Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Balsiefen on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:08 am

oh dear its happened again #-o ](*,)

qwert, at least leave the maps so someone else can tweak them and get it final forged, it would still be your map
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Postby boberz on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:16 am

hulmey i see you have changed your tune, only a couple of days ago i thought you were a new qwert but now you seem to realise he is a liability to the foundry, i do mean that. Any other map maker including antjo i would be sorry to see go but i gave up qwert a long time ago and the fact he was not willing to allow others to take on the map even when suspended/abandoned sums up his input to the foundry. He wants a fair foundry, he just cant take it when somebody disagrees with this
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby hulmey on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:13 pm

well boberz u try to encourage and motivate but its thrown back in your face!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby boberz on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:12 am

thats what happened to me but for a suggestion if this ever is taken up why not just have a plain black title and then it allows people to focus on the reast of the board. THis is just a suggestion for anybody who wishes to take it up because i am sure qwert will come orund soon and let soebody else complete it

Postby Coleman on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:33 am

I'm going to say this right now since someone posted recently. This map is dead, can we please let it fall off the first page of the foundry?

If someone else wants to get the author's permission to continue the map then they can do it and make a new topic.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Skittles! on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:50 am

But.. I wana see it get to page 100!
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Coleman on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:51 am

Skittles! wrote:But.. I wana see it get to page 100!

Go to the spam forum, lol.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Skittles! on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:51 am

Coleman wrote:
Skittles! wrote:But.. I wana see it get to page 100!

Go to the spam forum, lol.

Been there, done that.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby boberz on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:12 am

but qwert has the skill if we could make him see sense and he was less childish he would be one of the best map makers

Postby Guiscard on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:13 am

boberz wrote:but qwert has the skill if we could make him see sense and he was less childish he would be one of the best map makers

Really? Why didn't we think of that earlier! :roll:
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby boberz on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:15 am

i know we have tried but if we keep on at him maybe he will come good

Postby Coleman on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:21 am

This has lost cause written all over it.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Guiscard on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:24 am

Coleman wrote:This has lost cause written all over it.

Indeed. Stop trying Boberz. We've tried everything humanely possible.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby hulmey on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:17 pm

yeah let use our efforts elsewhere ( still trying to get it to page 100 :D )
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby qeee1 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:37 pm

I want to see this map on the site, and will continue to advise whether you guys do or not. Of course it's up to qwert whether he wants to come back to it. I hope he does.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:33 pm

I bet that qwert will change his mind and decide to try to finish this one in around 3 weeks tops. I do believe the map will be quenched before the end of the year! :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Guiscard on Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:33 pm

qeee1 wrote:I want to see this map on the site, and will continue to advise whether you guys do or not. Of course it's up to qwert whether he wants to come back to it. I hope he does.

We'd all be happy to keep commenting and advising if he'd take the advise. He won't. So this map and all others by Qwert are finished.

Postby hulmey on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:45 pm

Yeah i know qeee1 it really is a good map in terms of playability and graphics....

I prefer the other map Iowa Jima...And i rencntly watched the film FLAGS OF OUR FATHER so want to play it even more...

Oh well never mind :)
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby alster on Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:56 am

hulmey wrote:Im sorry Qwert its not how the foundry works.....

If someone has a issue with your map you have to make the corrections...Theres no good waiting for Andy because he will tell you the same thing.

I'm not a regular poster in this forum. I'm merely a visitor now and then. However, reading that post made me flinch. As an outsider, I have to say that it seems like a bullshit statement.

Let me get this straight. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is this:
1. A mapmaker who puts in a lot of effort and work creating a new map,
2. has to make every possible "correction" that is suggested in the forum
3. because that is how the foundry works?

Jebus....

Well, this is my two cents. Qwert should just put up his map here, made the way he wants it to be, and then make a take it or leave it offer. If you guys are so anal and don't respect the artist behind the map, then you don't really deserve this great map. And the CC community doesn't deserve it either for not being involved seeing this weird-ass behavior...
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby KEYOGI on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:37 am

Perhaps you should go read the How to Make a Map thread alstergren. Pay close attention to step 3. :)
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby boberz on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:19 am

if this process wasnt in place people would be able to put anything up for play the way it works now means that everybody can have a fair crack at making a good map

Postby alster on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:19 am

KEYOGI wrote:Perhaps you should go read the How to Make a Map thread alstergren. Pay close attention to step 3.

Yeah, I know, I know...

A lot of people are doing great work, all for free and all on their spare time. It's just that I believe that the mapmakers must be given some free rein here. It's not reasonable for people to demand all kinds of changes just like that.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby boberz on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:26 am

if a map maker has a reason not to do something then he doesnot have to do it, some people, qwert, just look for excuses and reasons, there was no reason not to smooth the borders

Postby Wisse on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:30 am

if someone still has a picture of the map can he display it here?
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Guiscard on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:54 am

alstergren wrote:A lot of people are doing great work, all for free and all on their spare time. It's just that I believe that the mapmakers must be given some free rein here. It's not reasonable for people to demand all kinds of changes just like that.

The key is that, in the foundry, you must have a well explained and justified reason if you don't want to make a change that people suggest. Reasons to not implement individual suggestions could include:

'The font has already been discussed and the majority are now happy with it'

'I believe the continent system should be thus, and although some disagree others do agree with me and I'm making a decision as the cartographer after much thought to go with this way.'

NOT

'I don't want to make any more changes. I've made enough'

This was when many many people were asking for a minor change which would make the map visually better. The change would have taken minutes, and it was no different to requests made of other maps where borders are smoothed, changed to accommodate army shadows etc.

if you followed the thread properly you may have realised EVERYONE who supported Qwert at any stage has been alienated by his childish strbborn nature.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas