Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:39 pm

ok good opinion any body else, i vill put more text colors for example but i think that best is yelow for german side, black for russian side and white for stars teritory.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby btownmeggy on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:36 pm

I don't really like the names of the "Continents" of the German side.

Is there are a historical reason that they're named what they're named?
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:30 am

btownmeggy wrote
I don't really like the names of the "Continents" of the German side.

Is there are a historical reason that they're named what they're named

Of course i write these many time but you dont read or you dont want to read. These name is comander of German army in eastern front in begining of atack on SSSR.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:30 am

im waiting.
Cam on Teya. SAy something.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:39 pm

POOL QWESTION"Do you like impasabile borders" yes 70%-no 30%
Its definitly impasabile borders like most of people.
Keyogi i look yours map and i see that your text font and colors not some special, but you ask from me to put more diferent font and colors in map, and for what?
I can bet that most of people can read what write in a map with no problem, and i realy can understand what you want to got with these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:54 pm

qwert wrote:POOL QWESTION"Do you like impasabile borders" yes 70%-no 30%
Its definitly impasabile borders like most of people.
Keyogi i look yours map and i see that your text font and colors not some special, but you ask from me to put more diferent font and colors in map, and for what?
I can bet that most of people can read what write in a map with no problem, and i realy can understand what you want to got with these.

Don't jump down his font, qwert, he had a point. Of the font options you posted the only readable ones were the two at the very top of the map. I think Keyogi meant to maybe give us some more legible fonts to choose from. I personally think the yellow is a bit out of place. I don't know what program you are using but why don't you add a bit of drop shadow? Maybe the yellow names could be either white or grey.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:54 pm

these what i tell GUISCARD,i put more diference text colors, and Keyogy want from me to change these only readabile text font and colors, and you don look page back to see these more diferent colors,look page 18, and tell what you see
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby qeee1 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:04 pm

Text should be all the same as Narva, or else Smolensk, but definately go for uniformity whatever you choose.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Guiscard on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:14 pm

qeee1 wrote:Text should be all the same as Narva, or else Smolensk, but definately go for uniformity whatever you choose.

I agree

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:35 pm

finaly some agree with me.
I put Black, like Narva in russian side becouse its bright colors of russian country, and yelow for german side ,becouse i try to put black but german country is dark and black can read.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby qeee1 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:40 pm

qwert wrote:finaly some agree with me.
I put Black, like Narva in russian side becouse its bright colors of russian country, and yelow for german side ,becouse i try to put black but german country is dark and black can read.

Ah, I said uniformity, not black one side and yellow the other... what does the smolensk text look like on the german side?
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Guiscard on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:45 pm

I'd go for all black, both sides.

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:56 pm

i try these and dont work, but i will show you, not today, tomorow now its time for sleep, good night
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:38 am

ok, now its all depend of you player, here map with text in small map dimension 629x459.
Text font georgia size 10- i put that size to can stand in teritory
Text color black whit gray shadow.
My opinion that these text can read whit no problem and look wery good.
I belive that these its 1 of last problems in map, and with your help,these map will be finish.

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:43 am

I have told you before about this, but isn't that supposed to be Donetsk and not Donets!?

The font is ok. Maybe make two versions one with white coloured font and the other with black and see what the people think about them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:49 am

no i write good- original name its DONEC and english its DONETC.
lAST PEOPLE SAY THAT BE BETTER WHIT 1 COLORS FOR ALL TERITORY, ONLY BONUS TERITORY TO STAY, I AGREE WHIT THESE.

iF YOU AGREE WITH TEXT WAY YOU DONT VOTE.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Wisse on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:52 am

i voted :P
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:54 am

qwert wrote:no i write good- original name its DONEC and english its DONETC.
lAST PEOPLE SAY THAT BE BETTER WHIT 1 COLORS FOR ALL TERITORY, ONLY BONUS TERITORY TO STAY, I AGREE WHIT THESE.

In English it's Donetsk for sure. Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk

About the font I did not understand what you said but I think the font is okay. Black is legible but I think white would be a bit more legible. That's why I asked if you could post two versions. I don't know if you have done this before, but I don't remember you doing that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:25 am

This font and style are far from ideal, but it's readable and the best option you've posted so far. Why do you persist with different size fonts though? Narva is tall and large, Demyansk is small. Why? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Pick a uniform size for the whole map and stick to it.

When it comes down to it, I still think you should continue to offer more font options.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby oaktown on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:48 am

i think the font choice itself is alright, though some of the smaller words look muddy because of the shadow effect. Field Marshall von Rundstedt and Bialystock, for example, both look blurry to me, and it gives the effect that the graphics are low resolution. Other than that it's a nice looking map.
Captain oaktown

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:26 am

Ruben Cassar wrote qwert wrote:
no i write good- original name its DONEC and english its DONETC.

In English it's Donetsk for sure. Check it out:

You right for these word,but your name its name of city in Ukraine, and my name its river Donets.
see in wikipedia.

KEYOGI wrote
This font and style are far from ideal, but it's readable and the best option you've posted so far. Why do you persist with different size fonts though? Narva is tall and large, Demyansk is small. Why? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Pick a uniform size for the whole map and stick to it.

When it comes down to it, I still think you should continue to offer more font options.

What you mean far from ideal? all names its same font and color , do you some ideal text for these map?
I look all your AUSTRALIA TOPIC,and you know what i see,from begining you juse same text font and color,and dont put diferent font and colors,and definitly yours text not ideal for map ,but can read.
Do you put diferent text font and colors if somebody ask that of you?
Please tell me.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:22 am

By far from ideal I think he means its an improvement but it could be better, The letters need to be an equal height and width like Keyogi said, and I would like to see a white version for comparison. Its certainly much more legible than before though, keep up the good work.

Postby qeee1 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:31 pm

I like it. Not far from ideal, pretty close to ideal I'd say.

Some parts look a little blurry, but not too much.

Only real problem is that the letters are not all the same height.

All the one colour is definately the way to go. Maybe try a version with all white font to see how that looks?
Colonel qeee1

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:01 pm

All names in map its equal size and colors
Guiscard wrote
By far from ideal I think he means its an improvement but it could be better, The letters need to be an equal height and width like Keyogi said, and I would like to see a white version for comparison. Its certainly much more legible than before though, keep up the good work.

Equal height all letters its 0.42, but these others Equal WIDTH-THESE NOT IMPOSIBLE if anybody can do these thing he is a genius
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:06 pm

Look at Demyansk and look at Narva - Narva is noticably streched. If you're looking for an exact example look at the N's on narva and Novgorod. Different sizes.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas