This has already been done. It was decided against. Look a few pages back.Unit_2 wrote:you need to put at least a out line of color and see how i looks
[Official] Middle East REVAMP [Quenched]
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- sully800
- Posts: 4978
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
As KEYOGI said, the colors of the key aren't necessary at all. Each continent is labeled by name, and the difference in the continent colors is enough that you can tell where each one ends and begins. Don't worry about matching the color from the map to the key, because you don't even need to look at that.Spockers wrote:I haven't been following this map, but on first look i'm having a LOT of trouble matching the continent colours to the colours on the key.
Unfortunately, the colours look great, and to change them so that they are more distinguishable would probably ruin the map.
so yeah.. just sayin'.....
is it possible to make the territory label font half a point to a point larger? its a little difficult to read them. the rest looks great- i love the small map. im eager to see that one perfect as its the one ill use 
Do you need an excuse to have a war? I mean, who for? Can't you just say "You got lots of cash and land, but I've got a big sword, so divy up right now, chop chop."
Terry Pratchet
Terry Pratchet
You know.... I didn't even see those labels. how embarrassingsully800 wrote:As KEYOGI said, the colors of the key aren't necessary at all. Each continent is labeled by name, and the difference in the continent colors is enough that you can tell where each one ends and begins. Don't worry about matching the color from the map to the key, because you don't even need to look at that.Spockers wrote:I haven't been following this map, but on first look i'm having a LOT of trouble matching the continent colours to the colours on the key.
Unfortunately, the colours look great, and to change them so that they are more distinguishable would probably ruin the map.
so yeah.. just sayin'.....
- sam_levi_11
- Posts: 2872
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:48 pm
- Gender: Male
that can happen on any map.mibi wrote:I think there should be more variation in the continent shades for those with monitors that arn't calibrated like yours. I can adjust my monitor settings and make the whole map look almost indistinguishable.
sully800 wrote:As KEYOGI said, the colors of the key aren't necessary at all. Each continent is labeled by name, and the difference in the continent colors is enough that you can tell where each one ends and begins. Don't worry about matching the color from the map to the key, because you don't even need to look at that.
Do you need an excuse to have a war? I mean, who for? Can't you just say "You got lots of cash and land, but I've got a big sword, so divy up right now, chop chop."
Terry Pratchet
Terry Pratchet
- Caleb the Cruel
- Posts: 1686
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 8:36 pm
- Location: Northern Colorado
- Contact:
I feel like the army numbers should be moved down a bit, where theres space. they seem to be crowding the region names...
my new site - http://www.spritestitch.com/ - A video game craft weblog...
- Spiegelprime
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:59 pm
Spiegelprime wrote:He could change the army locations on the .xml, it's just the playability that shouldn't change. Fact is that with the thoroughness of this revamp, it might be necessary for the army locations to move a bit.
Otherwise the map looks fantastic, I like it so very much. Thanks Keyogi!
Wisse wrote:he can't the map creator does ot allow it to change the xml
- AndyDufresne
- Posts: 24919
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
- Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
- Contact:
- Ruben Cassar
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:04 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Civitas Invicta, Melita, Evropa
- Ruben Cassar
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:04 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Civitas Invicta, Melita, Evropa
Its lookin much better...I dont like the colour scheme...It looks very boring...Cant we have some type of variation in the colour scheme whilst trying to keep the colours neutrel...
For exampl a desert type clour like sand!!!
Also maybe you could add some texture to some continents...
For exampl a desert type clour like sand!!!
Also maybe you could add some texture to some continents...
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Hehe, I changed it on April fools to see if anyone would notice. I was considering a new avatar to go with my new role here in the foundry but was torn over the new one and the old one.Ruben Cassar wrote:Hey Keyogi...have you got a fixation with pandas? :p I used to prefer the other one though!
The whole design of the map is centred around the idea of an old/ancient map which is what the original cartographer wanted to originally do. That's the reason for this visual style from the colours to the texture. There's plenty of discussion on the issue over the previous pages.hulmey wrote:Its lookin much better...I dont like the colour scheme...It looks very boring...Cant we have some type of variation in the colour scheme whilst trying to keep the colours neutrel...
For exampl a desert type clour like sand!!!
Also maybe you could add some texture to some continents...
- spinwizard
- Posts: 5016
- Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:52 am
- spinwizard
- Posts: 5016
- Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:52 am





