You will not pass!Coleman wrote:EDIT: Hopefully that wall of text didn't scare too many people, and helps show how devoted I am to this idea.
Formerly the Map Ideas Thread, now CLOSED
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- unriggable
- Posts: 8036
- Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:49 pm
Yeah, I think the deploy on territory was one of the best xml updates lack did. I'm looking forward to it on Age of Might when that finally comes out.
Back to the planet. Whoever is designing it needs to come forward so we can better figure out what is going on. In fact, anyone designing anything for this right now please let me know who you are and what you are doing. It would be bad to find out 3 different people are building the same thing at the same time, so I'd like to catch that early. If nobody is doing anything that would be good to find out about now too, lol.
My vision for the planet is something similar to earth in appearance. (classic if you prefer) however more alien. Maybe blue plants and grass instead of green for instance, and purple oceans. Although lets not get too crazy with color swapping stuff or things just look cartoonish.
Edit: Oh, I'm designing another race 'Katarian' (Cat-are-e-in) right now. These can't be classified by our current animal classification systems as they are a cross between what we would call lizards and mammals. They look mostly humanoid but their bone structure in their two legs is dog like and they have blades that come out of parts of their bodies (kinda like wolverine's claws) to help them attack and defend themselves. They walk on two legs but run with four in somewhat of a gorilla crouch. They are here with a fleet of ships (not a station or single ship) made up of one large flagship with many tiny ones around it. If anyone wants to try to design that. The local commander is Alderian, their race leader is not named in my story for them. That's enough for now.
Again, requesting a design for a fleet: one large ship, lots of tiny ships. The whole group shouldn't be much bigger then the station already provided. Use of curved blade shapes in the ships is desired but not required.
Back to the planet. Whoever is designing it needs to come forward so we can better figure out what is going on. In fact, anyone designing anything for this right now please let me know who you are and what you are doing. It would be bad to find out 3 different people are building the same thing at the same time, so I'd like to catch that early. If nobody is doing anything that would be good to find out about now too, lol.
My vision for the planet is something similar to earth in appearance. (classic if you prefer) however more alien. Maybe blue plants and grass instead of green for instance, and purple oceans. Although lets not get too crazy with color swapping stuff or things just look cartoonish.
Edit: Oh, I'm designing another race 'Katarian' (Cat-are-e-in) right now. These can't be classified by our current animal classification systems as they are a cross between what we would call lizards and mammals. They look mostly humanoid but their bone structure in their two legs is dog like and they have blades that come out of parts of their bodies (kinda like wolverine's claws) to help them attack and defend themselves. They walk on two legs but run with four in somewhat of a gorilla crouch. They are here with a fleet of ships (not a station or single ship) made up of one large flagship with many tiny ones around it. If anyone wants to try to design that. The local commander is Alderian, their race leader is not named in my story for them. That's enough for now.
Again, requesting a design for a fleet: one large ship, lots of tiny ships. The whole group shouldn't be much bigger then the station already provided. Use of curved blade shapes in the ships is desired but not required.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
- gimil
- Posts: 8599
- Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
wow wow wow. EVEYONE SLOW DOWN lol.
you all seem to be getting ahead of yourself. Theres no point making space stations and planets till we have a basic layout to tell us where everything going etc.
I can create this basic layout then i jsut need to copy adn past all the parts on top of it.
you all seem to be getting ahead of yourself. Theres no point making space stations and planets till we have a basic layout to tell us where everything going etc.
I can create this basic layout then i jsut need to copy adn past all the parts on top of it.
What do you know about map making, bitch?
Top Score:2403natty_dread wrote:I was wrong
Well, it still probably isn't a bad idea to have a bunch of space stations/ships/fleets made to be ready to go into those spots while you are doing that.gimil wrote:wow wow wow. EVEYONE SLOW DOWN lol.
you all seem to be getting ahead of yourself. Theres no point making space stations and planets till we have a basic layout to tell us where everything going etc.
I can create this basic layout then i jsut need to copy adn past all the parts on top of it.
Fast is good. lol. I'm just doing back story I plan to repost whenever this gets released in my spare time. I haven't really done anything.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Don't worry, and I do want. I'm considering any image manipulation stuff I do right now to be very early placeholder type stuff until a real artist shows up and improves it.
gimil seems to be set on setting up a clear map layout for us to use. So you might want to hold off on doing more art until he is done. The very worst that could happen is things you've made become very tiny things to put in the background.
gimil seems to be set on setting up a clear map layout for us to use. So you might want to hold off on doing more art until he is done. The very worst that could happen is things you've made become very tiny things to put in the background.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
- gimil
- Posts: 8599
- Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Im going to arse about the now with a layout to try and get maximum space usage. I think im going to rape the guidelines yet again 
edit: Tel if the planet is going to have water best to give it ice caps or snow on both its poles since this is how the reality would be
edit: Tel if the planet is going to have water best to give it ice caps or snow on both its poles since this is how the reality would be
What do you know about map making, bitch?
Top Score:2403natty_dread wrote:I was wrong
well gimil wants moons and ice caps, so i will do them and then produce small spaceship things but nothing of major importance, i need something to do for a bit.Coleman wrote:Don't worry, and I do want. I'm considering any image manipulation stuff I do right now to be very early placeholder type stuff until a real artist shows up and improves it.
gimil seems to be set on setting up a clear map layout for us to use. So you might want to hold off on doing more art until he is done. The very worst that could happen is things you've made become very tiny things to put in the background.
gimil wrote:edit: Tel if the planet is going to have water best to give it ice caps or snow on both its poles since this is how the reality would be
should be able to do those things give me a bit of time though, my 3D graphics things it messing me around so i want to sort that out.gimil wrote:Tel can you create a few moons to put in to try and build up more terrs.
(btw, i like the way you edit your post, but then 2nd post anyway with something else)
Tel made it, here you go:gimil wrote:Coleman can you make th image of your space station without the space background? This will make it easier to move onto teh background image

Hopefully the program you use can make the surrounding white transparent.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
I just made that for story purposes. I'll probably swap it later if it ever becomes important. I'm keeping the Corporate space shuttle though, I think that is hilarious.snufkin wrote:EVE is such a sweet game.. I don´t think there is copyright since you create the facial variations yourself.
Facegen modeller is a pretty fun simple program for human faces if you plan to have those and want to avoid the EVE associations.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.









