i voted for solid as well i wouldn't play this as is due to my colourblindness its to hard to look atLED ZEPPELINER wrote:i have been telling him he should make them all the same, but he doesn't. i agree with you whitestaznwhitestazn88 wrote:for some reason, i am very bothered by the fact that the various territories in any given "continent" bonus group are not uniform in color...
[Abandoned] - Alaska
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Re: Alaska v5
-
tlane
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: NYC - sint maarten(sometimes)
After a long await I finally have the new version
Changed:
-colors
-mountains(took out river)
-added a shperize effect
other changes
Working On:
-spherize effect - in response to oak's comment I tired putting some effect of the map to make it look more like it was bigger(more on top of the world). After experimenting with this, I found that the sherize effect seemed to work the best(even though it causes problems with changes in the future), but now after talking WM about the great lakes map he told me another way. To do this it would mean an almost complete overhaul of the map and I am not sure how necessary it is. Any Comments
-I am also working on the mountains, still dont know if they fit in perfectly well
I am going to keep the color poll up and wait for a few more votes before it is decided
sorry it took so long, i have had a lot of school work
Changed:
-colors
-mountains(took out river)
-added a shperize effect
other changes
Working On:
-spherize effect - in response to oak's comment I tired putting some effect of the map to make it look more like it was bigger(more on top of the world). After experimenting with this, I found that the sherize effect seemed to work the best(even though it causes problems with changes in the future), but now after talking WM about the great lakes map he told me another way. To do this it would mean an almost complete overhaul of the map and I am not sure how necessary it is. Any Comments
-I am also working on the mountains, still dont know if they fit in perfectly well
I am going to keep the color poll up and wait for a few more votes before it is decided
sorry it took so long, i have had a lot of school work
-
el-presidente
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:14 pm
Re: [poll] Alaska v6 - finally
The Inside Passage on the minimap and bonus key is a different color than the one on the main map.
-
tlane
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: NYC - sint maarten(sometimes)
Re: [poll] Alaska v6 - finally
forgot to change that, i will do itel-presidente wrote:The Inside Passage on the minimap and bonus key is a different color than the one on the main map.
Re: [poll] Alaska v6 - finally
my vote is for same color - as a color blind player I can't tell which colors go together. Takotna and Talkeetma look the same to me, but the mini map would suggest otherwise.
And isn't space the last frontier? Think I may of heard that in a movie recently...
And isn't space the last frontier? Think I may of heard that in a movie recently...

Re: [poll] Alaska v6 - finally
Space is the "final" frontier not the "last".oaktown wrote:my vote is for same color - as a color blind player I can't tell which colors go together. Takotna and Talkeetma look the same to me, but the mini map would suggest otherwise.![]()
And isn't space the last frontier? Think I may of heard that in a movie recently...

-
tlane
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: NYC - sint maarten(sometimes)
Re: [poll] Alaska v6 - finally
i think it is decided to make it that same color wins, so that will be in the next updateoaktown wrote:my vote is for same color - as a color blind player I can't tell which colors go together. Takotna and Talkeetma look the same to me, but the mini map would suggest otherwise.![]()
this is the link i found that atdemonfork wrote:Space is the "final" frontier not the "last".oaktown wrote: And isn't space the last frontier? Think I may of heard that in a movie recently...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska#State_symbols
maybe I will change it to "Seward's Icebox"
thanks for the comments
keep 'em coming
tlane
- thenobodies80
- Posts: 5401
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Milan
Re: [poll] Alaska v6
Removing the rivers is not a good choice in my opinion. They will give you some good impassables, and also i don't think you can do a map of alaska without the famous yukon river
You have to fix colors on legend. (doing like the main map)
The green arrow from Takotna to Talkeetna isn't so visible.
The small layout of this map is yet a problem... you have to focus on it....you talked about a spherize effect tested but probably you abandoned the idea not to do a complete overhaul.
I know that is a hard work, but i'm sure that it will give to your map a new light!
Come on tlane...we want an update!
Keep it on!
thenobodies80
You have to fix colors on legend. (doing like the main map)
The green arrow from Takotna to Talkeetna isn't so visible.
The small layout of this map is yet a problem... you have to focus on it....you talked about a spherize effect tested but probably you abandoned the idea not to do a complete overhaul.
I know that is a hard work, but i'm sure that it will give to your map a new light!
Come on tlane...we want an update!
Keep it on!
thenobodies80
Re:
Check out this Alaska (dead projects) - see how it just feels like alaska? I'm not a fan of the colors you have going on. I also dislike where you have the legend. It would look better in the water, and keep Canada as land.
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=54731&hilit=alaska] Bering Strait
[/url]

-
tlane
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: NYC - sint maarten(sometimes)
Re: [poll] Alaska v6
Really sorry about the delay, i have had a lot of school work and have had little time to work on the map and go on CC at all.
but now SCHOOL IS OVER, well almost, i have 3 days left, so an update should be up in the next few days
Now to the comments,
sorry for the wait,
tlane
but now SCHOOL IS OVER, well almost, i have 3 days left, so an update should be up in the next few days
Now to the comments,
As for Rj's comment, it should all be fixed in my next versionthenobodies80 wrote:Removing the rivers is not a good choice in my opinion. They will give you some good impassables, and also i don't think you can do a map of alaska without the famous yukon riverI am putting them back
You have to fix colors on legend. (doing like the main map)will be done
The green arrow from Takotna to Talkeetna isn't so visible. Changing
The small layout of this map is yet a problem... you have to focus on it....you talked about a spherize effect tested but probably you abandoned the idea not to do a complete overhaul.
I know that is a hard work, but i'm sure that it will give to your map a new light! I am basically doing the overhual, it should turn out better...I hope
Come on tlane...we want an update!![]()
Keep it on!
IT IS COMING
thenobodies80
sorry for the wait,
tlane
-
tlane
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: NYC - sint maarten(sometimes)
Re: [poll] Alaska v6
I am really sorry it has taken so long but I have had a lot on my plate even with out school and now i have a camp i need to go to.
So I am temporally turning this map over to .44 just for the next 4 weeks while i am away. I am 110% positive that he will make at least one great update and hopefully help improve the map a ton.
here is just a hint of the next update
sorry again,
tlane
So I am temporally turning this map over to .44 just for the next 4 weeks while i am away. I am 110% positive that he will make at least one great update and hopefully help improve the map a ton.
here is just a hint of the next update
Spoiler
tlane
- the.killing.44
- Posts: 4724
- Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
- Contact:
Re: [poll] Alaska v6
The .psd I have doesn't have the correct layers so I apologize that there won't be update 
.44
.44
Re: [poll] Alaska v6
the last version of the map was produced over a month ago, so this one's headed to the recycling bin. if the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the CAs will be able to put the thread back into the drafting room, after an update has been made.
ian.
ian.





