Page 1 of 1

Should bombarding but not capturing grant spoils?

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2026 5:48 am
by Apatheist
I was debating whether this should go into suggestions, but I thought I'd get feedback and opinions first.
On a map such as New World, it's possible to bombard a territory from the homeland and eliminate the troops there, render it neutral, and get spoils.
On one's next turn, one can bombard that 1 neutral territory again, and as long as the dice are in one's favour, one can get spoils again.
This doesn't seem right to me.
One hasn't changed the number of troops or the ownership of the territory, yet one is rewarded with spoils, having not made any progress to earn them.
I understand that it's a valid tactic and perhaps an interesting variation - but should it require some sort of change before getting a reward, either ownership or number of troops?

Re: Should bombarding but not capturing grant spoils?

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:15 am
by pissedoffsol
No, is my opinion.
leave as is

Re: Should bombarding but not capturing grant spoils?

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2026 8:50 am
by Kevi
pissedoffsol wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:15 am No, is my opinion.
leave as is
I agree

Re: Should bombarding but not capturing grant spoils?

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2026 6:37 pm
by Dukasaur
If we think of war games as simulations of war, then it's true. One can't really gain much by pillaging an empty territory.

But Conquer Club was never really a true war game. More like a strategy game with vague martial echoes. Playability has always been far more important than any kind of realism.