Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [Quenched]
Moderator: Cartographers
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.5.12] V15-P15 Small & Lge
Yes it is more helpful but it is hard to see the cross in the legend. Also I'm not sure if a cross fits the map it looks slightly out of place to me so maybe another symbol would be better but I can't think of what. Maybe just a star or asterisk.
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.5.12] V15-P15 Small & Lge
Thanks jippd, i'll see what i can do.Jippd wrote:Yes it is more helpful but it is hard to see the cross in the legend. Also I'm not sure if a cross fits the map it looks slightly out of place to me so maybe another symbol would be better but I can't think of what. Maybe just a star or asterisk.

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
- AndyDufresne
- Posts: 24919
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
- Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
- Contact:
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.5.12] V15-P15 Small & Lge
You could always try something like one of the following for utilities...


Ha, maybe not, but you'll find something.
--Andy
Spoiler


--Andy
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.5.12] V15-P15 Small & Lge
Yes, Andy, those are not bad ideas, thanks for that tracking to the thought process.
I haven't anything in mind yet, but am trying to think of the something that would be very pertinent to the PM inhabitants.
I haven't anything in mind yet, but am trying to think of the something that would be very pertinent to the PM inhabitants.

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
- AndyDufresne
- Posts: 24919
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
- Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
- Contact:
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.5.12] V15-P15 Small & Lge
Could you do a smaller / simplified image like the icon you borrowed from Port Moseby's flag?

--Andy
--Andy
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.5.12] V15-P15 Small & Lge
Or a lightning bolt or a water drop (to represent electricity or water)
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.5.12] V15-P15 Small & Lge
What about this...does this work?
I wanted something that was representative of Port Moresby and industry...so the curved icon is the image of the federal parliament and the slanted roof piece is iconic for industry - side by side.
Black and white was the best colour to use for contrast on the map...it simply doesn't work well in purple or other colours.

I wanted something that was representative of Port Moresby and industry...so the curved icon is the image of the federal parliament and the slanted roof piece is iconic for industry - side by side.
Black and white was the best colour to use for contrast on the map...it simply doesn't work well in purple or other colours.


* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
Version 16 S & L
1. moved the utilities legend piece a fraction
2. Tidied middle legend top left and defocused the wording

1. moved the utilities legend piece a fraction
2. Tidied middle legend top left and defocused the wording


* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
- Nola_Lifer
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
- Location: 雪山
- Contact:
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
Can you move Rot Faiv, in Nappa Nappa Rot Faiv, to the left a little. Its tough to read. keep thinking its an n.
- x-raider
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:32 am
- Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
The art/graphics on this are amazing: 5/5!
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
Sure...done...please Ctrl + F5 to refresh above image to see change.Nola_Lifer wrote:Can you move Rot Faiv, in Nappa Nappa Rot Faiv, to the left a little. Its tough to read. keep thinking its an n.
From an Ausssie x-raider, thank-you, your gratitiude is greatly appreciated.x-raider wrote:The art/graphics on this are amazing: 5/5!

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
Under the impassables legend there is a butterfly? I don't see a butterfly on the map anywhere? is it decoration or an impassable?
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
There's a lot of other butterflies on my other maps tooJippd wrote:Under the impassables legend there is a butterfly? I don't see a butterfly on the map anywhere? is it decoration or an impassable?
check my avatar also...make the link?

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
Awaiting Sully with the xml, we are!

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
So it is decoration not an impassable right?
I'm trying to make sure that I was not missing a secret hidden butterfly impassable on the map
I'm trying to make sure that I was not missing a secret hidden butterfly impassable on the map
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
It sits the left of "impassables"..it is my signature and 99.9% of players know thatJippd wrote:So it is decoration not an impassable right?

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
I'm not implying it should or shouldn't be moved or anything of the sort...I'm just asking a question. I have interpreted from your vague answers that what you are saying is "no there is no butterfly impassable anywhere and yes it is just decoration".
Thank you for your time, I'm sorry for being more dumb than 99.9% of conquer club and not knowing your "signature" was a butterfly like every other player on this site.
Thank you for your time, I'm sorry for being more dumb than 99.9% of conquer club and not knowing your "signature" was a butterfly like every other player on this site.
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
i find it strange that some people can't put two and two together.Jippd wrote:I'm not implying it should or shouldn't be moved or anything of the sort...I'm just asking a question. I have interpreted from your vague answers that what you are saying is "no there is no butterfly impassable anywhere and yes it is just decoration".
Thank you for your time, I'm sorry for being more dumb than 99.9% of conquer club and not knowing your "signature" was a butterfly like every other player on this site.
If there are impassables that are inconised and labelled Maunten, Wara, Diwai and they represent impassables similar to those on other maps that are almost common place then it makes some sense that you would question a butterfly but no sense why you wouldn't question a rectangle at the bottom with some writing on it.
i am sorry for not giving you the black and white answer you were after, and there is no implination that you are dumb nor anyone else on this site. You just fall into that bracket that didn't know, but now you do.

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
Because the version I was looking at was one where it was the img posted directly in the reply. Your name and medals were overlapping the map and it actually covered that part up. I didn't notice it til I went back and clicked on the bigimg and expanded it that I saw the lableing of the river, mountains, and trees and that box thing too. The reason that I questioned the butterfly is because I saw that and not the box with the symbols.cairnswk wrote: i find it strange that some people can't put two and two together.
If there are impassables that are inconised and labelled Maunten, Wara, Diwai and they represent impassables similar to those on other maps that are almost common place then it makes some sense that you would question a butterfly but no sense why you wouldn't question a rectangle at the bottom with some writing on it.
i am sorry for not giving you the black and white answer you were after, and there is no implination that you are dumb nor anyone else on this site. You just fall into that bracket that didn't know, but now you do.
You continue to insult me. "I find it strange that some people can't put two and two together"
I thought the reason of this forum was so people who want to create maps can get feedback from players, and so that players could ask questions about the map to get a better understanding of them.
Did I look at the wrong version by looking at the one that was overlapped by your medals and name stuff in the post? Yes
Did the bigimg when expanded answer my confusion about the butterfly? Yes
Could you have easily explained that it was just decoration in reply to my first post? Yes
Did you get snotty in your responses and seem to act like I should have known about the butterfly instead? Yes
So I'm sorry that I looked at the wrong image. I'll be sure to never bother you with my stupididty and inability to put two and two together ever again by making sure I never post in any map thread you create. After all, I'd hate to get insulted after trying to help understand the map.
Maybe the black and white answer would have been the best and easiest route. Or maybe I'm just a complete moron and should not be allowed to ask questions in a forum designed for talking and discussing.
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
^^^ Oh dear, the full moon is taking effect.
Now is that an insult also?
Common Jippd, you've already admitted your error above and i've admitted mine.
Nobody asked you not to come back...so that is your decision anyway.
It's sad you've got your nose out of joint over a silly image and my somewhat "prickly" reply which was not "snotty" but your interpretation was that of snotty since you were on the reading end.
I haven't got mine out of joint because of your questioning.
As for discussing things, well over the last several years that i have been making these maps, there are many prickly people around in this forum, and they come in all forms, so nothing surprises me anymore, but the questioning that some people do, does.
And we were discussing things.
As you said, the easiest route would have been the black and white one.
Common Jippd, you've already admitted your error above and i've admitted mine.
Nobody asked you not to come back...so that is your decision anyway.
It's sad you've got your nose out of joint over a silly image and my somewhat "prickly" reply which was not "snotty" but your interpretation was that of snotty since you were on the reading end.
I haven't got mine out of joint because of your questioning.
As for discussing things, well over the last several years that i have been making these maps, there are many prickly people around in this forum, and they come in all forms, so nothing surprises me anymore, but the questioning that some people do, does.
And we were discussing things.
As you said, the easiest route would have been the black and white one.

* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
- Nola_Lifer
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
- Location: 雪山
- Contact:
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [13.5.12] V16-P16 Small & Lge
Yes, i did examine where else to place the butterfly yesterday after this occurred...i don't want it in the title area or the main legend parts; the rest of the map is pretty full, so really think this is the obvious place for it.Nola_Lifer wrote:Cairns has to put his stamp somewhere.
Update.
Having said the above, i have now re-arranged that top right corner to remove the signature icons from the impassables legend so that hopefully that situation with Jippd won't happen again.
I'm not overly impressed with re-arrangement as i preferred to previous version as it flowed better with the design, however, if it makes something easier to understand, then...


* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.6.12] V17-P17 Small & Lge
LOL put it back cairns it looked better your way. Like I said I was confused cuz I was looking at the legend with your name and medals overlapping it which made it hard to read. It looked better the other way
Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [5.6.12] V17-P17 Small & Lge
That is what the problem was...its a forum and picture and my screen size issue, not a map issue that I was having.


