna tell us what to do!
Rockin' and rollin', splishin' and a-splashing,
Over the horizon, what can it be?
Looks like it's going to be a free country.
(Applause)
Rockin' and rollin', splishin' and a-splashin',
Over the horizon, what can it be?
The pilgrims sailed the sea
To find a place to call their own.
In their ship, Mayflower,
They hoped to find a better home.
They finally knocked
On Plymouth Rock
And someone said, "We're there."
It may not look like home
But at this point I don't care.
Oh, they were missimg Mother England,
They swore their loyalty until the very end.
Anything you say, King,
It's OK, King,
You know it's kinda scary on your own.
Gonna build a new land
The way we planned.
Could you help us run it till it's grown?
They planted corn, you know
They built their houses one by one,
And bit by bit they worked
Until the colonies were done.
They looked around,
Yeah, up and down,
And someone said, "Hurray!"
If the king could only see us now
He would be proud of us today.
They knew that now they'd run their own land,
But George the Third still vowed
He'd rule them to the end.
Anything I say, do it my way now.
Anything I say, do it my way.
Don't you get to feeling independent
'Cause I'm gonna force you to obey.
He taxed their property,
He didn't give them any choice,
And back in England
He didn't give them any voice.
(That's called taxation without representation,
And it's not fair!)
But when the Colonies complained
The king said: "I don't care!"
He even has the nerve
To tax our cup of tea.
To put it kindly, King,
We really don't agree.
Gonna show you how we feel.
We're gonna dump this tea
And turn this harbor into
The biggest cup of tea in history!
They wanted no more Mother England.
They knew the time had come
For them to take command.
It's very clear you're being unfair, King,
No matter what you say, we won't obey.
Gonna hold a revolution now, King,
And we're gonna run it all our way
With no more kings...
We're gonna elect a president! (No more kings)
He's gonna do what the people want! (No more kings)
We're gonna run things our way! (No more kings)
Nobody's gonna tell us what to do!
Rockin' and rollin', splishin' and a-splashing,
Over the horizon, what can it be?
Looks like it's going to be a free country.
(Applause)
Re: Lyrics War
Anarchy In The UK- Sex Pistols
Lyrics:
Right ! now ! ha ha ha ha ha
I am an antichrist
I am an anarchist
Dont know what I want but
I know how to get it
I wanna destroy the passer by cos i
I wanna be anarchy !
No dogs body
Anarchy for the u.k its coming sometime and maybe
I give a wrong time stop a trafic line
Your future dream is a shopping scheme cos i
I wanna be anarchy !
In the city
How many ways to get what you want
I use the best I use the rest
I use the enemy I use anarchy cos i
I wanna be anarchy !
The only way to be !
Is this the m.p.l.a
Or is this the u.d.a
Or is this the i.r.a
I thought it was the u.k or just
Another country
Another council tenancy
I wanna be an anarchist
Oh what a name
Get pissed destroy !
Lyrics:
Right ! now ! ha ha ha ha ha
I am an antichrist
I am an anarchist
Dont know what I want but
I know how to get it
I wanna destroy the passer by cos i
I wanna be anarchy !
No dogs body
Anarchy for the u.k its coming sometime and maybe
I give a wrong time stop a trafic line
Your future dream is a shopping scheme cos i
I wanna be anarchy !
In the city
How many ways to get what you want
I use the best I use the rest
I use the enemy I use anarchy cos i
I wanna be anarchy !
The only way to be !
Is this the m.p.l.a
Or is this the u.d.a
Or is this the i.r.a
I thought it was the u.k or just
Another country
Another council tenancy
I wanna be an anarchist
Oh what a name
Get pissed destroy !
Re: Lyrics War
Song: DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOVE HIM
MARY MAGDALENE
I don't know how to love him.
What to do, how to move him.
I've been changed, yes really changed.
In these past few days, when I've seen myself,
I seem like someone else.
I don't know how to take this.
I don't see why he moves me.
He's a man. He's just a man.
And I've had so many men before,
In very many ways,
He's just one more.
Should I bring him down?
Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love,
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Don't you think it's rather funny,
I should be in this position.
I'm the one who's always been
So calm, so cool, no lover's fool,
Running every show.
He scares me so.
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Yet, if he said he loved me,
I'd be lost. I'd be frightened.
I couldn't cope, just couldn't cope.
I'd turn my head. I'd back away.
I wouldn't want to know.
He scares me so.
I want him so.
I love him so.
MARY MAGDALENE
I don't know how to love him.
What to do, how to move him.
I've been changed, yes really changed.
In these past few days, when I've seen myself,
I seem like someone else.
I don't know how to take this.
I don't see why he moves me.
He's a man. He's just a man.
And I've had so many men before,
In very many ways,
He's just one more.
Should I bring him down?
Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love,
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Don't you think it's rather funny,
I should be in this position.
I'm the one who's always been
So calm, so cool, no lover's fool,
Running every show.
He scares me so.
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Yet, if he said he loved me,
I'd be lost. I'd be frightened.
I couldn't cope, just couldn't cope.
I'd turn my head. I'd back away.
I wouldn't want to know.
He scares me so.
I want him so.
I love him so.
- UselessTriviaMan
- Posts: 520
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midwest... or Middle Earth. Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.
- Contact:
Re: Lyrics War
In this life I've seen everything I can see woman,
I've seen lovers flying through the air hand in hand
I've seen babies dancing in the midnight sun,
And I've seen dreams that came from the heavenly skies above
I've seen old men crying at their own grave sides
And I've seen pigs all sitting watching, picture slides
But I never seen nothing like you.
Do ya do ya want my love (woman)?
Do ya do ya want my face (I need it)?
Do ya do ya want my mind (I'm saying)?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Well I, heard the crowd singin' out of tune,
As they, sat and sang Auld Lang Syne by the light of the moon
I heard the preachers bangin' on the drums,
And I heard the police playin' with their guns
But I never heard nothin' like you.
In the country where the sky touches down
On the field, she lay her down to rest
In the morning sun,
They come a'runnin' just to get a look, just to
Feel to touch her long black hair they don't give a damn
Do ya do ya want my love (woman)?
Do ya do ya want my face (I need it)?
Do ya do ya want my mind (I'm saying)?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Well I think you know what I'm trying to say woman,
That is I'd like to save you for a rainy day,
I've seen enough of the world to know,
That I've got to get it all to get it all to grow.
Do ya do ya want my love (come on now)?
Do ya do ya want my face (I need it)?
Do ya do ya want my mind (all right now)?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Oh look out
Do ya do ya want my love?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Do Ya - ELO
I've seen lovers flying through the air hand in hand
I've seen babies dancing in the midnight sun,
And I've seen dreams that came from the heavenly skies above
I've seen old men crying at their own grave sides
And I've seen pigs all sitting watching, picture slides
But I never seen nothing like you.
Do ya do ya want my love (woman)?
Do ya do ya want my face (I need it)?
Do ya do ya want my mind (I'm saying)?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Well I, heard the crowd singin' out of tune,
As they, sat and sang Auld Lang Syne by the light of the moon
I heard the preachers bangin' on the drums,
And I heard the police playin' with their guns
But I never heard nothin' like you.
In the country where the sky touches down
On the field, she lay her down to rest
In the morning sun,
They come a'runnin' just to get a look, just to
Feel to touch her long black hair they don't give a damn
Do ya do ya want my love (woman)?
Do ya do ya want my face (I need it)?
Do ya do ya want my mind (I'm saying)?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Well I think you know what I'm trying to say woman,
That is I'd like to save you for a rainy day,
I've seen enough of the world to know,
That I've got to get it all to get it all to grow.
Do ya do ya want my love (come on now)?
Do ya do ya want my face (I need it)?
Do ya do ya want my mind (all right now)?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Oh look out
Do ya do ya want my love?
Do ya do ya want my love?
Do Ya - ELO

Re: Lyrics War
Cut the Mullet
Wesley Willis (R.I.P.)
Do something about your long, filthy hair
It looks like a rat's nest
Do something about your mullet
Get out the hair clippers, jerk
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Get the rat's nest off your head
Get that crazy-ass mother off your skull
Take your ass to the barber shop
Tell the barber that you're sick of looking like an asshole
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
The mullet is the reason why people hate you
They are sick of looking at your nappy weed-sack
Nobody wants to look at you with that mullet on your head
Why don't you cut that mullet, you numbskull
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Insure One, it's the insurance superstore
Wesley Willis (R.I.P.)
Do something about your long, filthy hair
It looks like a rat's nest
Do something about your mullet
Get out the hair clippers, jerk
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Get the rat's nest off your head
Get that crazy-ass mother off your skull
Take your ass to the barber shop
Tell the barber that you're sick of looking like an asshole
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
The mullet is the reason why people hate you
They are sick of looking at your nappy weed-sack
Nobody wants to look at you with that mullet on your head
Why don't you cut that mullet, you numbskull
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Cut the mullet
Insure One, it's the insurance superstore

Re: Lyrics War
Hair
She asks me why...I'm just a hairy guy
I'm hairy noon and night; Hair that's a fright.
I'm hairy high and low,
Don't ask me why; don't know!
It's not for lack of bread
Like the Grateful Dead; darling
Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there, hair!
Shoulder length, longer (hair!)
Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy
CHORUS:
Hair! (hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair)
Flow it, Show it;
Long as God can grow it, My Hair!
Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for bees
A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my
CHORUS
I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy, shining
Gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted; Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled and spaghettied!
O-oh, Say can you see; my eyes if you can,
Then my hair's too short!
Down to here, down to there,
Down to where, down to there;
It stops by itself!
doo doo doo doo doot-doot doo doo doot
They'll be ga-ga at the go-go
when they see me in my toga
My toga made of blond, brilliantined, Biblical hair
My hair like Jesus wore it
Hallelujah I adore it
Hallelujah Mary loved her son
Why don't my Mother love me?
She asks me why...I'm just a hairy guy
I'm hairy noon and night; Hair that's a fright.
I'm hairy high and low,
Don't ask me why; don't know!
It's not for lack of bread
Like the Grateful Dead; darling
Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there, hair!
Shoulder length, longer (hair!)
Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy
CHORUS:
Hair! (hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair)
Flow it, Show it;
Long as God can grow it, My Hair!
Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for bees
A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my
CHORUS
I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy, shining
Gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted; Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled and spaghettied!
O-oh, Say can you see; my eyes if you can,
Then my hair's too short!
Down to here, down to there,
Down to where, down to there;
It stops by itself!
doo doo doo doo doot-doot doo doo doot
They'll be ga-ga at the go-go
when they see me in my toga
My toga made of blond, brilliantined, Biblical hair
My hair like Jesus wore it
Hallelujah I adore it
Hallelujah Mary loved her son
Why don't my Mother love me?
Re: Lyrics War
Hair Down
Conversations that went on terrible paths
don't talk about that
No no, don't talk about that
We're coming back loud
and end this conversation
Said you let your hair down
you got enough to go round, oh mine
Said you let your hair down
but you've been telling me that since the day we meet
She's laughing like a choir girl
She's laughing like a choir girl
She's laughing like a choir girl
when she doubles over sounds like Hallelujah
She's talking to my mother
She's on the phone with my mother
She's talking to my mother
She's looking up at me like I'm a criminal
She bargains like a lawyer
sacrifice like a martyr
She's just her mother's daughter
cutting cloth and washing a pan
Man, we were still just babies
dreaming of the sixties
Man, we were still just babies
dressing up in rags with our wallets full
Now our pockets are shallow
our quart running low
I saw their empty but I'm just a fool
A woman in the kitchen told me that true love it waits
but of all the rules he lives by that's the one that he hates
Conversations that went on terrible paths
don't talk about that
No no, don't talk about that
We're coming back loud
and end this conversation
Said you let your hair down
you got enough to go round, oh mine
Said you let your hair down
but you've been telling me that since the day we meet
She's laughing like a choir girl
She's laughing like a choir girl
She's laughing like a choir girl
when she doubles over sounds like Hallelujah
She's talking to my mother
She's on the phone with my mother
She's talking to my mother
She's looking up at me like I'm a criminal
She bargains like a lawyer
sacrifice like a martyr
She's just her mother's daughter
cutting cloth and washing a pan
Man, we were still just babies
dreaming of the sixties
Man, we were still just babies
dressing up in rags with our wallets full
Now our pockets are shallow
our quart running low
I saw their empty but I'm just a fool
A woman in the kitchen told me that true love it waits
but of all the rules he lives by that's the one that he hates
Re: Lyrics War
"Who's That Girl" Madonna
Who's that girl, who's that girl
When you see her, say a prayer and kiss your heart goodbye
She's trouble, in a word get closer to the fire
Run faster, her laughter burns you up inside
You're spinning round and round
You can't get up, you try but you can't
[Chorus:]
Quien es esa nina, who's that girl
Senorita, mas fina, who's that girl
Quien es esa nina, who's that girl
Senorita, mas fina, who's that girl
You try to avoid her, fate is in your hands
She's smiling, an invitation to the dance
Her heart is on the street, tu corazon es suyo
Now you're falling at her feet
You try to get away but you can't
[chorus]
[Intermediate:]
Light up my life, so blind I can't see
Light up my life, no one can help me now
Run faster, her laughter burns you up inside
He's spinning round and round
You can't get up, you try but you can't
[chorus]
[intermediate]
Who's that girl
Now, who's that girl
Now, who's that girl
Now, who's that girl
[chorus]
Who's that girl, who's that girl
When you see her, say a prayer and kiss your heart goodbye
She's trouble, in a word get closer to the fire
Run faster, her laughter burns you up inside
You're spinning round and round
You can't get up, you try but you can't
[Chorus:]
Quien es esa nina, who's that girl
Senorita, mas fina, who's that girl
Quien es esa nina, who's that girl
Senorita, mas fina, who's that girl
You try to avoid her, fate is in your hands
She's smiling, an invitation to the dance
Her heart is on the street, tu corazon es suyo
Now you're falling at her feet
You try to get away but you can't
[chorus]
[Intermediate:]
Light up my life, so blind I can't see
Light up my life, no one can help me now
Run faster, her laughter burns you up inside
He's spinning round and round
You can't get up, you try but you can't
[chorus]
[intermediate]
Who's that girl
Now, who's that girl
Now, who's that girl
Now, who's that girl
[chorus]
- UselessTriviaMan
- Posts: 520
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midwest... or Middle Earth. Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.
- Contact:
Re: Lyrics War
Well, just-a look at that girl with the lights comin' up in her eyes.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
All the guys on the corner stand back and let her walk on by.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She's so fine.
She's probably somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's probably somebody's baby, all right.
I heard her talkin' with her friend when she thought nobody else was around.
She said she's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
'Cause when the cars and the signs and the street lights light up the town,
She's got to be somebody's baby
She must be somebody's baby
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She's so....
She's gonna be somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby tonight.
I try to shut eyes, but I can't get here outta my sight.
I know I'm gonna know her, but I gotta get over my fright.
We'll, I'm just gonna walk up to her.
I'm gonna talk to her tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby tonight.
Gonna shine tonight, make her mine tonight.
Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
All the guys on the corner stand back and let her walk on by.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She's so fine.
She's probably somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's probably somebody's baby, all right.
I heard her talkin' with her friend when she thought nobody else was around.
She said she's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
'Cause when the cars and the signs and the street lights light up the town,
She's got to be somebody's baby
She must be somebody's baby
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She's so....
She's gonna be somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby tonight.
I try to shut eyes, but I can't get here outta my sight.
I know I'm gonna know her, but I gotta get over my fright.
We'll, I'm just gonna walk up to her.
I'm gonna talk to her tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby tonight.
Gonna shine tonight, make her mine tonight.
Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby

Re: Lyrics War
Earth angel,
Earth angel
Will you be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
Im just a fool,
A fool in love, with you
Earth angel
Earth angel
The one I adore
Love you forever
And ever more
Im just a fool,
A fool in-love with you
I fell for you
And I knew
The vision of your lovliness
I hope and I pray,
That someday,
Ill be the vision of your
Happiness
Earth angel,
Earth angel
Please you be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
Im just a fool,
A fool in love, with you
I fell for you
And I knew
The vision of your lovliness
I hope and I pray,
That someday,
Ill be the vision of your
Happiness
Earth angel,
Earth angel
Please you be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
Im just a fool,
A fool in love, with you
Earth angel
Will you be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
Im just a fool,
A fool in love, with you
Earth angel
Earth angel
The one I adore
Love you forever
And ever more
Im just a fool,
A fool in-love with you
I fell for you
And I knew
The vision of your lovliness
I hope and I pray,
That someday,
Ill be the vision of your
Happiness
Earth angel,
Earth angel
Please you be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
Im just a fool,
A fool in love, with you
I fell for you
And I knew
The vision of your lovliness
I hope and I pray,
That someday,
Ill be the vision of your
Happiness
Earth angel,
Earth angel
Please you be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
Im just a fool,
A fool in love, with you
Re: Lyrics War
Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together (Morrissey, "Viva Hate")
Angel, angel
Don’t take your life tonight
I know they take
And that they take in turn
And they give you nothing real
For yourself in return
But when they’ve used you
And they’ve broken you
And they’ve wasted all your money
And cast your shell aside
And when they’ve bought you
And they’ve sold you
And they’ve billed you for the pleasure
And they’ve made your parents cry
I will be here
Oh, believe me
I will be here
...believe me
Angel, don’t take your life
Some people have got no pride
They do not understand
The urgency of life
But I love you more than life
I love you more than life
I love you more than life
I love you more than life
Angel, angel
Don’t take your life tonight
I know they take
And that they take in turn
And they give you nothing real
For yourself in return
But when they’ve used you
And they’ve broken you
And they’ve wasted all your money
And cast your shell aside
And when they’ve bought you
And they’ve sold you
And they’ve billed you for the pleasure
And they’ve made your parents cry
I will be here
Oh, believe me
I will be here
...believe me
Angel, don’t take your life
Some people have got no pride
They do not understand
The urgency of life
But I love you more than life
I love you more than life
I love you more than life
I love you more than life

