Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Serbia on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:34 pm

Great looking map! Looks ready to play, can't wait to try it out! :D
Captain Serbia

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:36 pm

Thanks Serbia :)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby RobinJ on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:14 pm

MarVal wrote:Looks good. Great job!

Grtz
Marval

:shock: A compliment from MarVal to qwert - must be joking. :shock:

But seriously this looks like a brilliant map - good that you're finally finishing it
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby hulmey on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:31 pm

Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench
Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench
Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench Quench
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Samus on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:43 pm

You need large and small versions, as well as XML.
Major Samus

Postby Ruben Cassar on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:45 pm

Samus wrote:You need large and small versions, as well as XML.

He has those already I believe.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Samus on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:47 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:
Samus wrote:You need large and small versions, as well as XML.

He has those already I believe.

XML maybe, I didn't really look too far back, but he did not post both versions of the latest map iteration that I saw. If he's got all that, then post it up and see what Andy says.
Major Samus

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:52 pm

That problem samus, becouse i know andy, and i will wait to andy say first then i will put bouth maps with XTML.
I dont want to reply over and over post with maps, and waithing to andy say"and now can i see small and large image" and after 5 day to tell me these again.
But i will tomorow put all these in 1 page ok samus.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Well Qwert, I'm glad to see you got back to work on this idea. I really am :)

That said, I feel some of the country division lines, and other areas seem a little 'pixely'. Do you understand that? I mean they don't feel and look smooth, they are jagged in some places, rocky almost. I.E. the outline around the rivers, some country lines (like Perekop, Bryansk, Stavropol, etc), and also the thick black lines outlining the game board. Do you see what I'm saying. Would you consider perhaps softening those up slightly, maybe with a dull tool, as they feel sharp and jagged like I said.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby KEYOGI on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:02 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I feel some of the country division lines, and other areas seem a little 'pixely'.

I agree. Wasn't going to mention this for a while for fear of the backlash I would cop. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:04 am

AndyDufresne
Well Qwert, I'm glad to see you got back to work on this idea. I really am

That said, I feel some of the country division lines, and other areas seem a little 'pixely'. Do you understand that? I mean they don't feel and look smooth, they are jagged in some places, rocky almost. I.E. the outline around the rivers, some country lines (like Perekop, Bryansk, Stavropol, etc), and also the thick black lines outlining the game board. Do you see what I'm saying. Would you consider perhaps softening those up slightly, maybe with a dull tool, as they feel sharp and jagged like I said.

--Andy

Now hear what i say, people want to my borders bee 2 px blur, but yours bigest problem its that you newer pay atention to my topic, and now you tell me that these borders its not good, And you just have feel?!?!
In developmental rules i must have logical reason, but how to respond, when people have feel, i just can say that these person not right, and that all borders in same dimension, same px, and if you have some programs who measure all my borders then these "problems"will be solve in 1 minute, and if you have time read all my topic and you will see from others opinion that people satisfy with my borders.
Thanks for your reply.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:13 am

Oh no...does this mean this map will be put on vacation again? I hope not...
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:31 am

I realy dont understand Andy, what will hepend if i in others topic say"I have feel that these map not good", in my topic i have more and more strange demand, Now every body can see what andy say and also can say" i have feel that something not good in map" and when i have logical explain that these good and that these "problem" pass from topic and fix and get aprove from other members, that andy will say that dont give aprove from hem becouse hes a big boss and hes opinion its supreme, so he can refuse others opinion and ask that hes opinion be no 1. Of course from Keyogy i expect that he will support Andy to my map again be prolonge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Skittles! on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:48 am

Qwert, they don't want your map to go to vacation.
They just want it finished, completed to what the Foundry says.
It's looking great Qwert, and after all this effort, do you really want it to go back to vacation? Or do you want it finished so everyone on ConquerCLub can enjoy your great map?

Please Qwert, just do this thing Andy asks, and then it will be a better map visually. I already think the playability is great.
Just don't put it on vacation again.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:03 am

I made many such changes to my Australia map at the request of Andy and others to get it quenched. I fixed pixelated borders, changed thickness or borders, moved borders... none of it was a big deal. Each change took a couple of minutes each. In about a month the Australia map went from Final Forge to Quenched, simply because I made the small changes that were requested.

I see no reason why you cannot do the same.

Postby hulmey on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:39 pm

However if the majority of people want it 2 pixel borders and then andy cums and says i feel this should be a 1pixel border!!!

What are you meant to do...Its crazy.

It doesnt matter how long it takes..Its called organsitional skills...If this was a business, sorry to say a couple of people would be on the firing list!!

Things should be done smoothly and effiecently and if its been agreed on by foundry memebers to have borders with 2 pixels why is andy cuming back and saying he wants them 1 pixel??

Andy must feel im a pain in the butt lol and i know he has a very difficult job..For which i salute him :D :D :D
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Molacole on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:48 pm

hulmey wrote:However if the majority of people want it 2 pixel borders and then andy cums and says i feel this should be a 1pixel border!!!

What are you meant to do...Its crazy.

It doesnt matter how long it takes..Its called organsitional skills...If this was a business, sorry to say a couple of people would be on the firing list!!

Things should be done smoothly and effiecently and if its been agreed on by foundry memebers to have borders with 2 pixels why is andy cuming back and saying he wants them 1 pixel??

Andy must feel im a pain in the butt lol and i know he has a very difficult job..For which i salute him :D :D :D

I must have completely misunderstood what andy typed up there...

I thought he was letting qwert know that his borders need smoothening. Even the army circles on von Bock Army bonus look "choppy" to me. The only thing I don't like about the map is how a lot of areas seem to be blocky instead of smooth and or rounded. The edges of a lot of borders and especially in the river areas it sticks out a lot. There seems to be more of a hard edged border instead of a soft fluid like border style going on in this map...
Last edited by Molacole on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:48 pm

Can someone please quote where Andy says he wants a 1 pixel border? The only comment I've seen him make recently in this thread was requesting the borders be smoothed out.

Postby Guiscard on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:23 pm

Yeh agree about the choppiness. The borders and army circles do need smoothing out with a bit of blur.

Plus, the army circles are pretty transparent and in the bottom left they're pretty much invisible.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:31 pm

Ok maybe im crazy, but if these map not finish and good for play then i realy must reconsider my work in these map.
I upload all MAYOR PROBLEMS AND MISTAKE, who request MAYORITY of CC, and i say that these map comlete good for play.
Now andy its you turn to fight agains MAYORITY of CC, and agree with MAYORITY, or juse yours right of BIG BOSS of map foundry and crush these map from CC. Waithing your final decision.

Here again map

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gozar on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:36 pm

Woah woah woah!

Lets not get so excited and hasty.

Your map looks almost done qwert, but a few touch ups should not be too much. Just tweak those borders and rivers a little. You clearly have the talent to do it, and it will take less time then fighting. If people like the old way over the new way, then it can be changed back at the touch of a button.

Don't quit the map. Just a little work.

Cheers

Gozar
Lieutenant Gozar

Postby hulmey on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 pm

sorry guys not being a map maker myself, unfortunately i assumed qwert would have to change pixels as he stated to do it...

If that isnt the case very sorry!!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Ruben Cassar on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Actually there is a problem with this map although I don't think it's the one Andy pointed out as far as it concerns my tastes. It is the army shadows on the von Rundstedt Army territories.

The army circles are barely visible on Odessa and Uman. Perhaps if you added a coloured rounded border to the army circles (making them smoother in the process) that problem would be solved.

I don't mind the slightly pixeled borders but I think that's a matter of personal opinion.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:46 pm

Ruben all army circle is a same transparent, and numbers can se perfect, with not 1 problem with eye.Terittory border its history for me, borders pass from foundry and acepted from Mayority and i will not change these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:11 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Actually there is a problem with this map although I don't think it's the one Andy pointed out as far as it concerns my tastes. It is the army shadows on the von Rundstedt Army territories.

The army circles are barely visible on Odessa and Uman. Perhaps if you added a coloured rounded border to the army circles (making them smoother in the process) that problem would be solved.

I don't mind the slightly pixeled borders but I think that's a matter of personal opinion.

Thats what I meant in my last post.

Qwert, the army circles are invisible in some areas, and so in my opinion they need to be either lightened or made less transparent.

As for the borders they're pretty pixelated and jagged. We're not saying the position needs to be changed, but it does need to be smoothed out. Try adding a bit more blur to them. I use .3 or .4 grausian blur in photoshop for mine.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas