Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Magic [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:36 am

V11
DONE:

* shields adjustments
* snow adjustments

“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:39 am

DiM wrote:
bryguy wrote:and hey DiM, when do we get to know what the 3rd one will be?

when it will be released :D

shucks

and it looks great DiM
Corporal bryguy

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:41 am

bryguy wrote:
DiM wrote:
bryguy wrote:and hey DiM, when do we get to know what the 3rd one will be?

when it will be released :D

shucks

patience is the mother of all virtues :)

bryguy wrote:and it looks great DiM

thanks.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:42 am

DiM wrote:patience is the mother of all virtues :) .

its also my least favorie
Corporal bryguy

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:16 am

bryguy wrote:

yeah mine too. i'm very impatient :)

i was planning on starting chapter 2 around the 15-th of december but on the 4th i got really impatient and started working on it. 3-4 hours later i started the thread and presented the map :lol:

and now it's the 13th and the map is in final forge. with a little luck it will be quenched around the time i actually wanted to release it :lol:

from a marketing point of view what i did was a huge mistake normally i should have waited at least 4 months before i even started chapter 2 because once you have a product you want to wait until your sure it's no longer successful in order to release it's successor. but wtf it's a game not real life :P
Major DiM

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:19 am

DiM wrote:
bryguy wrote:

i was planning on starting chapter 2 around the 15-th of december but on the 4th i got really impatient and started working on it. 3-4 hours later i started the thread and presented the map :lol:

and now it's the 13th and the map is in final forge. with a little luck it will be quenched around the time i actually wanted to release it :lol:

from a marketing point of view what i did was a huge mistake normally i should have waited at least 4 months before i even started chapter 2 because once you have a product you want to wait until your sure it's no longer successful in order to release it's successor. but wtf it's a game not real life :P

QFT i go on holidays in jan, for 2 weeks, i expect chapter 3 quenched when i get back!!
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:21 am

DiM wrote:
bryguy wrote:

QFT i go on holidays in jan, for 2 weeks, i expect chapter 3 quenched when i get back!!
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:32 am

and you double posted to be more convincing :lol:

this time i'll take a break for 1 month, holidays are coming so no time for maps. chapter 3 will be started after january 15th
Major DiM

Postby nagerous on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:11 pm

This looks awesome!
Captain nagerous

Postby Herakilla on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:20 pm

in order to not undermine your own products you would wait more than 4 months lol, more along the lines of a year or two
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:47 pm

Herakilla wrote:in order to not undermine your own products you would wait more than 4 months lol, more along the lines of a year or two

actually i said i have to wait 4 months before starting another project. and since usually a project takes 1-2 months that leads to a total of 6 months for a map before it's successor arrives.
after looking at the maps currently available i found out that 6 months is the average life of a map. after that it simply loses it's attractiveness and it is played solely by fans and ocassional gamers.
for example look at aor: might. it has 12000+ games so far in just 18 days. that means 666 games per day. do you think after 6 months it will still have 666 games per day? i highly doubt it. and to be honest i'd be surprised if it had 66 games per day.
Major DiM

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:49 pm

DiM wrote:
Herakilla wrote:in order to not undermine your own products you would wait more than 4 months lol, more along the lines of a year or two

actually i said i have to wait 4 months before starting another project. and since usually a project takes 1-2 months that leads to a total of 6 months for a map before it's successor arrives.
after looking at the maps currently available i found out that 6 months is the average life of a map. after that it simply loses it's attractiveness and it is played solely by fans and ocassional gamers.
for example look at aor: might. it has 12000+ games so far in just 18 days. that means 666 games per day. do you think after 6 months it will still have 666 games per day? i highly doubt it. and to be honest i'd be surprised if it had 66 games per day.

probably will have 5-10 games a day, most by me :) i love aor: might

always have to have 2 of it going at a time, except for right now, cause im trying out Conquer Man, so far its not as fun as aor: might

when aor: magic comes out then ill have one of it and one of aor: might going at the same time :)
Corporal bryguy

Postby Herakilla on Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:15 pm

DiM wrote:

i wouldnt be surprised if it still had over 100-150 games a day if you didnt release Magic
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:16 pm

Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:

i wouldnt be surprised if it still had over 100-150 games a day if you didnt release Magic

i doubt it would. i expect the map to reach probably 1000-1500 games per month after a few more months pass.

with 100-150 games per day as you predict it would mean the map is more successful than world 2.1 and that's a really really hard task to attain
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:22 pm

DiM wrote:
Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:

i doubt it would. i expect the map to reach probably 1000-1500 games per month after a few more months pass.

with 100-150 games per day as you predict it would mean the map is more successful than world 2.1 and that's a really really hard task to attain

not so hard as you think, currently it is the only map of its kind out there and that alone puts in a huge plus for people because its "different" and what i mean is that it is the only map that allows you to start from one spot and build an empire
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:29 pm

Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:
Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:

not so hard as you think, currently it is the only map of its kind out there and that alone puts in a huge plus for people because its "different" and what i mean is that it is the only map that allows you to start from one spot and build an empire

it's caled the conquest gameplay.

yeah at the moment it is the only one but at least 3 more will follow. chapters 2 and 3 plus feudal wars
Major DiM

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:05 pm

i just realized something about magic

the thing about fog games for this is that nobody will know (unless they have hung out here or have played it without fog) what the number of neutrals is at the sanctuary, or if somebody has taken it
Corporal bryguy

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 pm

bryguy wrote:i just realized something about magic

the thing about fog games for this is that nobody will know (unless they have hung out here or have played it without fog) what the number of neutrals is at the sanctuary, or if somebody has taken it

not only the sanctuary but all neutrals will be unknown in a fog game. that's the beauty of fog games. advance and discover what hides in the dark. :D
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:20 pm

Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:33 pm

Herakilla wrote:Image

tell me you can't say that's iburi :roll:

it is perfectly visible especialy since the snow has a transparency on it
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:36 pm

DiM wrote:

its ANNOYING
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:47 pm

Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:

its ANNOYING

:lol:

fix it.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:49 pm

you guys suck :evil:
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:01 pm

DiM wrote:you guys suck :evil:

lazy bum :evil:
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:03 pm

Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:you guys suck :evil:

lazy bum :evil:

it's not that i'm lazy it's just that i find it silly to move iburi again. i already moved it a bit in the previous update but i intentionally left it covered by a bit of snow. i think it adds to the feeling. :(
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas