Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:23 pm

AndyDufresne wrote
Cartography involves a lot of experimentation, qwert. You surely won't, and can't, get everything right on the first time or even second and third! Somethings pop out at different times, when I view the map.

Would you rather no change it? I honestly think it'd make the map look better, and cleaner. Are you looking to make no more changes?

i litle :? do you realy follow my map creation? Its look that you a huge part of my map proces dont follow, and these can see from have many time you put yours opinion for these 80 days.

Keyogy please send me a list with people who dont like borders in my maps. You stick for Developmental map rule and when you say something then everybody must imidiatly change what you say, and when i say something, then you say shut up, and in these way you decide problem with me. I must change borders, buth when others have problem with these, then you say" well these map must look with circle out of terittory, and your must have all in territory and do not must taching lines not 1px or its a huge mistake and i dont want to here any excuse or yours map never be quenched" these for me looks like ultimatum.
And last, i bigest change make not of opinion of majoriti but of opinion of minoriti, if i listen what large part of people say these map will be long ago qwenched...
Last edited by Qwert on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Forza AZ on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:07 am

qwert wrote:AndyDufresne wrote
Cartography involves a lot of experimentation, qwert. You surely won't, and can't, get everything right on the first time or even second and third! Somethings pop out at different times, when I view the map.

Would you rather no change it? I honestly think it'd make the map look better, and cleaner. Are you looking to make no more changes?

i litle :? do you realy follow my map creation? Its look that you a huge part of my map proces dont follow, and these can see from have many time you put yours opinion for these 80 days.

Keyogy please send me a list with people who dont like borders in my maps. You stick for Developmental map rule and when you say something then everybody must imidiatly change what you say, and when i say something, then you say shut up, and in these way you decide problem with me. I must change borders, buth when others have problem with these, then you say" well these map must look with circle out of terittory, and your must have all in territory and do not must taching lines not 1px or its a huge mistake and i dont want to here any excuse or yours map never be quenched" these for me looks like ultimatum.
And last, i bigest change make not of opinion of majoriti but of opinion of minoriti, if i listen what large part of people say these map will be long ago qwenched.

Off topic remark. qwert, I see you always put quoted text in red. You do know there is a quote option do you, so it's immediately clear which text you quoted. Just press Image above the post of the person you want to quote and add your own text under that.
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:24 am

ok 2 day pass, i put my explain in last post , and whait for reply, nothing hepend and i think that people satisfy with maps.
2 DAY PASS.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Haydena on Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:24 am

Dude, SERIOUSLY... This is ridiculous, you can't have a go at Andy, the amount of work that he puts into this site is crazy, you can't expect him to flag up everything wrong with your map himself and check up on every update you make. That's just not gonna happen.

Can I just make a few points. I'm still not sure those circles are right. It might just be my word against everyone elses but they clash horribly with von Rundstedt Army.

I also agree with KEYOGI's comment about the Leningrad army borders, the circles are very squashed.

Just quit getting stroppy, it's not helping anyone. I'd love to see this map on the site soon but there are still things that need changing. It's not up to you to determine if it's ready or not.
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:53 am

Final Forge
WWII Eastern Front has reached the ā€˜Final Forgeā€™ Stage. I've revived this thread from the pits of the Foundry furnace and have examined the contents. Nearly every major concern has been addressed. If there are any other current concerns, please make your voice heard. There will be at least two days (but may extend pass that) for you to post any objections; if no one has posted any protest after two days the map will be deemed finished with the 'Foundry Brand' of approval and will be submitted for live play. If after two days there is still discussion going on it may continue until said discussion has reached the conclusion that the map has reached its final and polished version.

