Fractured America [Quenched]
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.1* - pg.14
Looks nice. 
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.1* - pg.14
How about Mexiamerica being AMEXICA
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.1* - pg.14
Sounds better!jefjef wrote:How about Mexiamerica being AMEXICA
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.1* - pg.14
Okay here is a new revision.
Changed a couple of bonus background from flags to texture. Which would you prefer, the flags or the texture. I only did 3 bonuses. Tell me which way stands out more.
Thank you for your suggestions!
Changed a couple of bonus background from flags to texture. Which would you prefer, the flags or the texture. I only did 3 bonuses. Tell me which way stands out more.
Thank you for your suggestions!
- Evil DIMwit
- Posts: 1616
- Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Philadelphia, NJ
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
I like the flags better, for the most part. Ecovania's flag kinda looked awkward before in brown. Why don't you change the territory to some kind of green?
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
Give it a tree bark texture/look.Evil DIMwit wrote:I like the flags better, for the most part. Ecovania's flag kinda looked awkward before in brown. Why don't you change the territory to some kind of green?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
Well, I should have thought of that onejefjef wrote:Give it a tree bark texture/look.Evil DIMwit wrote:I like the flags better, for the most part. Ecovania's flag kinda looked awkward before in brown. Why don't you change the territory to some kind of green?
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
Go with flags. My eyes don't like the texture. It's coming along great! 
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
Flags for sure.
Country) and would represent "the South" in an unique and accurate way.
I guess I shouldn't have laughed when I said this... although it wouldn't have to be exactly like I said, consider that fact that several musical traditions originated from the region(Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, andRedBaron0 wrote:Could call the South "Graceland" and put the capital in Tennessee instead of NC. Make the flag, "The King"


Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
Hey Country's great!RedBaron0 wrote:Flags for sure.
I guess I shouldn't have laughed when I said this... although it wouldn't have to be exactly like I said, consider that fact that several musical traditions originated from the region(Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, andRedBaron0 wrote:Could call the South "Graceland" and put the capital in Tennessee instead of NC. Make the flag, "The King"Country) and would represent "the South" in an unique and accurate way.
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
Well I'm kinda of thinking of sticking with the flags myself. IMHO, the map looks cleaner with the flags. Oh well I thought I would give it a try. Flags it is!
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
isaiah40 wrote:Well I'm kinda of thinking of sticking with the flags myself. IMHO, the map looks cleaner with the flags. Oh well I thought I would give it a try. Flags it is!
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.2* - pg.16
Okay back to using the flags.
Changed Ecovania color from brown to green and cleaned up a couple of borders.
Changed Ecovania color from brown to green and cleaned up a couple of borders.
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
Libertarians is spelled wrong.
And I think the little fish icon in your signature will be considered offensive to some.
And I think the little fish icon in your signature will be considered offensive to some.

Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
So he should get rid of his avatar too?72o wrote:And I think the little fish icon in your signature will be considered offensive to some.
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
I like the green for "Ecovania" but it's too bright. My eyes keep wandering over to that side of the map because it's so bright.
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
If we go there, we I could ask that anyone with an offensive avatar should remove it. I find some avatars offensive but I don't ask them to change it or report them. There has to be some common sense here. Anyways thanks 72o for noticing the spelling mistake, englush was never my butter subjactsoundman wrote:So he should get rid of his avatar too?72o wrote:And I think the little fish icon in your signature will be considered offensive to some.It's just his signature on the map and I doubt anyone would find a problem with that.
Now how can we get it into the foundry? Hmmm ...
Too bright? Nah, you're kidding me right? Well okay I'll subdue it a little.
- porkenbeans
- Posts: 2546
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
This may be a bit off topic, but I got to thinking about his sig.
Tell me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Isiah from the bible that said something to the effect that, he would not study war no more ?
I just find it ironic that this map in specific, and CC in general, is all about the study of war.
Maybe I am mistaken, if so, someone please correct me, and if anyone knows the author of the quote, I would be interested to know who it was. 
Tell me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Isiah from the bible that said something to the effect that, he would not study war no more ?
I just find it ironic that this map in specific, and CC in general, is all about the study of war.

-
WidowMakers
- Posts: 2775
- Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Detroit, MI
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
Yes that was Isaiah. But in chapter 2 he was referring to the end times when Christ will reign.porkenbeans wrote:This may be a bit off topic, but I got to thinking about his sig.
Tell me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Isiah from the bible that said something to the effect that, he would not study war no more ?
I just find it ironic that this map in specific, and CC in general, is all about the study of war.Maybe I am mistaken, if so, someone please correct me, and if anyone knows the author of the quote, I would be interested to know who it was.
http://www.christnotes.org/commentary.p ... =2&com=wes
http://bible.cc/isaiah/2-4.htm
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =399817012
There are many places in the Bible that God commands and sanctions war.
http://www.gotquestions.org/war-Bible.html
http://www.saddleback.com/story/5581.html
You just need to make sure you do not take things out of context.
WM

- porkenbeans
- Posts: 2546
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
Thank you for the info. But I do not want to start an off topic discussion here. It was just something that struck me as being very ironic. (in a light hearted sort of way).WidowMakers wrote:Yes that was Isaiah. But in chapter 2 he was referring to the end times when Christ will reign.porkenbeans wrote:This may be a bit off topic, but I got to thinking about his sig.
Tell me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Isiah from the bible that said something to the effect that, he would not study war no more ?
I just find it ironic that this map in specific, and CC in general, is all about the study of war.Maybe I am mistaken, if so, someone please correct me, and if anyone knows the author of the quote, I would be interested to know who it was.
http://www.christnotes.org/commentary.p ... =2&com=wes
http://bible.cc/isaiah/2-4.htm
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =399817012
There are many places in the Bible that God commands and sanctions war.
http://www.gotquestions.org/war-Bible.html
http://www.saddleback.com/story/5581.html
You just need to make sure you do not take things out of context.
WM

Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
ya should add some red & white stripes to AMEXICA. cept do it diagonally.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
And that should do what for the mapjefjef wrote:ya should add some red & white stripes to AMEXICA. cept do it diagonally.
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
Don't scratch your chin with me.isaiah40 wrote:And that should do what for the mapjefjef wrote:ya should add some red & white stripes to AMEXICA. cept do it diagonally.I'm thinking it will make it stand out more, or to differentiate it from the rest of the map.
Just a graphics idea.. Breaks up solid colors & blends the AMEXICO theme.
- Evil DIMwit
- Posts: 1616
- Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Philadelphia, NJ
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
While we're nitpicking flag designs, have you tried making the Dem donkey face to the left? I think it'd make it seem more confrontational and make for a subtle visual joke..
Re: Fractured America - *Updated V5.3* - pg.16
Good idea but I don't think I want to go there. There was already to much heat from my original idea.Evil DIMwit wrote:While we're nitpicking flag designs, have you tried making the Dem donkey face to the left? I think it'd make it seem more confrontational and make for a subtle visual joke..



