me too.luns101 wrote:I also enjoy Blue Oyster Cult....I NEED MORE COW BELL!
What is your favorite band ?
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- reverend_kyle
- Posts: 9250
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
- Location: 1000 post club
- Contact:
Re: More good stuff
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
- static_ice
- Posts: 9174
- Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
- Warrior987
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:46 am
- Location: USA
- static_ice
- Posts: 9174
- Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
Finally some people are liking good music!Colossus wrote:^right on.MR. Nate wrote:While it's hard to deny needing more cowbell . . .
White Stripes
Anyone who spews out "You sent me to Toledo" with such venom has to be recognized.
As for me, chili peppers, the smashing pumkins, alice in chains, soundgarden, audioslave. Pumpkins are #1 in my book, tho.
- Warrior987
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:46 am
- Location: USA
- static_ice
- Posts: 9174
- Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
- Warrior987
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:46 am
- Location: USA
- static_ice
- Posts: 9174
- Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
yah, I dig Rage and SOAD, too, but they're not as favorite as some of the 'softie' stuff I mentioned. I like music that has lyrics indicative of excellent songwriters. I think a lot of the lyrics to Rage and SOAD are solid, but often not as.... poetic?... as a lot of other bands. The pretty much say what they mean, which is cool, but lacks subtlety.static_ice wrote:You need to realize that because you like alternative softie stuff doesn't mean everyone should...
- static_ice
- Posts: 9174
- Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
Colossus wrote:yah, I dig Rage and SOAD, too, but they're not as favorite as some of the 'softie' stuff I mentioned. I like music that has lyrics indicative of excellent songwriters. I think a lot of the lyrics to Rage and SOAD are solid, but often not as.... poetic?... as a lot of other bands. The pretty much say what they mean, which is cool, but lacks subtlety.static_ice wrote:You need to realize that because you like alternative softie stuff doesn't mean everyone should...
actually if you listen to some of the newer SOAD lyrics they are very poetic, hell the lead singer has 1 or 2 poem books out...
and SOAD listeners get the enjoyment of poetry but the credit to say that they are not gay because they listen to heavy metal
R.I.P. Chef
I admittedly haven't listened to much of their newest stuff. What do you recommend? Also, I refuse to limit my musical tastes (or any other tastes) according to others' perception of my sexual orientation.static_ice wrote:actually if you listen to some of the newer SOAD lyrics they are very poetic, hell the lead singer has 1 or 2 poem books out...
and SOAD listeners get the enjoyment of poetry but the credit to say that they are not gay because they listen to heavy metal
- static_ice
- Posts: 9174
- Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
I recommend Mesmerize and HypnotizeColossus wrote:I admittedly haven't listened to much of their newest stuff. What do you recommend? Also, I refuse to limit my musical tastes (or any other tastes) according to others' perception of my sexual orientation.static_ice wrote:actually if you listen to some of the newer SOAD lyrics they are very poetic, hell the lead singer has 1 or 2 poem books out...
and SOAD listeners get the enjoyment of poetry but the credit to say that they are not gay because they listen to heavy metal
if you're talking about songs, then...uhh... Dreaming, Holy Mountains, Question!, Tentative, Soldier Side, to name some good ones you can find a lot of those on Youtube...
and I know what you're talking about with the refusal of caring to sound straight or gay I listen to some girly things like We Are Scientists or She Wants Revenge but I try to advertise that I mainly like heavy metal and when I'm in public I want my earphones to be blasing Heavy Metal not indie rock...
R.I.P. Chef
Okay, I will admit that I skip certain songs on my ipod from time to time when I'm on the subway....though I maintain that I do it so as to seem unpansyish so I don't get mugged....static_ice wrote:and I know what you're talking about with the refusal of caring to sound straight or gay I listen to some girly things like We Are Scientists or She Wants Revenge but I try to advertise that I mainly like heavy metal and when I'm in public I want my earphones to be blasing Heavy Metal not indie rock...
- static_ice
- Posts: 9174
- Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
Colossus wrote:Okay, I will admit that I skip certain songs on my ipod from time to time when I'm on the subway....though I maintain that I do it so as to seem unpansyish so I don't get mugged....static_ice wrote:and I know what you're talking about with the refusal of caring to sound straight or gay I listen to some girly things like We Are Scientists or She Wants Revenge but I try to advertise that I mainly like heavy metal and when I'm in public I want my earphones to be blasing Heavy Metal not indie rock...
if I'm playing a "gay" song I just lower the volume and increase it again when its a tough song...some System songs I wouldn't be comfortable to show random ppl on the street...
R.I.P. Chef
Okay, ignoring the disheartening subject of your sexual insecurities...
I don't want to insult anyone's musical taste, as people are certainly entitled to their own opinion in such things. I don't understand, though, how System of a Down's lyrics can be considered poetic. They've written, recorded and published songs that seem to completely ignore the rules of the English language. I had a very, very hard time understanding how a line such as "the most loneliest day of my life" could have gotten past the editorial process. Was it parody? There has to be something I'm overlooking.
I don't want to insult anyone's musical taste, as people are certainly entitled to their own opinion in such things. I don't understand, though, how System of a Down's lyrics can be considered poetic. They've written, recorded and published songs that seem to completely ignore the rules of the English language. I had a very, very hard time understanding how a line such as "the most loneliest day of my life" could have gotten past the editorial process. Was it parody? There has to be something I'm overlooking.