Post questions and concerns if any.
------------------------------------------------

Ok haydena, i think that not right of you to wait 2 day and say that something not good, you have 2 days and wait, and i just say that 2 day pass. If you see in final forge work will be extend pass if people have to say something logical, but if people not say nothing after 2 day, then work will be over, and i realy dont understand these, if i dont notice that 2 day pass you will not call in these topic. These not first time that Andy not reply to my topic for several days, and i think that he think my map finish to.
My map cross to Final Forge 3 februaru- and for all these time you posted zero time, why?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby adam3b58 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:57 pm

i'm sorry, but i'm not digging through 50 pages to check to see if this has been suggested, and plus it's probably way too late into the making of this suggest something like this, but maybe people will like it. have you considered adding an additional bonus for controlling all russian territories or all german territories?
Cadet adam3b58

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:29 pm

what use of these Additional bonuses, if you play with 6 player and controling 3 country, these a half of all teritory, you know that these game its over, and you will win, and you dont need additional bonuses in these case.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:31 pm

qwert wrote:what use of these Additional bonuses, if you play with 6 player and controling 3 country, these a half of all teritory, you know that these game its over, and you will win, and you dont need additional bonuses in these case.

I agree with you on this one qwert.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Haydena on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:16 pm

My map was in final forge for months and it never got added (EDIT: ok so I never really finished it but that's not the point, I didn't whinge). I notice you still haven't put the XML on the website for people to look at. Andy would probably like to have a look at that.

I also don't like the way that you assume final forge means it's perfect and that you don't have to do anything anymore. You've just chosen to ignore people's comments for a while now and switched to moaning about how Andy can't find time in his (incredibly busy) schedule to quench this map.

It's not in your hands, unless you choose to listen to people trying to give you advice. You just have to wait till Andy (and the community, there are suggestions still being made) deems it ready, please just quit the whinging and either try to implement some changes or wait.
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby Teya on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:00 pm

Qwert, andy has made suggestions, you refused to change anything.
Keyogi mentioned messy borders and circles being cramped. Haydena agreed.
You have nothing to complain about. You (AGAIN) are slowing the map down.
And having a go at andy is NOT the way to get your map quenched. Have you seen Andy's reaction to fitz69 putting a quenching poll up on his senate map? Andy is prolonging the process becasue people are trying to force him to quench maps.

Be patient, make the changes that people suggest, especially andy's suggestions. Its the only way you will get somewhere.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:51 pm

Well, bugger it. I'm going to break my promise and post in your thread anyway qwert. :P

First of all, you have the nerve to complain that nobody has posted for two days when all you do is ignore or refute without good reason the suggestions people are putting forward. I'm guessing people don't want to post in your thread because the map isn't developing. It's stuck in limbo because you wont make some very simple changes.

The Australia map was Final Forged on December 13, page 15. There were at least half a dozen changes made to the map since that date and the map was Quenched on January 14, page 22. One month and seven pages.

Your map has been in Final Forge for what, 10 days. Relax!

You've still got work to do and so does everyone else in Final Forge. You noticed anything though? The other Final Forged maps are continuing to develop and be posted in. Maybe you should follow their example.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:22 pm

i dont want to do any changes no more, and i dont say to my map go to qwench, i just say that 2 day pass, and i give andy explain for hese sugestion, i dont gilty why andy dont folow my topic, and i say Keyogy that you opinion for me its like ultimatum, and i dont want to aply these.
If andy wants to put embargo to my map, let tell me and dont put me to wait several days. All good people dont see what you see,MESSY BORDERS-CRAMPED CIRCLE.
And i say again Keyogy please send me a list with people who dont like borders in my map, i realy want to know how many people dont like borders.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hulmey on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 pm

artic map was forged rather quickly.....even thought he game play sucks.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Teya on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:37 pm

qwert, it is only a couple borders that can be easily fixed. If you moved the border slightly it would be fixed. No changes to xml. Moving the border between Novgorod and Demyansk a little bit would give you the bit more room you need to get the Demyansk shadow off the border. The border between Novgorod, Narva and Velikiye Luki... If you rounded it off a bit rather than having it come to a point like it does, the Narva shadow would no longer touch a border.

Yes, other maps have shadows on borders, but they dont have room to make improvements. You do.

Hulmey, that may be the case with the arctic map, but Bad Speler did everything people asked him to do. He made the changes, His map got quenched. Yes, it may have been done too quickly, as it seems some bonuses are a bit off. They must not have been brought up in discussion. The only thing we can hope with the arctic map is that Bad Speler sees enough issues to start an "arctic map v.2" like the world map.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Sargentgeneral on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:41 pm

see, now if you have been following this map, you will notice i had a big dispute with qwert about the boarders way back when and he refuses to even change anything. now, i have decided not to post on this for a while to let things cool down from before but because of recent events i will return to this topic.

qwert, you need to open your eyes!! your opinion here isnt the only one that matters. Lay off andy because his goal for this is to have the best maps on and he will not allow any flaws on it so give him a break. There are many other people that still apparently have problems with this map even though it has passed the two days. You need to still make some changes if you ever want this map to appear or at the least address some of the issues instead of completely disregarding them.
Highest score: 1910
Highest rank: 188

Battle of the bands #1 champion: ACDC
Lieutenant Sargentgeneral

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:47 pm

In regards to the 'two days' it's there as a MINIMUM time limit...not a max. If there is discussion still going on regarding some topic or issue, but no one posts for two days, because you or don't post, or the Foundry doesn't post...that doesn't make it qualify to be Quenched, simply because there was a stretch of two days where no one posted. Many things have been brought up, and barely addressed. I wouldn't be doing my job right if I tried to rush every map to Quenching.

Think of me, like a Game Developer trying to get all the bugs out of new computer games, and enhancing and increasing the over all quality of the product. I'd rather not rush a map out to the community, if it's going to look horrible, have mistakes or bugs, just because there a few demand to play it now. Too often Game's will be shipped with bugs and there will be needed patching. I'm essentially trying to eliminate all the 'patching' that needs to be done. All I want, is just to make sure that every map is a great map, and the Foundry and I will make damn sure that we think each one is before it's done.

:)

Qwert, I also want you to realize, I harbor NO ill feelings against you what-so-ever. I just want to make sure your map is really the best it can be.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:53 pm

qwert wrote:And i say again Keyogy please send me a list with people who dont like borders in my map, i realy want to know how many people dont like borders.

It doesn't matter how many people think something needs to be fixed, if there's a problem there it still exists and it still needs to be rectified. In response to your request though we have the following people who want the borders changed:

1. KEYOGI
2. Haydena
3. Teya
4. Sargentgeneral
5. Enigma (sent me a PM)

You still haven't provided a logical reason to not make the changes. It's a five minute job, I don't know why you're making such a big fuss. :?

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Andy its these your explane why you dont follow my topic from start. My map its good and i dont want to be perfect, and i say again i dont want to create map for small group of people, and you definitly must change something in your Developmental rule, becouse several maps stand only for 1 or 2 people who loking every litle thing for prolongin work in map, and whit these many of map authors will agree with me.

1. KEYOGI
2. Haydena
3. Teya
4. Sargentgeneral
5. Enigma (sent me a PM)
Ok if i must create map like 5 people say of 50000 members, then i crazy man of all planet. :shock: These its a 0,01% of CC members, do you want better logical explain of these
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Well, you're giving yourself your own ultimatum. If you're not willing to participate in the foundry process then your map will never be finished.

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:18 pm

well if these mayority (not minority) want then let be. I will wait.
Last edited by Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Wisse on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:19 pm

add me to the list
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:22 pm

Ok these mean 6, Keyogy you need 24995 to have more of 50%, to win. :wink:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:23 pm

I'm pretty sure no one is trying to 'win'. They just want the map to be great, and they see how it can be improved upon.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

I agree with Key.....

Postby snnecks on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:28 pm

Most of pic is ok but the borders look nasty. It's prolly a 5-10 min fix honestly and face it noone will get too play ur map unless u fix these few minor details. Just face it fixing minor details too everyone's liking = getting ur map approved and played on. A better key people can understand would be great too. Thanks, just my 2 cents, Steven
Cook snnecks

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:30 pm

AndyDufresne wrote
I'm pretty sure no one is trying to 'win'. They just want the map to be great, and they see how it can be improved upon.

--Andy

Why you people want to my map be greater, i dont want to my map be greater, i just want to be normal average, not perfect, not greater like others map, why its so dificulty to accept these.
Last edited by Qwert on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas