Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- jonesthecurl
- Posts: 4694
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: disused action figure warehouse
- Contact:
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
Good point.
I don't think I've ever read any "Knight and Squire", was just aware they exist.
I don't think I've ever read any "Knight and Squire", was just aware they exist.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
I just know them from the Batman Inc. storyline. Basically, Batman tries to make Batman a franchise. So there's Zorro Batman in Mexico. Ninja Batman in Japan. Knight and Squire Batman in the UK. Pick your stereotype.jonesthecurl wrote:Good point.
I don't think I've ever read any "Knight and Squire", was just aware they exist.
It was not good. Pretty sure the next writer just killed them off too. It was embarrassing.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
- jonesthecurl
- Posts: 4694
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: disused action figure warehouse
- Contact:
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
"American" superheroes who don't come from America include Wonder Woman, Aquaman, most of the Legion of Superheroes, Wolverine, The Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Hawkgirl (in some incarnations), Silver Surfer, Thor, most of the Green LanternCorps, all the Superman family, Invincible, various incarnations of Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, the original White Tiger, Blak Widow, that X-man who turns into steel, Black Panther, Big barda, the other "New Gods", um, probably some more.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
- jonesthecurl
- Posts: 4694
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: disused action figure warehouse
- Contact:
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
I think they've been around longer than that though. Not exactly the most noticeable of the comic characters.Symmetry wrote:I just know them from the Batman Inc. storyline. Basically, Batman tries to make Batman a franchise. So there's Zorro Batman in Mexico. Ninja Batman in Japan. Knight and Squire Batman in the UK. Pick your stereotype.jonesthecurl wrote:Good point.
I don't think I've ever read any "Knight and Squire", was just aware they exist.
It was not good. Pretty sure the next writer just killed them off too. It was embarrassing.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
Aye, I looked them up after your post. I think the idiot idea was kinda a well intentioned attempt to bring back some of the sillier parts of Batman history back into the fold. Grant Morrison (another Brit) is usually good at doing that.jonesthecurl wrote:I think they've been around longer than that though. Not exactly the most noticeable of the comic characters.Symmetry wrote:I just know them from the Batman Inc. storyline. Basically, Batman tries to make Batman a franchise. So there's Zorro Batman in Mexico. Ninja Batman in Japan. Knight and Squire Batman in the UK. Pick your stereotype.jonesthecurl wrote:Good point.
I don't think I've ever read any "Knight and Squire", was just aware they exist.
It was not good. Pretty sure the next writer just killed them off too. It was embarrassing.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
- jimboston
- Posts: 5493
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
What about Alpha Flight?jonesthecurl wrote:"American" superheroes who don't come from America include Wonder Woman, Aquaman, most of the Legion of Superheroes, Wolverine, The Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Hawkgirl (in some incarnations), Silver Surfer, Thor, most of the Green LanternCorps, all the Superman family, Invincible, various incarnations of Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, the original White Tiger, Blak Widow, that X-man who turns into steel, Black Panther, Big barda, the other "New Gods", um, probably some more.
You’re the guy who likes to talk about Puck!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_(M ... light5.jpg
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
Nobody cares about Alpha Flight. "What about Alpha Flight?" is basically their version of "Avengers Assemble!".jimboston wrote:What about Alpha Flight?jonesthecurl wrote:"American" superheroes who don't come from America include Wonder Woman, Aquaman, most of the Legion of Superheroes, Wolverine, The Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Hawkgirl (in some incarnations), Silver Surfer, Thor, most of the Green LanternCorps, all the Superman family, Invincible, various incarnations of Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, the original White Tiger, Blak Widow, that X-man who turns into steel, Black Panther, Big barda, the other "New Gods", um, probably some more.
You’re the guy who likes to talk about Puck!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_(M ... light5.jpg
The Doom Patrol get more attention than Alpha Flight.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
- jonesthecurl
- Posts: 4694
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: disused action figure warehouse
- Contact:
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
Good point.jimboston wrote:What about Alpha Flight?jonesthecurl wrote:"American" superheroes who don't come from America include Wonder Woman, Aquaman, most of the Legion of Superheroes, Wolverine, The Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Hawkgirl (in some incarnations), Silver Surfer, Thor, most of the Green LanternCorps, all the Superman family, Invincible, various incarnations of Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, the original White Tiger, Blak Widow, that X-man who turns into steel, Black Panther, Big barda, the other "New Gods", um, probably some more.
You’re the guy who likes to talk about Puck!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_(M ... light5.jpg
There was also a Flash story arc with a bunch of heroes from South America.
ANd I have a vague memory of seeing the cover of an issue of the appalling "Teen Titans GO!" comic with two speedsters called Mas & Minus (?)
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
- jimboston
- Posts: 5493
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
It’s kinda obvious that American comics are going to be mostly American characters.
This is true for Hollywood movies too.
Even Star Trek, which has touted ‘diversity’ for decades still put an American in the Captain’s chair.
Yes... and i’m talking about TOS and Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
They went off brand for Next Generation... but the other 3 Capetians from Broadcast TV are Americans too... even the MILF, Captain Janeway.
This is true for Hollywood movies too.
Even Star Trek, which has touted ‘diversity’ for decades still put an American in the Captain’s chair.
Yes... and i’m talking about TOS and Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
They went off brand for Next Generation... but the other 3 Capetians from Broadcast TV are Americans too... even the MILF, Captain Janeway.
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
Superman may have come from another planet, but there's no doubt he did it to seek American citizenship.jonesthecurl wrote:"American" superheroes who don't come from America include Wonder Woman, Aquaman, most of the Legion of Superheroes, Wolverine, The Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Hawkgirl (in some incarnations), Silver Surfer, Thor, most of the Green LanternCorps, all the Superman family, Invincible, various incarnations of Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, the original White Tiger, Blak Widow, that X-man who turns into steel, Black Panther, Big barda, the other "New Gods", um, probably some more.
I watched the show enough to still have the intro memorized. The last line is "fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way."
Although, come to think of it, I don't think anyone ever filled out an I-140 for him, and definitely he lived under an assumed name which is probably punishable by status revocation, so I guess he can't be allowed to apply for citizenship unless there's an amnesty.
“Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
― Voltaire
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
Duke, Canada is not really another planet...
- jimboston
- Posts: 5493
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
You’re right Duk.Dukasaur wrote:
I watched the show enough to still have the intro memorized. The last line is "fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way."
You know who else fights for Truth, Justice, and the American Way?
Boston sports teams!
- jonesthecurl
- Posts: 4694
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: disused action figure warehouse
- Contact:
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
I'm just sorting my comics (and books) with a view to dumping at least 50% to make the next house move easier, and I came accross this one. It's from a Flash annual in 2000, where he meets the "Greatest Heroes of Argentina!"jonesthecurl wrote:
There was also a Flash story arc with a bunch of heroes from South America.
They are Salamanca, (some srt of sorceress), Cachiru (a bit of a Hawkman vibe), and several who do nothing in the story - one in a Jaguar costume, one with a horse's head, one with a wolf's head, one looks a bit like an owl and could be the local Batman, and two whose costumes give very little away.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
The funniest part of the batman inc.; is when they think they own exclusive rights on bats. Last year, Valencia CF updated their club logo for their 100 years of existence and DC sued them for using a bat on top of their logo.... humm... there’s been a bat there for a century... Batman is 80 years old... just all so american... facepalmSymmetry wrote:I just know them from the Batman Inc. storyline. Basically, Batman tries to make Batman a franchise. So there's Zorro Batman in Mexico. Ninja Batman in Japan. Knight and Squire Batman in the UK. Pick your stereotype.jonesthecurl wrote:Good point.
I don't think I've ever read any "Knight and Squire", was just aware they exist.
It was not good. Pretty sure the next writer just killed them off too. It was embarrassing.

-
karvinhalmson
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:07 am
Re: Batman v Superman, it sucked (spoilers)
The action scenes in the movie are actually quite boring, that is, the two sides of the righteousness fight each other really, why not Mod edit (DK): spam link removed. on the link to see a better movie than the ear?
