Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Guiscard on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:28 pm

It doesn't need a poll, for gods sake... Its the same issue again!

Some changes should be polled, for example the army shadows. That was something me and Ruben thought but the majority of people say they're OK so that's fine. No changes needed. No argument about this. I have my opinion but the foundry consensus goes against it. No worries.

The borders, on the other hand, are not a 'one way or the other' choice. Nobody in their right mind would say 'yeh I think you should definitely leave them chopy, pixellated and jagged' when in a minutes work they they could be blurred slightly to make them smooth. It could have been done in the time it took Qwert to type one of those ridiculous accusatory posts! EVERY other map-maker is at least willing to try little things, even if it would look crap! This won't look crap anyway (does ANYONE think it would?), so i really don't see the problem in implementing it. Even Mibi, who certainly has issues with the foundry process (Siege map), has been perfectly willing to make little amendments to see how they look.

This map could be final forged in less than twenty minutes.
:roll:
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Ruben Cassar on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Guiscard I get the uneasy feeling that it's closer to be put on vacation or termination than quenching though...which is a pity. Twenty minutes can be a very long time my friend! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Guiscard on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:40 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Guiscard I get the uneasy feeling that it's closer to be put on vacation or termination than quenching though...which is a pity. Twenty minutes can be a very long time my friend! ;)

I think thats a pretty common feeling around here :D
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby hulmey on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:52 pm

i got to agree with the boys on this one qwert :)
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:01 pm

The point of the poll would be to show qwert that the "MAYORITY" of people feel that the borders should be changed, and not just Andy.

It's pretty clear from reading these last few responses, but qwert seems to need something more.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby hulmey on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:03 pm

hehe penguin...u make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was just wondering, has this thread set a record for replies and views??

At least its achieved somethin LAMO
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Jack0827 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:05 pm

I don't care. it would look better if the time was taken to do it but it dosn't matter all that much. quert it is up to you but ask yourself this question, could it be a better map if I made this minor change? if the honest answer is no then by all means don't change it but if the answer is yes then please do it if not just to do somthing that would make the map better.
Private Jack0827

Postby hulmey on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:19 pm

well said jack *clap clap*
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Samus on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:29 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:The border issue is a minor thing, but it improves the map quality. I don't think I'd be doing my job if I lowered the standards just for you.

*Looks at Brazil map, looks back at this map...
*Looks at Indochina map, looks back at this map...
*Looks at Middle East map, looks back at this map...
*Looks at half a dozen other maps already in play, looks at this map...

:)
Major Samus

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Samus wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:The border issue is a minor thing, but it improves the map quality. I don't think I'd be doing my job if I lowered the standards just for you.

There wasn't the same foundry system in place back when those maps were done. Notice how all those maps you mentioned are either being revamped or people want them revamped. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Guiscard on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:24 pm

Samus wrote:

:roll:

*Look at Australia map, looks back at this map...
*Looks at King of the Mountain map, looks back at this map...
*Looks at Chinese Checkers map, looks back at this map...

All completed under the current foundry system.

Postby cheguevarra on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:30 pm

please qwert.. just do this last change. It takes no time and little effort and once it's done we get to play this wonderful map.
Private 1st Class cheguevarra

Postby Samus on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:19 pm

KEYOGI wrote:
Samus wrote:

There wasn't the same foundry system in place back when those maps were done. Notice how all those maps you mentioned are either being revamped or people want them revamped. :wink:

Yeah, I know. I'm glad things are better, but part of me sort of questions the "it's not good enough for people to play on" argument when we clearly have lower quality maps already in play. I mostly agree with Andy, but part of me has to sympathize with qwert that his map has been through what I think is the longest thread in the Foundry and he's still being told "nope, still not good enough." The language barrier isn't helping him any either, must be frustrating for the guy. :(
Major Samus

Postby sully800 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:27 pm

The arguments in this thread make my head hurt. I guess I just don't understand a mapmakers refusal to update their map, as that is of course part of the job.

qwert- this is no personal vendetta against you, and if you make the changes requested the map development will continue.

If you refuse to work on the map then why should the rules be bent so the map can be put up to play when people are still raising issues? I know you have said repeatedly that the MAJORITY like the borders so you refuse to change....but capitalizing something does not make it any more true.

Andy brought up the issue of the pixelated borders on page 63. Since then many have agreed and asked you to fix the borders by blurring them.

People who said they want you to fix the borders
AndyDufresne
KEYOGI
Skittles!
Molacole
Guiscard
Gozar
RobinJ
cheguevarra
sully800

People who said its fine as is
Ruben Cassar
TMG26
Jack0827
Samus

The majority seemed to agree with you that the army shadows are fine as is. However the majority have agreed with Andy that you should just fix the pixelated borders and move on. I know that you are refusing to do so, but I think that is for the wrong reasons or because you don't understand what has been asked of you. But it only takes a quick glance to see that the MAJORITY said it would look better if the borders were less pixelated. And it will only take a few minutes for you to correct the problem and move on (as has been stated many times).
Major sully800

Postby Samus on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:31 pm

Actually sully, I don't think I really belong in either category. It would be better if fixed but I don't think it's a big issue. I'm not graphically inclined so I probably never would have noticed it.
Major Samus

Postby sully800 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:33 pm

Yeah, as someone said earlier- probably EVERYONE thinks it would look better with smoother borders, as pixelized borders are frowned upon, but some people just feel it is a small enough issue that it doesn't matter, like yourself.
Major sully800

Postby Lt. Valerian on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:47 pm

Please Qwert, you know that I have always supported you the last month or so. I personally don't have a problem with the borders. I think they are fine as is, but there are a majority of people who disagree. Please either put up a poll asking people's opinion or blur the lines a little. Please, I think that that would be the last thing to do before the map is quenched. Please Qwert, I really like the map and I really want to play it. Thank You.
Major Lt. Valerian

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:18 am

Sully every time Andy and Keyogu try to prolonge map without reason, becouse when i say that these borders been change in developmental work and apply from majority, now andy try to change these and he knows that these borders been aprove from majority long time ago.
ANDY CLEARE POOL. Now i will see who got support me or Andy to see these map quenched.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:22 am

AndyDufresne
*Look at Australia map, looks back at this map...
*Looks at King of the Mountain map, looks back at this map...
*Looks at Chinese Checkers map, looks back at this map...

almost forget, i will definitly see these beautifyl and perfect borders in all CC.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:45 am

Andy i see first map in your list who got perfect borders, and i dont belive my eye what i see! These map have a huge borders mistake! Do you see these map before you wrote these. In these map you have colection of 1px and 2px borders, and you say that in these way all map must have borders. i can present these map with mistake too show people that you not right. And i realy dont know how these map pass to be quenched with these borders mistake, i realy dont know, Keyogy you must know that Andy first mention yours map now.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DiM on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:48 am

4 pages of arguement and debate over a few pixelated borders is really absurd.
qwert, you're stubborn again. understand that it only takes a few minutes to do these changes. without minor changes like this one your maps are never going to be quenched. instead of 4 pages of stupid debating you could have simply changed the borders to see if they look better.

i have lost hope for any of qwert's maps. and it's a shame :(
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:58 am

NO I DONT WANT TO CHANGE BORDERS, I SEE HOW LOOK THESE BORDERS OF THOSE MAP(SPECIALLY AUSTRALIA)AND IM VERY ANGRY WHAT I SEE IN THESE MAP,MISTAKE AND MISTAKE AND MISTAKE, AND HE TELL ME TO MY MAP MUST BEE LIKE THESE MAP, NOT YOU DIM, I LOST HOPE IN JUSTICE IN THESE SITE BECOUSE ANDY SHOW ME THAT THESE MAP(SPECIALLY AUSTRALIA)HAVE HUGE PROTECTION WITH THESE MISTAKE BORDERS AND I WILL SHOW THESE MAP (WITH PERFECT AND GREAT BORDERS WHAT ANDY SAY) AND IF HE STILL SAY THAT HES RIGHT I WILL DEFINITLY ABANDONED THESE PROJECT
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ClessAlvein on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:06 am

Legend
Anger: CAPITALS
Fury: Red colour
Rage (not shown): Bold

Time to take it up a notch
Major ClessAlvein

Postby Teya on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 am

Ive tried to stay out of this, but the whole thing is just silly.
Qwert, it doesnt matter if 99.9% of people agree with you. Andy is the foundry foreman and nothing is going to change that.

Why do you have so much against the Australia map? Because Keyogi actually listened to the foundry members and got a map finished? You didnt participate in the thread so you have nothing to complain about when it comes to that map. Stop using quenched maps as an argument for your map.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby hulmey on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:15 am

Qwert has a point abou the Austriala Map though...There are some with 2 pixels and some with one...Like in Darwin!!!!!

However Qwert his boundry lines look to be very smooth while yours are jagged and rough.

It would look much better to have your lines blurred...I know what your going through...Can you just blur them a little pls Qwert....

Dont for one minute think that Andy can stop your map being Quenched if its a perfect map... And i honestly dont thinkhe wants too. It in his beneftit to have the best Maps going on his site.

After all this site is a business...It might be free but it still has to make a little money
Last edited by hulmey on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant hulmey

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas