Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Teya on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:33 pm

The problem with the maps on page 36 is the army numbers are not centered.
If you have fixed that, you have updated it and you should post the updated pics with updated xml
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:08 pm

here small

and large
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 pm

now andy you have in 1 page maps with numbers and with no numbers, please dont waiting another 5 days.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:37 pm

qwert wrote:now andy you have in 1 page maps with numbers and with no numbers, please dont waiting another 5 days.

Rushing him is nearly as bad as writing 'Final Forge or what!' inthe title! Oh dear... :shock:
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Teya on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:41 pm

These seem out a bit on the big map
Leningrad
Narva
Polotsk
Smolensk
Rzhev
Moscow
Orel
Kursk
Belgorod
Kharkov

They only seem to be out by 1 or 2 pixels, but they are still noticable enough to matter.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:54 am

Guiscard wrote
qwert wrote:
now andy you have in 1 page maps with numbers and with no numbers, please dont waiting another 5 days.

Rushing him is nearly as bad as writing 'Final Forge or what!' inthe title! Oh dear...

WHATH?! I RUSHING HIM. I THINK THAT NO RIGHT OF YOU TO SAY THESE.IN PASS 14 DAYS ANDY POST REPLY ONLY 2 TIMES,AND LAST TIME SHE SAY THAT I MUST POST MAPS WITH NUMBERS,AND I POST MAPS BUT HE DONT REPLY 5 DAYS AND NOW HE ASK SAME THING AGAIN,ITS THESE RIGHT. I LAST 10 PAGES I POSTED 20 MAPS.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:09 am

Teya, i have qwestion for you.
Do you belive that not 1 new map can go to play if dont have all centered numbers.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby boberz on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:31 am

qwert wrote:Teya, i have qwestion for you.
Do you belive that not 1 new map can go to play if dont have all centered numbers.

i will answer for teya (assuming that teya doesnt mind) and say that of course all numbers have to be centered before it is playable because it is such a small thing and it would show that the map has been rushed in the last stages just be patient and make the change people request and let Andy comment in his own time
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:20 am

qwert wrote:Do you belive that not 1 new map can go to play if dont have all centered numbers.

I'm pretty sure it's a requirement to have all numbers centred before Quenching. Might as well get that part over with now. Surely you want your map to look the best it can?
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:57 am

Keyogy do you 100% sure that in yours map all numbers strictly centered?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:53 pm

qwert wrote:Guiscard wrote
qwert wrote:

Rushing him is nearly as bad as writing 'Final Forge or what!' inthe title! Oh dear...

WHATH?! I RUSHING HIM. I THINK THAT NO RIGHT OF YOU TO SAY THESE.IN PASS 14 DAYS ANDY POST REPLY ONLY 2 TIMES,AND LAST TIME SHE SAY THAT I MUST POST MAPS WITH NUMBERS,AND I POST MAPS BUT HE DONT REPLY 5 DAYS AND NOW HE ASK SAME THING AGAIN,ITS THESE RIGHT. I LAST 10 PAGES I POSTED 20 MAPS.

WOAH! Calm down i was joking... We all have real lives Qwert. I'd love Andy to comment every time I post an update on my mongol map too but its just not cricket I'm afraid... People have real lives.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby cdman on Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:05 pm

brilliant map!
Lieutenant cdman

Postby Wisse on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:49 pm

Guiscard wrote:
qwert wrote:Guiscard wrote
qwert wrote:

WOAH! Calm down i was joking... We all have real lives Qwert. I'd love Andy to comment every time I post an update on my mongol map too but its just not cricket I'm afraid... People have real lives.

where is my reallive were is it!, nooo!!! lost my real live :S
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Teya on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:26 pm

Qwert, as other people have said yes numbers need to be centered. Dont you want you map to be perfect?
If keyogi's numbers aren't centered it is because no one noticed. I dont think any of them are out but I havent looked at that map for a while now.

Why dont you just fix them and get it over with? You had the same attitude when the font needed to be changed. That attitude extended the map making progress by about 10 pages. Just fix it now so andy has less to mention.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby cmckinney on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:57 pm

Lets start the final forge. It said that in order to be in the final forge, MAJOR cunsurnds must be adressed. Army spots arent major. QUENCH IT
Marvel Heroes Clan
Private cmckinney

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Teya wrote
Qwert, as other people have said yes numbers need to be centered. Dont you want you map to be perfect?
If keyogi's numbers aren't centered it is because no one noticed. I dont think any of them are out but I havent looked at that map for a while now.

Why dont you just fix them and get it over with? You had the same attitude when the font needed to be changed. That attitude extended the map making progress by about 10 pages. Just fix it now so andy has less to mention.

You say something not logical.teya do you know something of matematic? I work these centering in Paint shop pro 7, i put grid net over all map, and these grid net its 1px.
My circle have 24px, ofcourse all circle have even px, and army numbers 1 take 7 px.If you subtract 7 of 24 you got 17 these odd number, no chance to you halve these numbers, whene you have numbers with even px thene you can halve.
As you can se number 15 have 15px and these number imposible to be centered and numbers 20 have 16px and these numbers can be centered.
If you put in map all numbers with even px( like 2,8,4,7) its look centered but when you in game have numbers with 1(12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,10)exept 11(he got 7+7=14px) you never have centered numbers.
Ofcourse maybe im wrong, maybe you right.

These with numbers
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teya on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:56 pm

If thats the case, you need to change the size of your army shadows.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Teya on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:03 pm

I just had a look at the australia map and it looks to me as if keyogi managed to get all his numbers centered.
Bad speler had a few numbers out on his arctic map and he managed to center all his numbers.
There is no reason you cant do the same.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:09 pm

Its think that you dont read what i wrote,ALL CIRCLE HAVE EVEN NUMBER OF PX,AND ALL ARMY NUMBERS WITH 1 HAVE ODD NUMBERS OF PX.
What you dont understand.
i dont belive that keyoky manage to do that, if he succes to do these he can take Nobel Price for matematic.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby bedplay on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:15 pm

I don't think you understand the principles of basic mathematics teya :shock:

even with bigger shadows, because the army numbers have a stupid font, with odd & even pixels, you can never get all the army symbols totally centred.

ever..

if you look at each and every map you play, when you start getting into higher army numbers, some aren't totally central. you just don't often notice it.
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur
Private 1st Class bedplay

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:24 pm

Finaly some understanding,Thanks Bedplay.
I want to explain Teya but she dont to understand, i can change circle but numbers of px will be same,even.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:24 pm

Qert, whatever the mathematics, a cursory glance will show you that Narva and Moscow are well out on the large map, and many many more are also noticably off. It is possible to do them better, just keep trying... I don't have enough time to list all the ones which are off at the moment, sorry.

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:27 pm

Ok you want to see all numbers centered, its easy just tell me have to put in all army shadow number 8 and you will se that hes centered.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:27 pm

Obviously nothing be perfectly done. I'm not asking you to get it down to .1 px alike in all areas, but centralizing can be done with time and a little effort.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:34 pm

andy help. have to put number 8 in all my army shadows
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas