Conquer Club

Mongol Empire Map [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby The1exile on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:49 pm

Or considering that there are many people who do like the current version?
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby hulmey on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:56 pm

what about the people who where limited in choice..I didnt vote because i didnt like any of the options...

the mountains are the best on CC and even the flat buildings fit in really well but i really think Guiscard could make this map one of the best visually on CC just by replacing the desert with something.

Its not up to me at the end of the day...But at least if he could show us a alternative (which wouldnt take too long) we could be proved wrong...Or the map could look much better!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby KEYOGI on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:18 pm

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. Guiscard posted three good options for people to choose from and the best one was chosen.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Lone.prophet on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:47 pm

the third one looks way better the first one will cause confusion cause there is no bordre maytbe v1 with the border of v3
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby Guiscard on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm

Look guys I'm afraid I've made a decision for the time being. I'd like to wait and see what Andy says. After a lot of debate and my utmost attempts to give everyone an example they can at least see as being on the right track the vote has said option one, and it is by far the one I like best too.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby mibi on Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 am

as far as the vote goes, it looks like 36 people like the 'blursert' and 34 people don't. what this suggest to me, is that you need to find an alternate desert that half the people don't dislike. like someone else said earlier, this map could be one of the best graphically on the site, but certainly not with that smudge up there, it doesn't fit with anything else in the map.
Captain mibi

Postby Wisse on Tue May 01, 2007 8:55 am

mibi wrote:as far as the vote goes, it looks like 36 people like the 'blursert' and 34 people don't. what this suggest to me, is that you need to find an alternate desert that half the people don't dislike. like someone else said earlier, this map could be one of the best graphically on the site, but certainly not with that smudge up there, it doesn't fit with anything else in the map.

its not saying they dislike it... its saying they think that one is better...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby hulmey on Tue May 01, 2007 9:39 am

might point exactly Wisse..A fourth option should have been added i.e, dont like any of them...

This poll wasnt done correctly as far as im concerned....
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby boberz on Tue May 01, 2007 9:52 am

i do agree but it makes me laugh how people always bring other maps into a discussion like this, lone. prophet your map should stay in your thread
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby johloh on Tue May 01, 2007 10:24 am

well, i looked at the xml closer and the centering is off because the army circles were changed...

its not a problem to fix it, except that the new circles arent the right size (atleast in the small) so they cant be properly centered...same problem that was going on in the 8 thoughts map...they need to be a pixel wider, or a pixel thinner...
my new site - http://www.spritestitch.com/ - A video game craft weblog...
Major johloh

Postby Guiscard on Tue May 01, 2007 12:08 pm

johloh wrote:well, i looked at the xml closer and the centering is off because the army circles were changed...

its not a problem to fix it, except that the new circles arent the right size (atleast in the small) so they cant be properly centered...same problem that was going on in the 8 thoughts map...they need to be a pixel wider, or a pixel thinner...

Oh ok... I enlarged the circles on the small map without paying attention to the number of pixels. I'll try and make them one px smaller if that would help.

As for the debate about the desert, I'd really like some input from Andy at this time and I'd ask everyone to just hold their horses and stop re-hashing the same arguments for the time being.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby Ruben Cassar on Tue May 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Guiscard this is your map at the end of the day so just make your decision about the desert. I agree with you that the first option is the best. The majority of the respondents agreed with us in the poll as well.

So what's the problem? Just choose the first option and let's move on. If there are other issues with this map fine, but the desert should be a closed chapter.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 01, 2007 6:10 pm

I agree with Ruben on his points. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Guiscard on Tue May 01, 2007 6:14 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I agree with Ruben on his points. :)

--Andy

Brilliant. I'm gonna leave the desert as it is now. I'd appreciate it if people don't just repeat what they've said before if they object to the current desert. Moving on, the updates that need doing at the moment are:

*Get rid of the little bit of land which sticks out of the legend (I now know what you mean Wisse, but it took me a while :D )

*Reduce the army circles on the small map by 1px to make the centring perfect.

If anyone else has any changes which they believe need implementing lets here them! Hopefully they should only be minor considerations. Really glad all the major issues have finally been resolved.

Postby hulmey on Wed May 02, 2007 12:57 pm

The poll was done badly and now your refusing to show us a alternative....Your just as bad as Qwert lol

If it was just me that didnt like the desert at ALL i would say you have a valid point but it isnt!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby mibi on Wed May 02, 2007 1:04 pm

i think you should have taken up conrickster's offer, kid knows what hes doing with deserts.
Captain mibi

Postby Qwert on Wed May 02, 2007 1:20 pm

hulmey

Posted: 02 May 2007 17:57 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The poll was done badly and now your refusing to show us a alternative....Your just as bad as Qwert lol

If it was just me that didnt like the desert at ALL i would say you have a valid point but it isnt!!

Maybe he smarter then i, and belive that people dont see these. :wink:
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 02, 2007 1:35 pm

mibi wrote:i think you should have taken up conrickster's offer, kid knows what hes doing with deserts.

I'm afraid I don't agree to be honest. I actually don't like contrickster's desert overly and I really don't think one in that style would fit on this map. As I said previously, a big single dune would just look like a sandy-coloured mountain range, and a mountain range different in style to the other one on the map and so in my opinion it wouldn't fit. I'm afraid in this case I think it really does come down to the cartographers decision with such a failure to reach consensus. For everyone who thinks it is bad there are people who think it fits well and is suitable (ruben, keyogi, myself, andy etc.) and, in line with the result of the vote, this is how its gonna stay I'm afraid. Thats my reasoning and thats my decision.

Hopefully we can move on and just agree to disagree.

Postby Qwert on Wed May 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Qwert,

I know you feel personally insulted by the advice certain members of the foundry gave in regards to your maps, but I would appreciate it if you didn't bring personal disagreements into other map threads. Your stirring attitude has no place in other people's map threads, and the only thing you should be posting is constructive advice - not childish squabbles.

Your only going to make people think worse of you if you carry on as you are doing now. You're just making yourself look childish and making any future for you as a valued part of the foundry pretty bleak-looking. Do you not think you should move on from your arguments over the eastern front map and either try and contribute constructively, like everyone else does, or not post at all?

I really don't mean this in ill will, I just wanted to make my opinion on your conduct clear without dragging it out in the forums. I don't want to initiate any 'qwert-bashing', just to tell you that I'm not at all impressed with your current posts.

Guiscard

Please dont send me a private message, if you want to tell something, just tell. I dont nothing to hide.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 02, 2007 3:59 pm

qwert wrote:
Qwert,

I know you feel personally insulted by the advice certain members of the foundry gave in regards to your maps, but I would appreciate it if you didn't bring personal disagreements into other map threads. Your stirring attitude has no place in other people's map threads, and the only thing you should be posting is constructive advice - not childish squabbles.

Your only going to make people think worse of you if you carry on as you are doing now. You're just making yourself look childish and making any future for you as a valued part of the foundry pretty bleak-looking. Do you not think you should move on from your arguments over the eastern front map and either try and contribute constructively, like everyone else does, or not post at all?

I really don't mean this in ill will, I just wanted to make my opinion on your conduct clear without dragging it out in the forums. I don't want to initiate any 'qwert-bashing', just to tell you that I'm not at all impressed with your current posts.

Guiscard

Please dont send me a private message, if you want to tell something, just tell. I dont nothing to hide.

:roll:

Postby KEYOGI on Wed May 02, 2007 11:14 pm

qwert wrote:Please dont send me a private message, if you want to tell something, just tell. I dont nothing to hide.

I'd prefer it if more members attempted to sort their differences or any other off topic discussions via PM. It's more appropriate than clogging up a thread with useless conversation.

Keep up the good work Guiscard.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 09, 2007 5:21 pm

OK after realising the thread had slipped onto the second page I've actually wrestled with army circles and I think its sorted. The small map is pretty different now so sorry Johloh, but the xml will need a bit of a tweak. The circles are exactly the same size on both maps, however, so hopefully centralising should be fine. I've also got rid of that little bit of land (thanks Wisse)

Postby RobinJ on Wed May 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Yep, I would say this is quenchable :) :wink:
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby mibi on Wed May 09, 2007 5:46 pm

the names are a bit difficult to read in the small map... i never use small maps but for those that do, it can be annoying. If this has already been discussed then just ignore me ;)
Captain mibi

Postby RobinJ on Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm

I would disagree - I think the names are as clear as they are ever going to be
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas