Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Magic [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby bryguy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:42 pm

Coleman wrote:
demon7896 wrote:what does autodeploy mean?
It happens at the start of your turn on its own. You don't get to choose where they go.

In code the decay is actually a negative autodeploy.

really? so your losing 3 from your castles??
Corporal bryguy

Postby wcaclimbing on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:43 pm

Coleman wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:or does it stay in your ownership, but only with 1 army on it?
That one.

dim could you write that on the map also?
im pretty sure im not the only one wondering that...
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Coleman on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:43 pm

bryguy wrote:
Coleman wrote:
It happens at the start of your turn on its own. You don't get to choose where they go.

Reword:

The 3 from the castle deploys to the castle at the start of your turn on its own. You don't get to choose where they go.

I'd add more here but bryguy would get confused.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby bryguy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:46 pm

Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:
Coleman wrote:

Reword:

The 3 from the castle deploys to the castle at the start of your turn on its own. You don't get to choose where they go.

no i only got confused by this part (in bold)
In code the decay is actually a negative autodeploy
Corporal bryguy

Postby Coleman on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:47 pm

Right, the decay for the rest of the territories of 1 per turn and 10 per turn is actually written the same way as the autodeploy for castles except with a -1 or a -10.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Herakilla on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:49 pm

Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:
Coleman wrote:

Reword:

better yet just say that teh castles have an auto deploy of +3 while the territories that decay (any normal and the ones on sanctuary island) have an auto deploy of NEGATIVE 1 or 10 (sanctuary has 10 all other normals have 1) because it is auto deploy this directly affects the army count whether positively or negatively and you dont get to choose where those armies go
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby bryguy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Herakilla wrote:
Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:
Coleman wrote:

Reword:

better yet just say that teh castles have an auto deploy of +3 while the territories that decay (any normal and the ones on sanctuary island) have an auto deploy of NEGATIVE 1 or 10 (sanctuary has 10 all other normals have 1) because it is auto deploy this directly affects the army count whether positively or negatively and you dont get to choose where those armies go

can u get to negative in armys? just something im wondering

and does this affect neutrals??
Corporal bryguy

Postby Coleman on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Doesn't effect negatives and you can only drop down to 1 army.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby bryguy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Coleman wrote:Doesn't effect negatives and you can only drop down to 1 army.

ok thanks
Corporal bryguy

Postby mibi on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 pm

holy speed forge!

well done dim.
Captain mibi

Postby bedub1 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Let me get this straight...

If I get the Sanctuary I win automatically? Doesn't that make this a Objective or whatever game? We have those already?

If I have troops anywhere(besides villages etc), they loose 1 each turn of mine? Or of other peoples?

If I have troops on the Sanctuary island they loose 10 each turn?

Does the 75 increase each turn? It should start smaller and grow & auto-deploy each turn.....so in round XXX it's huge along with the players.....assuming it is actually "get this & win"...

Can docks really only attack other docks? Or can they attack the territory next to the dock too? oh...does the open sea mean I can't attack from dock across that ice thing in the middle to the other docks on the inside of it? Doesn't that give a easier objective to people that get a castle up there?

The GRAPHICS look great...as I expected...except for that mountain in the bottom left corner...it need to look like the land....be hand drawn not copy & pasted....it doesn't blend well at all.

Otherwise it looks good....I'm just confused about way too much stuff....
Colonel bedub1

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:42 am

bedub1 wrote:Let me get this straight...

If I get the Sanctuary I win automatically? Doesn't that make this a Objective or whatever game? We have those already?
We have had the ability to make them for months. You don't win automatically though, unless you still have it at the start of your next turn.

bedub1 wrote:If I have troops anywhere(besides villages etc), they loose 1 each turn of mine? Or of other peoples?

This condition is evaluated at the start of your turn only.

bedub1 wrote:If I have troops on the Sanctuary island they loose 10 each turn?
That is correct, down to 1 army, then nothing happens.

bedub1 wrote:Does the 75 increase each turn? It should start smaller and grow & auto-deploy each turn.....so in round XXX it's huge along with the players.....assuming it is actually "get this & win"...
No. There is no way to grow neutrals with the current code.

bedub1 wrote:Can docks really only attack other docks? Or can they attack the territory next to the dock too?

I have no idea how you could think they aren't like the docks in the current Age of Might map or in Age of Merchants...

bedub1 wrote:oh...does the open sea mean I can't attack from dock across that ice thing in the middle to the other docks on the inside of it? Doesn't that give a easier objective to people that get a castle up there?
The ice thing in the middle has paths on it, so yes and no. Anyone that has inconvenient docks can cross the ice thing to get to the Sanctuary, assuming they don't just want to defeat all the other players.

bedub1 wrote:The GRAPHICS look great...as I expected...except for that mountain in the bottom left corner...it need to look like the land....be hand drawn not copy & pasted....it doesn't blend well at all.

I don't see a mountain in the bottom left corner. If you mean the one in the middle left of the map it looks like the one in the middle left of age of might except covered mostly with ice and snow. If we change it too much it doesn't look like the same mountain as the one on the previous map and that would be bad in this case.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Incandenza on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:59 am

Coleman wrote:I thought it was:

Mischief
Mayhem
Soap

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I'm serious about the Age of Mayhem, though. The spell is broken, but instead of uniting, the lands fall into chaos and the people rebel against their lords. Everything takes a reddish tinge, neutral values go way up, villages provide a higher bonus (fresh troops) but they decay one army/turn (insurrection). Resources adjust the same way. That way the vanilla terits decay in age of magic, but the special ones decay in mayhem...

Maybe even make it an objective to pacify the villagers, i.e. control most (say, ten of the twelve-ish) of the villages on the map.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:40 am

Coleman wrote:
bedub1 wrote:Let me get this straight...

We have had the ability to make them for months. You don't win automatically though, unless you still have it at the start of your next turn.

bedub1 wrote:If I have troops anywhere(besides villages etc), they loose 1 each turn of mine? Or of other peoples?

This condition is evaluated at the start of your turn only.

bedub1 wrote:If I have troops on the Sanctuary island they loose 10 each turn?
That is correct, down to 1 army, then nothing happens.

bedub1 wrote:Does the 75 increase each turn? It should start smaller and grow & auto-deploy each turn.....so in round XXX it's huge along with the players.....assuming it is actually "get this & win"...
No. There is no way to grow neutrals with the current code.

bedub1 wrote:Can docks really only attack other docks? Or can they attack the territory next to the dock too?

I have no idea how you could think they aren't like the docks in the current Age of Might map or in Age of Merchants...

bedub1 wrote:oh...does the open sea mean I can't attack from dock across that ice thing in the middle to the other docks on the inside of it? Doesn't that give a easier objective to people that get a castle up there?
The ice thing in the middle has paths on it, so yes and no. Anyone that has inconvenient docks can cross the ice thing to get to the Sanctuary, assuming they don't just want to defeat all the other players.

bedub1 wrote:The GRAPHICS look great...as I expected...except for that mountain in the bottom left corner...it need to look like the land....be hand drawn not copy & pasted....it doesn't blend well at all.

I don't see a mountain in the bottom left corner. If you mean the one in the middle left of the map it looks like the one in the middle left of age of might except covered mostly with ice and snow. If we change it too much it doesn't look like the same mountain as the one on the previous map and that would be bad in this case.

coleman did a great job explaining everything.
just one more thing to add. the mountain is hand drawn not copy pasted. everything on the map is hand drawn no copy pasted images.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:41 am

Incandenza wrote:
Coleman wrote:I thought it was:

Mischief
Mayhem
Soap

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I'm serious about the Age of Mayhem, though. The spell is broken, but instead of uniting, the lands fall into chaos and the people rebel against their lords. Everything takes a reddish tinge, neutral values go way up, villages provide a higher bonus (fresh troops) but they decay one army/turn (insurrection). Resources adjust the same way. That way the vanilla terits decay in age of magic, but the special ones decay in mayhem...

Maybe even make it an objective to pacify the villagers, i.e. control most (say, ten of the twelve-ish) of the villages on the map.

there's something else planned for chapter 3. just be patient until january.
it's gonna be really interesting.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby rebelman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:58 am

Gilligan wrote:
DiM wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Sorry to be off topic, but what's the third chapter called? I'm curious :D

i don't know yet :?

Based on the first post in Age of Might, I kinda thought it was a book trilogy :oops: ](*,)

:wink: never say never
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Arachnophobia on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:56 pm

one question remains: freestyle games. You take the sanctuary as second last player. Then you make the first move in the new round and win, where only 1 player can interfere?
Lieutenant Arachnophobia

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:58 pm

That would suck wouldn't it? Guess you'd need to try pretty hard to not let them do that.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Gilligan on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:02 pm

Coleman wrote:That would suck wouldn't it? Guess you'd need to try pretty hard to not let them do that.

:lol:

I guess so :lol:
Captain Gilligan

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Arachnophobia wrote:one question remains: freestyle games. You take the sanctuary as second last player. Then you make the first move in the new round and win, where only 1 player can interfere?

Indeed...

Such is the game of Freestyle...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby bryguy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:24 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Arachnophobia wrote:one question remains: freestyle games. You take the sanctuary as second last player. Then you make the first move in the new round and win, where only 1 player can interfere?

Indeed...

Such is the game of Freestyle...

C.

i agree totally with u
Corporal bryguy

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:53 pm

that's exactly what can happen and if it does then it's the blame of the opponents for letting this happen.
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:57 pm

Dimmy - can you get your half of the XML done by thursday?

Next week is gonna be mega busy for me work wise...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:59 pm

yeti_c wrote:Dimmy - can you get your half of the XML done by thursday?

C.

i'm at work now. i'll do it tomorrow when i wake up and mail it to you.

i hope i'll have the time cause this week is mega busy for me but next week i'm free every day
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:01 pm

DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Dimmy - can you get your half of the XML done by thursday?

C.

i'm at work now. i'll do it tomorrow when i wake up and mail it to you.

i hope i'll have the time cause this week is mega busy for me but next week i'm free every day

Sod it - I'll take the existing one (from Might) and use that as a base...

You can add in the extra borders - and tweak the neutrals as you wish next week?

OK? - which is the correct one?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas