Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:22 am

qwert wrote:NO I DONT WANT TO CHANGE BORDERS, I SEE HOW LOOK THESE BORDERS OF THOSE MAP(SPECIALLY AUSTRALIA)AND IM VERY ANGRY WHAT I SEE IN THESE MAP,MISTAKE AND MISTAKE AND MISTAKE, AND HE TELL ME TO MY MAP MUST BEE LIKE THESE MAP, NOT YOU DIM, I LOST HOPE IN JUSTICE IN THESE SITE BECOUSE ANDY SHOW ME THAT THESE MAP(SPECIALLY AUSTRALIA)HAVE HUGE PROTECTION WITH THESE MISTAKE BORDERS AND I WILL SHOW THESE MAP (WITH PERFECT AND GREAT BORDERS WHAT ANDY SAY) AND IF HE STILL SAY THAT HES RIGHT I WILL DEFINITLY ABANDONED THESE PROJECT

Post your evidence then.

What I really think is the issue here is that qwert doesn't understand what is being asked of him. It has been explained time and time again but he seems to keep misinterpreting the request. Andy and everyone else want to see smoother borders, not thicker or thinner.

hulmey wrote:Qwert has a point abou the Austriala Map though...There are some with 2 pixels and some with one...Like in Darwin!!!!!

I don't understand. Territory borders are all 1 pixel. State borders and the edge of the map are 2 pixels. There's a very good reason for this that was thoroughly discussed in the topic.

P.S. I'm happy to revamp Australia at some point in the future. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby hulmey on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:26 am

Map is fine how it is mate for me :D

However i can see waht Qwert is saying about some lines seeming to being bigger!

Its one of my favourite maps as you can see from my game history....
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:03 am

Teya
Ive tried to stay out of this, but the whole thing is just silly.
Qwert, it doesnt matter if 99.9% of people agree with you. Andy is the foundry foreman and nothing is going to change that.

Why do you have so much against the Australia map? Because Keyogi actually listened to the foundry members and got a map finished? You didnt participate in the thread so you have nothing to complain about when it comes to that map. Stop using quenched maps as an argument for your map.

Teya why you dont read what Andy first wrote, i dont mentioned Australia map first,Andy first mentioned Australia and tell mee that these map got perfect borders.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:08 am

KEYOGI
qwert wrote:
NO I DONT WANT TO CHANGE BORDERS, I SEE HOW LOOK THESE BORDERS OF THOSE MAP(SPECIALLY AUSTRALIA)AND IM VERY ANGRY WHAT I SEE IN THESE MAP,MISTAKE AND MISTAKE AND MISTAKE, AND HE TELL ME TO MY MAP MUST BEE LIKE THESE MAP, NOT YOU DIM, I LOST HOPE IN JUSTICE IN THESE SITE BECOUSE ANDY SHOW ME THAT THESE MAP(SPECIALLY AUSTRALIA)HAVE HUGE PROTECTION WITH THESE MISTAKE BORDERS AND I WILL SHOW THESE MAP (WITH PERFECT AND GREAT BORDERS WHAT ANDY SAY) AND IF HE STILL SAY THAT HES RIGHT I WILL DEFINITLY ABANDONED THESE PROJECT

Post your evidence then.

What I really think is the issue here is that qwert doesn't understand what is being asked of him. It has been explained time and time again but he seems to keep misinterpreting the request. Andy and everyone else want to see smoother borders, not thicker or thinner.

hulmey wrote:
Qwert has a point abou the Austriala Map though...There are some with 2 pixels and some with one...Like in Darwin!!!!!

I don't understand. Territory borders are all 1 pixel. State borders and the edge of the map are 2 pixels. There's a very good reason for this that was thoroughly discussed in the topic.

P.S. I'm happy to revamp Australia at some point in the future.

You want evidence, here evidence, these some of mistake
yours map
Of course you can say that my eye dont see good or that my computer dont good.
and here my map

And like you say i will bee also happy to revamp Eastern front at some point in the future when these map bee quenched

Andy and everyone else want to see smoother borders, not thicker or thinner.

Look better i think that yours borders thicker and thinner not mine.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teya on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:13 am

qwert wrote:
Teya
Ive tried to stay out of this, but the whole thing is just silly.
Qwert, it doesnt matter if 99.9% of people agree with you. Andy is the foundry foreman and nothing is going to change that.

Why do you have so much against the Australia map? Because Keyogi actually listened to the foundry members and got a map finished? You didnt participate in the thread so you have nothing to complain about when it comes to that map. Stop using quenched maps as an argument for your map.

Teya why you dont read what Andy first wrote, i dont mentioned Australia map first,Andy first mentioned Australia and tell mee that these map got perfect borders.

I have read it. Ive also read you bitching about the australia map in most of your posts. Get over it. Make the changes or dont. Andy is not going to just say "oh well dont worry about it qwert".
You will need to make the changes for your map to go any further.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:16 am

Teya, like i say you olveys give support to Keyogy even hes not right and ignoring these mistake in hes map, but i know these that you say against me, and i dont want to reply to yours post anymore.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teya on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:22 am

Seriously qwert, where do you think bitching about other maps is going to get you? I wouldnt just stick up for the australia map. Ive said in a few topics recently that people need to stop using quenched maps as an excuse to not make changes in their own map.
If you dont want to make the changes, dont make them. But do you really expect your map to be quenched when you flat out refuse to make changes that Andy suggested?
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Molacole on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:23 am

qwert what it comes down to is that you're more than capable of making the map look better and andy knows this.

If you actually understood english I don't think you would be bothered by what is being requested of you. Since you don't understand english you're misinterpeting a lot of what people are telling you and throwing a hissy fit over it...

so if you want to compare your map with the australia map look at the army shadows and river borders. You will see that on australia map they are smooth and rounded and yours all have hard edges and look like a bunch of squares.
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:38 am

Will this thread reach the 100th page? I bet it will end at around 80 something.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Skittles! on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:40 am

Oh, I dono, if Qwert keeps going like this, it may take ages.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby cairnswk on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:48 am

"Oh Mother of Mercies....I couldn't stand another 12 pages of drama."

Qwert, please, for U be professional and U have good name, please fix map as Andy ask. Then we all play Qwert's map and everyone be happy. Qwert's map is very good, and Andy ask small thing to make little more better. Please do.!!!

U not to look your own map against other maps. These is bad to do this. These has nothing to do with what Andy ask you to do.

I look forward to making war on your map very much, but maybe if U not complete, then I can not make the war. :(
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Skittles! on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:50 am

cairnswk wrote:"Oh Mother of Mercies....I couldn't stand another 12 pages of drama."

Qwert, please, for U be professional and U have good name, please fix map as Andy ask. Then we all play Qwert's map and everyone be happy. Qwert's map is very good, and Andy ask small thing to make little more better. Please do.!!!

U not to look your own map against other maps. These is bad to do this. These has nothing to do with what Andy ask you to do.

I look forward to making war on your map very much, but maybe if U not complete, then I can not make the war. :(

Rofl, the way to typed that made me laugh.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby hulmey on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:51 am

however he has good a valid point..Australia want quenched 6 months ago. It was quenched recently.

qwert's map would look alot better if the lines didnt look square like.

But i think qwert is looking at the principle of the matter...Its all well and goo saying dont loko at quenched maps when its already been quenched lol.

Qwert just blur the lines to make your map NO1....

Your map will be quenched and will be the best map on this site.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby t.e.c on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:11 am

maybe someone could upload an example of what andy wants him to do, i.e. smoothing of sharp edges.

please.. so the drama ends.. for the love of crumb cakes...
Corporal t.e.c

Postby hulmey on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 am

every1 knows what andy wants so does qwert...The debate is a little more complex than that my feathered friend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby alster on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:00 am

Iā€™ve had my eyes on this map for a while. I cannot wait to play it and Iā€™m pretty sure that it will be the most welcomed release after the Middle Earth map. The idea is great, the graphics is amazing and the underlying territorial set-up looks promising.

I wish to throw in my two cents though with respect to this debate that has been going on.

As I see it, qwert is indeed the creator and artist of this map. He is the one who put in a lot of effort and time making the map possible. Of course, Andy is in his full right to do his job. His position should be respected. But, all in all I do believe that qwert should be given quite a free rein here. As an artist, if he feels that this is the way to do it, I think he should have the final say. Itā€™s a small issue that basically comes down to graphics, visions and personal preferences. And itā€™s the artistā€™s prerogative to decide such issues. (And letā€™s not forget that it is indeed qwertā€™s map, he holds all the copyrights to it.)
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:04 am

t.e.c
maybe someone could upload an example of what andy wants him to do, i.e. smoothing of sharp edges.

Agree, in these visual way i will understand what andy realy wants. Thanks T>E>C :)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:07 am

Thanks Alstergren, i wrote before that in these Map foudry map creators dont have any right, like you can see in developmental rule.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:08 am

Hulmey my map even now its best then half of quenched maps. :wink:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby socralynnek on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:57 am

Dear qwert,

you are right, your map is better than most quenched maps...but over time, the standard wanted for new maps got higher and higher.

As you see, there are some people here, who don't like your way to respond to a proposition.

I think the way to respond to a proposition is one of the following options:

-Do it, if you think it makes the map better
- Decline with a reason, why you think it won't make the map better
- State if you think it would be a change that causes too much work for a small change

You are arguing with other maps or with the majority of your polls.
If the majority is fine with a thing, it doesn't mean that the map won't get better with further small changes.

If you react in a manner like stated above, no one will attack you. I guess, that is the easiest way to make Keyogi shut up... ;-)

I really hope that this map gets done as I like the concept!
Corporal 1st Class socralynnek

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 am

socralynnek when i say words like POOL, then Keyogy jump and imediatly say"No not pool again" these is a easy way to shut up Keyogy, becouse hes olveys say that majority wants to be change but when pool vote start then he bee wrong, becouse every time what hes say Majority dont aprove, and i belive that like present pool say 85% of people will want to see these map quenched, and i will tell andy to remowe these pool, and i will put new pool to setle these problem finaly. I say that these map finish that borders look good, and i belive that majority will also aprove my opinion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:01 am

Molacole wrote:so if you want to compare your map with the australia map look at the army shadows and river borders. You will see that on australia map they are smooth and rounded and yours all have hard edges and look like a bunch of squares.

/\ This is the issue.

Its not an issue of 'graphical choice' at all! Either people can't see the problem (but could if someone talked them through it) or there's the majority of people who can see that at the moment a fair few of the borders are jagged and pixellated and need just a touch of blur to make them smooth and finish this map off once and for all.

I think I actually am going to post an example just to show people who don't realise what we all mean.

edit: Here we go: On th left we have the old image, and on the right a slightly blurred and smoothed out river and sea border. Havnen't sorted out the thickness completely, as you can see (but this isn't the main issue). If your gonna have a poll do it off these images - right or left.

Last edited by Guiscard on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Spockers on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:17 am

socralynnek when i say words like POOL, then Keyogy jump and imediatly say"No not pool again"

wtf?
Private 1st Class Spockers

Postby hulmey on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:39 am

lol guiscard...i know im not mant to say this but they left and right look the same heheheh
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:40 am

Spockers wrote:
socralynnek when i say words like POOL, then Keyogy jump and imediatly say"No not pool again"

wtf?

He means poll. :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas