Conquer Club

WWII - Eastern Front-statistic page 1 [Quenched]5000 finish

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby WidowMakers on Wed May 23, 2007 7:10 pm

qwert wrote:I dont have time to change army shadows,and borders like Widow show me, but i will put widow borders and army shadows in these map, and i think that with these combination its will look good.
I guess I really don't understand qwert. You say you don't have time to do the changes yet for the last 2 months you have argued not to do them. You have plenty of time. It is your map take responsibility for it (like other map makers do for theirs) and fix it.

And as to the colors. Keyogi did not say you needed to change them. He just suggested some changes. Those suggestions are not set in stone. The big issues are the circles position/color and the borders.

WHY DON"T YOU STOP POSTING AND FIX THE CIRCLES AND BORDERS, POST THE IMAGE AND END THIS WHOLE THING. YOUR COMPLAINING AND ARGUING ARE NEVER GOING TO GET THIS MAP DONE!
Major WidowMakers

Postby Nikolai on Wed May 23, 2007 10:57 pm

I think, to Guiscard's earlier (apparently misunderstood) post about why we cannot simply put it in Final Forge then say do this and it'll be quenched, I'll add this: for all of his yelling about how he is treated differently from other mapmakers, we don't seem to hear very much about how it is because he acts differently from other mapmakers, as Widowmakers pointed out. Thanks for making that clear. DiM, hulmey, and whoever else, whether qwert has been treated differently or not isn't the right question. The right question is why. And that question points back to one person, and one person only: qwert. I guess I'm just having trouble seeing why anyone would buy this stuff about no fair, I'm being discriminated against when it's perfectly obvious that qwert is merely receiving that which qwert has given.
Sergeant 1st Class Nikolai

Postby Qwert on Thu May 24, 2007 3:21 am

Andy and Widow,its look that we dont understand again,when i write these last post its been sleep time for me and i dont have time to put yours army shadow and borders i hope that you understand now.
I hope that now problem with circle and borders finaly finish.

Thanks Widow.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby WidowMakers on Thu May 24, 2007 4:59 am

qwert wrote:Andy and Widow,its look that we dont understand again,when i write these last post its been sleep time for me and i dont have time to put yours army shadow and borders i hope that you understand now.
I hope that now problem with circle and borders finaly finish.

Thanks Widow.
No problem qwert. I am just trying to help this map get back on its feet. When I said "Do it yourself", I did not mean NOW. I meant just do it yourself and give everyone an update when you are complete. The version I updated is just the large version. YOU still need to do the same thing to the small version. The xml needs to be updated too. There is more to do than I have done.

I did not do the changes so you could use my edited map. I did them to point out how quick and easy the changes are.

It is your responsibility. Just take your time and correct the circles and shadows for both the large and small map. Update the XML and post the 4 pictures of the map, large and small both with and without armies.
Major WidowMakers

Postby boberz on Thu May 24, 2007 5:14 am

LOL i personally dont think any of the maps mentioned netherland, d-day, doodle earth or this one should be in final forge as my view is that final forge occurs when completion is imminent this map certainly does not look imminent as there are still changes to be discussed/made then the situation should be reassesed
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby hulmey on Thu May 24, 2007 6:13 am

Final Forge is when all MAJOR issues have been addressed...I think on all maps aprt from the Netherlands they have.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Thu May 24, 2007 7:58 am

How do you mean Widow, large version,these is a small version of map,629x459. Maybe look that is large but these is small version of map.
I dont want to start with large before i finish small. When people bee happy with small version then i will go to work in large version.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 24, 2007 11:22 am

Qwert, the borders and the army shadows look good. Is there still enough room in the army shadows to fit the coordinates? Just want to make sure, so you don't have to end up doing more work in the end.

I'd maybe consider adding the blur (like you did to the borders) around the helmets on the right, and maybe making the Russian army stars on the side of the helmet (the red and the yellow), stand out a little.

But it's looking good Qwert! Whenever you can, lets see about the large, and we can get this moving into the final steps. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Steel Panzer on Thu May 24, 2007 11:27 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Qwert, the borders and the army shadows look good. Is there still enough room in the army shadows to fit the coordinates? Just want to make sure, so you don't have to end up doing more work in the end.

I'd maybe consider adding the blur (like you did to the borders) around the helmets on the right, and maybe making the Russian army stars on the side of the helmet (the red and the yellow), stand out a little.

But it's looking good Qwert! Whenever you can, lets see about the large, and we can get this moving into the final steps. :)

--Andy

finally some progress! \:D/\:D/\:D/
Corporal 1st Class Steel Panzer

Postby Ninja-Town on Thu May 24, 2007 1:33 pm

How exciting!!! :D
Corporal 1st Class Ninja-Town

Postby nagerous on Thu May 24, 2007 1:54 pm

boberz wrote:LOL i personally dont think any of the maps mentioned netherland, d-day, doodle earth or this one should be in final forge as my view is that final forge occurs when completion is imminent this map certainly does not look imminent as there are still changes to be discussed/made then the situation should be reassesed

if you don't like the map get the hell out of the thread and let the cartographers sort it out. all of your last posts have been purely to antagonise qwert, I am one of many CCers that have been hoping to play this map for a long time and am glad that it is finally back on the move. Keep it up qwert and thanks Widowmakers for helping the map get back on the move and also thanks to the mod team
Captain nagerous

Postby Qwert on Thu May 24, 2007 3:15 pm

Andy
Whenever you can, lets see about the large, and we can get this moving into the final steps.

Andy i realy want to finish with small map first, then will be easy to finish large, if you agree.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby RobinJ on Thu May 24, 2007 3:33 pm

Qwert - I'm sure Andy will agree with everything so long as it is done
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby Qwert on Thu May 24, 2007 5:19 pm

AndyDufresne Posted: 24 May 2007 16:22 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qwert, the borders and the army shadows look good. Is there still enough room in the army shadows to fit the coordinates? Just want to make sure, so you don't have to end up doing more work in the end.

But it's looking good Qwert! Whenever you can, lets see about the large, and we can get this moving into the final steps.

Ok let see.
1. Army shadow have place to put numbers without any problems.
2.Blur Helmets finish
3.Russian army stars on helmet fix.

here image with new changes

previous version
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Thu May 24, 2007 5:38 pm

Looking good Qwert! Hopefully we can get it quenched. The Army circles look 100% better. Well done.

If I could bring up a couple of issues I still have:

*There is a bevel on the land area at the top of the map but it seems to disappear when it reaches the sea, whereas the bottom bevel carries on through the sea. I don't know why this is happening but it should be an easy fix.

*Do you think it would be a possibility to move the submarine further into the top left corner so the Saaremaa label could be brought nearer the territory to which it belongs? I think it just needs to be nearer the island than it is to Tallin, so it doesn't exactly need to be touching the island exactly. Does this make sense?

*I've grown to like the main sea labels, and I agree with your argument that they give a sense of geography, but I think the smaller gulf of Finland and sea of azov labels make it look a little too crowded, especially at the top. Do you think it might be better to get rid of the smaller labels and keep the bigger ones, so as to show where the map is based but not to make it too cramped.

*Finally, and I know you won't like it, but I really do think the title needs further work. Specifically, I don't like the hammer and sickle within it. You cannot really tell what it is and it just looks like a bit of yellow blur. I know you gave us many options before, but could we perhaps see a version with a completely red title or perhaps a yellow one, or maybe a gradient from the centre instead of the sickle.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby hulmey on Thu May 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Yep looking very good.....Good points Guiscard..

cant see the belevel myself :? Maybe you have beeter eyes that mine lol

I think title should stay it is. It has been voted on already and i think Qwert should stick to what the majority of the people want.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Thu May 24, 2007 6:05 pm

Like i explane before some guys want to submarine been visible and i must put name there if you notice saaremma is very long name and if i put near terittory he vill cross borders of tallin.

You have bevels from left and right too. i put these to be more artistic and if people dont like these i will try to remove.

I dont think that look crowded and for me these look very nice,but if people think that i must remove these i will remove.

Finally, like you say i present several option of tittle,even i present with completely red title and people have very much version for choice and he vote for these title and then i put these title,i also belive that in these case i present everything and people have many good title option.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Coleman on Thu May 24, 2007 6:09 pm

I know I'm mean to both you guys. But I really have liked this map and have wanted to see it get finished. I'm glad you seem to be working on it again. Hopefully things will fall into place this time. :)
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Things are looking good, Qwert. Keep it up. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Ruben Cassar on Fri May 25, 2007 3:43 am

Okay my time is limited right now so I do not have much to say, but I just wanted to add that I am glad to see that things are making progress once again in this map. I hope to be able to play it soon. :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Molacole on Fri May 25, 2007 4:18 am

[-o<

=D> =D>

:-^
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby Guiscard on Fri May 25, 2007 6:50 am

qwert wrote:Like i explane before some guys want to submarine been visible and i must put name there if you notice saaremma is very long name and if i put near terittory he vill cross borders of tallin.

You have bevels from left and right too. i put these to be more artistic and if people dont like these i will try to remove.

I dont think that look crowded and for me these look very nice,but if people think that i must remove these i will remove.

Finally, like you say i present several option of tittle,even i present with completely red title and people have very much version for choice and he vote for these title and then i put these title,i also belive that in these case i present everything and people have many good title option.

Regarding the Saaremaa label, I just think it needs to be closer to the island than it is to Tallin. If you just move the submarine over slightly you will be able to get it a bit closer to the territory to which it is meant to belong.

Regarding the bevel, I don't know whether you understand me right. I like the bevel. It is only that it does not seem to be present in the Baltic Sea, whereas it is present in the black sea. Do you not think it would be better if it went all the way around?

Nice to see you're thinking about the smaller sea labels. Does anyone else think these are a problem apart from me? I'm sure people were asking about them a while back...

And finally, does anyone else have a problem with the title still? If it is just me then it is fine to ignore what I'm saying, but I think a fair few people may have issues.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby boberz on Fri May 25, 2007 6:54 am

i am also glad it is moving but that does not mean i have to believe the map is ready for final forge. I love the map and its image and think the playability is alrite aswell. It is just how qwert was but now this is up and running i will take back what i said about qwert and hope similar problems do not occur in the future.

Btw what do those words mean i would really like to know as it does get to me
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby hulmey on Fri May 25, 2007 7:04 am

can u just please shut up....If you have some constructive critiscm to say then say it.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby snufkin on Fri May 25, 2007 8:20 am

I can´t identify the hammer and sicle either but it looks great.

If you think of it as an effect rather than a depiction then I think it´s really successful. Keep it!
Sergeant 1st Class snufkin

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas