Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby sam_levi_11 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:59 pm

qwert, i think it needs blurring, look at the border between minsk and smolensk.that looks horrible
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:27 pm

You dont see any diference of these 2 terittory? Please see better.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sam_levi_11 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:33 pm

the border is jaggy and needs blurring or re working
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby fluffybunnykins on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:39 pm

Am I blind? I don't see anything excessively jaggy here. I'd say that if being jaggy was a reason to keep a map from going live then there's quite a few released maps that should go back into the foundry...
What's the problem here? It looks great to me
The border between Minsk & Smolensk??? what's wrong with it? Compare it to Montreal! I think you'll find this border is significantly less 'horrible' than any you'll find there.
Superman wears 'Fluffybunnykins' pyjamas
Corporal 1st Class fluffybunnykins

Postby luckiekevin on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:46 pm

fluffybunnykins wrote: Compare it to Montreal! I think you'll find this border is significantly less 'horrible' than any you'll find there.

Just because one map looks like poop doesn't mean that the rest should.
Corporal luckiekevin

Postby fluffybunnykins on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:50 pm

but this one already looks great... just because I compared it to something really ugly, doesn't mean this is even in the same league. This map is way better looking than quite a few other maps that we can already play on.

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:38 pm

The borders betwen these 2 terittory must be diferent,becouse you dont see that Smolensk are terittory from 1 country and Minsk from other.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:43 pm

fluffybunnykins wrote:but this one already looks great... just because I compared it to something really ugly, doesn't mean this is even in the same league. This map is way better looking than quite a few other maps that we can already play on.

Those maps were put up for play before we had the foundry as it is now (as we keep saying over and over and over...)

There were different standards now, and just because bad maps were let through in the past doesn't mean they should be now, and especially not just in Qwert's case (whereas every other map maker getting maps forged has had to abide by the strict procedures). Plus, the old maps are gradually being revamped to hold up to the current foundry standard (see Keyogi's gorgeous new Middle East map)

If you can't see the problem with jagged edges then good for you, but some of us can and it should be fixed. Nobody is saying 'I prefer it jagged and I think it 100% SHOULDN'T be smoothed out'. People are either indifferent (i.e. 'let it be quenched I can't see what the big deal is' or want it changed (i.e. 'blur the borders because at the moment it isn't perfect'). It is the work of a few minutes to rectify this and please everybody, both sides! Nobody will be unhappy with a bit of blur being added.

I know everyone wants to play this map but please please remember it isn't the Foundry itself keeping the map back its the map maker.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby fluffybunnykins on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:52 pm

maybe we should have a poll along the lines of...
1) it's all fine, quench it
2) there's a couple of things I'd sort out first
3) this needs a major overhaul before I'll play it
4) please scrap it
I'd vote 1...
I know that the foundry has moved on, I was around when Montreal was in development, I just never commented on it at the time. I didn't really like it, but then I had no connection to it, so I just thought I'll leave the comments to people who were interested. Maps I like or am interested in I make comments on, positive & negative, because I want them to be as good as possible. This is one of those maps.

Postby Wisse on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:02 pm

fluffybunnykins wrote:maybe we should have a poll along the lines of...
4) please scrap it
I'd vote 1...
I know that the foundry has moved on, I was around when Montreal was in development, I just never commented on it at the time. I didn't really like it, but then I had no connection to it, so I just thought I'll leave the comments to people who were interested. Maps I like or am interested in I make comments on, positive & negative, because I want them to be as good as possible. This is one of those maps.

won't work
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby fluffybunnykins on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:06 pm

won't work

how do you mean?

Postby Nikolai on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 pm

Okay. I have no idea what's been argued about for the past 70 pages, I just looked at the image, and I have three comments.
First is that, as a WWII history student, I really like what qwert's done with this map. The concept is good, the balance is reasonable, and I appreciate the historical significance. I'm looking forward to playing it.
Second is that I would like to see the borders smoothed out. They look jagged and kind of ugly, and I think a slight smoothing effect would be very helpful for the visual effect of the map.
Third is that I've gathered in other threads that there's been a lot of controversy over this map. I don't even want to know why... I'd just like to see the borders smoothed or blurred to reduce the harsh effect, then get it quenched, for the sake of the foundry as much as for the sake of all of CC.
Sergeant 1st Class Nikolai

Postby Guiscard on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:08 pm

fluffybunnykins wrote:maybe we should have a poll along the lines of...
4) please scrap it
I'd vote 1...

But why leave a fair few people unhappy when it could be improved with an easy, quick update?!?! My little example took all of two minutes!

Put simply: You're happy either way (which is fine), but a lot of people won't be happy with the current state and therefore there shouldn't be a problem with making the change!

All changes of this sort should be implemented unless a reasonable argument can be made against them, and 'its not fair I don't want to make any more changed' isn't a reasonable argument.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Gozar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Can't we just get an example with the smooth borders? ....or someone else do it....
Lieutenant Gozar

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:25 pm

Guiscard you same like Keyogy, you just say "mayority wants change borders" why you dont want me to put vote pool?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:25 pm

I dont understand, if my map for you shit, why you put post in here, i belive that my map better or even with new quenched maps, and you say that my map bad,People dont notice what you say, and i wait andy to clean pool too put final question, too see what majority say.
My question will be "Do you belive that these map ready for play,please before vote look map careful" I think that these question its fair.And Guiscard all member in these forum are equal,you can say that you smart then Fluffybunnykins, hes vote is equal to yours vote, and you must respect hes opinion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Perhaps Qwert can send the map to Guiscard and he will fix the edges for him. How does that sound Qwert?

I just want to get this quenched that's all. I don't care about the borders. I am sure the map will be playable with them as they are. However if so many want them fixed and Qwert doesn't want to fix them maybe he can send the map to someone else who will fix it for him and we will finally be able to move on.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:37 pm

Soory Ruben, if my borders soo bad then these i will do my self, but my borders not bad, and something what not bad then no reason for these, vote pool will solve all problem.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Nikolai on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:38 pm

Ummm... yo qwert. Snap out of it. I don't think he said your map is a piece of shit, he said it needs one improvement before quench. Just make the change so we can play the damn map already.
And the reason nobody wants you to put up polls is because your polls are always worded so that nobody can vote for the thing they really favor. Your current poll is a good example. Would you play this map? Well, sure, but that doesn't mean I don't see an improvement that would make me even more interested in playing it. And your possible answers don't allow this. Why don't you try something to the effect of "Should I smooth the borders?" with possible answers being "Yes" and "No". Then, if you get a bunch of no votes, you'll have something legitimate to wave at everyone who wants it changed. Until you start using polls that directly address the questions at hand, you are the one afraid of polls, and not anybody else.
And Guiscard all member in these forum are equal,you can say that you smart then Fluffybunnykins, hes vote is equal to yours vote, and you must respect hes opinion.

I'm trying to decide how you can get off saying this when you clearly believe that your opinion is more important than a stack of other people's, including the foundry foreman!

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Reset this poll and put up another one. We will discuss the wording in the foundry to avoid grammatical mistakes.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:43 pm

Do you belive that all members can understand what these smooth mean,if you see Guiscard example only people with magnifying glases can see diferent, and even some member say that no see diference,ofcourse Guiscard then say that hes got problems with eye(these tell me)
These old vote pool standing when map been forged.
Do you belive that foundry foreman olveys right? I dont belive,even Keyogy and Guiscard been wrong, whene i put vote pool.
Last edited by Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Nikolai on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Actually, I went back and looked, and Guiscard's examples are almost exactly what I'm looking for. And no, for the record, it doesn't take a magnifying glass to see the difference - it's pronounced, and it's a big improvement. People won't notice it unless they look for it, but it's there, and it matters.

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:47 pm

qwert wrote:Do you belive that all members can understand what these smooth mean,if you see Guiscard example only people with magnifying glases can see diferent, and even some member say that no see diference,ofcourse Guiscard then say that hes got problems with eye(these tell me)
These old vote pool standing when map been forged.
Do you belive that foundry foreman olveys right? I dont belive,even Keyogy and Guiscard been wrong, whene i put vote pool.

What? Guiscard has a problem with his eyes??? Never knew about that! That's why his Mongol map looks strange then! Hehe. Joking Guiscard! ;)
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:50 pm

if i understand Nikolai- we must take atention to people when hes vote like these"look these borders is smooth, maybe you think is same but no,just vote for smooth" and when people say"Its look same"then we must say"No is not same, becouse you not smart like i"
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Mistake Ruben-Guiscard tell that i have problems with eye becouse i dont have magnifying glases to see these huge diference.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas