why do players join a game w/FOW and decide they want to tell everyone that "player x" is taking over this or that part of the board...? if they want to play games where everyone knows where everyone else is, why not just play games w/o FOW...?
it's just gets a little bit annoying to me, tell players to read the game log if you want to draw attention to someone, don't blurt stuff out giving away players positions...
just sayin'...
fog of war...
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
- -ShadySoul-
- Posts: 1679
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:28 pm
- Location: Siberia
- owenshooter
- Posts: 13396
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
THE FOG, tried it, didn't like it, crossed it off my CC list of games to play. agree with all the above posters, i get both sides of the argument, and i just don't like the option.-0

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
well the thing about fog is that you dont know everything, you use all the tools at your desposal to try and decpher the map with all those ? marks. I usually use peoples lax nature against them on fog of wars and overextend myself agaisnt my opponets to remove them from the area because I know if they dont see my conquests they will forget about them. I do wish that the game log would tell you what happened that you could see though its my 1 beef with fog games. Sitting around trying to remember which contry of yours was taken last turn so you know who is going for that area.
- lozzini
- Posts: 897
- Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Closer than you may think
its a tactic... if a player is clearloy winning a game and the others dont seem to have realised... you tell them
also you can say 'red owns europe' when he doesn't just so they dont focus there armies on your new N. america bonus
its called democracy/politics
also you can say 'red owns europe' when he doesn't just so they dont focus there armies on your new N. america bonus
its called democracy/politics
Top Rank: Captain
Top Score: 1835
Top Pos: 1707
Nothing ventured... nothing gained
Top Score: 1835
Top Pos: 1707
Nothing ventured... nothing gained
- owenshooter
- Posts: 13396
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
it's called bush league... to clarify:lozzini wrote:its called democracy/politics
Bush league is a general term used to describe an action or thing as being amateur, inferior or crude.
thank you for your time...-0

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
- owenshooter
- Posts: 13396
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
i already stated above that i get both sides of the argument, and that i choose not to play fog. just like i don't play freestyle. to each his own, that is the best thing about this site.-0lozzini wrote:whatever you call it mate... this is a war game... everything is ok in war

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
- Iron Butterfly
- Posts: 2711
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
- Location: New York City
I agree..to each his own. I have just started playing. I have been trying different game formats to see what works.
Fog takes alot away from the game for me. *grin* I played the fortress map and thought I was doing well and had my army of 16 steamrolled. All this on a no card map.
I like to see who matches up on who...you get a grander perspective of the game.
LOL I tried an assasin fog game twice. Both times someone kileed a single army blindly and ended the game. I had a cont in that game as well.
The dice are bad enough when you think you have a sure win..a fog assasin game??wooooot not me cup of tea.
To those who enjoy...game on!!
Fog takes alot away from the game for me. *grin* I played the fortress map and thought I was doing well and had my army of 16 steamrolled. All this on a no card map.
I like to see who matches up on who...you get a grander perspective of the game.
LOL I tried an assasin fog game twice. Both times someone kileed a single army blindly and ended the game. I had a cont in that game as well.
The dice are bad enough when you think you have a sure win..a fog assasin game??wooooot not me cup of tea.
To those who enjoy...game on!!