Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby boberz on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:09 am

i did not have to give a logical reason other than it would look better which a fair few people have agreed with. I take offence at being called insane and dumb, I am neither of these things. However if you wish a logical reason i will say that, with the items paralel it makes the top of the map look neater which therefore makes the title seem less word arty and more proffesional.

In the rules it does not say that i have to validate a suggestion so qwert your constant referal to the rules is in my opinion stupid.

Why is making your map look better insane.

I dont actually understand why you dont want to do this, or are you as widowmakers said lazy.
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby Qwert on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 am

No problem,i will put poll question and if you have majority then i will move legend up for these 2-3px,but i repeat map will not be better,and you know these but you ofcours dont want to say these, these is nonsence sugestion, they hove nothing with graphic and play,and i know that you find something else to move up or down for 1 or 2 px.
These is first sugestion where Tittle must be parallel with legend,and you still dont say where these rule you find.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby boberz on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:25 am

i refuse to agree with the suggestion that i am only trying to be obnoxious i am not, i want your map to be the best map it can be and in my opinion that means moving the legend.

Also in my opinion the title must change, but as we have already established this has been voted on i understand why you do not wish to change it. So therefore you do not have to do this, however my latest suggestion is perfectly valid and has shown support.

You wish to prove a point by creating another poll, but i do not mind this as i am sure my suggestion will reign true so if a poll must decide this it must. But i still think a poll will take more time than the improvement itself.

THe question should be something like:

Should the legend be moved up so it is parralell to the title?

Yes ...
No ...

Postby hulmey on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:31 am

obnoxious????!!??! Whoever said you are that...I heard the words %$^Ā£ or Ā£$Ā£$Ā£%$ but never obnoxious :D :D :D :D :D
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby boberz on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:34 am

fair point and i accept but even so i do want this map as much as the next person my feelings towards qwert are not important, i certainly have tried to keep away from the personal stuff unconnected with the map apart from a couple of times in deep rage

Postby hulmey on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:40 am

hey man , what u gettin worked up about its only a map and you hardly know qwert personally!! Take a chill pill and relax :P
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby boberz on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:42 am

perhaps i should, but it is really not nice seeing a piece of hard work that someone has done being rushed at the end, almost like picasso signing his picture with a crayon

Postby hulmey on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:00 am

i concur but picasso didnt get bossed around by boberz...Did he now :D
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Ruben Cassar on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:40 am

Mon dieu! Put up the damn poll for 3 days and then let's move on according to the results...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:07 pm

latest image
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby WidowMakers on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:24 pm

you need to show both images to let everyone know what they are voting on. it really is only a 30 second fix. pick the layers and move them up.

Here is the version with the parallel title to bonus text. qwert it took me 15 minutes.
Edited version with bonus text parallel to title text.
qwerts latest version
Last edited by WidowMakers on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major WidowMakers

Postby Qwert on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:38 pm

I dont need to show both image,because if these a huge problem then i will change without any poll question,but i know that these is so minor and irelevant sugestion,that i belive people will understand that with these change map dont get nothing in gameplay and graphic,and will vote for option 1.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby WidowMakers on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 pm

qwert wrote:I dont need to show both image,because if these a huge problem then i will change without any poll question,but i know that these is so minor and irelevant sugestion,that i belive people will understand that with these change map dont get nothing in gameplay and graphic,and will vote for option 1.
It has nothing to do with gameplay. It is better looking to the eye. Just like the more centered army circles and non jagged lines.

qwert, I have spent under 2 hours making the changes to show the suggestions that others have asked to see. Why can you not just do that yourself. You are making people think you are stubborn and above them. I agree with you, the changes I made do not affect gameplay or anything else. Except the overall better look of the map. It looks awkward when the text is not parallel. That is it.

I would like you to find someone who thinks the non parallel version looks better. You might find players who don't care which one is used. However, the edited version with parallel text has a better visual feel. The map visually holds together better and it flows more easily.
Major WidowMakers

Postby AndrewB on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:09 pm

qwert wrote:latest image

Qwert, you have renamed some city names again. Please correct as it was before, please.

Particularly Ternopil should be Ternopol, Cherkasy should be Cherkassy and Dnipropetrovsk should be Dnepropetrovsk.

Also should be Sarema not Saaremaa; Belostok not Bialystok; Polotsk not Polatsk.

Here is the cross-reference map again:

http://www.rkka.ru/maps/sm-au-1941.JPG

Thanks
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby hulmey on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:07 am

OMFG , looking at it now the suggestion to move the legend up is so pathetic its unreal....

Lets get this 3 days over with and move on

P'S. the legend is still not paraell with the title widow :?
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gingis khan on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:51 am

i do not have computer skills most of you do to know what's "easy" and what is not... but , instead of calling him "lazy" and "stubburn" , please help him all you can to finish this map. THIS MAP RULES!!! let's play it!
with respect
Sergeant 1st Class gingis khan

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:04 am

gingis khan wrote:i do not have computer skills most of you do to know what's "easy" and what is not... but , instead of calling him "lazy" and "stubburn" , please help him all you can to finish this map. THIS MAP RULES!!! let's play it!
with respect
You have not been here since the beginning. Heck neither have I. But when a map maker refuses to make minor graphical tweaks or changes for no reason and they can be done in 15 minutes by someone without the original file, he is lazy or stubborn.

hulmey wrote:OMFG , looking at it now the suggestion to move the legend up is so pathetic its unreal....

Lets get this 3 days over with and move on

P'S. the legend is still not para ell with the title widow
I never said that the change would do anything extraordinary. I just said it flows better. The legend is now centered better between the top of the map and the territories below.

And yes it is not parallel. But it is more centered in the picture thus ascetically better.

I made the changes to prove a point as well. I did that in 15 minutes. Why could qwert not just do that as well. No one can say my adjustment is worse that his original. It might not be better in some peoples eyes, but it is no worse. If he had just moved the legend and posted the new pic, we would not need a poll.

Both maps, according to you hulmey, look to be the same. So you don't care either way. However, for me and some others, the move up legend looks better. So if a 15 minute fix makes everyone happy, those who don't see a difference between the two and those who do, why not just change it in 15 minutes????
Major WidowMakers

Postby hulmey on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 am

have u ever stopped to think for a minute that the map maker it is ascetically better how it is now?

When problems occur with this map its always the same 2 Guiscard and boberz...They are the 2 who have come and said they want it "paraell".

this map has been picked on for every little hair out of place possible and u all god damn well know it
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:01 am

hulmey wrote:have u ever stopped to think for a minute that the map maker it is ascetically better how it is now?

When problems occur with this map its always the same 2 Guiscard and boberz...They are the 2 who have come and said they want it "paraell".

this map has been picked on for every little hair out of place possible and u all god damn well know it
1) It is not ascetically better. It is not centered properly. Look at a baseball card that is cut improperly. It is the same card, it has the same stats, but it does not look as good.

2)Yes this map has been picked apart. My maps have been picked apart too. So have DiM's and Mibis' and every other map in the recent past. Why should qwert get a pass just because he is being stubborn. I had to move an army circle 1 pixel on my Great Lakes map before andy would quench it. So don't make it sound like qwert is the only one who is asked to make "minor" changes.

15 minute fix. Just do it and make everyone happy.
Major WidowMakers

Postby nagerous on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:07 am

I don't think any of your maps have been picked apart over 100 pages.. All I see everytime I come in here is boberz trolling trying to wind up qwert and prevent the map from ever being quenched.
Captain nagerous

Postby Qwert on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:42 am

Widow,if people think that present version is good and dont need change,then i will not change,but if people think that i must put legend paralel with title then i will put to be paralel. Just be patience.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hulmey on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:35 am

Thanks Nagerous and alot of people like Guiscard then jump on the band wagon......

And widow i dont know why u are making references to a baseball card coz are argument like that is compleletly flawed!!!

I know you have made changes in your maps and we saulte you but you surely have not faced the stuff qwert has had to go through in the last 120 pages or so.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:52 am

WidowMakers wrote:you need to show both images to let everyone know what they are voting on. it really is only a 30 second fix. pick the layers and move them up.

Here is the version with the parallel title to bonus text. qwert it took me 15 minutes.
Edited version with bonus text parallel to title text.

This version is 100% better! The star bonus box still needs to be moved down slightly though.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby hulmey on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:45 pm

yeah its so much better 50% of people voted against it
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby boberz on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:10 pm

i am not just trolling or winding up qwert but i am also looking at this especially hard as it is one of the few i am folllowing closely even through my exam period. I just want it to be the best it can, i am not going to stop suggesting things just because i might offend qwert. However as this does not have support then the original should stand that has always been my point, whichever looks better is best, apparently most people think it looks better unparalel so there is our answer.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas