Conquer Club

AOD vs G1 [24-21] of 45 FINAL 1/12

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AOD vs G1

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Strider24 wrote:-Chuckles; Oh dear, maybe it's not the Canadian jokes that are a problem GK but rather you're just losing your touch ;D

GK has not lost his touch...perhaps I've said too much. 8-[

Need I show my gloves again?

Please don't. That picture makes Michael Jackson look like Ray Lewis by comparison.

Oh yeah, and is there an actual war to go with this thread, or are we just gonna shoot the shit back and forth? (I'm fine with either :) )
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby kennys777 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:03 am

2 be clear, we are not using Fog of War rule?
Sergeant kennys777

Postby Gold Knight on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:48 pm

kennys777 wrote:2 be clear, we are not using Fog of War rule?

Correct, it is simply used as a "Gentlemen's Rule" if you'd like to allow them a look, but is not required.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Serbia on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:58 pm

kennys777 wrote:Walking that 8 mile!

I lived blocks from 8 Mile most of my life.
Of course, it was the north side, so not the "hard" side. Whatevs.

Also, "post made to increase G1 presence without actually adding anything to the content of the thread"
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby codierose on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 pm

and we are off GL all =D>
Major codierose

Postby Gold Knight on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Serbia wrote:

Also, "post made to increase G1 presence without actually adding anything to the content of the thread"

Did you hang out with Marshall?
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby codierose on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 am

are the games going to be posted
Major codierose

Postby chiefsfan4ever on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:34 pm

codierose wrote:are the games going to be posted

This
High score - 2536
Highest Rank - Colonel

Major chiefsfan4ever

Postby Serbia on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Nah, he looked funny.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Serbia wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Nah, he looked funny.

Loving the helmet Serbia. I live near Grand Rapids and am a HUGE U of M fan. Actually getting my dad an old Brady jersey for Christmas (sort of as a gag because all he did was complain about how terrible he was and how Drew Henson should be the starter :lol: )

Also, I believe he already posted he lived on the "nice" side of 8 mile and slim shady grew up on the other side GK. Maybe he saw Kid Rock? ;)
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Serbia on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Drew Henson... we all thought he was supposed to be the next great quarterback. Never really worked out that way, thanks in part to the Yankees.

And my sister went to the same high school that Kid Rock went to - Romeo High.

Go Blue - they should get their 11th win of the year in the Sugar Bowl. Which, at the end of last year, anyone saying that would have been taken for a lunatic.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby AgentSmith88 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Serbia wrote:Drew Henson... we all thought he was supposed to be the next great quarterback. Never really worked out that way, thanks in part to the Yankees.

Go Blue - they should get their 11th win of the year in the Sugar Bowl. Which, at the end of last year, anyone saying that would have been taken for a lunatic.

It's amazing to look now and you can see how terrible RichRod is at coaching defense. :roll: Pretty amazing to go from practically last in scoring defense to top 10 with basically the same players. Hopefully we can continue to give Urban Meyer some ulcers in the coming years. ;)

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby chiefsfan4ever on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:52 am

AOD wins #10204128
High score - 2536
Highest Rank - Colonel

Major chiefsfan4ever

Postby Serbia on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:41 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:
Serbia wrote:Drew Henson... we all thought he was supposed to be the next great quarterback. Never really worked out that way, thanks in part to the Yankees.

It's amazing to look now and you can see how terrible RichRod is at coaching defense. :roll: Pretty amazing to go from practically last in scoring defense to top 10 with basically the same players. Hopefully we can continue to give Urban Meyer some ulcers in the coming years. ;)

I know it's only 1 season, but Hoke has proved to be an incredible hire. I can't wait to see what he does with players he's actually recruited. Of course, hiring Mattison from Baltimore was huge. But that speaks volumes about Hoke as well. I really believe Michigan has no reason to fear Meyer. I think we're about to see the return of Michigan to annual contender status, with Michigan and Ohio at the top of the Big 10 (12).

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT MICHIGAN AND DETROIT.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby chiefsfan4ever on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Just going to keep it on topic.

AOD wins 10200419
High score - 2536
Highest Rank - Colonel

Major chiefsfan4ever

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Major Peter Gibbons

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Serbia wrote:

=D> :)

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Gold Knight on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:19 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:
Serbia wrote:

High hopes turning into dissapointment as a season comes to an end? Or how to properly stomp players on the ground? :)

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby AgentSmith88 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
AgentSmith88 wrote:
Serbia wrote:

High hopes turning into dissapointment as a season comes to an end? Or how to properly stomp players on the ground? :)

You see, as far as the lions go, making the playoffs is the goal, whereas the Packers need to win another Super Bowl or are thus disappointed. And while I LOVE football, hockey is actually my favorite spectator sport and there is no more dominant team in all of sports than the Red Wings. So suck it! 8-) (and no I'm not canadian. I know how your mind works gk ;) )

And we are working on getting jp to update the finished games :)

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby chiefsfan4ever on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:45 am

Win for AOD #Game 10204129
High score - 2536
Highest Rank - Colonel

Major chiefsfan4ever

Postby Serbia on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:35 pm

OT: Tripitaka and I picked up doubles wins in Game 10204132 and Game 10200436.

Red Wings - 20 straight years in the playoffs. No one can touch that in this era.
And stuff it, I'm buzzed on wine, and should really get some brandy, so I'm not talking more. 8-)
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Serbia wrote:OT: Tripitaka and I picked up doubles wins in Game 10204132 and Game 10200436.

Red Wings - 20 straight years in the playoffs. No one can touch that in this era.
And stuff it, I'm buzzed on wine, and should really get some brandy, so I'm not talking more. 8-)

I disagree. The San Antonio Spurs are at 14 straight right now. In the NHL and NBA, it's a lot easier to make the playoffs when over half of the teams make the playoffs. The Wings still aren't sniffing the Bruins and Blackhawks from the 60s to the 90s. Or how about the Canadiens making the playoffs all but one season from 1948-1994?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby AgentSmith88 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:18 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Serbia wrote:OT: Tripitaka and I picked up doubles wins in Game 10204132 and Game 10200436.

I disagree. The San Antonio Spurs are at 14 straight right now. In the NHL and NBA, it's a lot easier to make the playoffs when over half of the teams make the playoffs. The Wings still aren't sniffing the Bruins and Blackhawks from the 60s to the 90s. Or how about the Canadiens making the playoffs all but one season from 1948-1994?

Okay there weren't nearly as many teams back then (the nhl didn't start expanding from the 'original six' until the 60's) and now that there is a salary cap things will start to change. I do agree that it is much harder to make the playoffs in baseball or football, but you can still just buy a good team in baseball (while it doesn't guarantee a playoff spot, it puts you right there) and in football and basketball teams will have good runs of years based on 1 player (look at the colts this year without manning or imagine that new england defense without brady scoring 38 on the other side of the ball. The NBA is completely star driven, although now it usually takes at least 2 to win a championship).

While I agree that 20 straight years in the playoffs isn't the most impressive feat (though it is quite good), they have also won 4 stanley cups in that time, and no other sport has as much parity when it comes to the playoffs as the NHL. Just look at how many 8 seeds beat 1 seeds in the first round and how many president's cup winners actually win the stanley cup. Not to mention the fact that it's not like they are scraping to make the playoffs each year - other than 1 injury laden year a couple years back I can't remember the last time the Red Wings weren't a 1,2, or 3 seed.

Good war so far! =D> (had to add something to stay on topic ;) )

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:45 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Okay there weren't nearly as many teams back then (the nhl didn't start expanding from the 'original six' until the 60's) and now that there is a salary cap things will start to change. I do agree that it is much harder to make the playoffs in baseball or football, but you can still just buy a good team in baseball (while it doesn't guarantee a playoff spot, it puts you right there) and in football and basketball teams will have good runs of years based on 1 player (look at the colts this year without manning or imagine that new england defense without brady scoring 38 on the other side of the ball. The NBA is completely star driven, although now it usually takes at least 2 to win a championship).

While I agree that 20 straight years in the playoffs isn't the most impressive feat (though it is quite good), they have also won 4 stanley cups in that time, and no other sport has as much parity when it comes to the playoffs as the NHL. Just look at how many 8 seeds beat 1 seeds in the first round and how many president's cup winners actually win the stanley cup. Not to mention the fact that it's not like they are scraping to make the playoffs each year - other than 1 injury laden year a couple years back I can't remember the last time the Red Wings weren't a 1,2, or 3 seed.

Good war so far! =D> (had to add something to stay on topic ;) )

Very good war!! ;)

I do agree with most of what you said. by 1974 there were 18 NHL teams and it's not like every team was making the playoffs or anything. NHL definitely has the most parity, especially in the playoffs. It happens when one player (goalie) can make such a big difference. Either way, the Wings are impressive. I was just busting your balls!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gold Knight on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Im sorry, but I cant respect a sport whos poster-boy is a complete fairy...

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges