Marriage Amendments....
Moderator: Community Team
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Nature invented marriage
about your post I am just seeing, ever heard of a civil union?
about your post I am just seeing, ever heard of a civil union?
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Really? Where did we find marriage in nature? I think you're confusing the Bible with reality. Nature is teeming with examples where monogamy is absurd. We as a society constructed an institution where a person would only have one sexual partner for their entire life.Phatscotty wrote:Nature invented marriage
about your post I am just seeing, ever heard of a civil union?
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
There is only one person here who keeps bringing up the Bible, and it isn't me, so check your premise or else accept that you are spinning out of control with your thoughtless responsesMetsfanmax wrote:Really? Where did we find marriage in nature? I think you're confusing the Bible with reality.Phatscotty wrote:Nature invented marriage
about your post I am just seeing, ever heard of a civil union?
The nature is found in that the penis carries sperm, and the vagina carries eggs. The vagina is meant for the penis, and the penis is meant for the vagina. It's natural for the male and the female to connect, and it is what nature has intended. Sure, some bonobo monkeys practice homosexuality, and an otter might get a chubby from rubbing on a wet log, and maybe 2 male panda bears live together forever, oh and there was this one US revolutionary general who liked guys; but nature has created the sexes for a purpose, and if it did not, we would not be here.
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
That has absolutely nothing to do with marriage. Marriage is about having sex with only one person for the rest of your life. That is most unnatural: only around 5% of animal species are monogamous.Phatscotty wrote: The nature is found in that the penis carries sperm, and the vagina carries eggs. The vagina is meant for the penis, and the penis is meant for the vagina. It's natural for the male and the female to connect, and it is what nature has intended. Sure, some bonobo monkeys practice homosexuality, and an otter might get a chubby from rubbing on a wet log, and maybe 2 male panda bears live together forever, oh and there was thing on US revolutionary general who liked guys, but nature has created purpose, and if it did not, we would not be here.
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Phatscotty wrote:The nature is found in that the penis carries sperm, and the vagina carries eggs.
Dude, that's not how it works.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Come now, you can't expect them to have passed high school biology. Pick your battles, bro.Symmetry wrote:Phatscotty wrote:The nature is found in that the penis carries sperm, and the vagina carries eggs.![]()
Dude, that's not how it works.
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
If that is a surprise to you and you would like a resource for learning basic human biology, I can provide you with a source on Amazon.Phatscotty wrote:wow........just wow
- muy_thaiguy
- Posts: 12730
- Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back in Black
- Contact:
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Just to point this out, some species of animals do have lifetime mates (as in one). Bald eagles come to mind.Metsfanmax wrote:Really? Where did we find marriage in nature? I think you're confusing the Bible with reality. Nature is teeming with examples where monogamy is absurd. We as a society constructed an institution where a person would only have one sexual partner for their entire life.Phatscotty wrote:Nature invented marriage
about your post I am just seeing, ever heard of a civil union?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous
What, you expected something deep or flashy?
-Anonymous
What, you expected something deep or flashy?
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
it's seems that you are unaware that a penis belongs to a male, and a vagina belongs to a female ( not surprised). That should be enough for you to get an extremely basic point without me having to give a dissertation on the scrotum and ovaries.Metsfanmax wrote:If that is a surprise to you and you would like a resource for learning basic human biology, I can provide you with a source on Amazon.Phatscotty wrote:wow........just wow
I think you sounded less stupid when you were attacking me as a Bible-thumper
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Here you go:Phatscotty wrote:it's seems that you are unaware that a penis belongs to a male, and a vagina belongs to a female ( not surprised). That should be enough for you to get an extremely basic point without me having to give a dissertation on the scrotum and ovaries.Metsfanmax wrote:If that is a surprise to you and you would like a resource for learning basic human biology, I can provide you with a source on Amazon.Phatscotty wrote:wow........just wow
I think you sounded less stupid when you were attacking me as a Bible-thumper

http://www.amazon.com/Its-So-Amazing-Fa ... 546&sr=8-1
Re: Marriage Amendments....
I think he's interested on your weird screeds about sex ed. They get more fascinating as the dearth of your knowledge becomes more apparent.Phatscotty wrote:it's seems that you are unaware that a penis belongs to a male, and a vagina belongs to a female ( not surprised). That should be enough for you to get an extremely basic point without me having to give a dissertation on the scrotum and ovaries.Metsfanmax wrote:If that is a surprise to you and you would like a resource for learning basic human biology, I can provide you with a source on Amazon.Phatscotty wrote:wow........just wow
I think you sounded less stupid when you were attacking me as a Bible-thumper
Did you think people would tell you the basics after marriage?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Mets, on a "hunch" can I ask you something along the lines of another First Amendment section, the Freedom of Speech.
Just curious, to try to understand your views more clearly, do you think that speech which is offensive or oppressive should be illegal?
Just curious, to try to understand your views more clearly, do you think that speech which is offensive or oppressive should be illegal?
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
I am fairly content with the Brandenburg standard for what speech should be illegal.Phatscotty wrote:Mets, on a "hunch" can I ask you something along the lines of another First Amendment section, the Freedom of Speech.
Just curious, to try to understand your views more clearly, do you think that speech which is offensive or oppressive should be illegal?
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
traditional marriage propaganda!Metsfanmax wrote:Here you go:Phatscotty wrote:it's seems that you are unaware that a penis belongs to a male, and a vagina belongs to a female ( not surprised). That should be enough for you to get an extremely basic point without me having to give a dissertation on the scrotum and ovaries.Metsfanmax wrote:If that is a surprise to you and you would like a resource for learning basic human biology, I can provide you with a source on Amazon.Phatscotty wrote:wow........just wow
I think you sounded less stupid when you were attacking me as a Bible-thumper
http://www.amazon.com/Its-So-Amazing-Fa ... 546&sr=8-1
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Wrong. There are both black people and white people in that photo. Not traditional marriage.Phatscotty wrote:traditional marriage propaganda!Metsfanmax wrote:Here you go:Phatscotty wrote:it's seems that you are unaware that a penis belongs to a male, and a vagina belongs to a female ( not surprised). That should be enough for you to get an extremely basic point without me having to give a dissertation on the scrotum and ovaries.Metsfanmax wrote:If that is a surprise to you and you would like a resource for learning basic human biology, I can provide you with a source on Amazon.Phatscotty wrote:wow........just wow
I think you sounded less stupid when you were attacking me as a Bible-thumper
http://www.amazon.com/Its-So-Amazing-Fa ... 546&sr=8-1
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
What was wrong with what he said?Phatscotty wrote:filling the void left by Woodruff I see....
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
- Metsfanmax
- Posts: 6619
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
PS, your position is filled with hypocrisy, and I think it's because you care not for states' rights or liberty but a singular vision of how marriage ought to be. In doing so you would toss aside the Constitution and the concept of equality and justice. You do not get to make this choice. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and it says in plain language that what you are trying to do is against the law. I don't care what your personal views on liberty are. This decision is not up to you; it has been made already. Therefore what you are trying to do is harmful to this nation. I know that's not what you're trying to do. But it is what is the end consequence of your narrow mindedness on this issue.Phatscotty wrote:filling the void left by Woodruff I see....
You should never be willing to sacrifice the principles upon which the country rests because they grate against your personal beliefs on how things should work. That is the antithesis of being a patriot.
- thegreekdog
- Posts: 7246
- Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Philadelphia
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Excellent post. Well done.Metsfanmax wrote:PS, your position is filled with hypocrisy, and I think it's because you care not for states' rights or liberty but a singular vision of how marriage ought to be. In doing so you would toss aside the Constitution and the concept of equality and justice. You do not get to make this choice. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and it says in plain language that what you are trying to do is against the law. I don't care what your personal views on liberty are. This decision is not up to you; it has been made already. Therefore what you are trying to do is harmful to this nation. I know that's not what you're trying to do. But it is what is the end consequence of your narrow mindedness on this issue.Phatscotty wrote:filling the void left by Woodruff I see....
You should never be willing to sacrifice the principles upon which the country rests because they grate against your personal beliefs on how things should work. That is the antithesis of being a patriot.
- crispybits
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Re: Marriage Amendments....
So your point is that marriage happens whenever a male and a female do the bump and grind?
Or is your point that they can have civil union but marriage is OUR WORD!!!! Waaaa!
Pathetic grounds for discrimination either way
Or is your point that they can have civil union but marriage is OUR WORD!!!! Waaaa!
Pathetic grounds for discrimination either way
Last edited by crispybits on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Marriage Amendments....
... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!Metsfanmax wrote:... The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and it says in plain language that what you are trying to do is against the law. I don't care what your personal views on liberty are. This decision is not up to you; it has been made already....
... The Constitution became irrelevant to what happens in the U.S. quite some time ago, Metsfan".
... Where you been?
...
Re: Marriage Amendments....
You may well be correct, to a degree, but how does that explain a certain Phat poster appealing to the Constitution when it suits his purpose , yet ignoring it when it doesn't. Would you agree that such behaviour is the mark of a hypocrite ?Nobunaga wrote:... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!Metsfanmax wrote:... The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and it says in plain language that what you are trying to do is against the law. I don't care what your personal views on liberty are. This decision is not up to you; it has been made already....
... The Constitution became irrelevant to what happens in the U.S. quite some time ago, Metsfan".
... Where you been?
...
Im a TOFU miSfit
- rdsrds2120
- Posts: 6274
- Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
Immortalize that one-liner!Metsfanmax wrote: You should never be willing to sacrifice the principles upon which the country rests because they grate against your personal beliefs on how things should work. That is the antithesis of being a patriot.
BMO
- Phatscotty
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Marriage Amendments....
I don't give a crap what gay people do or if they get married or not, so you are flat out wrong. I just happen to think giving the government the power to sue religious institutions for not handling their work the way government says they have to is the worst way to deal with this issue.Metsfanmax wrote:PS, your position is filled with hypocrisy, and I think it's because you care not for states' rights or liberty but a singular vision of how marriage ought to be. In doing so you would toss aside the Constitution and the concept of equality and justice. You do not get to make this choice. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and it says in plain language that what you are trying to do is against the law. I don't care what your personal views on liberty are. This decision is not up to you; it has been made already. Therefore what you are trying to do is harmful to this nation. I know that's not what you're trying to do. But it is what is the end consequence of your narrow mindedness on this issue.Phatscotty wrote:filling the void left by Woodruff I see....
You should never be willing to sacrifice the principles upon which the country rests because they grate against your personal beliefs on how things should work. That is the antithesis of being a patriot.
Either we believe in the first amendment, freedom of religion, and separation of Church and State, or we don't. I'm not about to sacrifice these CONSTITUTIONAL principles at their core because someone thinks they are being discriminated against by way of not receiving their fair share of monetary benefits.
Don't worry about Greekdog, he will never get it, but it seems he will always be repeating that he doesn't get it.
