if you did put that option most people would probably vote for it. Most people are tired of hearing about it. I don't particularly care, if I'm deemed to be pro-dug it's only because I think the anti-dug camp are shouting loudest, and I'm trying to bring the balance back.alex_white101 wrote:or maybe an, ''hes banned boo hoo to all the people that wanted to keep him get over it'' option?![]()
im not rlly being serious, i just think he acted in a manner which is clearly not how lack wants people to act on his site, therefore lack bans him. game over.
Vox populi about "The Dugg Affair"
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
Please read the community guidelines before posting.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
- tahitiwahini
- Posts: 964
- Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:26 pm
Hey, you misconstrued what I was saying. I don't make my mind up based on which side is losing, which is what you appear to be suggesting.tahitiwahini wrote:Well, that's an interesting way to make up your mind about an issue.qeee1 wrote:I don't particularly care, if I'm deemed to be pro-dug it's only because I think the anti-dug camp are shouting loudest, and I'm trying to bring the balance back.
What I'm saying is I'm advocating a sort of central position, and so in theory I'm refuting both pro and anti camps, however the anti-dug camp is posting more, and has already refuted most of what the pro-dug camp has said, so I find myself consistantly refuting the anti-dug camp, even though I'm not actually pro-dug.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
- tahitiwahini
- Posts: 964
- Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:26 pm
Got it.qeee1 wrote:Hey, you misconstrued what I was saying. I don't make my mind up based on which side is losing, which is what you appear to be suggesting.tahitiwahini wrote:Well, that's an interesting way to make up your mind about an issue.qeee1 wrote:I don't particularly care, if I'm deemed to be pro-dug it's only because I think the anti-dug camp are shouting loudest, and I'm trying to bring the balance back.
What I'm saying is I'm advocating a sort of central position, and so in theory I'm refuting both pro and anti camps, however the anti-dug camp is posting more, and has already refuted most of what the pro-dug camp has said, so I find myself consistantly refuting the anti-dug camp, even though I'm not actually pro-dug.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini
Tahitiwahini
Jolly Roger wrote:Perhaps I am mistaken but I think bribery might be the wrong word. As I understand it, Dugcarr offered someone a money (or a membership?) in exchange for using that person's account for the sole purpose of entering a game with Blitzaholic. Using someone else's account as well as your own does not necessarily mean that you have multiple accounts. If this were true then there could be no account sitting allowed. To say that Dugcarr bribed anyone is, in my opinion, false. For instance, if I offer money to a politician to vote a certain way, that's a bribe. However, if I offer money to a politician to come over and mow my lawn, that's an honest payment for services rendered. In Dugcarr's case, all he wanted was the use of the account. He had nothing tangible to gain since he would not have realized any points for a win.
I wonder why he just didn't post an open offer to account sit for anyone going away on vacation or something? He was a good player - I'm sure someone would have taken him up on it eventually.
first of all duggcarr asked what he could do to get capt to give dug access to his account, capt could have negotiated and tried to get all he could from dug.. who knows just how desperate dugg was. Dug was not asking to take over games while capt was on Vacation!!! thats a load of crap, if he was doing that then why did he leave a threat of retaliation.
so it was a bribe... "what do i got to do to get you to turn on Blitz"
secondly, dug knew what he was doing was wrong!! hence the threat of retaliation if Capt didn't keep quiet.
If dug knows what he was doing was wrong, why don't all you guys?
dug chose to play dirty..and i don't feel sorry for him, except he is probably going threw forum withdrawl.
he hasn't even offered up a apology and he knows he did something wrong.
thirdly this is not politics...IT IS A ONLINE GAMING COMMUNITY!!!!
fourth Did you understand dugs reasoning for doing this?
as I saw he was stating he wasn't getting the attention he thought he should have.
come on peeps, you can't allow someone no matter how special they are, to get away with cheating.
Re: Vox populi about "The Dugg Affair"
why would you refer to this out of all the shit that's been posted when this is a game of war... You need to give to get so if you offer the right rewards then somebody is going to bite. You obviously don't have any sort of grasp on negotiations. Sorry if this goes outside your bubble, but bribery is what makes many agreements final.mandalorian2298 wrote:It rarely happens to me that someone pisses me off enough for me to do something about it, but all the whining about poor, cheating Dug being kick from CC finally done it. So screw the petitions etc. Let's have a poll:
Do you think that Dug should have been kicked out or do you follow the alien logic that was best expressed by Sammy Gags when he said: "Since when is bribing someone cheating!"
I am just intersted in the level of sanity on this site.
I also love how biased your poll is. You never gave the option for people who feel what he did was wrong, but also he punishment was completely uncalled for. It's either all or nothing with your poll... obviously something should've been done, but to the extent the punishment was taking to makes this poll completly useless... job well done!
- mandalorian2298
- Posts: 4536
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:57 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: www.chess.com
Re: Vox populi about "The Dugg Affair"
If you have no oppinion, don't vote (duh!). And I think that 90 percent people supporting the ban is a good result, indeed.Molacole wrote:why would you refer to this out of all the shit that's been posted when this is a game of war... You need to give to get so if you offer the right rewards then somebody is going to bite. You obviously don't have any sort of grasp on negotiations. Sorry if this goes outside your bubble, but bribery is what makes many agreements final.mandalorian2298 wrote:It rarely happens to me that someone pisses me off enough for me to do something about it, but all the whining about poor, cheating Dug being kick from CC finally done it. So screw the petitions etc. Let's have a poll:
Do you think that Dug should have been kicked out or do you follow the alien logic that was best expressed by Sammy Gags when he said: "Since when is bribing someone cheating!"
I am just intersted in the level of sanity on this site.
I also love how biased your poll is. You never gave the option for people who feel what he did was wrong, but also he punishment was completely uncalled for. It's either all or nothing with your poll... obviously something should've been done, but to the extent the punishment was taking to makes this poll completly useless... job well done!
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.


Talapus wrote: I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
- AndyDufresne
- Posts: 24919
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
- Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
- Contact:
I think most people are forgetting the reason he was removed from the site completely:
--Andylackattack wrote:Last evening I went online and noticed that dugcarr1 is going on some jihad, starting a whole bunch of games with the expressed intention of throwing them. I was particularly concerned about 9 consecutive doubles games of dugcarr1 & innocent vicitim vs subjekt & tomtorresson. As I thought about the situation I refreshed the screen and suddenly dugcarr1 has 10 new open games started! He had become what is known as a griefer account, out to hurt CC as much as possible.
I stripped his premium, inactivated him, and deleted those games. That's what you have to do with griefers. I accidentally deleted a few good games because I punched in the wrong game numbers. Ooops![]()
Anyway, that's what happened. Totally killed the buzz from the massage.
- mandalorian2298
- Posts: 4536
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:57 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: www.chess.com
But Andy, where do the RULES *stops to bow to the rules* state that Dug can't harass tens of other players if he isn't happy with the way Mods are treating him!AndyDufresne wrote:I think most people are forgetting the reason he was removed from the site completely:--Andylackattack wrote:Last evening I went online and noticed that dugcarr1 is going on some jihad, starting a whole bunch of games with the expressed intention of throwing them. I was particularly concerned about 9 consecutive doubles games of dugcarr1 & innocent vicitim vs subjekt & tomtorresson. As I thought about the situation I refreshed the screen and suddenly dugcarr1 has 10 new open games started! He had become what is known as a griefer account, out to hurt CC as much as possible.
I stripped his premium, inactivated him, and deleted those games. That's what you have to do with griefers. I accidentally deleted a few good games because I punched in the wrong game numbers. Ooops![]()
Anyway, that's what happened. Totally killed the buzz from the massage.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.


Talapus wrote: I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Re: Vox populi about "The Dugg Affair"
I don't think you got what he was saying at all. He clearly has an opinion...mandalorian2298 wrote:If you have no oppinion, don't vote (duh!). And I think that 90 percent people supporting the ban is a good result, indeed.Molacole wrote:why would you refer to this out of all the shit that's been posted when this is a game of war... You need to give to get so if you offer the right rewards then somebody is going to bite. You obviously don't have any sort of grasp on negotiations. Sorry if this goes outside your bubble, but bribery is what makes many agreements final.mandalorian2298 wrote:It rarely happens to me that someone pisses me off enough for me to do something about it, but all the whining about poor, cheating Dug being kick from CC finally done it. So screw the petitions etc. Let's have a poll:
Do you think that Dug should have been kicked out or do you follow the alien logic that was best expressed by Sammy Gags when he said: "Since when is bribing someone cheating!"
I am just intersted in the level of sanity on this site.
I also love how biased your poll is. You never gave the option for people who feel what he did was wrong, but also he punishment was completely uncalled for. It's either all or nothing with your poll... obviously something should've been done, but to the extent the punishment was taking to makes this poll completly useless... job well done!
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
- tahitiwahini
- Posts: 964
- Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:26 pm
Re: Vox populi about "The Dugg Affair"
Of course he has an opinion. Which is why he created his own poll. I paraphrase: what the mods did in banning Dug was 100% correct, yes or no? So if you think what the mods did was 98.75% percent right, you would have to vote No, rather than Yes. And Molacole would then proceed to trumpet the results as showing Dug with lots more support than he has. That's fine, everyone has a right to make his own poll. It does make me laugh to see here where he criticized this poll as biased though.qeee1 wrote:I don't think you got what he was saying at all. He clearly has an opinion...mandalorian2298 wrote:If you have no oppinion, don't vote (duh!). And I think that 90 percent people supporting the ban is a good result, indeed.Molacole wrote:why would you refer to this out of all the shit that's been posted when this is a game of war... You need to give to get so if you offer the right rewards then somebody is going to bite. You obviously don't have any sort of grasp on negotiations. Sorry if this goes outside your bubble, but bribery is what makes many agreements final.mandalorian2298 wrote:It rarely happens to me that someone pisses me off enough for me to do something about it, but all the whining about poor, cheating Dug being kick from CC finally done it. So screw the petitions etc. Let's have a poll:
Do you think that Dug should have been kicked out or do you follow the alien logic that was best expressed by Sammy Gags when he said: "Since when is bribing someone cheating!"
I am just intersted in the level of sanity on this site.
I also love how biased your poll is. You never gave the option for people who feel what he did was wrong, but also he punishment was completely uncalled for. It's either all or nothing with your poll... obviously something should've been done, but to the extent the punishment was taking to makes this poll completly useless... job well done!
"You need to give to get?" What is this guy, one of the Soprano's? "Since when is bribing someone cheating?" Well it's not..... if you're talking about the Mafia Olympics. Where's it being held this year anyway? Sheesh, I can't wait to do business with this guy cause I know "he'd make me an offer I couldn't refuse." The Godfather was a fictional movie not a philosophical treatise on ethical behavior.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini
Tahitiwahini
Re: Vox populi about "The Dugg Affair"
I wasn't really debating with you, or anything just pointing out mandalorian missed the point.tahitiwahini wrote: Of course he has an opinion. Which is why he created his own poll. I paraphrase: what the mods did in banning Dug was 100% correct, yes or no? So if you think what the mods did was 98.75% percent right, you would have to vote No, rather than Yes. And Molacole would then proceed to trumpet the results as showing Dug with lots more support than he has. That's fine, everyone has a right to make his own poll. It does make me laugh to see here where he criticized this poll as biased though.
"You need to give to get?" What is this guy, one of the Soprano's? "Since when is bribing someone cheating?" Well it's not..... if you're talking about the Mafia Olympics. Where's it being held this year anyway? Sheesh, I can't wait to do business with this guy cause I know "he'd make me an offer I couldn't refuse." The Godfather was a fictional movie not a philosophical treatise on ethical behavior.
Anyway apparently everyone does back the mods 100%, or at least are saying they are because they want all this to end.
Of course molacole never trumpeted the results as showing dug has more support than he does. He could say that, X% of voters have reservations about an outright ban.
It asks a simple question and delivers a simple answer, unlike this poll which asks a comlicated question, in a biased fashion and claims to represent opinions on the matter.
As for the Godfather, great movie, must watch it again, an excellent treatise on ethical behaviour too, far better than anything mills or kant or all those stuffy old geezers could come up with.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.