Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Should the smaller sea labels (Gulf of Finland, Gulf of Riga & Sea of Azov) be deleted?
YES
65% [ 19 ]
NO
34% [ 10 ]

Total Votes : 29

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby boberz on Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:11 am

qwert wrote:
boberz

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 18:30 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what about move the legend up a bit (half way in between where it is now and the top) i think that might solve the issue i have at the top

What issue? I never know that position of legend have some issue.Its these a joke to prolonge work in these map,if not you must have very good and logical explanation for these new issue.

The logical explanation is that it would look better higher up and make the title look more formal if they are, as guisgard so correctly put it, parralel i do not wish to unneccesarily halt the progress but i think that this suggestion is a good one and one that has not been considered before
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby hulmey on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:59 am

i agree with Teya...The last 2 labels in the legend are closer to each other.... its a small thing but worth fixing Qwert.

However the only solution would be to move the legend up abit and if you do that you might as well as get it parell with the title...

Again i think this Map Makers preogative and its compleletly up 2 you to make the decision.

Oh going off track i love typing your name QWERT the letters are after each on the keyboard :D :D :D :D
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:01 am

The logical explanation is that it would look better higher up and make the title look more formal if they are, as guisgard so correctly put it, parralel i do not wish to unneccesarily halt the progress but i think that this suggestion is a good one and one that has not been considered before

Title must be formal not legend,and that why i put title to be uper,then others names. Yours logical explanation"it would look better" is not good explanation,because these is only yours point of view. In all maps title must be litle up,and all others names must be down a little, i dont see here that Titles must be parallel with bonus box, so if you have real logical explanation then say. If you think that my logical explanation dont worth nothing,then i will put poll question.
What issue? I never know that position of legend have some issue.Its these a joke to prolonge work in these map,if not you must have very good and logical explanation for these new issue.

And a last you pass to explane issue with legend,can you tell me in what page these legend issue been problem for you.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:04 am

Hulmey,i realy dont se any problem with these,the last box is for Extra bonuses,and i realy dont understand why he must be equal with others box bonuses. I think that these look good.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hulmey on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:10 am

its just my personnel preference QWERT.....I dont think it has to be changed if you dont feel it has to.

I like things neat and tidy...the re-vamp widowmaker is doing has the king's box not in the middle but he says it will take him hours off work to do!!!

So why bother if its gonna take him that long just to move the king's box. Although for me it means alot coz im that kind of person :D
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby boberz on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:15 am

qwert wrote:

Title must be formal not legend,and that why i put title to be uper,then others names. Yours logical explanation"it would look better" is not good explanation,because these is only yours point of view. In all maps title must be litle up,and all others names must be down a little, i dont see here that Titles must be parallel with bonus box, so if you have real logical explanation then say. If you think that my logical explanation dont worth nothing,then i will put poll question.

And a last you pass to explane issue with legend,can you tell me in what page these legend issue been problem for you.

i hav had an issue constantly but i dropped it because we agreed that the title had been decided however now i have found a different soloution, and suggested it and lots of people support it and there is no logical reason why not to do it, so please make everyones lives easier

Postby hulmey on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:57 am

Care to the name the people that support it. Because i quite honestly can only count 1 other person who mentioned it. Care to elaborate???
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:12 am

boberz
i hav had an issue constantly but i dropped it because we agreed that the title had been decided however now i have found a different soloution, and suggested it and lots of people support it and there is no logical reason why not to do it, so please make everyones lives easier

What people,please i realy dont want to start discusion of about these, support for noncense.Now you want to create problem and say that you logical reason why i must change is that you have a large support, i doubt that you have large support, and you admit that you want to mine map work be prolonge,because first you start to atack title issue,but when you se that majority apply these solution, and now you say that you have diferent solution for problem who not exist. Please think again and give me real explanation.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:41 am

Come on guys stop bickering. This is a trivial issue which will not affect the gameplay of the map in any way. I think a map maker has the right to make his own decisions on trivial issues like this one so let qwert decide and let it be, although on a personal note I believe the suggestions made by boberz are valid.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby boberz on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:20 am

everybody that has mentioned it either eagrees or doesnt care so i think it should be done

Postby Qwert on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:49 am

boberz

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 13:20 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

everybody that has mentioned it either eagrees or doesnt care so i think it should be done

Well i think that you dont right,and yours explanation is not valid. Legend dont must be parallel with titles,Titles must be in first plan, and if you continue asking something very minor thing to prolonge work in these i will give you chance, i will open poll question of these not normal sugestion, and if people thinking that you right then i will move up 2-3 px,but these is wasting of time and you know these.
Map to be better if i put legend up for 2-3 px,i never heard insane sugestion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:04 am

I look all maps, and i dont se that Legend and Title its parallel.
Now you ask from me to these must be parallel,please i ask again can you give me real graphic explanation,because i get filing that you want to present new rule, that in all maps legend and title must be parallel. I can not apply yours weak explanation like "it would be better" or "i have a support" because you dont right.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hulmey on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:17 pm

Qwert, i think this comes down more to personnel preference than anything else. People like to see things properly aligned and some people dont. I think it dont matter and you should be allowed to decide.

So make a decision leave it how it is and carry on or otherwise chnage it. You do have some say in your works....
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks hulmey, these will stay like now, because i dont se any problems with these. These issue is finish.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby boberz on Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:40 am

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THAT. it is not up for me to validate my suggestion past what i have already done but it is for you to give an explanation or show lack of support not to do it. At the moment you just say my suggestion is insane, which i do not believe. And not all maps are the same yours may look better paralel and somebody elses more haphazard i definately prefer yours paralel but if it is only me who thinks this then there you are

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:03 am

boberz wrote:I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THAT. it is not up for me to validate my suggestion past what i have already done but it is for you to give an explanation or show lack of support not to do it. At the moment you just say my suggestion is insane, which i do not believe. And not all maps are the same yours may look better paralel and somebody elses more haphazard i definately prefer yours paralel but if it is only me who thinks this then there you are
I agree. The legend should be moved up a bit.

And I need to say this. qwert. You are starting to to the same thing you have been doing for 130 pages. Arguing with the forum posts. I have made a lot of changes to my maps that I have felt were dumb or needless. BUT I DID ANYWAY. That is the way the process works. You have no reason, other than you are lazy, not to move the legend. There is no reason to keep it that way. Just because other maps don't have it does not make your OK.

STOP ARGUING. OPEN YOUR PHOTOSHOP FILE, SELECT THE SEVERAL LAYERS THAT CONTAIN THE LEGEND AND MOVE IT UP!!!!!!

WOW!! is that too hard?? IF you are not willing to do this simple little thing, then you should just stop. This is not even a game play issue or anything of any importance to you. The map does not change at all. It just makes it look more even. When I helped you with your map about 10 pages ago, I was hoping that you would be able to understand how simple the changes were that others wanted you to make.

People are not attacking you or saying your map is bad just because they want you to move something. They have a valid reason for you to move it and you DON"T have a valid reason for keeping it and having it look off center.

Don't take everything so personal.
Major WidowMakers

Postby hulmey on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:33 am

People are not attacking you or saying your map is bad just because they want you to move something. They have a valid reason for you to move it and you DON"T have a valid reason for keeping it and having it look off center.

I asked you to make your King Box more in the centre as it historically would be. This for me is more important than having the legend parell with the title!!!

You did not have a valid reason why you should not move it....Your reason was it would take too long. Would you care to explain to me since you are psoting here with double standards the difference between this and moving a legend up 2 pixels or so????
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 am

hulmey wrote:People are not attacking you or saying your map is bad just because they want you to move something. They have a valid reason for you to move it and you DON"T have a valid reason for keeping it and having it look off center.

I asked you to make your King Box more in the centre as it historically would be. This for me is more important than having the legend parell with the title!!!

You did not have a valid reason why you should not move it....Your reason was it would take too long. Would you care to explain to me since you are psoting here with double standards the difference between this and moving a legend up 2 pixels or so????
Yes I did give a reason. I previous posts to yours I showed how the reference picture did not have the kin box centered. That is why I kept it that way. I built the stadium the way I found my reference material. That is my argument for not moving it. qwert has no argument for not moving a group of text up.
Major WidowMakers

Postby hulmey on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:05 am

Dont want to go off topic but im pretty clued up on History, having a degree in History and Economics helps. I can show you many pictures with king box centred. Look no further than the most famous of them of all in Rome.

Im not causing trouble but 2 people have asked for a change and Qwert has said he prefers it how it is and explained that he likes the title to be higher to stand out.

As with your reason for not moving the King box which i respected but historically is inacurate, then u must respect Qwert's reasoning.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:06 am

WidowMakers,you definitly dont right, i give mine explanation,and hes logical explanation is not valid,you can not say"it would be better if you move up for 1-2 px" these for me its look very dump and no need change,and in developmental rule dont write that you must change every sugestion who dont have any sence with reality.

Tittle must be up,and legend must be litle down.Hes explanation that legend must be parallel with title is not valid because he dont show me where these rule exist.
And last i never ask from others map authors to change some stupid and insane thing,i been very patience but i dont want to change some trivia thing to pleased 1 or 2 man,something what got nothing with game or graphic.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Nikolai on Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:28 pm

qwert, I'm trying to understand how you haven't gotten this yet. The suggestion is an aesthetic suggestion. Therefore, it doesn't need a logical reason... it just needs to make the map look better. I happen to agree that it does make the map look better. WM makes a good point... you might find the change unnecessary. Many of us might find it unnecessary. But it's still a good change because it makes the map look better. And it's not a change that would take you a lot of work to make.
Sergeant 1st Class Nikolai

Postby Qwert on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Its these a joke Nikolai, because every normal man know that map dont be better if i move legend up 1 or 2 px,and these got nothinh with graphic

Therefore, it doesn't need a logical reason

He must have logical reason when he ask to change these, what will hepend if everybody start to asking things to change without any sence,read developmental rule,if i can find logical reason,he also must give me logical reason.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hulmey on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:30 pm

another 80 psots and we have hit the 200 mark :shock:

Even Spamalot cannot beat Qwert's Map thread. They havenot got the balls or brains!!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby KomradeKloininov on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:41 pm

I like the look of this map. When is it going to be done? You've been working on it for forever.
Corporal 1st Class KomradeKloininov

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas